Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 21, 2020 8:14 AM

Dec 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First six episodes were released on Netflix in Japan on March 21.

this episode felt a lot more like old Trigger with somewhat choppy and a lot more goody and deformed reactionary animation. the plot this time continues to explore Anima City's society, in which baseball isn't seen as sport, but as a violent gambling game, where teams even kill each other in order to win and earn money. all of that before Michiru rekindles the sporting spirit and saves the day

one other thing that felt a lot like Trigger was the absurdity of all of it, even the fucking dodo birds went extinct in a game of baseball

uninstallthegameMar 21, 2020 8:19 AM
Mar 22, 2020 11:22 PM
Jul 2019
Yeah, it was so Trigger-ish episode! It resembeled me first funny episodes of KIll la Kill. And if I'm correct, there was even Promare reference (but Inferno Cop in the first episode was better)! Trigger... Trigger never changes...
Mar 23, 2020 12:14 AM

Jan 2014
Never thought baseball could become so extreme.

Makes one wonder what else this city has, and what corruption it has.
Mar 23, 2020 12:51 AM

Jan 2015
This might be my favorite episode out of all.
It felt so Trigger it was so nice and fun to watch.

The bear guys are so cute lmao, I’m sad they didn’t win in the end. Oh well.
Mar 23, 2020 1:55 AM

Oct 2019
When they showed winnie the pooh I reactionally said "Aaaaaaaannnnnnnd banned in china" in my best Randy voice.
Mar 23, 2020 3:06 AM

Jan 2020
This episode gave me some kill la kill vibes, and this episode was definetly a remake of Bad News Bears, pretty nice.
Mar 23, 2020 4:29 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great baseball episode, Michiru is so powerful haha, it would have been cool to see more of gambling.
Mar 23, 2020 6:58 AM

Jan 2016
A bit boring. Too much slice of life in this episode. Funny thou.
Mar 23, 2020 12:06 PM

Jun 2013
Mari the Mink not Weasel theme reminds me of Dance Monkey for some reason
Mar 23, 2020 12:35 PM

Jul 2019
The manager for the bears reminds me of Tange danpei from Ashita no Joe and Nanbu gansaku from Megalo Box
Mar 23, 2020 12:56 PM

Jan 2009
Imaishi directed this episode im 99% sure of it lol since his style is about wacky animation and dialogues as well as very fast pacing and lots of stupid jokes
Mar 23, 2020 2:26 PM
Sep 2017
Favorite episode for me right here. The animation is batshit insane while also being really heartfelt and interesting, which is why I love trigger so much.
Mar 23, 2020 8:06 PM

May 2014
This was a hilarious episode with some heartwarming slice of life stuff added. Absolutely loved it. The Winnie the pooh reference was golden.
Mar 23, 2020 8:23 PM

Dec 2016
I personally dislike this episode... like WTF I just watched? (this is my first Trigger series so maybe that's why?)

Tone was all over the place, animation and entire episode also feeled different from previous ep like it was completely different anime, like really Shirou was oozing justice and pride from previous episodes but now he is ok with illegal hazard and killing other furries because "he love baseball"? like WTF?! Especially since Michiru entire deal was that baseball can be enjoyed even without cheating and hurting/killing opponents.

For me this is similar situation to Naruto vs Pain fight. It wasn't badly made but was so different from previous episode and overall tone of this series that I couldn't enjoy this episode.

I also didn't liked humor from this episode, only funny part was extinction of Dodo but this is still low bar joke (Ice Age did this better... ICE AGE!!!") even Murenase didn't went this route.

I can still change my score but for now it will be 6/10. heh...
Nieznajomy43Mar 24, 2020 9:47 AM
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 24, 2020 7:09 AM

Jul 2017
The slice-of-life element this episode emits is inherently the presence of filler. The wacky, childish and outlandish animation that Studio Trigger is known for, I'd foresee Imaishi was episode director solely for this episode.

The baseball elements, plus Michiru's immediate inclusion by the Bears baseball team was aptly hilarious! Based on her ever-growing body twisting powers and abilities, the Bears won solely on Michiru alone.

Unfortunately, the usual money embezzlement by Flip's The Family is still in effect, and the Bears' coach, having suffered in animal racism, is more than in cahoots with usual gang members.

The Winnie the Pooh reference...woah...HOLD UP! That was a good one.

As usual, Michiru manages to sniff the deal of the Bears with the gambling dealings...and that changed the tide of the game. In the end, the Bears lost the game, but won the war.

Nice filler, and a great rest episode.
Mar 24, 2020 10:31 AM

Aug 2016
I liked the animations, Bad News Bears callback, and Winnie the Pooh comment. The manager's story was by far the best part of the episode.

I didn't like anything else and I didn't realize this episode was supposed to be funny. IMO it's the worst episode so far.
Mar 24, 2020 6:26 PM
May 2016
Probably the best episode so far but that may be just me since I'm a Bad News Bear fan (of the original)
Mar 25, 2020 7:11 AM

Dec 2015
Yeah ever notice how many anime have a super over the top baseball episode?
Mar 27, 2020 3:01 AM
Mar 2020
Feels like a filler episode to be honest. How many episodes are there anyway? Hopefully, ennough to make those fillers not be too parasitic.
Mar 27, 2020 4:13 PM

May 2009
ImmovableObject said:
Feels like a filler episode to be honest. How many episodes are there anyway? Hopefully, ennough to make those fillers not be too parasitic.

This isn't manga adaptation, there is no filler. And no, it's filler in sense it's pointless episode - it showed slums of Anima city.
Mar 28, 2020 4:19 AM
Mar 2020
bastek66 said:
ImmovableObject said:

This isn't manga adaptation, there is no filler. And no, it's filler in sense it's pointless episode - it showed slums of Anima city.
Yeah, i know that it's original.

It felt as though it was a filler. It added very little to story or worldbuilding. Slums were shown but just a couple of scenes. Not worth wasting an entire episode on that. Situation with slums and poverty were shown much better in the following episode where jackie was almost burned for debts. The crime problem was also shown much better in other episodes.

I just don't think that wasting an entire episode on something that doesn't advance the story or world building in a show with just 12-13 episodes is a good idea. This episode felt like a very condensed tournament arch.
Mar 28, 2020 7:04 AM

May 2009
ImmovableObject said:
bastek66 said:

Yeah, i know that it's original.

It felt as though it was a filler. It added very little to story or worldbuilding. Slums were shown but just a couple of scenes. Not worth wasting an entire episode on that. Situation with slums and poverty were shown much better in the following episode where jackie was almost burned for debts. The crime problem was also shown much better in other episodes.

I just don't think that wasting an entire episode on something that doesn't advance the story or world building in a show with just 12-13 episodes is a good idea. This episode felt like a very condensed tournament arch.

Supposedly it's 2 cour split cour.
Mar 29, 2020 10:16 AM

Apr 2015
The Dodo beastmen went extinct due to a baseball game, even Anime can't save these birds XD This is one deadly tournament of baseball!

This was such a Trigger episode, I loved it!
The cramped room Michiru was in with all those bear players, it's exactly like Mako's place from Kill la Kill!

Pretty fun episode! Michiru now also can shapeshift her legs into that of a cheetah!
Mar 29, 2020 5:51 PM

Jul 2015
DAAAAAANG the kill la kill team just unleashed everything all over this episode. Probably the most stupid fun this anime is going to have, not to say this anime isn't fun, it's been an absolute blast.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 6, 2020 9:22 PM

Sep 2018
The bear catcher is so funny lol
Their baseball game is enjoyable to watch xD I didn't expect that there's squatter in Anima city. Poor bear 😞

I want a full baseball series with beastmen lol I loveee it! ❤️
Poor Coach 😞 even if they didn't win.. it's still a good game!
Apr 7, 2020 11:43 AM
Sep 2015
This episode isn't just Ashita no Joe/Megalo Box reference or tribute, it's basically a remake!
Apr 7, 2020 7:36 PM

Dec 2015
Haven't laughed this hard in a while. This is undoubtly the Trigger I know and love, and I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of this series.
Apr 7, 2020 10:18 PM
Jul 2017
This has to be my favorite episode so far. It really gave off that classic trigger vibe. Brings me back to the goofyness of Kill la Kill.
Apr 8, 2020 3:28 AM

Oct 2017
The baseball matches were really funny and damn I didn't think that they'll lose. Felt bad for those bears.
Apr 8, 2020 6:42 PM
May 2019
Please anyone know the name of the OST from episode 5 during the baseball tournament starting from 18:30 minutes .!
Apr 9, 2020 8:45 PM

Aug 2018
i liked it, but this episode was a weird shift in tone...
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Apr 12, 2020 5:07 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
What a nice episode! I've had this feeling for a while, but it seems like Michiru is trying to aiming more toward improving Animacity-- making it better. So I thought this was a nice way to show that she's doing it in really small ways. It was an entertaining episode in addition to one that probably helps get the idea across well.
The smallest bear was cute! <33

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 16, 2020 12:24 AM
Apr 2015
Loved the development on Shirou. Even though the episode mostly revolved around Michiru's enjoyment of the game, Shirou recognized that at the end and decided not to destroy the sport for her sake. This was a great episode for that reason.
Apr 16, 2020 11:25 AM

Mar 2018
Am I the only one who couldn't tell what animal the coach was?

Also, didn't like much the episode, if the first 2 episodes would've been that absurd (you know what I mean) I would've liked it more.
One day I'll be active here, in the mean time I'll keep track of what I watch offline 😅
Apr 19, 2020 3:07 AM

Jun 2013
This episode had that iconic Trigger craziness, reminded a lot of Kill la Kill with all the distorted characters and insane antics.
臭い-
Apr 24, 2020 12:28 PM

Feb 2019
This animation style is pure love for anime. The plot has KLK's vibes.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Apr 30, 2020 7:25 AM
Apr 2018
So is this a baseball anime now?

But man, that was fun.
Apr 30, 2020 7:57 AM
Apr 2016
n00bvlog said:
Loved the development on Shirou. Even though the episode mostly revolved around Michiru's enjoyment of the game, Shirou recognized that at the end and decided not to destroy the sport for her sake. This was a great episode for that reason.

It is more complicated than that. As a part of Shirou's "beastmen protection" ideology, by not exposing the gambling scheme, he protected 1. The coach who got better 2. The beasts who organized the gambling. 3. The idiotic bears which surely exist as an allusion to the average baseball player. At least I hope so. 4. Michiru, who wanted to help the stupid bears get a chance at life.
ImmovableObject said:

Except it did both. The episode had shown the full extent of her powers, as in she is able to transform her body into different animals, on which Alan Sylvasta himself commented as "shapeshifting". As well as highlighted the flawed Beastmen society which is, well, basically still the same as human one with vicious animals symbolizing a lot of people in the society. Gambling, rigging - everything is real. If you think this all was here just for fun... You have little experience with Trigger series then.
Daniel_NaumovApr 30, 2020 8:07 AM
Re:formed
May 2, 2020 3:59 PM

Nov 2010
That was the worst episode I watched since the weird idol filler episode in Kyoukai no Kanata.
Not that the quality in animation went down, they basically created a filler episode (for no reason) that did nothing for the story in general (the only particle size world building we got was the slum and poor thing, but even that wasn't even 'new'), but even demolished the previously established character writing.

So in essence we have an episode that doesn't further the story or characters, but shits on the previously established character traits. Not sure if you can be more destructive if you tried to sabotage a project like this.

Daniel_Naumov said:

Except it did both. The episode had shown the full extent of her powers, as in she is able to transform her body into different animals, on which Alan Sylvasta himself commented as "shapeshifting". As well as highlighted the flawed Beastmen society which is, well, basically still the same as human one with vicious animals symbolizing a lot of people in the society. Gambling, rigging - everything is real. If you think this all was here just for fun... You have little experience with Trigger series then.

Except we already knew all this from the previous episodes, this episode added nothing new and muddied the water on previous development.
May 2, 2020 4:13 PM
Apr 2016
zwolf12 said:
That was the worst episode I watched since the weird idol filler episode in Kyoukai no Kanata.
Not that the quality in animation went down, they basically created a filler episode (for no reason) that did nothing for the story in general (the only particle size world building we got was the slum and poor thing, but even that wasn't even 'new'), but even demolished the previously established character writing.

So in essence we have an episode that doesn't further the story or characters, but shits on the previously established character traits. Not sure if you can be more destructive if you tried to sabotage a project like this.

Daniel_Naumov said:

Except we already knew all this from the previous episodes, this episode added nothing new and muddied the water on previous development.

I told you the reasons, you said "we already knew it". I am unsure if you realize what a "social critique" is and how Trigger is related to that phrase.
Re:formed
May 3, 2020 5:38 PM

Mar 2019
BEST EPISODE EVER... LOL!!!... The Winnie the Pooh Band so cool!!!

PS: no way someone could hate this episode... and if you do, you hate Trigger itself...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
May 3, 2020 11:40 PM

Nov 2014
That was a fun episode, cool powers.

May 6, 2020 5:32 AM

Nov 2016
This episode is a good example of why I love Trigger, it was so much fun.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 6, 2020 9:47 AM
Jan 2016
Hahaha, I really love this eps...it makes me remember the old days, when I'm still in my highschool futsal team. We're not the favourite one in the tournament but we have that mentality, we want to win, and we believe that our hardwork will be paid and that it is, maybe only get second and third place in my last 2 tournament but I'm really happy, one of the vbest moment in my life. It's all about passion man, especially if you talk about sports, not just only money, money, and money, that's why sports is really fun and beautiful.
May 6, 2020 12:17 PM
Apr 2016
ExTemplar said:
What anime is your gif from?
May 6, 2020 1:26 PM

Nov 2014
JanPri said:
ExTemplar said:
What anime is your gif from?
i got multiple gifs, you gotta send a picture

May 7, 2020 2:01 PM

Aug 2018
I know Imaishi probably begged Yoshinari to get his own episode on BNA and the results is frenetic and crazy in a good way but If I wanted an episode of Kill la Kill I could just go and watch Kill la Kill.

The worldbuilding has already been done and extend it further just to get more action and comedy isn't relevant especially when it messes THIS MUCH with the overall plot, so this city was supposed from ep1 to be an utopia for beastmens right ? Then Why there are baseball killing games, slums and the mafia is controling absolutely everything ? This makes no sense, even by Trigger standards, Little Witch Academia stays coherent with its own universe even with the crazy shit that occur during the show for more episodic episodes.

With the last eps already being more character centric than giving us plot progression this feels like the show is going to be rushed in the last few eps and my hopes for BNA to be 24 eps has been crushed unfortunately making me even more anxious for what's to come. (I'm already betting for the ALIENS right now)

May 7, 2020 9:14 PM

Feb 2015
It was a funny and entertaining baseball episode, I really laughed when the bears asked her to become their pitcher. Dante surely suffered in his human life, he’s kind of redeeming himself now. Michiru trying to hide her abilities is doing a horrible job.
May 9, 2020 6:46 AM

Feb 2014
The crazy and over-the-top animation style that I remembered a lot when I first watched Kill la Kill was something that I really enjoyed in this episode. Imaishi did a solid job here. =)

Although Michiru didn't make any effort to hide her abilities, she did become an influential figure for the bear's baseball team, turning them from a team that agreed to lose their matches in order to get money to a team that wants to win and shows the passion for it, too. They might've lost in the finals here, but they won the crowd's hearts easily.

Even Shirou had some growth here as well. I did think initially that he would expose the sport's match fixing, but he decided not to and he instead played his part in helping Michiru's goal come to fruition behind the scenes. Full respect for him, I must say.
May 11, 2020 2:35 AM

Aug 2017
Typical Trigger episode, everything is over the top LMAOOOO

The very writing is full of contradictions but it doesn't matter, I had a lot of fun how ridiculous it was all lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » BNA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

uninstallthegame - May 5, 2020

214 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 6:59 AM

Poll: » BNA Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

69 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 6:58 AM

Poll: » BNA Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

60 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 6:57 AM

Poll: » BNA Episode 9 Discussion

47 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 6:56 AM

Poll: » BNA Episode 8 Discussion

46 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.