Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 20, 2019 1:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I will say that Sora has balls. I mean, he isn't afraid of guys bigger than him.

Kenji also showed a softer side of him when talking on the phone. Kinda interesting to see some of his past with his family.
Nov 20, 2019 3:15 AM
Sep 2015
If we get to see flashback of all people, there will be no more bad people, just misunderstood people.

Anyway, I just notice that the English name the author gave is Happy Go Ducky, I'm wondering why international license holder doesn't use this name. Remind me of how they change 'The Basketball Which Kuroko Plays' into 'Kuroko's Basketball'.
Nov 20, 2019 3:36 AM

Oct 2009
First off: that Madoka slap. Damn, girl, you've got balls.

The phonecall and the flashbacks.... Yeeeeeah, so not what I expected.

Also: 小さい兄ちゃん - oh gods, my heart :D too cute, especially with how happy they were for Sora when he actually took the ball.

And then the team comes around with those beat-up guys. That's some team spirit there.

Excited for next week's episode!
Nov 20, 2019 5:20 AM

Aug 2013
Kenji sure loves violence. It's clear that he didn't start the fight in the court.

Poor Chiaki. XD

Nov 20, 2019 5:21 AM

Jan 2017
So the bad boy has a soft side and a reason to play on the nationals. Great episode as always!
Nov 20, 2019 6:08 AM

Nov 2016
Great to see that the basketball team is acting more and more like a team now, even outside the court. That scene where Momoharu bowed down and apologized, unkthinkable just a couple of episodes ago.

Got also to learn more about Kenji and how his hopes were crushed. In a way he brought it upon himself, but it's still fucked up to take away such an opportunity that could've changed his behaviour more effectively.

Nice one on one at the end there and the entrance of everyone was just awesome.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 20, 2019 6:09 AM

Nov 2017
Man, I'm a sucker for sad backstories no matter how much anime i've seen.
The backstory didnt feel forced to me, and i actually quite liked this episode.

Madoka is one of my favorite characters this whole season, she seems very mature for a high schooler
Nov 20, 2019 6:16 AM

Feb 2019
I was very much invested in the duel bet'n kite and sora. I loved the scenery of little kids watching that duel and cheering for sora. Best episode so far!
Nov 20, 2019 7:24 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Kite has the skills to play on a professional level and I can see him breaking a lot of ankles with his speed.
Nov 20, 2019 7:26 AM

Feb 2016
I really like the guts Sora has to push whoever stands in his way, even if he's so small.

When I saw that scene at the Gym, I knew Kenji didn't start it giving the look of his face. I liked his backstory, I really wonder what happened between his real dad and his step dad.

Also, I really like how the thugs are developing into a team that cares for each other, specially Momoharu who apologized to the girls.

phantomfandom said:
If we get to see flashback of all people, there will be no more bad people, just misunderstood people.

Anyway, I just notice that the English name the author gave is Happy Go Ducky, I'm wondering why international license holder doesn't use this name. Remind me of how they change 'The Basketball Which Kuroko Plays' into 'Kuroko's Basketball'.

Where did you read that the English name is Happy Go Ducky? isn't that the name of the Opening song tho?

Also, I think "Kuroko's basketball" and "The Basketball Which Kuroko Plays" is very justified, as it simplifies a rather long af name.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 20, 2019 7:37 AM
Sep 2015
HereticHunter said:

Where did you read that the English name is Happy Go Ducky? isn't that the name of the Opening song tho?

The last frame of opening song scene.
Nov 20, 2019 8:28 AM

Oct 2018
a new powerful character on the court, i kind of knew he would have a sad background history............

so an anti hero on the team, this is getting interesting episode by episode....
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Nov 20, 2019 8:51 AM

Aug 2018
Awesome! Episode...
Nov 20, 2019 8:55 AM

Feb 2019
Who cares if he started the fight in the gym? He should have been expelled for starting the fight with the basketball team when they just asked him for pointers.

He should have been expelled when he ran out onto the basketball court interrupting the teams that already had it reserves and then recklessly jumping into a girl and giving her a concussion.

There are countless skilled players like him out there that are a detriment to their teams and get kicked off their team. Sora trying to recruit him doesn't seem like a good idea.
Nov 20, 2019 9:24 AM

Oct 2015
I don't know what was Sora trying to achieve by blaming himself, did he think he'd wiggle his out of the situation, sometimes these anime MCs are so profoundly created.

As for the delinquent bastard I think he should be expelled nonetheless, but it seems like Yasuhara and his gang have threatened the victims, so it'll probably blow over. I hated his "pity" persona, are we suppose to feel sorry for you because your parents kicked you out of being a D. The little sister is the one I felt sorry for, she only wants to get her family back since brother has broken it.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 20, 2019 9:28 AM

Dec 2014
FMmatron said:
Great to see that the basketball team is acting more and more like a team now, even outside the court. That scene where Momoharu bowed down and apologized, unkthinkable just a couple of episodes ago.

Got also to learn more about Kenji and how his hopes were crushed. In a way he brought it upon himself, but it's still fucked up to take away such an opportunity that could've changed his behaviour more effectively.

Nice one on one at the end there and the entrance of everyone was just awesome.

Sums up my thoughts on this episode as well. The scene where Momoharu apologized was great and Kenji has more heart in him than he likes to let on. Can't wait to see him become a part of the team.
Nov 20, 2019 11:27 AM

Feb 2019
lihle808 said:
I don't know what was Sora trying to achieve by blaming himself, did he think he'd wiggle his out of the situation, sometimes these anime MCs are so profoundly created.

As for the delinquent bastard I think he should be expelled nonetheless, but it seems like Yasuhara and his gang have threatened the victims, so it'll probably blow over. I hated his "pity" persona, are we suppose to feel sorry for you because your parents kicked you out of being a D. The little sister is the one I felt sorry for, she only wants to get her family back since brother has broken it.

I could sympathize a lot more if the Step-dad beat him and the mom just ignored it, but it seems the step-dad did try to make it work but he was just a delinquent. I can somewhat see why the step-dad sent him away, to keep him from being a bad influence on the daughter, but he shouldn't tell the daughter that her half-brother is not part of the family anymore...that's a jackass thing to do.

His mom should be calling him as much as his sister too. At the same time, Tobi's attitude is way too much for a kid who lost his dad years ago and seemingly grew up in a fairly stable home, which only his delinquent behavior destabilized.
Nov 20, 2019 1:24 PM
Apr 2015
Best anime of the season
Nov 20, 2019 2:11 PM
Aug 2015
Dropping. A retard pile of stupidity and laziness. And not one likeable character. And a terribly poorly made chara design. And ... well, everything sucks when I think about it.

I had hope in the beginning, but nope, there's nothing to save in this thing. (u_u)
Nov 20, 2019 7:12 PM

Jul 2017
Looks like Kenji is joining the team now

All we need now is Miyano's character's introduction and the basket team is complete
Nov 20, 2019 7:43 PM

Jul 2016
Oh... what a dirty move, series. Using the "cute imouto" tactic to make me feel empathy towards the kind of character I usually despise. Well played, Ahiru no Sora, well played.

Good episode overall. Kenji still looks like a problematic teenager to my eyes but at least knowing his story gave me some context about his attitude. Still need to know why the hate towards his step-father tho. He seems to be a decent man and it doesn't look like he beats Kenji's mother nor treats his little sister badly so I don't get what's all the fuss about.
I guess there's still more backstory to be told but so far, it seems to me that Kenji brought his current situation upon himself all by himself. Just because he wanted to play the delinquent role.

Now, on the other hand, Momoharu apologizing to the girls made me feel even more respect for him and Madoka is just fantastic. She's winning so many points with every passing episode. I absolutely love her attitude and disposition.
Nov 20, 2019 8:09 PM

Oct 2017
Wow Momoharu actually bowed down to apologize when he had nthng to do with the incident, he has changed a lot since the begining of the show. Also the new guy Natsume is pretty interesting and his sister is a sweet girl. Hope his problem is solved soon and he gets to join the team.
Nov 20, 2019 8:31 PM
May 2019
Natsuki-sensei appeared, and the basketball team got together to actually save their maybe new addition.
We got a little of his background, but I wanna know how good he did in middle school, since he even got a invite to play on high school. Him and Chiaki seem a op duo.
Now, he'll probably get a suspension, and I'd bet unitl the next episode and maybe the one after the last member and the manager show up. Also, it seems like he'll be a player that will try to carry but eventually gets overwelm, then will play with the team. I'd like if he resisted a little bit, pretending like he isn't bonding with the team.
Glad both sports anime of this season are very good so far.
Nov 20, 2019 10:37 PM

May 2019
Kenji's past is really interesting. I'm excited to see how reliant his character arc is on his backstory, and how he meshes in with the cast on and off the court.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Nov 21, 2019 1:57 AM

Jun 2013
Satsuki-sensei ain't buying that alibi, Sora. You could barely beat up a mosquito. The kids were so cute calling him chiisana no oniichan or something to that effect.

I'm guessing that Kite's real dad either died or his parents are divorced and both remarried. He probably played in the nationals too which is why he boldly told Sora to witness and experience the difference himself.

I'm guessing those thugs he beat up probably harassed the girls, tried to vandalize the gym or did something awful which will get them suspended or expelled instead.
臭い-
Nov 21, 2019 1:02 PM

Feb 2013
How come this anime has such a low rating? I mean for me personally it's the best one from this season out of the ones I'm watching.
DarkRangerNov 21, 2019 1:06 PM
Nov 21, 2019 4:34 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
DarkRanger said:
How come this anime has such a low rating? I mean for me personally it's the best one from this season out of the ones I'm watching.

This anime has a score of 7.62 and that's a decent score.
Nov 21, 2019 5:50 PM

Jan 2016
That teacher was so annoying.

"I dOn'T wAnT tO hEaR aNy ExCuSeS tHiS iS yOuR FaULt BeCaUsE I sAiD sO HUURD UURURRUURR"

Nov 21, 2019 6:10 PM

Jul 2019
I really don't like the whole Japanese-style Yankee, they always just seem embarrassing to me. Not cool at all, plus didn't they do this already with the rest of the team? Literally just repeating the same arc over again with a new character. Although at least it's more interesting than the first time around, it's still not very original. Why does everyone have to be a Yankee?
Nov 21, 2019 9:55 PM

Jul 2014
Ooooo that well deserved slap. Madoka is such a great character.

Saw the sad backstory coming for the new guy. It makes him sympathetic but it will take a lot more before he is fully redeemed.
Nov 22, 2019 5:19 PM

Sep 2018
Again???? Violence again??

That teacher is so stupid!! They didn't even investigate??!!! They just judge based on the end result? Not even asking what's the cause??
Nov 22, 2019 7:40 PM

Oct 2008
Another good episode!
Momoharu Dogeza was really needed because of the mess Kenji made...
we get to see some family problems of Kenji.
looks like we're gonna hear some truth of what happen from the mess earlier...
5/5.

Nov 22, 2019 10:06 PM

Mar 2017
I really like how Sora is not afraid of going up against those taller than him. I liked that park scene a lot. Hearing those young kids cheer for Sora brought a smile to my face.

This episode was great. That advisor guy is the only one I am not sure what to think of him.
Nov 23, 2019 9:57 AM
Mar 2015
Our boys head really is empty
Nov 24, 2019 12:12 PM
Apr 2013
morihama said:
I really don't like the whole Japanese-style Yankee, they always just seem embarrassing to me. Not cool at all, plus didn't they do this already with the rest of the team? Literally just repeating the same arc over again with a new character. Although at least it's more interesting than the first time around, it's still not very original. Why does everyone have to be a Yankee?

Japanese-style Yankee? What is that?
Nov 24, 2019 1:42 PM
Nov 24, 2019 7:29 PM
Apr 2013

So wait, are you asserting that Kite is a "Yankee"? Is it because of the tattoos and hairstyle?
Nov 26, 2019 10:19 PM

Apr 2014
HOOfan_1 said:
There are countless skilled players like him out there that are a detriment to their teams and get kicked off their team. Sora trying to recruit him doesn't seem like a good idea.

and yet they will...............

cause it's anime
Nov 27, 2019 1:51 AM

Jul 2012
lol its like the entire school only has less than 10 people who are good at basketball
Dec 3, 2019 12:49 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great episode once again, Kenji can be a good character afterall, I'm looking forward for more of him
Dec 5, 2019 2:41 PM

Jul 2012
Legitimately felt like slapping that teacher across the face... also funny how they managed to find each other on a random park

Anyway, the problematic backstory was expected but I wonder what happened to his dad

Well, I actually want to see how far they can go but not going to lie, everyone around Sora in the school being primarily assholes gets old fast, at least they're changing so there's that
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Dec 10, 2019 6:36 PM

Oct 2009
When will the cute manager with yellow hair, hair clips, short twintails, a bit of blush and below average height finally make her appearance? Also judging by the ED, she and Chiaki get along well, so - nice for him, too!

Also interested why Kenji couldn't go to the school he was invited, simply because he left the home?
SerhiykoApr 22, 2020 5:51 PM
Dec 23, 2020 10:00 PM

Jun 2020
Damn, Natsume is pretty much a softie deep down. He & his sister were so cute!!!! His story was sad.....being thrown around & he was such a cute kid with his dad. Didn’t like him as much before but he’s giving Momoharu a run in my heart now

Also when Momoharu apologised to the girls at the beginning. Wow talk about character development. I love him!!!!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 14, 2021 1:20 AM

Jul 2015
Damn even his own teammates don't believe Sora beat up that bunch, despite having flexed his muscles while playing buck naked. Having the troublesome Kite on the team is a nice addition, hopefully the advisor will actually listen to the cause of the fight

Mar 16, 2021 5:23 AM
Mar 2018
Very emotional and fun episode.
Nov 21, 2023 10:54 PM
Nov 2023
Absence CZ titulku

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2020

77 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2020

37 by nightjasmine »»
Oct 12, 2023 1:51 AM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 49 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2020

38 by mirco99 »»
Oct 8, 2023 2:57 PM

» Will there be a season 2 of Ahiru no Sora?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 10, 2023

7 by DemiDaCactus »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:42 PM

» Manga

Eshwar_ - Mar 12, 2023

1 by PotiKayou »»
Mar 14, 2023 2:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.