Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 25, 2020 2:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, that Estarossa background story. They even added the dog like from the manga. We also got him fighting against the archangels again but in his second form.

Animation quality is still mediocre but hey, at least they are faithful for the battle. And....that's it. It's over this season. Thank goodness.
Mar 25, 2020 2:25 AM

Nov 2007
That majin also liked Goddess when he was young. Goddess not remembering the memory w. him, though.

He seems to have the memory of KajiKaji's character (from the past), too, with those souls he absorbed even he knows the secret place. Then he changed back to himself.

The powers getting repelled and he's berserking, w. his feelings towards goddess and his own brother.

She agreed to go with him and cured everyone else.

That child-liiking angel showed female form. She borrowed her as well as sick boy bodies.

FukuJun's character, angels, and the female majin flying to save goddess.

Some members to the castle.

KajiKaji's character in the space w. huge figure (his father?)... He seems to still be himself (not under his majin personality). He is still thinking about the one he loves.

Announcement video to 4th season aired.
tsubasaloverMar 25, 2020 2:36 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 25, 2020 3:49 AM

Oct 2017
The last few episodes weren't that bad including this one but still below average.

One of the worst anime adaptation to date. They messed up almost everything. Glad this is finally over. Also why tf they are making a new season ffs.
Mar 25, 2020 7:33 AM

Jul 2017
That's it. And now that it's over i'll say: What the flying fuck. This season doesn't exist. MAL could even delete it from the database if possible.

See, i know that the animation was absolute garbage. But i had a huge problem with the story since the 2nd season. The 2nd season was still a good show, BUT THIS.. It was... so ridiculous and nonsensical imo, i didn't even know what i was watching anymore.

1st season: 8/10, 2nd: 7/10, 3rd: 3/10. 4th one? Who cares, the hype is dead, and deen will continue to stain this series even further.
Mar 25, 2020 7:50 AM
Feb 2017
WaterLord said:
That's it. And now that it's over i'll say: What the flying fuck. This season doesn't exist. MAL could even delete it from the database if possible.

See, i know that the animation was absolute garbage. But i had a huge problem with the story since the 2nd season. The 2nd season was still a good show, BUT THIS.. It was... so ridiculous and nonsensical imo, i didn't even know what i was watching anymore.

1st season: 8/10, 2nd: 7/10, 3rd: 3/10. 4th one? Who cares, the hype is dead, and deen will continue to stain this series even further.

MAL could delet you as well ;) 10/10
Mar 25, 2020 8:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Worst sequel to a good anime, how can S1 and 2 be good and this one that bad
Mar 25, 2020 10:05 AM
Jun 2019
Not only the art and animation were trash but the story is now too
Mar 25, 2020 10:12 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Certainly not the worst episode of the season but that really isn't saying much, I'm afraid.

About time for Estarossa's backstory and it is quite tragic indeed. Elizabeth and Meliodas both "betraying" him leading to the split-personality and identity mess was handled fairly well, to my pleasant surprise. But god, those terrible battle sequences...

Anyway, looks like things have been set up for the next season. Hopefully, we'll get to see more of Ban's endeavors in Hell. He must be having a horrid time, lol. Kind of reminded me of his first appearance with the long beard.

Meliodas, meanwhile, is starting to put his plan into action now too. What even took him so long to get started? Quite the teaser after the post-credit scene too.

But sadly, I just can't feel myself engrossed enough to care much. It's been a poor season across all departments (except for the Sound Department) imo. Even the VA felt a little choppy at times, you won't see me saying that often.

Seasons 1 and 2 were really fun to keep up with but, by the latter half of Season 2, we were getting indications that the story is slowly falling apart. And that, it certainly was. Moreover, the under-par animation quality and questionable directing just made things even worse. I can only pray that Season 4 (or Season 5, however you will) will be better than this...

Sorry, but no more than a 3/10 from me. For those interested, the score of this on Bilibili is a mere 4.6/10. I've seen worse but I can assure you not many.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 25, 2020 10:16 AM

Nov 2016
I still managed to enjoy this season despite the decline in quality(production and storywise)

Dunno if I will be able to say the same about the next season, because we're going reach points where things have gotten shit for real in the manga.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 25, 2020 10:18 AM

Jul 2017
Obsidian8 said:
WaterLord said:

MAL could delet you as well ;) 10/10
oof, how scary you are
Mar 25, 2020 10:23 AM

Jun 2015
Wow what a wack-ass season.

3/10
Mar 25, 2020 11:16 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Mediocre source + bad animation = this trainwreck.

4.5/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 25, 2020 11:41 AM
Sep 2015
Ban long hair is so sexy!! Though he should shave his beard. But I don't root for him because he's not a virgin.

Howzer is very shining in this episode! He helps attacking a demon that has much more power than him, very brave. And he control an army that is very loyal to him. Plus he's a virgin!

Can't wait for the final season. I also want the story to continue even after manga end!
Mar 25, 2020 12:03 PM

Sep 2013
Its finally over,i'm so happy.

There were some good things about this season,(Gowther's backstory,Diane and King's arc conclusion,the 3000 year backstory)

But the rest was a mixed bag with some average to bad content,the power level system was even more broken than in s2,the deadly sins all felt weak and useless,i absolutely hated what Meliodas became,all that mystery for this really? and an average conlusion teasing tons of shit i don't really care about

kay now for the animation i'm gonna get a lot of shit but i found it decent thinking about the circumstences,a small studio was given a big license,they had tight schedule to do it and TWO seasons (so 48 episodes),yes some parts looks awful,yes the censor was bad,yes there was cgi but judging objectively it was just below average,most of the scenes looked clean there were almost no cgi(i'm glad cause the cgi they use is awful),the characters were nicely drawed and the landscape too,some scenes were even better than average (i loved that tornado and ocean attack scene from episode 23,looked awesome),overall i'm probably the only one that's going to say this but grats to Studio Jack for making something that looks almost decent with all the pile of garbage they had to handle

Overall i'll absolutely never come back to Nanatsu no Taisai and its not because of the animation.
Deep dark fantasies
Mar 25, 2020 12:28 PM

Mar 2019
this season was hectic! only the last 5 episodes were ok imo! hoping the next one is better
Mar 25, 2020 12:43 PM
Aug 2014
Damn this episode in the looks department was absolutely horrendous, budget must of been running on fumes.

All in all this season compared the the previous and first series has fallen off a cliff, kinda sucks for Studio Jack being the fall guy in this regard.
SyraneMar 25, 2020 1:13 PM
Mar 25, 2020 12:53 PM

Mar 2019
The last episodes of this season weren't that bad. I enjoyed it for a manga reader! Excited for the final season.
Mar 25, 2020 1:01 PM

Jun 2014
Thank god that's finally over, congrats to those of us that made it through 6 months of this lol.

Unfortunately, the rest of the story that's left to be adapted is just.....a total dumpster fire, so even if everything that was bad in this season is improved for the next, it won't be able to make up for how terrible the story will be.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 25, 2020 2:32 PM

Dec 2014
hmm... damn the reveal though..well have to wait for another season
Mar 25, 2020 2:40 PM

Jul 2015
At least animation was better than in the manga.

Mar 25, 2020 3:36 PM

Apr 2019
Well the Manga for the seven deadly sins ended today, read the manga.

The story isn’t even bad, it’s all the animation, sadly that ruins a lot of the show.

Mar 25, 2020 5:07 PM

Jan 2013
Nothing much to say about this, 4/10. Anyone knows what chapter this anime ends on?
KladMar 25, 2020 5:12 PM
Mar 25, 2020 6:39 PM

May 2009
Anyone know who voiced adult Solaseed? Because kid version was voiced by guy

Klad said:
Nothing much to say about this, 4/10. Anyone knows what chapter this anime ends on?

Around 266 but some events sequnces were switched so you might check earlier chapters
Mar 25, 2020 9:18 PM

Jan 2016
Jesus... I somehow managed to watch this season til the very end xD

Not going to continue this series anymore tho. Specially if the next season may have the same animation studio. Apparently, the manga also has its downfall anyways
THANKS SENPIEX
Mar 25, 2020 9:30 PM
Jun 2017
well we even have some estarossa back story... and how is it so bad for him that he feels powerless and whom he love has another love.. thats a sad one...

and now im excited for its next season. yeah..
Mar 25, 2020 11:45 PM
Sep 2019
Despite everything that has happened with The Seven Deadly Sins Season 3, I did enjoy what they had to show for it.

From what I saw in the trailer I think Studio Deen will be doing the Final Season
Mar 26, 2020 3:07 AM

Jul 2017
Estarossa's backstory...it's hard to think that his transformation has been misaligned by the old Meliodas, the former leader of the Ten Commandments. And the rest is history.

But yet, Elizabeth has no recollection of her memories with him, which irritates him to surpass Meliodas in power and strength as his acknowledgement from her, the love he so dearly missed that the younger brother stole away.

In the battle for love, Estarossa has gone insane, and Elizabeth gave in to Estarossa's lost soul, to save what was lost. With that, the four Archangels and the Seven Deadly Sins attempt to save Elizabeth, with the debt-owing Derieri in stead.

What happens after that...is left to Season 4 in October. Not sure whether I'll be able to finish this, but since the years of adaptation in finishing the manga in full, not expecting much since animation is getting worse, but just have to resent myself to finish both the manga and anime.
Mar 26, 2020 4:52 AM
Apr 2016
What's with this show and romance? Each time it's about "love"... I can't find the "romance" tag though.
Mar 26, 2020 6:25 AM
Nov 2009
So Estarossa was basically an incel. Apart from the animation, the whole season had weird pacing issues.
Mar 26, 2020 9:34 AM

Oct 2018
twoego said:
What's with this show and romance? Each time it's about "love"... I can't find the "romance" tag though.
oh don't worry because they will throw that to your throat even more after this arc, this should have ended while ago but got carried by that thing.
Mar 26, 2020 6:16 PM

Oct 2019
Maybe it was just the trauma of the Escanor x Meliodas fight, but the animation seemed a lot better after ep 13. Before that they were drawing distorted faces in fucking static frames, but in the last 11 eps things were more stable. At least it was watchable. It's almost as if Studio Deen got afraid of loosing clients for letting their biggest anime come out a complete dumpster fire and decided to start animating themselves instead of paying that small studio they contracted to do it. There's only so much Deen can do anyway, so it's not like it was good in the end. Besides, the damage was done to the first half, that contained just the biggest dramatic reveal and the most hyped fight of the series. So yeah, 4/10 being nice, even tho I love Nanatsu, it was always a 6-7 show even in its best days. I had given up on the anime after ep 13, but when they announced season 4 (shocking, btw) I decided to check out the rest of it and now I have hope that it will be at least watchable.
Mar 27, 2020 5:15 AM
Jul 2018
Welp that was quite the rollercoaster. See y'all in October then.

twoego said:

Well to be fair most Anime shows (especially the shounen ones) tend to highlight the romance aspect toward the final episodes while the shows themselves do not possess romance as a main category/focus.
Mar 27, 2020 6:05 AM
Apr 2016
BarelyCreative said:
Welp that was quite the rollercoaster. See y'all in October then.

twoego said:

Well to be fair most Anime shows (especially the shounen ones) tend to highlight the romance aspect toward the final episodes while the shows themselves do not possess romance as a main category/focus.
No, that's really not true.
Mar 27, 2020 11:55 AM

Apr 2016
Well studio Deen ruined this adaptation. The animation was so bad..
Final score 3/10

Mar 27, 2020 5:58 PM

Feb 2013
Damn, now I have to wait for the next season.
Please change studios!
Mar 27, 2020 10:27 PM
Oct 2007
This is as bad as Tokyo Ghoul:re. Usually I stand by my stance of having something is better than nothing but I'm not sure if having season 4 of this series is a good idea or not... Will probably still give it a try with the 3 episodes rule.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2020 5:55 AM

May 2012
Great final episode

I can't wait for season 4

Also, I don't care that much about animation. Animation is average but still enjoying it and that what matters.
Mar 28, 2020 8:43 AM

Apr 2018
Terrible season and the manga sucked too. RIP 7DS
Mar 28, 2020 12:48 PM
Mar 2019
Sure; the animation quality improved mildly over these last 3 episodes but it is still mediocre at best. The narrative over this season was a complete mess and even though I haven't read the manga, it definitely feels like crucial plot points were either quickly thrown in or outright omitted from the story. It makes no sense to me why Estorossa's backstory needed to be hastily thrown into the final two episodes of the season when there was more than enough room to build the hype for this final battle across the latter half of the season.
Maybe I just didn't pick up on it soon enough but I really didn't get any sense of split personality from Estorossa until 3 episodes ago and DEFINITELY didn't get any sense of love triangle between himself, Elizabeth and Meliodas until this final episode. This seems like a drastically important bit of information for Estorossa's character development and it was not mentioned at all until the last episode of this god awful season.
Mar 29, 2020 10:15 AM

Nov 2012

I see they saved the budget for Diana's cheeks

still 7/10

livingdarknetMar 29, 2020 10:22 AM
Mar 29, 2020 10:21 AM
Mar 2015
Estarossa is seriously crazy
Mar 30, 2020 4:35 AM
Apr 2018
06:29 -- LOL, "Diane" shouts "Diamond Shield" & instead draws out "Copper Shield" :)
07:10 -- Stupidity of Holy Knight who says "DAIJOBU" & gets slashed :)
Mar 31, 2020 2:15 AM

May 2019
Well, I was really dissapointed with the way Estarossa was visually depiced in these last few episodes, but psychologically they did a pretty good job.

Overall.. well not the best adaptation to say the least. It's a shame, because this season had a lot of potential.

Guess we'll see how they handle the next season, which - imo - will be the hardest season to adapt.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 4, 2020 2:29 AM

May 2012
Compared to the previous seasons this one was more action wise and focused on the main mc's.

It was nice to see some backstory and further character development.

I personally did not mind the common faults most people are complaining about and also liked the general flow of this season, that a fourth season is already confirmed is quite good at this point if you aks me, mainly because this last episode or rather day this season was pretty much just a whole ride of buildup towards the conclusion.

I'm not familiar with the source so I personally lack the knowledge of knowing of this adaptation was good or bad compared to the source. But I can say that of a pretty general standpoint I did quite like this season in general and I am looking forwards to the next one as well!
Apr 4, 2020 5:08 AM

Apr 2013
eeh I don't think this is 7DS that it used to be... but cliff hanger why...
Apr 4, 2020 11:32 AM

Nov 2016
Deen really choose to animate the worst of the seasons anyways, since the plot in the manga at this point was a shit. But the fact that they rreuined it more with the animation is a plus to give this shit a 1/10. Nice job

Let's not forget that they skipped a lot of the manga content.
Apr 5, 2020 10:32 AM

Dec 2019
I finally finished that horrible season. Is S4 also animated by Deen? Please Stop.
Apr 6, 2020 10:31 AM

Oct 2013
Only watching because i wanted to see Escanor whoop some ass and my waifu Diane. the rommance was whacky af. Elisabeth using Naruto's talking no justsu almost everytime that was hella boring, made my quarantine even wrose, i hope Meliodas get NTRd by Estarossa.

I had big expectation for this series but it turned out sux. Hopefully the next season will be better

Overall score 6/10
Apr 10, 2020 10:26 AM

May 2018
Estarossa's VA did a great job. Oh hey Ban is finally relevant again.

Overall the story this season is as good, though the direction it took was questionable. However the animation just straight up sucked throughout.

-1 for bad animation and pacing
-1 for ruining Meliodas v Escanor fight

so overall 5/10
Apr 14, 2020 1:56 PM

Jan 2015
I have never seen something so consistently bad. Kinda impressive honestly.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

190 by aristotle002 »»
Apr 14, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2019

88 by Sodo2050 »»
Mar 13, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

34 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

25 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2020

32 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 10:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.