Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 15, 2020 4:42 AM

Feb 2010
Maneki-Mew said:
Pullman said:

I mean that guy allegedly has 300 more days of anime watched than I have and 5 more years of being alive compared to me, so I'd say my game is not up to par.

Then again he has Doraemon set as 'completed', which to me is the ultimate sign of an account not being legitimate since only a fraction of the episodes of that show are even available on the internet. So I just assume that's a bot account.

That doesn't tell you anything. I set the Pokemon seasons at completed as well, although I have seen like half of every season and don't bother with the rest anymore. I neither want to have them in my watching-list forever nor dropping them.

I mean that literally tells me that such lists are not legitimate because they include stuff they haven't actually seen. A list doesn't have to be botted to be illegitimate.
trenchantbaka said:
Pullman said:

I mean that guy allegedly has 300 more days of anime watched than I have and 5 more years of being alive compared to me, so I'd say my game is not up to par.

Then again he has Doraemon set as 'completed', which to me is the ultimate sign of an account not being legitimate since only a fraction of the episodes of that show are even available on the internet. So I just assume that's a bot account.

Tbf even I have Doraemon as completed though I surely didn't watch all of it. I mean, it ain't legitimate to call it 'completed' but I did watch a lot of it and don't feel like putting it on hold or watching or dropped. This dude probably did something similar. Also, I can't see why such a bot account would even exist.

well, idk why either, but it's a fact that there are dozens of bot accounts out there who just add almost any title from the whole DB, including ones that are impossible for them to have seen because they are lost media. So it's definitely a thing.

But as I said, even without botting a list becomes illegitimate when you add 1700 episodes of Doraemon because you've seen a small percentage of the show. *shrug*
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 15, 2020 4:45 AM

Mar 2016
Klad said:
That is rookie numbers OP. You don't know about this guy? https://myanimelist.net/profile/spacecowboy

Man it's nothing special, dude was born in 1930 Nov 26, he had more time.
Feb 15, 2020 5:05 AM

Sep 2016
Pullman said:
Stygian_Prisoner said:
There's a retired mod called Pullman who i see frequently on these threads and he's got 5,623 completed anime as of this moment.

Absolute legend. Your guy needs to step up his game, lol.

Just checked quickly and found around 1000 episodes available.
Feb 15, 2020 5:09 AM

Feb 2010
ooReiko said:
Pullman said:

Which is a fraction and far from the complete series.
Q.E.D.
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 15, 2020 5:26 AM

Sep 2016
Pullman said:
ooReiko said:

Which is a fraction and far from the complete series.
Q.E.D.

Searched bit more and found every single episode of the series.
Feb 15, 2020 6:24 AM
Jul 2018
Pullman said:
Maneki-Mew said:

That doesn't tell you anything. I set the Pokemon seasons at completed as well, although I have seen like half of every season and don't bother with the rest anymore. I neither want to have them in my watching-list forever nor dropping them.

I mean that literally tells me that such lists are not legitimate because they include stuff they haven't actually seen. A list doesn't have to be botted to be illegitimate.
trenchantbaka said:

Tbf even I have Doraemon as completed though I surely didn't watch all of it. I mean, it ain't legitimate to call it 'completed' but I did watch a lot of it and don't feel like putting it on hold or watching or dropped. This dude probably did something similar. Also, I can't see why such a bot account would even exist.

well, idk why either, but it's a fact that there are dozens of bot accounts out there who just add almost any title from the whole DB, including ones that are impossible for them to have seen because they are lost media. So it's definitely a thing.

But as I said, even without botting a list becomes illegitimate when you add 1700 episodes of Doraemon because you've seen a small percentage of the show. *shrug*

Okay well then. Better like this? lol you can put stuff completed without the full numbers.

Many people don't care if it's legimate or not, because they don't care about the day watched-numbers and aren't that accurate.
Feb 15, 2020 6:44 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah I had the same reaction as you.
I don't really think I'll ever reach that level ヽ(* ̄▽ ̄*)ノ
But you definitely haven't checked out this guy: https://myanimelist.net/profile/DateYutaka
Feb 15, 2020 6:52 AM

Jul 2013
Some people don't seem to realize that the guy genuinely loves and enjoys the shows he watch. Just looking at his profile, he's been here since 2009 and got a really high mean score. I'm sure he doesn't watch anime just for the sake of boosting his numbers.
Feb 15, 2020 2:53 PM

Nov 2015
phantom346 said:
So I was just scrolling through the site looking for things and I happened to stumble across this dude's profile---> https://myanimelist.net/profile/_thiagobrisolla

He's got OVER 5000 anime completed! Like HOLY SHIT! I thought it was a bot at first before I browsed through his lists. I mean i thought I was a fucking weeb but goddamn there are some HArdcore anime fans out there. Are any of you even close to achieving this level of madness or even want to?

Clearly you have not met the legend that is https://myanimelist.net/profile/spacecowboy

I had considered it pretty standard to have a couple hundred completed. If I saw someone had a few thousand, they were worthy of praise. This guy is a damn badass. Even more so if he's as old as he says in his profile (90yrs)!
Feb 15, 2020 3:04 PM
Feb 2018
There is that one guy, Stark700 (link https://myanimelist.net/profile/Stark700) whom i know as a person who is first to make episode threads on many shows (115K+ threads wtf).
Not only he has 600+ days spent on anime, 1100days+ on manga but also when you go to his stream profile through the banner you can see that he plays games ¬80-100hours per 2 weeks. I havent seen anyone who would bend the time and space as much as he does with those stats!
Feb 15, 2020 9:59 PM

Jun 2015
Give me a couple years and I'll pass 5k ezpz. I'll rock the anime industry's butthole like there's no tomorrow.

💖 𝐼'𝓂 𝒽𝒶𝓎𝒹𝑒𝓃❣ 💖

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 💝 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 💝 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝒯𝓊𝒷𝑒 💝 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆
💝 𝑀𝓎𝐹𝒾𝑔𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒞𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 💝
Feb 15, 2020 10:11 PM

May 2016
Nope. I skip tons of stuff. Not gonna watch 500 good anime and 4500 garbage
Feb 15, 2020 10:55 PM

Dec 2017
5k completed holishit lmao

nah, probably never. much prefer reading nowadays anyway
Feb 16, 2020 3:23 AM
Feb 16, 2020 7:43 AM

Sep 2018
CHRIST
Nope, I don’t think so. Someone with a list that huge must have seen a lot of crappy anime and hentai, and I don’t have time for that
Feb 16, 2020 8:34 AM

Apr 2017
I'm still a rookie but I have the determination.
The more I watch the better, I want to be a database.

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

Feb 16, 2020 8:53 AM
Jul 2019
Though I do like anime, too much of anything is bad. Besides, quality over quantity. I'm not gonna watch some mediocre-bad show just for the sake of numbers. I want something good that'll be remembered for how amazing it was.
Feb 16, 2020 8:54 AM

Jan 2013
Over halfway there, if I wanted to get there I could do it by the end of summer probably.
Feb 16, 2020 9:26 AM

Oct 2018
its only been 3 years for me... pretty sure I can catch him but it will take time, he's been watching for 10 years...
emraanashFeb 16, 2020 10:13 AM
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 16, 2020 9:53 AM

Jun 2009
most users that have multiple thousands of entries have faked a lot of them. they love when you make threads and comment on their profiles sucking their e-peen. make sure you keep doing that.

>That doesn't tell you anything. I set the Pokemon seasons at completed as well, although I have seen like half of every season and don't bother with the rest anymore. I neither want to have them in my watching-list forever nor dropping them.

@maneki-mew

so you faked all your pokemon entries?
loghneckbeardFeb 16, 2020 9:56 AM
Feb 16, 2020 9:58 AM

Jul 2015
Maneki-Mew said:
Pullman said:

... But you dropped them. I don't understand why you'd set them as completed, whn you dropped them?
Feb 16, 2020 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
Well, the man said it himself: "Anime is my life."

Anime isn't my life, so no.
Feb 16, 2020 10:12 AM
Aug 2017
No and I'm not even trying coz I'm a picky anime watcher.
Feb 16, 2020 10:14 AM

Oct 2017
Well, I've completed 156 in about 3 years. But I didn't watch as regularly at first so let's assume last years rate will be the standard.

I completed 65 anime last year. So for my list to reach 5000 I would need to watch another 4850, which at 65 per year would take 4850 / 65 = ~75 years.

So I would need to live until I'm 108. Unlikely.

I'm always wishing I could make more time to watch more anime though. So let's say I do that and complete 100 per year. Not unreasonable.

At that rate it would take 4850 / 100 = ~49 years. Living to 82 is achievable.

So maybe. I'll revisit this should I achieve my goal around the year 2071. See you then folks.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Feb 16, 2020 10:25 AM

Aug 2018
There's an administrator called vallon.That guy has watched over 8,500 series and 1800 days of watch time.
I Could never reach these levels of insanity.
Feb 16, 2020 10:37 AM

Jul 2019
He has a lot of 1-2 episode long shows
Feb 16, 2020 11:10 AM
May 2019
No I have a life and I don't want to watch anime that I don't enjoy just so I can boost some arbitrary number up.
This is not a video game.
I'm also sceptical when it comes to people with insane amount of anime watched, cause anyone can claimed to have seen anything even when they haven't.

I have seen users with more anime than him:

2,487.4 Days
14.9K Anime
https://myanimelist.net/profile/THE_HIDDEN

1,684.9 Days
13K Anime
https://myanimelist.net/profile/spacecowboy

1,270.0 Days
10K Anime
https://myanimelist.net/profile/lanblade

1,264.0 Days
9.5K Anime
https://myanimelist.net/profile/De_Baer

1,889.6 Days
7K Anime
https://myanimelist.net/profile/DateYutaka
XstasyFeb 16, 2020 11:25 AM
Feb 16, 2020 11:14 AM

Jun 2012
Yeah, I'm happy where I am in life.
200 days watched is enough for me right now.

Do you guys still find interesting and refreshing shows to watch after 500+?
Feb 16, 2020 11:56 AM

Apr 2013
That's clearly a fake list way boosted compared to reality. Not because of the number of anime mind you, but because of parts of his list that are extremely doubtful to be real.

As for getting on someone levels, I dunno, sitting in front of anime videos is easy. Try reading LNs and japanese novels instead. Directly in Japanese even. Then we'll talk ;)
Feb 16, 2020 12:34 PM

Oct 2017
Well, An 8.9 mean score with over 5000 completed anime is kind of unbelievable, also he just wants to make anime List bigger and bigger by adding hentai and every ova or special he watched. I'm pretty sure I will have more than 400 hundred completed anime if I add every Hentai I watch.
Feb 16, 2020 1:01 PM

Dec 2018
taht really depends, judge on the day watched if ur lookin for time spent. ive been watching for less than 2 years and my days are over 1/4 th of his days completed. so unless i wanna watch 500 music videoes, i think im good
Feb 16, 2020 1:41 PM

May 2018
Its not about the number of anime, but days watched. Even so, he has like 800+ days... jeez that's like over two years worth of anime...
Feb 16, 2020 1:46 PM

Sep 2017
i wonder if this dude has the thing called "life" probably not considering the amount of hentai he is watching...
Feb 16, 2020 2:02 PM

Oct 2017
1- No, I don't have that much time in my hands.

2- Sometimes it's just pure lies, sometimes the guy didn't even watch the whole thing, just added to the list and marked completed, but I don't doubt that we have some people with that much free time. I really doubt the guy has any form of social interaction and barely leaves his home in order to achieve that much completed anime without being a scam list. His life is none of my damn business though, so whatever.

3-Maybe he lives out of it. I don't know maybe the guy you linked is a Brazilian Anituber and lives of reviewing etc.

4- Even if I had so much free time to watch anime I would prefer quality over quantity, 5000+ completed anime which means probably at least 4000+ anime is of terrible quality, that's all about tastes though.
I wouldn't go through the mental torture of watching that much trash content.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Feb 16, 2020 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
Deathko said:
Maneki-Mew said:

... But you dropped them. I don't understand why you'd set them as completed, whn you dropped them?

Not really, in my eyes. At least I don't want them in my drop list. These are just series with a lot of filler / episodic stuff and since it's actually more an anime for little kids, I really don't want to watch all of it, but as long as they run, they are adorable to watch here and there. That's why I don't want them to have dropped and that's why I go with the mentioned option.

Feb 16, 2020 4:02 PM

Jul 2019
Most likely not. Unless I live past 25 then maybe.
Feb 16, 2020 4:16 PM

Aug 2017
That is insane.

I've been watching anime since '89 and am just now coming close to finishing 750 animes. He must have some kind of job watching and reviewing anime or something. Because you can't possibly work and see this much. I'll never catch him. Not sure if I would want to, though. You've got to watch a boatload of trash anime to get that high.
Feb 16, 2020 4:45 PM

Dec 2010
Why would you ever want to who has that kinda time does he do nothing but watch anime its called having a life that does not revolve around anime.
Feb 16, 2020 6:13 PM

Dec 2014
people keep talking about quality over quantity, but you are just an audience, you cannot control the anime quality..
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Feb 16, 2020 6:15 PM

Aug 2009
I'm actually not too far away and I can confirm that I'm a real person

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Feb 16, 2020 6:27 PM

Dec 2016
There are definitely not 5,000 anime out there I will enjoy, so the answer is definitely no. I will also probably quit watching anime before I even get to 1,000.
Feb 16, 2020 6:27 PM

Mar 2009
Bruh, my problem is being 30 years, and just trying to remember half the weird crap I watched in the 90's as a kid. lol
Feb 16, 2020 6:30 PM

Sep 2018
That 8.9 mean is pretty suspicious after watching +300 anime let alone +5000.
Feb 16, 2020 8:47 PM

Apr 2014
You could learn like 5 languages and get a couple degrees in that amount of time. Insane
Feb 16, 2020 11:29 PM

Dec 2015
I'm pretty sure my boyfriend has seen over 5000 anime.

Club for Fighting Game lovers : https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=77600
Feb 17, 2020 7:50 AM

Dec 2018
I hope I don’t. I can’t imagine losing that much time to anime.
Feb 17, 2020 8:11 AM

Oct 2018
Thread Locked
Basically a gossip thread.

Topics gossiping about MAL users, etc are not allowed, as they rarely encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion.

Anime Discussion Rule 2.c.:
Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. This includes, but is not limited to:

a. picture collecting
b. random "xx vs. yy" (e.g. random anime/manga/character xx vs. random anime/manga/character yy)
c. gossiping about individuals (e.g. youtubers, channels/videos, MAL members, other sites' users, etc.)
d. personal storytelling, narration, ranting, and/or blog-style posts; these topics only encourage a one-way discussion where members are commenting on the poster's idea, and should be posted using blog feature instead
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 5 hours ago

14 by Lucifrost »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - Yesterday

42 by Doutei-kun »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

30 by 707supremacist »»
4 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

61 by billybub »»
10 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 2 hours ago

15 by Spunkert »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.