Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2020 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's neat they got an auction going on in this show. About time too with that valuable collection.

Auction likes this usually tends to be tense but I find the episode pretty relaxing.
Feb 20, 2020 9:59 AM

Dec 2015
I posted this on last week's discussion thread, but since I was pretty late to the discussion, in case anyone hasn't seen it, GSC has announced a Nendoroid Doll for Richard and you can view the painted (!) prototype here. And yes, you can bet your ass I'm preordering this.

Wow, what an episode. I didn't expect to get more Richard backstory! Though that was definitely welcome. Although, this just made me more curious about Richard now...

(I'll apologise in advance for the watermark, I was watching on Muse Asia's YT.)

So, Seigi finally meets someone from Richard's past. Sir Clairemont, huh? Since Richard later mentions he is indeed from a rich family, I guess it's not a stretch that he also happens to be nobility. Falling out with his family though... I'm so curious to know why. Since he now admits at least the Ranashina part is borrowed, is Richard even his real first name....?

Wow, I really didn't expect Seigi to say he likes Richard, and neither did Richard. Okay, okay, you can stop beating me for the BL implications now, knowing Seigi he meant it in a friend-like manner.

But what's even more curious is Foreigner-san's words (sorry, I really don't remember his name) that Richard gave up a happy life with someone and is with a foreigner (presumably Seigi) now;

putting the fujo goggles aside, this really reads in a romantic manner, at least to me? And if this line was indeed meant to be read that way, does this mean that the person Richard was dating back at home was a man? I swear, this episode just leaves me with more questions than answers.

And now, for our regularly-scheduled Seigi waxing lyrical over Richard's looks. God, that really was smooth.

I love how some of us were like "please give us more Tanimoto-san" and this episode gave us exactly 0 Tanimoto... Though on the flip side I am glad to hear more about Richard. Will we ever get to know his full backstory before the anime ends? I doubt it, but the novel isn't being translated legally (and the fan translation is very behind)... And I can't Japanese :(
Feb 20, 2020 10:02 AM
Jul 2019
Uh oh, this is starting to be gay.................

The jewel for today......
Feb 20, 2020 10:11 AM
Sep 2015
This episode bring us closer to romantic love than ever!
Feb 20, 2020 10:33 AM

Dec 2014
hmm nice episode..this episode got weird right in the end
Feb 20, 2020 11:01 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The auction part was great, good episode the story was interesting again
Feb 20, 2020 11:16 AM

Jul 2017
Ok, before I wasn't getting why everyone was thinking this show was pretty gay but now I understand lol.

I am glad to see Richard opening up more to Seigi though
Feb 20, 2020 11:28 AM

Mar 2018
Any Novel readers here?
is Richard gay?
Feb 20, 2020 11:36 AM

Jan 2010
mneav3 said:
Any Novel readers here?
is Richard gay?

Not sure about Richard's sexuality, but novel readers seemed to have more or less confirmed that Richard and Seigi's relationship never becomes romantic?

The novel is still ongoing, I think its at 9 volumes at this point, and is starting to get fan-translated. You'd have to find folks who have actually read most of the novels to get 100% confirmation on anything though.
Feb 20, 2020 12:01 PM
Feb 2020
mneav3 said:
Any Novel readers here?
is Richard gay?

Feb 20, 2020 1:40 PM

Jan 2010
Well that was the gayest episode yet, but I'm not expecting any pay-off of actual gayness from either Richard or Seigi. That whole conversation they had about "kissing" was confusing, a play on words that doesn't make as much sense english-translated?

I mean, there's still Tanimoto who's more or less been a pointless love interest for Seigi. I'm also guessing Richard's sexuality won't be revealed in this season and we will be left with the question of "Is he in love with Seigi or not?" Wondering how much more of his backstory we'll get before the anime is over...7 episodes in and we are only now learning out more about his character.
Feb 20, 2020 2:20 PM

Sep 2014
Those BL vibes at the end of the episode
I am living for it
Feb 20, 2020 2:32 PM

Apr 2011
Honestly, I don't even care if Richard/Seigi will be canon or not, I just want Richard to be gay. It'd be nice to have a gay main character in a non-BL anime.

Anyway, today's episode was really good! I don't understand why this anime's score is so low.
Feb 20, 2020 3:14 PM

Sep 2011
I loved this episode, there were so many SeigixRichard moments, they are letting me dream. lol No, seriously, I loved when Seigi told Richard that he didn't want to force him to talk because he likes him and he was honestly surprised. xD And that auction was something, I could feel that moment when the bids kept going up so much that it made Seigi tremble. I mean, I know that Richard would tell him if they could no longer afford it, but I can understand Seigi's nervousness if I put myself in his shoes. That was a lot of money. That man who knew Richard and was going for the same item was really obnoxious though. But I guess I should feel grateful since he just made Seigi and Richard get closer. lol So there's a dispute over an inheritance in Richard's family... I can't help but feel even more curious about his past. And I wouldn't worry if I were Richard, I doubt Seigi is going to regret what he said. lol
Feb 20, 2020 3:37 PM

Jul 2017
The gayness of this show, this episode really shows its true colours towards that aspect.

An auction, and a shrewd foreigner "competitor" of Richard's, whom all are Seigi's virgin experiences from start to finish. But I'd be wrong to even see that deep within, Richard still has some rift between Seigi (and this is where I'd hope the BL really draws the line).

For a banned auction, this is not quite the predicament I was seeking for it to be peaceful...that is until the prized jade jewel, the psychological battle between Richard and the shrewd foreigner.

As much as Seigi is loyal to Richard (in business terms), sharing his own life story to Seigi seems the safest choice after the voluminous warning and the "romantic or not" aspect. Just kinda wish that Richard would be gay (through novel readers already know).

Regardless, one of the series' best episodes easily invested to date.
Feb 20, 2020 6:18 PM

Jul 2009
OMG, they are so cute. Richard trusts more on Seigi and Seigi getting so angry because that idiot mess with Richard... Their relationship goes fire on more and more!! I love how all Richard´s word are so directly, but at the same time it sounds like he is declaring to Seigi, lol Of course, he is not declared in THAT way, but hell yeah feels like THAT way. Damn asian and their <so good> bromances... Now I need a corean drama of this HAHA
Sasha_ATFeb 20, 2020 6:26 PM
Feb 21, 2020 12:29 AM

Oct 2008
Don't regret it!? LOLZ! it's YAOI time! haha!
5/5.

Feb 21, 2020 2:56 AM

Apr 2010
Well, now things are getting hotter! I thought at the beginning it was going to be like Bartender, just with jewels, but it seems I was wrong!

Feb 21, 2020 4:24 AM

Mar 2016
Tanimoto=absent
Random people getting emotional in a jewellery shop=absent
People treating the shop like a detective agency=absent
This was a fun episode!
Feb 21, 2020 9:56 AM

Nov 2009
Chickengirl said:
mneav3 said:
Any Novel readers here?
is Richard gay?

Not sure about Richard's sexuality, but novel readers seemed to have more or less confirmed that Richard and Seigi's relationship never becomes romantic?

The novel is still ongoing, I think its at 9 volumes at this point, and is starting to get fan-translated. You'd have to find folks who have actually read most of the novels to get 100% confirmation on anything though.

There are a bunch of spoilers floating around online, you get stuff like
Feb 21, 2020 10:21 AM
Apr 2017
I agree with a lot, this episode was really enjoyable. It felt like they upped the stakes for both and added an actual "antagonist" into the series, where it has mainly had resolved situations up until now.

And yeah... there was 1) Seigi saying he liked Richard, which, sure, Seigi is probably meaning it to be friendly. But Richard's reaction seemed to read deeper than that, especially at the end where he said "I hope you won't regret saying you like me." Like who says that about being friends? That's usually romantic connotations.

Also, if it were a usual romance, Seigi's bold statement about Richard's outfit wouldn't be out of place. Either way, this show is potentially hard baiting one way or the other.
Feb 21, 2020 11:13 AM

Jan 2017
i'm living for the gay undertones lol
Feb 21, 2020 12:44 PM

Oct 2018
I hope we get better anime series in summer season......
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 21, 2020 3:46 PM

Sep 2017
Was not expecting the kinda gay vibes. Richard might actually be gay. Doesn't feel like this show will get too into romance tho. Well we are still getting more about Richards past which is nice.
Feb 21, 2020 3:53 PM
Sep 2019
These gay undertones are making me uncomfortable for some reason
Feb 21, 2020 5:17 PM

Feb 2018
I don't know why people are so weary about the possibility of Seigi and Richard becoming a couple. What's the big deal about it? We're in 2020 for fuck's sake!
Feb 22, 2020 2:24 AM

Oct 2017
This episode was kinda eh. I had pretty high expectation from this anime but this is becoming dull and boring with every episode. Also wtf I thought Richard was gonna start telling his backstory but that ended even before it started. Only thing he told Seigi is that he has some family issues because of inheritence. Also ofc this is turning into BL too.
Feb 22, 2020 4:18 AM

Jan 2017
Colorman said:

then don't fucking watch it?
Feb 22, 2020 9:31 AM

Dec 2015
Bernrika said:
Chickengirl said:

There are a bunch of spoilers floating around online, you get stuff like

Volume 9 spoilers are also starting to get dropped, and...

Too bad we'll probably not reach this part in the anime.

Also Richard

And for Seigi/Richard shippers, if you need more food, the design of the auction house lobby where Seigi and Richard talk about kissing is a wedding chapel in real life. Putting aside the fact that they're a sponsor for this anime, of all places they could have chosen to base their design on, they based it on a wedding chapel?! Where our leads were talking about kissing and liking?
starlightshineFeb 22, 2020 9:41 AM
Feb 22, 2020 1:56 PM
Sep 2019
rozen_zulu said:
Colorman said:

then don't fucking watch it?

I realised I actually sound pretty homophobic there, but I didn't mean to come off that way. Sorry. I do enjoy the show
Feb 22, 2020 4:53 PM
Nov 2019
trailsoffire said:
mneav3 said:
Any Novel readers here?
is Richard gay?

wait does seigi get w tanimoto then?
Feb 22, 2020 7:05 PM

Jun 2019
starlightshine said:
And for Seigi/Richard shippers, if you need more food, the design of the auction house lobby where Seigi and Richard talk about kissing is a wedding chapel in real life. Putting aside the fact that they're a sponsor for this anime, of all places they could have chosen to base their design on, they based it on a wedding chapel?! Where our leads were talking about kissing and liking?

"Good for you!"
Feb 24, 2020 2:11 AM
Apr 2018
Gay. Not gay. Gay. Not gay. Gay. Not gay. Gay. Not gay. Gay. Not gay. Gay. Not gay. Gay. Not gay. Gay--AAH WHO CARES IF IT IS GAY OR NOT? I JUST WANT RICHARD TO BE GAY. THAT ALONE IS ENOUGH FOR ME.
Apr 3, 2020 1:28 AM
Apr 2020
I find it hilarious when I first saw the trailer I thought “this looks pretty gay... I’m gonna watch it.” And now watching it I realized how gay it is 💀💀 I’m so on board with it, but I know it’s not gonna happen. It’s probably just fanservice like all anime does. Tanimoto is still an interest for Seigi, but I also highly doubt it’s gonna go anywhere. Everything is focused on the relationship between Seigi and Richard so of course side plots won’t be a big thing. But like the bond the two have. Even if it doesn’t turn romantic which I am positive it won’t, their story of friendship is enough
Apr 23, 2020 4:15 AM

Jul 2015
If it wasn't established that Seigi is in love with that college girl, I really would have thought he was in love with Richard everytime he praises him

"Bats have been considered good luck" ...lies....damn corona virus....

Oct 20, 2020 5:48 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
This....this is kinda hot.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Dec 12, 2020 7:25 PM

Mar 2017
i am losing my mind over this episode. i need a few hours to process everything that was said between seigi and richard because there's so much to unpack here i-
Apr 7, 2022 7:33 PM

Jul 2021
The BL I'm getting in this episode made my day better
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Housekishou Richard-shi no Nazo Kantei Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2020

70 by Destroyer31 »»
Aug 31, 2023 10:56 AM

Poll: » Housekishou Richard-shi no Nazo Kantei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2020

73 by BlaizeV »»
Jun 14, 2023 1:04 PM

Poll: » Housekishou Richard-shi no Nazo Kantei Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

46 by removed-user »»
Jan 23, 2023 1:35 PM

» Official English release of the novel is out now

hirahira - Jun 30, 2022

2 by demision »»
Jun 30, 2022 3:44 PM

Poll: » Housekishou Richard-shi no Nazo Kantei Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

33 by Kitty-Kate »»
Apr 14, 2022 9:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.