Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 16, 2019 2:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seeing Diane and King being happy like that in the forest looked really fun.

More importantly, Drole and Gloxina revealed themselves although they didn't come to kill them. Found it funny how weak Diane and King were compared to them Also revealed is why they really joined the Ten Commandments. I find this episode pretty important with the revelations.

Oct 16, 2019 2:22 AM

Nov 2007
Continuing from the last scene of last ep. w. the two.

It seems like titan stays w. the fairies in the forest.

Those fairy and titan in enemy team attack. Both are too strong, though they let the two live to become stronger (surpassing them).

That fairy ancestor doing a bad imitation of main guy. The both had a fight but they decided to do something and wanting their kouhais to prove if they did a correct decision.

It seems like both of them are sent to their past memory where main guy is with the angel. "4" of them gathered to defeat bad guys.
tsubasaloverOct 20, 2019 12:46 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 16, 2019 5:55 AM

May 2018
I just saw the raw on youtube, did i just see red blood!!!!
Did they fix the censorship?!?!?!?
Rider9530Oct 16, 2019 6:03 AM
Oct 16, 2019 7:25 AM
Mar 2018
Rider9530 said:
I just saw the raw on youtube, did i just see red blood!!!!
Did they fix the censorship?!?!?!?

Yes, I saw red blood too
Oct 16, 2019 7:46 AM
Apr 2018
Thr episode was quite alright. At least better than the first episode.
Oct 16, 2019 8:02 AM
Nov 2018
Looks like they changed the white blood.
I don't like the opening theme that much but the ending ...

I'm hyped to see more about what happened in the holy war 3000 years ago.
Oct 16, 2019 10:32 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Better than the first episode I guess, but it was still meh.
They fixed the censorship for the blood at least, and the story starts.
AshhkOct 16, 2019 10:53 AM
Oct 16, 2019 1:35 PM

Nov 2014
This was still bad, can’t believe it will get 24 episodes without cancellation.

Anyway the censorship was handled differently, muted red outlines rather than free flowing white (which was even more horrific than blood if you read or watched The Strain.)

Pacing was still poor, long wasted moments followed by exclamations of shock something happened then snap to another scene.

At least the lack of animation was handled better than episode 1.
Oct 16, 2019 1:46 PM
Mar 2015
Back to the past to time of the Goddess Clan
Oct 16, 2019 1:47 PM

Jan 2012
what have they done to this epic show
the pacing is such a mess and everything feels so meaningless oof
I feel like in index s3

well at least the blood is red again

Oct 16, 2019 2:17 PM
Apr 2016
Uhh, they're in some sort of simulation it seems? For training. Interesting.
Oct 16, 2019 2:34 PM

Jun 2014
Well it seems like the blood is red again, so there's that (although I swear it was white again at the end when Meliodas cut down some of those demons).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 16, 2019 3:08 PM

May 2016
why so many cry babies about the blood? good lord I didn't even notice it when I watched it.

But that episode was awful. So far both episodes boring.
Oct 16, 2019 3:12 PM
Aug 2018
Episode was okay, censorship was kinda fixed and certain parts looked okay. That being said there were still a lot of times where it looked extremely rushed to say the least. I do enjoy them exploring the past a bit more.
Oct 16, 2019 3:55 PM

Nov 2016
Considering that I wasn't a big fan of thos part in the manga, it was more than alright.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 16, 2019 4:10 PM
Aug 2019
people are really over reacting about the blood lol i saw red blood in the first episode it's censored because it's airing on japanese tv netflix will have the original version
Oct 16, 2019 4:24 PM

Mar 2016
Time travel... really?
I thought the filler was bad, another insufferable episode full of holes.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 16, 2019 4:25 PM
Jun 2019
was this episode canon to the manga, it just felt off with its pacing and acting so im just wondering
Oct 16, 2019 5:32 PM
Jul 2018
Meew2 said:
Time travel... really?

It’s more of a simulation rather than actual time travel

TheRealFob said:
was this episode canon to the manga, it just felt off with its pacing and acting so im just wondering

This is in the manga, but for some reason it feels a bit more choppy/rushed in the anime.
Oct 16, 2019 5:36 PM

Jul 2017
Having fun while the world is at risk from the Ten Commandments? This looks bad.

Drole and Gloxina bringing the fight onto Harlequin and Diane, testing their strength. Not just for fun, but harbouring between the lines of being human or demon after last season when Meliodas reaffirmed their souls.

And with that, time travel into Britannia's past to fight the legends of the past. Still feels boring though...

@TheRealFob @Meew2 this episode isn't filler nor canon, it still follows the manga from start to finish.
Oct 16, 2019 9:20 PM

Oct 2017
The action scenes and ost's really feel off. Anyway time travel back to the past, 3000 years ago. Also Elizabeth is a goddess here, seems interesting. It's finally time to see what happened in the war I guess.
Oct 16, 2019 9:50 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Looks like we're finally going to get some answers in first person view. Got to say, the whole buildup to that felt really lacking and rushed though. Elizabeth as a Goddess, whoo-hoo, finally an actual confirmation after all that teasing in Season 2 and Season 3 Episode 1. I'm really curious to know the true motive on the former Kings of the Fairies and the Giants, I feel like they joined the Demons side to protect their Kingdoms in exchange for their powers or something of this sort but I suppose only time will tell. If they're looking for successors, wouldn't Matrona be a better choice for the Giant Kingdom though but well no helping that.

Diane and King's little "I haven't grown 'that' yet" misunderstanding (or was it even a misunderstanding xD) at the start was hilarious. Dancing in a time like this though, they should know better that this was always going to spur some trouble...

Good thing the censorship has improved a little now, this really should've been a late-night anime. I feel like the animation was a slight improvement too so it's great to see that! Action scenes still feel awful and off but it's not too bad just yet I suppose.

Looking forward to where this is going!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 16, 2019 10:26 PM
Aug 2017
I guess this episode was truly upto Its mark just like the previous season picking up the pace a little by little..
Oct 16, 2019 10:36 PM

Mar 2018
Drole and Gloxiane suddenly wanting to train them is a bit uncalled for.. But I guess there's no other way to make King and Diane stronger

We'll probably get to see their past now too, I'm looking forward to it.
Still.. the animations were pretty bland, especially when the fairies were dancing

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 16, 2019 11:32 PM

Oct 2011
When you're so weak that even the enemy decides to boost you

Oct 17, 2019 12:05 AM
Jan 2019
But what an end of the episode! It is incredible that Diane and King's conscience traveled 3000 years in the past in the bodies of Gloxinia and Drole. Seeing Meliodas was great, but seeing Elizabeth as a goddess was ... Wow! So it was they, those of 3000 years ago, who came out in the image of this season, I didn't imagine it, hahaha. On the other hand, is it my idea or did the censorship diminish a bit? At least I could see serious wounds and blood, I think what they censor is the moment when blood splashes in the act of attack. Anyway, I really liked the end of the episode.

Ps: See Diane in Drole's body, hahaha, how funny 😂.
Oct 17, 2019 1:18 AM
Oct 2018
Red Blood and the Animations are not too bad, Meliodas action scenes looked pretty shitty tho.
The pacing is kinda slow but, well...
Nothing unexpected happend, since I've read this Arc
Oct 17, 2019 2:47 AM

May 2019
A decent episode. Adapting the manga at an expected rate. Hearing Diane speak in her own voice was different than what I expected, though

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Oct 17, 2019 4:20 AM

Jan 2017
Big fan of this series but I feel like I'm watching a slideshow now.
Oct 17, 2019 5:36 AM

Jun 2015
This episode was pretty decent, given what we've got in the 1st ep... Plus as FMmatron said already, this part in manga was kinda meh but seeing it animated makes it somehow more enjoyable than I remember, so it's a thumb up from me !
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2019 5:52 AM

Feb 2018
Meew2 said:
Time travel... really?
TheRealFob said:

first its not time travel, it is just simulation that Gloxinia made about Britannia 3000 years ago, what Diane and King do an decide in this simulation won't change the future.

and yes this content is canon to the manga, we will begin Holy War from 3000 years ago arc
Oct 17, 2019 6:38 AM

Mar 2016
gadboyz said:
Meew2 said:
Time travel... really?
TheRealFob said:

first its not time travel, it is just simulation that Gloxinia made about Britannia 3000 years ago, what Diane and King do an decide in this simulation won't change the future.

and yes this content is canon to the manga, we will begin Holy War from 3000 years ago arc

Imagine trying to justify shit writing lol
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 17, 2019 7:16 AM

Dec 2014
No Perfect Time. :(

Episode on the whole was alright, don't really have much to say. I guess it's essentially a training arc for King and Diane.

Seems like the censorship got better, the blood is red again but it was white at the end again? Though I guess because of the scene, it looked more like battle effects which is fine.
Oct 17, 2019 8:23 AM

Sep 2018
This episode was so bizarre, first the bad guys without any reason propose to few of the main characters that they'll train them, then there's a plot twist that this girl is now reincarnation of her from 3000y ago.
Why Meliodas is behaving like this wasn't a thing? This fact wasn't forshadowed in any way.
IT'S ALL SO STUPID!
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Oct 17, 2019 8:52 AM

Jun 2019
Pretty garbage episode although slightly better than the previous. There was no animation whatsoever in this episode. At all.
Oct 17, 2019 9:41 AM

Oct 2013
This looks horrible, not gonna lie.
Oct 17, 2019 10:24 AM

Aug 2018
Tista said:
Pretty garbage episode although slightly better than the previous. There was no animation whatsoever in this episode. At all.

I completely agree with you.There were a lot of static shots in this episode.It felt like a slideshow to me.For few seconds there were no movement at all.I thought my video player froze.
Oct 17, 2019 10:43 AM

Jul 2014
While I'm happy they stopped censoring the blood and that there was some some actual animation this episode (not much, but more than last week's slideshow), why would Drole and Gloxinia not just kill Diane and King to weaken the Sins, who are the only possible opposition the Commandments have? Why on earth would they ever offer to train them like this?

The writing of this show is baffling sometimes, it really is.
Oct 17, 2019 12:27 PM

Jul 2016
Well, this episode kinda got better than last week's. But I still hope they animate more and quit using so many still shots.

Also, if anybody reads this, I don't remember/understand why King and Diane were in the forest, and why did Diane think that Meliodas was dead?. I don't really remember the final parts from last season v_v please help

the moms of the people who remove signatures are hœs
discord: Jotaakuu#8878

Oct 17, 2019 12:29 PM

Jul 2016
Atavistic said:
While I'm happy they stopped censoring the blood and that there was some some actual animation this episode (not much, but more than last week's slideshow), why would Drole and Gloxinia not just kill Diane and King to weaken the Sins, who are the only possible opposition the Commandments have? Why on earth would they ever offer to train them like this?

The writing of this show is baffling sometimes, it really is.

I'm guessing we'll find out why they don't kill them in the next few episodes. They kinda hinted at the reason when Gloxinia and Drole said they weren't from the Clan of Demons, but that's just my guess.

Oct 17, 2019 12:34 PM

Jul 2014
Otaakuu said:
Well, this episode kinda got better than last week's. But I still hope they animate more and quit using so many still shots.

Also, if anybody reads this, I don't remember/understand why King and Diane were in the forest, and why did Diane think that Meliodas was dead?. I don't really remember the final parts from last season v_v please help

Diane thinks Meliodas is dead because they last saw him after the fighting tournament when, at the end, all the Commandments attacked Meliodas and killed him (at least temporarily). I can't remember why Diane and King are in the forest, actually, but the end of the fighting tournament is the last we saw of them last season, so evidently that's where they went rather than joining up with everyone else for the battle at Liones.
Oct 17, 2019 12:35 PM

Jul 2016
Atavistic said:
Otaakuu said:

Diane thinks Meliodas is dead because they last saw him after the fighting tournament when, at the end, all the Commandments attacked Meliodas and killed him (at least temporarily). I can't remember why Diane and King are in the forest, actually, but the end of the fighting tournament is the last we saw of them last season, so evidently that's where they went rather than joining up with everyone else for the battle at Liones.

Thanks, and yeah this makes me agree with you actually. The writing of this show is indeed baffling

Oct 17, 2019 12:41 PM

Mar 2015
for the people who are saying "the blood is red again", well not quite.
When Melliodas defeats the demons in the end, they're blood is still white.

Garbage season, already dropped and gave one to this crap. They show red blood and white blood at the same episode wtf
Oct 17, 2019 12:44 PM
Oct 2019
dude seriously, the animation just went to 1 from 10 since last season to this one, the animation and the fight scene were the main reason I stated watching this show in the first place.this show had the best fight scenes, animation and score in the entire anime. soo, in other words they just pulled a game of thrones season 8 on the audience in this series( at least GOT had some great cgi), but this show is terrible now.
Oct 17, 2019 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
I think that the animation was better than the first episode. They also changed the white blood (thank god)... but they still need to improve the qualities of the episodes.
Oct 17, 2019 12:50 PM

Apr 2016
Pretty boring episode. It could be interesting to see a “power-up” for King and Diane but this part does not seem too much interesting. However, it could be, so I will see before.
Oct 17, 2019 12:57 PM
Jan 2018
Atavistic said:
Otaakuu said:

I think it has something to do with the giant Diane knows and the kids
Oct 17, 2019 1:00 PM
Jan 2018
chair-sama said:
This episode was so bizarre, first the bad guys without any reason propose to few of the main characters that they'll train them, then there's a plot twist that this girl is now reincarnation of her from 3000y ago.
Why Meliodas is behaving like this wasn't a thing? This fact wasn't forshadowed in any way.
IT'S ALL SO STUPID!

I recall them talking about a curse that involves Elizabeth and the part where meliodas is fated to watch versions of Elizabeth die or something . Which was also the reason he destroyed that town when he sore a version of her dead vs that red commandment that and Elizabeth as the goddes eye thing
Oct 17, 2019 1:10 PM

Sep 2018
Mattinator95 said:
chair-sama said:
IT'S ALL SO STUPID!

I recall them talking about a curse that involves Elizabeth and the part where meliodas is fated to watch versions of Elizabeth die or something . Which was also the reason he destroyed that town when he sore a version of her dead vs that red commandment that and Elizabeth as the goddes eye thing

Ok so it was foreshadowed, but it's still pretty dumb that one of Elizabeth's ancestors was literally god, which looked exactly the same.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Oct 17, 2019 1:45 PM
Sep 2015
what a disappointment.
forgive my English but I found out tonight that the animation studio has changed and I can't find the words to describe how disappointed I am, I'm really sad ... it's sad to wait for something for years and then ... not receive it at all, because this is what we talk about. I read many comments from people who are not so pessimistic or who don't even find "big differences" with the previous seasons ... seriously!? WHY are all so focused on blood! WHO CARES about blood, so it won't be censored in the bluray version, the problem is ALL THE REST! Every drawing and I repeat EVERY DRAWING is out of proportion to the first season, everything has changed, the rhythm, the infusions, the framing, the animations, the faces are all low budget is HUGE the difference, here we are really in front of another OPM 2, with the difference that at NNT I was sincerely fond of the history of the artists and knowing that I will never have a third season, because let's be clear, the faces of the DEEN studio are not as alive as those of ANiplex ... it's very sad. what a fucking disappointment, what the fuck, if even 2 of the best-selling mangas in the world manage to have a decent fit this market is really screwed!
OOO_Katai_OOOOct 17, 2019 1:51 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

190 by aristotle002 »»
Apr 14, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2020

89 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 28, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2020

34 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

25 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Kamigami no Gekirin Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2020

32 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 27, 10:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.