Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2019 7:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So it was the last episode... Null is finally going to school lol, it was heartwarming to see Null with the real Peta but so sad to see Null in wheelchair at the beginning.
I feel like this anime is underrated, it was good and deeper than I first thought.
Dec 20, 2019 8:03 AM

Aug 2012
I like those Peta chibis. It was really nice seeing how Peta has cared for Null when she was in a coma.
Dec 20, 2019 8:15 AM

Oct 2017
Now this was a really sweet short anime. Glad to see Null and Peta happy together. The chibi petas were cute and lol some things never change even in the real world, Peta's still horrible at cooking.

Ashhk said:

I feel like this anime is underrated, it was good and deeper than I first thought.

Same here, this turned out to be so much better than I thought at the begining.
Dec 20, 2019 8:16 AM

Aug 2013
Yeah, this seems like the final episode.

Ah, those little Petas.

Dec 20, 2019 8:26 AM

Jul 2017
Final episode it seems.

All those little chibi Peta are adorable though.

Peta caring for Null in human form was a sweet touch, although...THAT DEMONIC FRIED RICE still doesn't change.

Wonderful short series that honestly isn't known enough.
Dec 20, 2019 8:48 AM

Jun 2016
The simulation stuff was real after all! The hologram glitching out and everything was legitimate and maybe the “bugs” were literal bugs eating away at the programming. Peta made the virtual world for Null and as a way to communicate with her, it appears she was the robot all along. Those memories were as real as any! It does leads to some questions such as why it started to glitch out and why they had to deal with the bugs. Why Peta would have disappeared or why Null would see flowers where she was hit. I’m sure some of these could be answered as Peta trying to help Null recover from the inside. A big question is who the snow cone girl was! Everyone in the series was purposefully made to be silhouettes, as soon as Null woke up I got eager to see if the designs would have changed and seeing the students was one of my favorite moments of the series. But, even in the virtual world snow cone girl looked as real as Null. Maybe she was another living person communicating through the virtual space. Maybe she was simply programmed to be more human than the others, potentially as a way for Null to deal with her anxiety. I’ve heard that there may be an OVA episode and I think it could touch on her if so.

We ended happy, Null, especially nearing the end, grew as a person and got stronger due to her experiences and when she woke up her loving sister had a big celebration for her. Peta may still make Null eat fried rice but she also sent along little Peta-bots to make her life easier at school!!! Flying her away showcased that this world is about as crazy as the virtual one sometimes too. With the talk about Descartes and doubting your reality, I got a bit worried we may get another twist end such as “this world may be fake too!” but it didn’t seem to go that way.

Anyways, this was a cool series. I liked the art and the directions it took, it got me pretty emotional a few times too. I suppose through its craziness and moe it tapped into some heartfelt emotions of loss, anxiety, and love. Peta looking after Null in the bath, Null monologuing in space or refusing to delete Peta’s memories, Null befriending snow cone girl in a brief but meaningful moment, Null trying to do what she was told to magically bring her sister back, and too many moments to mention. The whole coma thing gives this more rewatch value too! Although truthfully, I think I would have preferred to go another direction with the twist, it takes the air out of some of the ideas for me, ending a little too quick and sweet. That said, this was an excellent choice for a 5 minute anime, fit the format great.

I'm thinking a 5 or 6/10. I hope I can find the OST somewhere, I loved one of the songs.

Edit: NearlyonRed's analysis of Null Peta basically gave me all the answers that I would have wanted from a rewatch. It went with the theories of mine but expanded them, viewing the incidents of the simulation as lessons to heal Null and wake her up. A big one is that by sending Null to space you can see Peta as setting her up to face true isolation. She understands how it feels and ultimately decides that she values real shared experience over the convenience of a robot. In this sense, despite me being slightly jaded over over losing the ideas of AI, it gives a brand new lens which actually makes the rewatch so much more powerful. I agree with the theory that the bugs were created so that Null would enter the school herself and get over that hurdle. Peta stopping the truck that bugs create can be seen as her progressing Null's mental state and then disappearing can be the final urge to have Null realize the situation and choose to wake up. That is, if you believe the bugs were manufactured rather than genuine.
gfsdfgsdgsdfgsDec 29, 2019 3:52 PM
Dec 20, 2019 9:17 AM

Dec 2018
Peta have really cared for her sister! It was so heartwarming last episode! And love to see them sleeping together!!

Finally Null went to school!!And anime!! No!! Its NOT bride and groom!!Its bride and bride!!Or brides you asshole!!! But Null hit the stupid thing when it said it. Proving that she wants to marry a girl in the future!! And are my precious lesbian angel!!

All the girls in the class seem to be very interested in Null blushing and being very close to her!! Awwwwww they like you honey!! It was so cute!!!You can practice some lesbian kissing with them on the breaks!!,,YEEES!!

In the end all was good! The sisters are together again!! I fucking love it!! Only pure lesbians can get full points on my list!! And I consider all the female in this as such!! So I give this anime 10/10

Yuri-CrusaderDec 20, 2019 11:16 AM
Dec 20, 2019 1:02 PM

Oct 2010
predictable but not awful.
Dec 20, 2019 2:30 PM
May 2016
For such a short show this turned out to be really enjoyable.
Dec 20, 2019 2:45 PM

Mar 2019
heartwarming, great characters, story with a lot of different feeling. For such a short show, very good! Glad to see they are all fine!
Dec 20, 2019 3:49 PM

Mar 2013
Can't believe I was basically spot on about Null being the one hit by truck-kun and the virtual world actually being created by Peta to keep Null in.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Dec 20, 2019 7:29 PM

May 2018
Well, what I first thought was a short comedy show suddenly gained some serious elements and a plot, and now it ends with this episode.
So it seems Peta was the gadgeeter genius after all, who built the virtual world and robots!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Dec 21, 2019 6:03 AM

Dec 2013
Shame we never got to know who was the shaved ice girl, a really enjoyable short anime.
Dec 21, 2019 11:11 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
The end, i guess? Status is “Finished Airing” but episode count is still “Unknown”, so who knows? 😅
In any event, a happy & tidy wrap-up to a series that proved to have more depth than expected 😁
Would have been nice to have another appearance of Takaki and her cute Okayama accent tho 😉
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Dec 21, 2019 7:54 PM

Jan 2011
So that shaved ice girl was in the OP, but only shows up for one ep.
Dec 22, 2019 6:33 AM

Dec 2016
KanameYuuki said:
Shame we never got to know who was the shaved ice girl, a really enjoyable short anime.

same, I was hoped she was her (only) friend or something like that.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 22, 2019 8:51 AM
May 2013
Episode ended.... but MAL haven’t given correct episode, as it stuck at 0. 🤔
Have Great Day =)
Animekid3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 22, 2019 2:04 PM

Oct 2008
All's well that ends well!
Peta should better be strict to Null because she might get into an accident again...
5/5.
7/10.

Dec 23, 2019 5:38 PM
Dec 2018
I'm so glad I kept going with this show! I thought about dropping it in episode 5 or 6, but it's a 5 min anime, like "meh, whatever, let's watch it".
And the plot twist at 11th episode got me completely uncovered, it amazed me.
It's a very silly show, but it has a very deep and beautiful ending.
Dec 24, 2019 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
Some stuff are still confusing.. and they still did not tell us who the shaved ice girl was.. i hope they tell us in the OVA.. or at least give us some hints
Dec 25, 2019 9:58 PM

Jul 2016
So the virtual simulation theory was also correct, uh? Good to know I was half correct about something here.

OK short series overall. The plot twist was indeed a nice addition but honestly, I never felt truly interested in the plot nor the characters.

5/10
Dec 29, 2019 7:40 AM

Oct 2007
Better than expected. Glad that Null was able to recover.

I would have bought some product from this anime, but unfortunately Azur Lane already consumed anime funds. ><

8/10
Dec 29, 2019 10:25 AM

Feb 2019
Damn, null sure loved eating all that fried rice.

It was really nice and heartwarming to see null and peta-nee rocking again.

Peta-nee for the best character of this season. She is just too entertaining.
Dec 31, 2019 2:55 PM

Feb 2018
That was a nice series, the ideas in the show were very good and execution alright, although I think it also would've worked well as a movie. I was kind of wishing that the girl from episode 6 would show up at the end, but I guess she might've just been a figment of Null's imagination. I think this series deserves more of a score in the low 7s, but it is nice to see it getting appreciated by those who saw it. Overall a very enjoyable watch and I'm glad I took a chance on it.
Jan 1, 2020 10:36 AM
Jun 2012
fleurmorbide said:
Some stuff are still confusing.. and they still did not tell us who the shaved ice girl was.. i hope they tell us in the OVA.. or at least give us some hints

In one of the episodes we saw that the fluffy thing on Peta was a clothing and it would come off right? So maybe that shaved ice girl was her sister again in another form? This is just a guess.
Jan 1, 2020 10:13 PM

May 2018
So, Null is actually the dying one because of the traffic accident. It also reveals that Peta is actually the smart one, she built that virtual world for her sister. Best sister there !

It's all unexpected. What a twist in the end. For a short anime, this is awesome.

Final score : 8/10

Edit: ahh, I forgot about the ice shave girl. Wonder who she is. I even double check the students on Null's class, no one resembles her.
Jan 10, 2020 4:38 PM

Mar 2014
Wtf kinda lame ass plot twist was that? It just makes the other episodes even worse
Jan 13, 2020 12:23 PM

Apr 2012
Nieznajomy43 said:
KanameYuuki said:

same, I was hoped she was her (only) friend or something like that.
I was hoping it was one of her classmates or even better... her teacher.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 16, 2020 8:54 AM

Jan 2016
This episode and last episode were both really good.

It's so sweet to know that the entire world she was in was all made by her sister for her and not just a dream too,
this was a really good ending.

Didn't really like the rest of the show though LOL.
Mar 29, 2020 1:07 PM

Apr 2012
Best short I've seen in awhile (not counting Ekoda since it's more of an anthology than a show). Loved the humour, the characters, was surprisingly touching at times, with overall great animation.

Will recommend.
Apr 1, 2020 8:10 AM

Apr 2011
Never thought they hit us with a plot twist on the last few episodes. Glad that Null woke up from her Coma and that Peta is actually alive. That demonic food still exist thou. Heh

Its an okay little series.
May 10, 2020 7:20 AM

Oct 2016
This anime touched the deepest part of my heart. It is the most beautiful plot twist of an anime ever.

I read this theory, about your subconsciousness while you drop into a coma state, and how it affects whether you're going to live or die.

Peta did everything she can, from taking care of Null in the hospital to getting into her subconcsiousness to "wake her up". I'm kinda jealous with Null, for having such a caring big sister, but she is so cute so I don't mind.

This explains my confusions from few previous episodes:
Why the people in the beach glitched?
Why the school building glitched?
etc.

Thank god Null woke up and reunited with her sister Peta. And those cute little Peta robots, so adorable.

She learned how she should be a good girl from her experience inside her subconsciousness, thanks to her sister's help. Once again she tried going to school and thankfully she made new friends.

A sweet and beautiful anime.

Let's all be a good kid!!
Jan 21, 2021 4:41 AM

Mar 2020
flashholter said:
This anime touched the deepest part of my heart. It is the most beautiful plot twist of an anime ever.

I read this theory, about your subconsciousness while you drop into a coma state, and how it affects whether you're going to live or die.

Peta did everything she can, from taking care of Null in the hospital to getting into her subconcsiousness to "wake her up". I'm kinda jealous with Null, for having such a caring big sister, but she is so cute so I don't mind.

This explains my confusions from few previous episodes:
Why the people in the beach glitched?
Why the school building glitched?
etc.

Thank god Null woke up and reunited with her sister Peta. And those cute little Peta robots, so adorable.

She learned how she should be a good girl from her experience inside her subconsciousness, thanks to her sister's help. Once again she tried going to school and thankfully she made new friends.

A sweet and beautiful anime.

Let's all be a good kid!!

Yeah same. It totally hit my big sister complex, and other feels.

I also liked the foreshadowing in this show, like how the doctors in the flashback were talking about how the person hit by the truck was just elementary schooler(even tho we saw in code that Peta was 15) or how real Null is shy and stuttering girl so much different from a self confident scientist that makes her classmates jaws drop.

The animation was soo well done too.

I'm probably gonna rewatch it soon.
Feb 8, 2021 2:58 AM

Nov 2019
This show's message is atrocious: "Do everything your elders tell you to no matter how useless or actively harmful it may be or else get stuck alone in purgatory for eternity".

It's actively infuriating that Null's framed as 'the bad guy' despite not only putting up with Peta's overbearing selfishness, but still loving her anyway.
Mar 30, 2021 12:47 AM

Feb 2020
That was so heartwarming. This was surprisingly good and touching anime.

9/10

SerafosFeb 28, 2022 7:46 AM
Aug 24, 2021 8:22 AM

May 2020
Watching the first episode, you're met with a weird premise that, if you've watched enough anime, you'll probably have seen before. Nonetheless, this was a pretty cute show. It did feel a bit rushed at parts but it managed to do a fair bit of work in one hour that a lot of movies or TV shows struggle to do with 10 or 20 times that amount of time.
Mar 25, 2022 8:57 AM
Mar 2019
There is a beginning and an end, what more can you ask for.
This was a lot better than some of the short Anime's.
Definitely worth a look.
May 18, 2022 7:29 PM

Jan 2021
Average score of 6.40? Damn, people were hard on this. For a set of 5 minute shorts that finish at just under an hour it told a complete story with lots of variety, humor, and sadness. I've seen whole movies that didn't even come close to having as much of a coherent story as this. I thought this was really sweet. The animation was great and the characters were likable. I didn't go into this expecting much other than a silly comedy but it delivered a lot more.
Shrimp_TailMay 19, 2022 1:05 AM
Aug 18, 2022 6:32 PM

May 2009
TsuzukuHunter2nd said:
So, Null is actually the dying one because of the traffic accident. It also reveals that Peta is actually the smart one, she built that virtual world for her sister. Best sister there !

It's all unexpected. What a twist in the end. For a short anime, this is awesome.

Final score : 8/10

Edit: ahh, I forgot about the ice shave girl. Wonder who she is. I even double check the students on Null's class, no one resembles her.
See now I'm wondering whether Null only imagined that she was the genius and the only real part of that was her social anxiety.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Mar 26, 2023 1:03 AM

Sep 2018
What a great little series that was, did not expect such emotional depth, they played us pretty well in the beginning. Think this could be amazing as a full length series, though they would have had to be a little more nuanced about their hints. 8/10.
Mar 22, 6:17 PM
Feb 2020
i originally started watching this show when it began airing in 2019, but as always i failed to keep up with it as it aired and only ended up watching 2 episodes until this week
this show is so much better than i expected, the story and characters are amazing, this is very impressive for a show with 6 minute episodes

i do have a question about who that girl at the beach was
was she someone who visited null in the hospital? or is she not real at all?
i loved that character, her voice was amazing, i cant get over her voice, its unique yet nostalgic and relaxing, i want to see more of her

i havent looked into the source material at all (assuming there is one) but i think this show would have been better off with 12 minute episodes instead of 6 minute episodes

this is a great show, i love it, the only think stopping me from giving it a 9/10 is how short the episodes are so theres just less content to earn it that score
so im giving it an 8/10 but a high 8 out of 10

i cried multiple times watching this and im still feeling the emotions from it
but i think long term i will feel it deserves an 8/10
for now i think it will be one of the higher 8/10s in my overall rankings but it might go down a bit later

i recommend this show to everyone, i dont see any reason anyone would not enjoy it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Null Peta Episode 8 Discussion

Ashhk - Nov 22, 2019

24 by TitanInsane »»
Aug 24, 2021 7:48 AM

Poll: » Null Peta Episode 11 Discussion

Ashhk - Dec 13, 2019

37 by Serafos »»
Mar 30, 2021 12:35 AM

Poll: » Null Peta Episode 10 Discussion

Ashhk - Dec 6, 2019

20 by Serafos »»
Mar 30, 2021 12:25 AM

Poll: » Null Peta Episode 9 Discussion

Ashhk - Nov 29, 2019

12 by Serafos »»
Mar 30, 2021 12:16 AM

Poll: » Null Peta Episode 7 Discussion

Ashhk - Nov 15, 2019

19 by Serafos »»
Mar 29, 2021 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.