Forum Settings
Forums
Feb 14, 4:10 PM
So I was just scrolling through the site looking for things and I happened to stumble across this dude's profile---> https://myanimelist.net/profile/_thiagobrisolla

He's got OVER 5000 anime completed! Like HOLY SHIT! I thought it was a bot at first before I browsed through his lists. I mean i thought I was a fucking weeb but goddamn there are some HArdcore anime fans out there. Are any of you even close to achieving this level of madness or even want to?
FUCK THE CHARACTER COUNT CHECK!

Feb 14, 4:14 PM

I watch anime for entertainment, not to complete them all as if they were Pokémon, there's no reason for me to just watch so much of it, I watch what I like, and I know that I'll never be able to keep up with everything so why bother anyway

Feb 14, 4:18 PM

Quality over quantity,I would much rather watch fewer anime and have strong impressions on them,rather than watch so many that I will forget easily anyways.

Feb 14, 4:20 PM

Watched 120 to 130 days worth of anime last year, please be on my level instead.

But I rather have more quality shows...

Feb 14, 4:21 PM

If I stay watching anime like I do today, maybe in 20 years. XD

Anyway, It is kinda of useless to get more stuff on my list if I dislike or forget the stuff.
Modified by Bob-o-Dominador, Feb 14, 4:24 PM
Hail Nico, the Namber Wan Idoru.

Feb 14, 4:28 PM

There's a retired mod called Pullman who i see frequently on these threads and he's got 5,623 completed anime as of this moment.

Absolute legend. Your guy needs to step up his game, lol.

Feb 14, 4:34 PM

Missaliensan said:
Quality over quantity,I would much rather watch fewer anime and have strong impressions on them,rather than watch so many that I will forget easily anyways.

This is pretty much the point of it. If you are gonna spend your time watching anime, watch something you are actually enjoying.

Feb 14, 4:36 PM

Eeeh. at first I wanted to because malgraph has 5000 completed achievement as spike spiegel bang picture that looks nice, but then I realize that would require too much work

I'll slow my activity down eventually

Feb 14, 4:36 PM
Legend speaks of a user named spacecowboy who must consume anime to live. Some say he watches anime 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, 366 days a year. I think they underestimate his true power.

Feb 14, 4:38 PM

Stygian_Prisoner said:
There's a retired mod called Pullman who i see frequently on these threads and he's got 5,623 completed anime as of this moment.

I mean that guy allegedly has 300 more days of anime watched than I have and 5 more years of being alive compared to me, so I'd say my game is not up to par.

Then again he has Doraemon set as 'completed', which to me is the ultimate sign of an account not being legitimate since only a fraction of the episodes of that show are even available on the internet. So I just assume that's a bot account.
Too Old To Die Young

Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.

Feb 14, 4:42 PM

Keep watching at a decent pace for a long time and you'll eventually get there too. It's not as though he watched that many last week; he could have just been watching anime his whole life.

It's one of my personal goals to watch every available anime, good or bad, so I'd like to think I will surpass his current numbers at some point (although unless he slows down or stops watching, it would be virtually impossible to surpass him in general). I get enjoyment from consuming anime period, and I don't ONLY have to watch the best of the best to feel like my time was well-spent. Either way, as others have said, most people don't see this as a competition and don't feel pressure to "get on this guy's level." (Let's not even talk about the ones who have even more watched; this guy is nowhere near the top.)

I almost wouldn't mind having someone to compete with though (i.e. someone that actually competes back). Sounds like fun lol

Feb 14, 4:46 PM

I'm in no rush, to get as high as and higher than both "Pullman and _thiagobrisolla". It will happen eventually, if MAL stays alive until then.

Feb 14, 4:49 PM

Pullman said:

I mean that guy allegedly has 300 more days of anime watched than I have and 5 more years of being alive compared to me, so I'd say my game is not up to par.

Then again he has Doraemon set as 'completed', which to me is the ultimate sign of an account not being legitimate since only a fraction of the episodes of that show are even available on the internet. So I just assume that's a bot account.

Ah, you're right. I forgot about the "days watched" detail. Didn't notice the Doraemon thing either which, yeah, is kind of fishy.
Kind of makes me wanna comb through his list to search for "lost media" titles 'cause now i question his legitimacy.

Either way, @THE-Black-Mage wins. Holy shit, spacecowboy's stats are unreal! I wonder if he's actually got the longest Completed list in the whole site.

Feb 14, 4:51 PM

Maybe in a few years, but there's really no rush to watch as many anime as possible.

Feb 14, 4:52 PM

If i add that many anime to my list, my anime mean score probably will be below 1.00. As most of anime are trash... -__-

Nowadays, I already watch over 1,000 anime but i don't add most of them to my list, so that i don't lower my mean score more..
Modified by lswarmruler, Feb 14, 4:58 PM
Try read Spy x Family manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...

Feb 14, 4:56 PM

Nah, I'd like to keep my sanity for a few more years, thanks.

Feb 14, 4:58 PM

Probably not.

I am sort of jealous that he can enjoy everything he watches (8.9 mean score with 5000+ anime what).

Feb 14, 5:04 PM

This is like competing with a robot on a eating contest.

Feb 14, 5:08 PM

I've watching anime for years, even before I joined MAL back in 2013. Even after all that time and all movies, sequels, ovas and specials I'm still only sitting at 859 completed. These days I only watch 10 to 12 anime at a time and only watch episodes once or twice a week. Yeah there's no fucking way I'm ever catching up to that. I'm not even sure I could find that many anime I wanted to watch in the first place, and then to actually complete them all....

Feb 14, 5:15 PM

That is rookie numbers OP. You don't know about this guy? https://myanimelist.net/profile/spacecowboy

Feb 14, 5:31 PM
I've been lazy with adding things to my list online or, well, doing anything with my account, since I have a list in a text document on my computer from before I ever had an account and am used to just using that. Currently around a third of my completed items have been added to my list. Considering I've only been watching a few years, having watched only a handful last year because life, I'm actually rather surprised that there aren't people who've watched more.

Feb 14, 5:49 PM

There was a time when I tried reaching for the heavens, yearning to sit in the thrones of those who have conquered 500 days. Then I came across someone who had 1370 days. It was like one of those moments when you realized becoming an astronaut may not be your calling.

๐“ท๐“ช ๐“ด๐“ช๐”‚ ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ฐ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ด๐“ธ ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ซ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“พ๐“ซ๐“พ๐“ธ
๐“ท๐“ช ๐“ด๐“ช๐”‚ ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ฐ๐“ช๐“ต ๐“ด๐“ธ ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ฒ ๐“ผ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“พ๐“ด๐“ธ
๐“ซ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ช๐“ต๐“ฎ๐”€๐“ช๐“ต๐“ช ๐“ท๐“ฒ๐”‚๐“ช ๐“ช๐“ด๐“ธ ๐“ญ๐“ช๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ต ๐“ผ๐“ช'๐”‚๐“ธ

Feb 14, 5:52 PM

@thiagobrisolla just calling you here so you know a whole topic is being made about you

Feb 14, 6:19 PM

not particularly wanting to. I'm not a big anime fan and there is only a handful that I enjoy. I'm more of a fan of western cartoons than anime.

Feb 14, 6:48 PM
Fuzzylumpkins said:
not particularly wanting to. I'm not a big anime fan and there is only a handful that I enjoy. I'm more of a fan of western cartoons than anime.
Then why are you here?......on MyANIMElist
FUCK THE CHARACTER COUNT CHECK!

Feb 14, 7:11 PM

Wow. That's a lot. Like it's been said above, I don't plan to watch anime for the sake of adding the numbers to my list but I will say that as someone who's relatively new to anime I would like to watch enough so that I can understand half of what everyone's talking about on here.

The main thing I got from this is that, 5,500 watched anime and One Piece is their favourite - sounds like I should give One Piece a try...

Feb 14, 7:28 PM

Lanblade is probably the biggest legit list here. Almost 10000 completed regular anime and more than 1000 hentai in his secondary account.

Feb 14, 7:28 PM

No, probably not.

I maintain a separate barebones list off-site from MAL in a rudimentary Notepad file I keep for listing many things, and in it I only count full series I have watched. So not counting subsequent seasons of the same show, films, specials, OVAs (unless the series itself is entirely an OVA rather than the OVA serving as supplementary content to a TV series), etc. as separate entries. I also do basically the same thing with my AnimePlanet account. Well, the current tally is only at 56, and I'm most actively watching my 57 and 58th shows currently.

And of those, as I approach 60, I can only say I really loved about half (25 - 30). The others range from an enjoyable watch and respect for the craft to outright dislike (fortunately a minority), but what the experience taken as a whole up until now has taught me is that I don't think there will necessarily prove hundreds, let alone thousands of series which I can throw myself into, imbibe their nectar, and drown in with the same fervent passion and fanaticism. And maybe that's okay. Maybe that's why a designation such as "favorites" exist, and if I was getting as much out of each series equally in a way that would lead me to pursue realization of the highest number possible above all else, then I wouldn't have time for anything else.

And in addition to other interests and hobbies, just in terms of media consumption, I still watch a lot of live action films - some Japanese, some American, and a lot from other nationalities, as well as cartoons (Western animation).

Feb 14, 7:36 PM

I rather not. There's only so much anime I can consume before I get tired of it.
Arknights is ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Feb 14, 7:42 PM

Probably not. I don't want too waste too much time on anime. I would but not on an extreme level.

Allow me to teach you something useful:
My Top 20 Japanese Cartoons
To those who are upset about KnY winning AOTY
Many people say that anime is not a cartoon.
But in the end, they're nothing more but drawings on paper.

Feb 14, 7:47 PM

Absolutely not. I don't even know if I'll make it to 300, and that's fine.

WatchTillTandava said:
No, probably not.

I maintain a separate barebones list off-site from MAL in a rudimentary Notepad file I keep for listing many things, and in it I only count full series I have watched. So not counting subsequent seasons of the same show, films, specials, OVAs (unless the series itself is entirely an OVA rather than the OVA serving as supplementary content to a TV series), etc. as separate entries. I also do basically the same thing with my AnimePlanet account. Well, the current tally is only at 56, and I'm most actively watching my 57 and 58th shows currently.

I do the same thing, but with MAL tags. So I know I've watched 93 individual TV shows and that almost half of them were an unremarkable experience. I think that's the better way to track how many anime you've seen.
Modified by haunted, Feb 14, 7:56 PM

Feb 14, 7:49 PM
horridhendy said:
Wow. That's a lot. Like it's been said above, I don't plan to watch anime for the sake of adding the numbers to my list but I will say that as someone who's relatively new to anime I would like to watch enough so that I can understand half of what everyone's talking about on here.

The main thing I got from this is that, 5,500 watched anime and One Piece is their favourite - sounds like I should give One Piece a try...

Ill let you know that the quality gap between the OP manga and anime is huuge. You are probably tired of hearing "but the manga is so much better" all the time but it really is true in this case. The OP anime has horrid pacing, mediocre animation and its definitely aimed at a younger audience. The manga on the other hand is very nicely paced and much more enjoyable. I do not recommend the OP anime. Enjoy!!

Feb 14, 8:10 PM
Probably never! He is just way too OP!
BDSM = BUDDHISM

Feb 14, 8:12 PM

Watching that much anime??? bruh..... I may be a weeb but I don't want to die from the amount of trash I would have to watch to reach his levels !

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:

Feb 14, 8:22 PM

Will someone give me a trophy if I did so?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.

Feb 14, 8:37 PM

Contact me in 15 years' time, and you'll see me probably top that.

In all seriousness though, that's some serious stat right there! I haven't really had a strong urge to reach for the heavens in this regard yet so maybe that's why I haven't made too much progress over the last 5.5 years or so.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 14, 9:05 PM

phantom346 said:
Fuzzylumpkins said:
Then why are you here?......on MyANIMElist

Because I still enjoy anime?? I still watch it lol

Feb 14, 9:12 PM
Tbh, nobody gives a shit about it exept for you..

Feb 14, 10:28 PM

TheNamelessGuy said:
Tbh, nobody gives a shit about it exept for you..

I'm pretty sure OP's comment is to be taken as satire and not literally..

Feb 14, 10:40 PM

No thanks, I'd like to actually enjoy the anime I watch.

Feb 14, 11:10 PM

I calculated that were I to sacrifice all other activities in favour of anime (not reading manga included), I'd have reached 3000 series and 800 days the most, assuming I started watching in late-90s when you could download lq anime and watch majority of TV and VHS anime.

Were I to "cheat" though, eg including series with dropped 2-3 episodes as complete, fast-forwarding and skipping things I didn't like and watching anything random, then it could catapult indeed to 6000 anime and over 1500 days.

But my watching habit has a slow pace, I want to pay attention and remember the series, just like with manga, so I can't watch at a faster pace at the expense of the watching experience and representative ratings

Feb 14, 11:15 PM

Pfff that's nothing. If I keep up with the watching pace I'm currently in I'll reach 5000 completed anime at the age of 80.

Feb 14, 11:34 PM
Pullman said:
Stygian_Prisoner said:

Tbf even I have Doraemon as completed though I surely didn't watch all of it. I mean, it ain't legitimate to call it 'completed' but I did watch a lot of it and don't feel like putting it on hold or watching or dropped. This dude probably did something similar. Also, I can't see why such a bot account would even exist.

Yesterday, 12:19 AM

The no-dop policy and "born in 1985" probably helped a bit

Yesterday, 12:27 AM

He's got about 200 on his currently watching list (many of which are hentai). Nobody can possibly keep mental track of that many shows simultaneously.

Yesterday, 12:28 AM

Well, if he's a fan of anime, he's gonna watch a lot of them. Nothing weird here.
My youtube channel about music and anime :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_rrNoYApg1VQ-PIT7jZ37Q

Yesterday, 12:47 AM
And my friends call ME a crazy weeb.

Seriously, This guy has more seen more Anime than Willy Wonka has invented candy.

Yesterday, 12:50 AM

Klad said:
That is rookie numbers OP. You don't know about this guy? https://myanimelist.net/profile/spacecowboy

And on top of that he acquired them legally. what a nice gentleman.

Yesterday, 1:14 AM
Whatever

Pullman said:
Stygian_Prisoner said:

That doesn't tell you anything. I set the Pokemon seasons at completed as well, although I have seen like half of every season and don't bother with the rest anymore. I neither want to have them in my watching-list forever nor dropping them.

Yesterday, 1:22 AM
You can easily watch 5000 anime....just watch all the movies, music videos, short anime, OVA, ONA, specials. But because my favourite anime are long running shounen series to complete 5000 would be very difficult for me because I watch anime like one piece, bleach, naruto, dragonball series, pokemon, black clover, hitman reborn, etc.... all have over 100 episodes. You could watch 100 movies instead of watching 100 episodes but numbers don't mean anything
~AnimeDownUnder~

Pages (2) [1] 2 »