Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
In/Spectre
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 2, 2020 6:37 PM
Aug 2019
The Yokai are all so cute and creative in this show!
Feb 2, 2020 7:59 PM

Jan 2020
I had a hunch that Nanase probably a Tulpa
Feb 2, 2020 8:24 PM

Jun 2015
Kotoko troll of the year. I simply loved how natural her character is. I also have to give props to Saki's design. I mean, really. While everything now is all about big eyes and puffy cheeks, Saki really gives a young adult's beauty vibe out of her.
Feb 2, 2020 11:18 PM

Feb 2015
Saki’s story made me think that somehow, Nanase is not something dead, but alive, like, if the girl faked her death and now appear like that, but her property to scare out youkais wouldn’t have sense. And Kurou appeared. The source of Nanase is the painting then, not Nanase’s death.
Feb 3, 2020 1:07 AM

Feb 2014
Kotoko. Calm, cute and smart. However, above all else, she's one massive troll, and for that reason, I already love her! XD

I found the dialogue banter between Kotoko and Saki to be informative, but also damn entertaining. Kotoko, bless her, insists that she's dating Kuro, but her pictures of evidence clearly shows that she's just delusional and in denial. Still, seeing her trying to make her point was cute, though. =3

Saki did surprise me with her response after all of the banter and talking about Nanase by saying "I don't think a priestess can be deflowered..." That also made me burst out laughing.

Both Saki and Kotoko part ways for the time being, but it's good to see them trying to get closer to finding out on how to deal with Nanase. Whether she's actually dead or alive and also the mention about her sister was intriguing. Kotoko knows that she needs the help of Saki for this if she's going to make any progress in taking down Saki, but by her surprise, Kuro appears to be fighting her, but I don't think he can win this fight without some help.

Still, at least this'll set up an interesting reunion between Kuro and Saki. That's something I'm definitely looking forward to, especially if Kotoko goes into troll mode again! =D

Great episode overall and Saki's tank-top/small shorts casual outfit is smoking hot. =3
Feb 3, 2020 3:02 AM
Apr 2014
Dadangdut33 said:
I wonder what is the origin of that giant skeleton

I was wondering why that expression sounds familiar , but now I remember.

Even their personalities are similar.
Feb 3, 2020 4:55 AM
Mar 2019
cool episode once again from In/Spectre.

liked the idea of having two female characters who have both loved the same guy. Creates an interesting dynamic.

I find it funny how it's jumped two years and Kurou-san and Kotoko-chan haven't become a real couple yet, or even started to become friendly to each other.

Steel Lady Nanase's opening is unironically better than some anime airing right now.

I think it's possible that Nanase faked her death somehow to get away from the press, as she didn't have an identifiable body, only the ID on the body made them connect it to her (and the appearance of course).

looking forward to next week!
J891319Feb 3, 2020 5:27 AM
Feb 3, 2020 4:57 AM
Mar 2019
Mayuka said:
This show is actually interesting. It's mystery but not too confusing like Pet and ID Invaded. It's like the perfect blend of hiding information from the viewer and showing it so we are never in a state where we're like "???"

yeah,
I would agree. It's a mystery with a more light hearted tone and an amusing, quirky atmosphere.
Feb 3, 2020 5:02 AM
Mar 2019
Meta_Yoshi said:
Kotoko. Calm, cute and smart. However, above all else, she's one massive troll, and for that reason, I already love her! XD

I found the dialogue banter between Kotoko and Saki to be informative, but also damn entertaining. Kotoko, bless her, insists that she's dating Kuro, but her pictures of evidence clearly shows that she's just delusional and in denial. Still, seeing her trying to make her point was cute, though. =3

Saki did surprise me with her response after all of the banter and talking about Nanase by saying "I don't think a priestess can be deflowered..." That also made me burst out laughing.

Both Saki and Kotoko part ways for the time being, but it's good to see them trying to get closer to finding out on how to deal with Nanase. Whether she's actually dead or alive and also the mention about her sister was intriguing. Kotoko knows that she needs the help of Saki for this if she's going to make any progress in taking down Saki, but by her surprise, Kuro appears to be fighting her, but I don't think he can win this fight without some help.

Still, at least this'll set up an interesting reunion between Kuro and Saki. That's something I'm definitely looking forward to, especially if Kotoko goes into troll mode again! =D

Great episode overall and Saki's tank-top/small shorts casual outfit is smoking hot. =3

Kotoko is definitely a contender for best girl of this season.
Feb 3, 2020 5:07 AM
Mar 2019
WHAT IN TARNATION DIED TO CREATE THAT SKELETON?!!?!?
Feb 3, 2020 6:30 AM

May 2009
J891319 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gashadokuro
Feb 3, 2020 8:21 AM

Jan 2016
Finally got a chance to watch this today, and I'm pretty content with what happened. This episode actually contains the entirety of Chapter 3 of the manga, and around the first third of the 4th chapter.

Also, I've seen some of the theories in this thread, and they're kinda interesting, and that kind of thinking is good. If I remember correctly, they'll be going through different theories in order to stop Steel Beam Nanase, and they're gonna ask a lot of questions.

Pretty excited for the next episode. Looks like they'll finally explain both what Steel Beam Nanase is and what Kuro has become? Or maybe they'll explain the latter in a future episode.
Feb 3, 2020 8:44 AM

Jul 2012
Atlas77 said:
Saki’s story made me think that somehow, Nanase is not something dead, but alive, like, if the girl faked her death and now appear like that, but her property to scare out youkais wouldn’t have sense. And Kurou appeared. The source of Nanase is the painting then, not Nanase’s death.
That's what I had in mind as well. Nanase's body was never confirmed, only her belongings. I have watched too many mystery anime where it's pretty obvious when someone isn't actually dead lol.
Feb 3, 2020 3:16 PM
Mar 2019
bastek66 said:
J891319 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gashadokuro

that makes sense. thanks
Feb 3, 2020 9:20 PM

Jul 2015
Kotoko and her troll faces lmao

Saki is beautiful

We got another interesting mystery now. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Kurou' s abilities.
Feb 4, 2020 12:30 AM

May 2019
I love the dynamics shown between the characters in this show. It seems to be focussing on the nuances within their overlapping arcs.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 4, 2020 6:35 AM

Feb 2019
This was the kind of episode that would have probably been just fine if the torrent of exposition had all come organically, particularly if it had come from the result of going around, talking to people and investigating like an actual procedural. It did none of those things. Hell, I'm not sure Saki or Kotoko even left their chairs once the flashback exposition dump began and consumed the remaining two thirds of the episode.

It's a shame too because the back and forth between them at the start wasn't bad. Saki plays a much better straight man in just plain not putting up with Kotoko's smarmy snark than most anime characters do. But that's abandoned a third of the way into the episode and all the pertinent information is beamed directly into their heads from the internet, which is then conveyed in ten straight minutes of infodump, made more egregious by literally stumbling over the boyfriend fighting the boob ghost at the end of the episode. All that infodumping wasn't even leading them to finding it or the like.
Feb 4, 2020 2:31 PM
Aug 2018
RayReynolds said:
This was the kind of episode that would have probably been just fine if the torrent of exposition had all come organically, particularly if it had come from the result of going around, talking to people and investigating like an actual procedural. It did none of those things. Hell, I'm not sure Saki or Kotoko even left their chairs once the flashback exposition dump began and consumed the remaining two thirds of the episode.

It's a shame too because the back and forth between them at the start wasn't bad. Saki plays a much better straight man in just plain not putting up with Kotoko's smarmy snark than most anime characters do. But that's abandoned a third of the way into the episode and all the pertinent information is beamed directly into their heads from the internet, which is then conveyed in ten straight minutes of infodump, made more egregious by literally stumbling over the boyfriend fighting the boob ghost at the end of the episode. All that infodumping wasn't even leading them to finding it or the like.

Oh trust me. All that info is very critical
Feb 4, 2020 9:08 PM

Oct 2008
Nice episode and the website and Twitter was also a pleasant surprise! feeling like real especially the website!

Feb 5, 2020 1:59 AM

May 2009
Shame they skipped this
Feb 5, 2020 4:58 AM
Aug 2018
bastek66 said:
Shame they skipped this

O god, I completely forgot about that
Feb 5, 2020 4:09 PM

Jun 2015
This is shaping up to be one of my fav shows this season
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 5, 2020 8:16 PM

Jul 2016
So... are you telling me that after 2 years, Kotoko and Kurou remained the same? Welp, that's a disappointment :/ At least, tell me the "deflowered" comment wasn't just one of Kotoko's wild fantasies.

Another intriguing episode. Nanase's case seems quite interesting to follow and the scenes with Kotoko teasing Saki over and over again were too great. Looking forward to seeing what Kurou can bring in term of interactions to this already entertaining duo of ladies.

P.S.: Kotoko's interactions with the child spirit made me laugh until I noticed the dark implications -.-'
Feb 6, 2020 10:50 AM
Apr 2019
The interactions between Kotoko and Saki are great. And the plot is getting really interesting after a kinda bland start.

The police could only identify the idol's dead by the objects found around the corpse. This along with the fact that the ghost has her face erased casts doubts upon Nanase's dead, the corpse could be someone's else and she could be still alive. As for Steel Lady Nanase, it seems acceptable to think it's a ghost, since I can't imagine a human being capable of handling such a heavy beam.

Kuro is back, fighting Lady Steel Nanase, seems he has wasted no time during his absence. Looking forward to see his reaction on seeing his two girls together.
Feb 6, 2020 10:56 PM
Jan 2018
I really like this show. Wondering why it has such a low score
Feb 7, 2020 4:53 AM
Aug 2018
_shahriar_shiham said:

Because of opinions. Not everyone likes anime with long dialogue nor do they like love triangles and etc. it’s all based on preferences which is annoying because In/Spectre is really good :(
Feb 7, 2020 5:13 AM
Nov 2019
Really enjoying this after dropping Pet and ID due to them not being engaging enough - gives the grey-matter a bit of a workout but with a sprinkling of humor.

Interaction between Kotoko and Saki are priceless - not to trope.
Feb 8, 2020 1:08 AM
Jan 2018
ZKisara said:
_shahriar_shiham said:

Because of opinions. Not everyone likes anime with long dialogue nor do they like love triangles and etc. it’s all based on preferences which is annoying because In/Spectre is really good :(
People liked Hyoka and Monogatari
Feb 8, 2020 3:58 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
_shahriar_shiham said:

An anime with a score of 7.5 is not low, especially if the score ranges from 1-10 . Now I can understand if the score was a 4 or below, but if we are using MAL scoring standards a score of 7 is actually pretty good or above average.
Feb 8, 2020 11:33 AM

Jul 2008
Kotoko and Saki are absolute gold.
Feb 9, 2020 1:08 PM

Oct 2018
Swagernator said:
Where do you even get a skeleton that big.

You are jelly of her ride.
Feb 10, 2020 11:41 AM

Dec 2016
Kotoko sure likes to tease Kurou's ex. girlfriend XD What a troll!

Nanase is a big mystery and her case seems to have intensified during this episode. She's very terrifying! Hope to see her case solved.

Great episode! And Kurou finally appeared and already fighting the idol... interresting.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Feb 11, 2020 1:11 AM

Oct 2017
"I don't think a miko can be deflowered..." ~ Saki san.

Saki and Kotoko were really amusing together. They have a similar way of deduction too. Nanase was hot, a shame that such a beauty died. Thou I think maybe she's actually alive and it's her sister that died.
Feb 14, 2020 3:10 AM

Aug 2017
We know more about Steel Lady Nanase past and I found Kotoko funny in this episode like always. Kuro appears at the end, weird, cuz I thought he wasn't going to appear in this arc.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 14, 2020 8:27 AM

Jul 2016
The only thing I don't get is why we had that timeskip? I hope it has some impact but for now makes 0 difference.
Feb 14, 2020 3:28 PM

Feb 2018
Sad big oppai idol xD.
Feb 18, 2020 5:12 AM

Jan 2016
good episode. But what about that skeleton? Is it visible and if so why did nobody see it, and if it's invisible to the human eye, did everyone see Kotoko floating in the air?
Feb 20, 2020 6:12 PM

Oct 2018
kuro's ex fiance is hoooooooooooooooooooot
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Feb 21, 2020 7:31 PM
Mar 2017
Interesting episode, I laughed a lot with Kotoko and Saki, especially when Kotoko teased Saki with being Kuro's new girlfriend.
It was hard to see how Saki distrusted Kotoko, especially when Kotoko called herself her ex-boyfriend's girlfriend, but for poor Kotoko the evidence only proved right to Saki, damn Kuro how can he be so unhappy having someone as adorable and loving as Kotoko, his face literally showed that every day is an agony with Kotoko.

Kotoko's face when Saki asked her where Kuro was was too adorable and every time she gave Saki ambiguous answers Kotoko's face was more fun to watch. Obviously Saki took advantage of this and hurt poor Kotoko by rubbing in her face how good Kuro was with her compared to Kotoko.
I quite liked the way Kotoko moved around the city, with the help of a Gashadokuro.

Leaving comedy aside, the episode gave us a lot of information about who the steel lady Nanase was in life, or how she was known before the idol Karin Nanase who was a young woman who stood out more than anything for her charisma and her huge breasts, but despite this, she was a little known idol and to make matters worse, she was involved in a scandal which gradually led to her premature death, which was quite grotesque and also explains why the appearance of The lady of steel has no face.

Both Saki and Kotoko do their research on Karin Nanase, but for Kotoko it is still strange that what the lady of steel really is, since she does not show personality and but does frighten every spirit or yokai that crosses her path, very frustrated Kotoko admits that she will have to ask Saki for help.

Kotoko is too naughty, she loves to scare Saki and I found the image of when Saki deduced that the little yokai was sent by Kotoko too adorable, but this naughty does not stop and Kotoko prepares the spirit of a child to indicate Saki where she will be, Kotoko's face when she leaves was pure gold.
Look who decides to appear, it seems that Kuro will have a tough fight with the steel lady Nanase in the next episode.
Feb 25, 2020 2:13 AM

Jul 2009
Lmao when Kotoko told the ghost kid to give Saki a surprise. This girl is a massive troll. Her giant skeleton ride is also banging.

I'm not fully sold on the story so far, but the entertaining cast makes up for it. Seriously one of the best character interactions I've seen in a long time. A great mix of humor, drama, and exposition.
Feb 27, 2020 4:24 PM

Nov 2016
I love Steel Lady Nanase or Karin, she got nothing on Saki in terms of hotness, tho.

Also lol @Koto trollface.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 4, 2020 9:36 PM

Oct 2017
Love Kotoko trolling the crap out of Saki. Also love her smug expressions.
Mar 21, 2020 5:38 PM
Feb 2018
That giant is a easy way for her get around but wouldn't normal people see a girl floating 20ft in the air?
Apr 8, 2020 3:57 PM

Apr 2016
Lmao Kuro's face in all those photos

"Unfortunate accident" my ass. There's not a soul in the world that would die from falling down a small flight of stairs. Lol @ the Nanase Karin song.
May 4, 2020 8:46 AM

Jul 2015
I think the sister has something to do with the steel lady, or perhaps it was all a fabrication of what people wanted from her ghost which caused her to become real

I really like the comedic Interaction between Saki and Kotoko, it really shines considering most of this episode is in a more serious tone

May 10, 2020 1:12 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Get more serious tone again for these episodes one, comparing how comedic essence got blown up in previous sample. The mystery of the cases, at last reveal one by one by itself. At last, kurou reveal his self with more questionable attempt. Still love with the interaction to Kotoko and Saki at every scenes showed in these arc of queen of steel Nanase. Lets see the conclusion of this arc in the next episode....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 3, 2020 9:19 AM
Jul 2018
The episode was fun, yet haunting. Love how Kotoko tease saki so much
Oct 21, 2020 10:20 AM

Oct 2010
and I thought myne was a bitch, this saki takes the no1 biggest bitch spot, what a disgusting woman, kotoko best girl
the episode was ok too
Jun 3, 2021 12:47 PM
May 2020
kuro making a surprise appearance in the final mments of this ep ahlie
Aug 11, 2022 10:40 AM

Aug 2018
Hm.. So time skip, I guess?.. If Kotoko doesn't lie, she tells she's 19 now, and she was 17 before..
lol at Kuro's photos.. Why man hangs out with her, if he's depressed all the time like that?.. Well, maybe it's just show's joke..
Well.. At least Saki had enough courage to admit that Kotoko indeed loves Kuro and stays with him.. Though, it is love in her eyes.. As Saki couldn't get through her fear.. But I still think it's more truth than not.. That Kotoko loves Kuro..
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2020

155 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 29, 2020

70 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

66 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2020

88 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 10, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Kyokou Suiri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2020

110 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 6, 5:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.