Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2020 4:07 AM

Mar 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The MOM is best girl. Such a cool MOM.

Not sure what to expect and what will happen next but it was really cute.
Apr 6, 2020 5:09 AM

Mar 2019
Rennau said:
Where can I find English subtitle?

I didn't find any Eng sub either...RAW and Chinese sub is already out so far
Apr 7, 2020 9:58 AM

Jul 2008
dlxuniuniu said:
Rennau said:

I didn't find any Eng sub either...RAW and Chinese sub is already out so far

Someone on Nyaa said they are working on a translation; if steady subs don't surface and someone can help me with putting together the file, I can also translate going forward.
Apr 7, 2020 1:12 PM

Dec 2016
That was a really cute and fun kids show to rival the yearly Precure shows. This is definitely a keeper if the show manages to keep up the same quality in artstyle and animation
Apr 7, 2020 6:21 PM

Nov 2016
As it's often the case, I came in expecting not much and merely checked it out because it's a J.C. show. Ended up pleasantly surprised.

Reminds me of a light-hearted version of Pet. Was definitely a really fun episode, especially when mom went crazy xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 8, 2020 7:10 AM

Aug 2015
I saw it and decided to watch it mostly because of a private joke with a friend, but it ended up being surprisingly nice! It's pretty refreshing and enjoyable. Hope it keeps up with the quality.

Avatar and signature picture made by aryandil.
Apr 8, 2020 9:31 AM

Jan 2014
Anyone know how long this will run for? Kinda curious about episode length. While I liked the first episode, I'm curious how long the run is.
Apr 8, 2020 9:47 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh it was a fine start so why not, I think it can be good
Apr 8, 2020 9:48 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ellenwitch said:
Anyone know how long this will run for? Kinda curious about episode length. While I liked the first episode, I'm curious how long the run is.
It's 48 episodes so it's airing for 1 year
Apr 8, 2020 11:44 AM

Sep 2017
Kinda surprised how much I enjoyed the 1st ep! Really feels like a successor to Onegai My Melody while having the brighter colors and designs of newer Precure series.
Apr 8, 2020 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
Rennau said:

Try animekisa.tv. They have the 1st episode in English subbed.

The series reminds me of Jewelpet with a magical girl element. The pet designs looks similar too.
Apr 8, 2020 1:09 PM

Nov 2013
"you can't tell anyone about the stuffed animal...you must keep it a secret..................... but it will be in plain view at school" LOL

anyway, pretty fun/cute first episode, i might actually watch it all, even if it looks super childish =D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Apr 8, 2020 5:26 PM

Oct 2010
After seeing/hearing some stuff I was expecting the mom to do wacky things of her own volition, pretty disappointing it was just another PreCure curse. Which was then immediately negated via TTK without requiring any creative problem-solving, though I suppose that's probably because it's the first episode and insufficient time was allotted for that part.

nDroaeApr 8, 2020 5:30 PM
Apr 8, 2020 6:26 PM

Jul 2015
The visuals and character designs of this series are really appealing, it reminds me a lot to Precure which is just great.

The comedy and character interactions were nice, it was also quite funny how Yume got a freaking manual explaining how Mew and her powers work, nice spin on the "magically understanding how everything works" of most mahou shoujo series.

Only negative so far was that the (I guess) monster of the week was... really meh honestly, I want to believe that it's just a matter of wanting to make that part go quick in the first episode while introducing the mc and setting, but the first impression wasn't good on that regard. It felt basically like 5-6 minutes of just going to inside the dream and bam, magic and all good, very pointless.

If next episodes fix that this can end up being a very entertaining watch, 48 episodes sounds quite daunting when I already have Precure and Pokemon all year tho sweating.

Have a stare while we're at it.

Apr 9, 2020 7:44 AM

Dec 2016
Cute episode, nice animation and dialogues, and good simple lesson.
Basically Care Bears.
If I had young daughter and there was dub I would watch it with her without cringing.

nDroae said:
After seeing/hearing some stuff I was expecting the mom to do wacky things of her own volition, pretty disappointing it was just another PreCure curse. Which was then immediately negated via TTK without requiring any creative problem-solving, though I suppose that's probably because it's the first episode and insufficient time was allotted for that part.

First of all, nice meme.

Secondly, don't expect anything dipper. This anime is definitely for ~7yr old kids (and twisted weirdos), so it will be teaching simple lessons like in this they show that parents work hard so you (kids) can help them at least a little.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Apr 9, 2020 5:50 PM

Oct 2010
@Nieznajomy43 This episode is not typical of shoujo-market magical girl shows. For example, in Heartcatch Precure, the heroes have to figure out a way to help the person whose flower wilted. They can't just show up at the scene, wave a magic wand, and expect the problem to immediately go away. I'll be surprised if this show isn't more like that in future episodes.

MetaThPr4h says the same thing:
MetaThPr4h said:
Only negative so far was that the (I guess) monster of the week was... really meh honestly, I want to believe that it's just a matter of wanting to make that part go quick in the first episode while introducing the mc and setting, but the first impression wasn't good on that regard. It felt basically like 5-6 minutes of just going to inside the dream and bam, magic and all good, very pointless.
Apr 9, 2020 10:59 PM

Feb 2017
MetaThPr4h said:

I feel you ... i hate the weekly monster format.
I love precure but some episodes are so boring in that regard xd
Apr 10, 2020 6:27 AM

Jul 2015
tottobennington said:

I feel you ... i hate the weekly monster format.
I love precure but some episodes are so boring in that regard xd

To me it's really a matter of if that monster of the week fight has a place in the episode to mean something for the characters or not. When done correctly they are great, but then there are others where the story of the episode just happens and the monster appears out of nowhere to fill time, that's the meh ones that I wish just skipped (and as much as I adore Precure, I really really wish they could have some episodes without that mandatory fight).
Apr 10, 2020 7:29 AM

Dec 2016
nDroae said:
@Nieznajomy43 This episode is not typical of shoujo-market magical girl shows. For example, in Heartcatch Precure, the heroes have to figure out a way to help the person whose flower wilted. They can't just show up at the scene, wave a magic wand, and expect the problem to immediately go away. I'll be surprised if this show isn't more like that in future episodes.

and I don't just expect that.

but I also don't think this is bad anime, like I said earlier if I had +/-7~10yr old daughter I could watch it.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Apr 10, 2020 4:01 PM

Oct 2010
@Nieznajomy43 I don't think it's bad either, I just needed something to say besides posting the cursed image macro, so I mentioned that because it surprised me. Actually I didn't realize this show was going to be about fighting a threat like that until it happened.
Apr 10, 2020 6:43 PM

Apr 2016
I feel like I'm losing something precious as a man by watching this, but I just love this kind of anime.
Look very promising, can't wait for next ep.
Apr 12, 2020 12:21 AM

Feb 2017
badlajf said:
I feel like I'm losing something precious as a man by watching this, but I just love this kind of anime.
Look very promising, can't wait for next ep.

That happend to me when i first started to watch Pretty Rythm, aikatsu and some idol animes.
Apr 17, 2020 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
It looks like what you'd get if you mixed Jewelpet and Onegai My Melody.

I like it, it's great.
Apr 18, 2020 5:22 PM

Dec 2018
it feels like a precure-style show...
Apr 19, 2020 2:30 AM
Apr 2011
MAL tends to underrate kids' anime but even considering that I don't know why this is rated less than 6.5. First episode was incredibly good
Apr 19, 2020 10:30 PM

Jun 2013
I know this is just a kiddie show, but i actually really enjoyed it!
Jul 11, 2020 12:57 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I might be too late to the party. But i will do some short comment about this lovely series with a cuteness design art as its strength. The dreamland ideas might be too generic. But, i found these show was quite fun to be watched with your little sister or a whole family. Its actually good, since its too long for me to watching this kind of series. Yume, and Mew the fluffy doll began their journey as a Mewkledreamy. Nice introduction, then.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 30, 2023 9:56 PM

Feb 2013
myu is best plushie, please tell me there is a real plush version for sale
<-click

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mewkledreamy Episode 34 Discussion

dlxuniuniu - Dec 20, 2020

3 by mySaudate »»
Apr 11, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Mewkledreamy Episode 27 Discussion

dlxuniuniu - Nov 1, 2020

8 by Kome-Kome »»
Jul 23, 2022 4:30 PM

Poll: » Mewkledreamy Episode 9 Discussion

dlxuniuniu - Jun 28, 2020

7 by Kome-Kome »»
Jul 15, 2022 6:10 PM

Poll: » Mewkledreamy Episode 3 Discussion

dlxuniuniu - Apr 19, 2020

10 by Kome-Kome »»
Jul 12, 2022 8:18 PM

Poll: » Mewkledreamy Episode 17 Discussion

dlxuniuniu - Aug 23, 2020

5 by Firechick12012 »»
Aug 25, 2021 1:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.