Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2019 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yeah, I can see why Sherlock is more determined than ever to solve this case. I guess it's becoming more personal now for him.

Episode is okay but honestly felt kinda depressing.
Dec 13, 2019 10:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A bit gloomy mood indeed, it was a fine episode though.
Dec 13, 2019 11:16 AM

Aug 2013
John Watson suspected Moriarty, not surprised to be honest.

Overall, a fine episode.

Dec 13, 2019 12:50 PM

Aug 2014
Is it weird I still believe she isn't really dead?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Dec 13, 2019 1:34 PM
Feb 2019
Well Im confused. Thought it was moriarty but maybe not, but at the same time why did he have a knife? Now im also thinking Kyogoku. Still have higher chances on Moriarty though. Also is this based off something or anime original?
Dec 13, 2019 2:00 PM
Aug 2017
Naewanz said:
Well Im confused. Thought it was moriarty but maybe not, but at the same time why did he have a knife? Now im also thinking Kyogoku. Still have higher chances on Moriarty though. Also is this based off something or anime original?
I believe it's anime original but it's also loosely based on Sherlock Holmes novels and stuff (if I remember rightly there was one where Jack the Ripper was in it but I could be wrong)
RPWPA said:

I don't think she's dead either I think Sherlock is just telling people that in case they're Jack to keep her safe
Anyways good episode so curious where this goes, also curious what will happen after these 12 episodes (seen as MAL has it listed for 24 so) so where will it go after Jack is revealed, we gonna get another over arching plot or will it just go to like a Monster of the Week style like it had already. Guess all we can really do is wait and see what happens
Dec 13, 2019 2:03 PM

Aug 2014
Jesse200000000 said:

RPWPA said:

I don't think she's dead either I think Sherlock is just telling people that in case they're Jack to keep her safe
Anyways good episode so curious where this goes, also curious what will happen after these 12 episodes (seen as MAL has it listed for 24 so) so where will it go after Jack is revealed, we gonna get another over arching plot or will it just go to like a Monster of the Week style like it had already. Guess all we can really do is wait and see what happens

I hope the idea with jack ends soon tbh. Ignoring the issue since episode 1 was annoying so getting it over with and moving on would be much better.

Dec 13, 2019 2:19 PM
Aug 2017
RPWPA said:
Jesse200000000 said:

I hope the idea with jack ends soon tbh. Ignoring the issue since episode 1 was annoying so getting it over with and moving on would be much better.

I'd say it will it feels like it's coming to a close in the next episode or two, plus would be a good ending to the first part of the series, buuut knowing Sherlock, Moriarty has a tendency to not stay caught/dead for long
Dec 13, 2019 3:23 PM

Jul 2014
RPWPA said:

I think so too and I can already picture a scene where John admits he has seen her "ghost" and they laugh at him because she's actually alive.
Dec 13, 2019 4:16 PM

Oct 2015
I still say this series is going to do an asspull about Irene. They will base it on to the fact of baiting the killer.

It's kinda obvious Moriarty wasn't the culprit all, along, it was just to pull our heads.

They kinda made this episode kinda of light, lacking any heavy blow to it.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 13, 2019 4:37 PM

Oct 2009
RPWPA said:

Same here. We only ever see her in flashbacks or the like, and we've never been shown her actual corpse. Plus Sherlock did go to the police building, I'd say visiting her. Probably arranged a protective custody for her or some such and Moriarty was helping him all along. Wouldn't be surprised.
Dec 13, 2019 8:21 PM

Mar 2016
When Watson confronted Moriarty, I was like "Is he a red herring?" Now, I am quite confused. Normally, I'd believe Kyogoku was Jack, but I also know Moriarty is always a villain, so I am considering the possibility of Kyougoku being manipulated.
Dec 13, 2019 8:42 PM

Sep 2017
This is getting weird. I really don't know who to trust rn. They are really harping on Irene being dead, but we haven't seen a body.
Dec 13, 2019 10:43 PM

Jul 2008
FuMomo-kun said:
When Watson confronted Moriarty, I was like "Is he a red herring?" Now, I am quite confused. Normally, I'd believe Kyogoku was Jack, but I also know Moriarty is always a villain, so I am considering the possibility of Kyougoku being manipulated.

For now, at least, I'm pretty sure Sherlock and Moriarty were playing Watson to make him act the way he did to get Kyougyoku to come forward.
As for who's the real Jack, I don't know. It does seem Kyougyoku is just obcessed with being the one who solves the case, rather than being the culprit himself.

Moriarty is always a villain, but he's a villain who doesn't get his own hands dirty, so imo, he might still be behind everything, it's just very unlikely that he actually is a murderer.
Dec 14, 2019 1:54 AM

Mar 2010
well say what? irene is really dead.. Rip the second best detective in this anime
Dec 14, 2019 2:39 AM

Jul 2017
Irene's case of "being slashed to death" just makes the case more dirty to all involved: Sherlock's friendship with her and the case as his own failure to decipher, Moriarty's sudden involvement in the case, and Watson's inability to crack the case surrounding Jack the Ripper and Moriarty, who knew where they temporarily stayed.

And of course, without the knowledge of who Jack is, and with Moriarty being highly suspect, the shadow of Irene's spirit comes to haunt him of the deadly truth (if that "truth" was ever correct). IMO if Moriarty was ever a murderer to begin with, he would be nothing more than a proxy/3rd party for someone to commit the murder so he could let the real culprit (Jack) escape with him being the scapegoat.

And with this convoluted plot, Watson has no choice ut to trust in the other detectives to help him crack this case. About Kyogoku though, more than his eccentric goal to track down Jack, all the well he could be Jack manipulated.
Dec 14, 2019 5:23 AM

Apr 2018
Irene's death is weird. The whole situation is weird.
Dec 14, 2019 5:57 AM

Nov 2019
RPWPA said:
Jesse200000000 said:

That case in ep1 isn't meant to be solved right away, it's there to show Jack has done that multiple times and nobody is able to catch him coz he's that good, they're not ignoring it, they just don't have enough clue, like Jack is our last boss ya know, if that got solved in the first episode then the show would've ended then and there
Dec 14, 2019 8:07 AM

Aug 2014
YggdraSEED said:
RPWPA said:

That case in ep1 isn't meant to be solved right away, it's there to show Jack has done that multiple times and nobody is able to catch him coz he's that good, they're not ignoring it, they just don't have enough clue, like Jack is our last boss ya know, if that got solved in the first episode then the show would've ended then and there

Yeah I get that but having 0 development for 10 episodes and ignoring the case constantly whenever the MC would talk about it is just annoying.

Dec 14, 2019 9:10 AM

Sep 2011
I don't know how to feel about Sherlock and Moriarty using Watson like that. I mean, I understand why they would fool him in order to fool the enemy though. He doesn't seem capable of acting and/or lying convincingly. And it's weird that he doubted Moriarty to the point of hallucinating, and what's the deal with Kyogoku suddenly going crazy for that USB? lol Well, it will soon become clear. At least Sherlock finally asked Watson about his case.
Dec 14, 2019 9:17 AM

May 2018
Ok, I would have love that Moriarty be the Jack The Ripper, but it turns out to be that neat freak Kyogoku
Dec 14, 2019 11:57 AM

Feb 2017
I don't understand why the score is this low. It's got a good plot and interesting characters. A LOT better than your average RPG or loli show.
Dec 14, 2019 12:31 PM
Mar 2018
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Ok, I would have love that Moriarty be the Jack The Ripper, but it turns out to be that neat freak Kyogoku

I think he (kyogoku) knows that maki is the culprit and since he is so into her he's probably just trying to take the USB away from the other detectives.
Dec 14, 2019 7:47 PM
Jan 2019
wait what? that was unexpected, well I been waiting for a plot twist so this anime never fail me, but for some reason, I felt something went wrong
Dec 14, 2019 8:45 PM

Jun 2013
I also still don't believe Irene is dead.

I'm guessing the chubby Maki is Jack. I just have a feeling. That's why Kyogoku is so desperate to be the one to "find" Jack because he loves her.
臭い-
Dec 15, 2019 6:36 AM
Dec 2019
I am liking this anime!!Too bad it is rated low,not that it matters really!!I am enjoying this anyways!!
Dec 15, 2019 7:33 AM
Jul 2018
Nice to see Mycroft again.
Dec 18, 2019 1:36 AM

Oct 2017
Well so Maki is jack the ripper or she is somehow related to him atleast.
Dec 19, 2019 2:27 PM
May 2013
here's my opinions

May 8, 2020 1:01 PM
Oct 2017
Worst episode yet imo, everything is just off the rails ridiculous.
Jan 16, 2021 1:23 PM

Jul 2015
I really feel bad for Watson, hallucinating and even thinking that the suspicious Moriarty is Jack while everyone just laughs at him. I kind got the feeling that Moriarty, Holmes and probably the still alive Irene just used Watson as bait to see who Jack is which feels like a shitty thing to do to him even if he is bad at lying.

Mar 13, 2021 10:47 AM

May 2020
And as I thought, Irene should be not dead and I hope it. Seems getting closer to Jack now. It's not Moriarty.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2020

54 by SenChen »»
Apr 14, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

59 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 15, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2019

27 by naturalbrawler »»
Jan 14, 11:39 AM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

39 by OneFaintingRobin »»
Mar 14, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Kabukichou Sherlock Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

34 by EratiK »»
Sep 4, 2022 3:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.