Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2020 2:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn that score. It's in the 100s+, something you don't see too often in this show.

Pretty balanced episode of basketball drama and emotions off the guard. I feel like they're going easy with these final episodes although still revisits the usual themes. Only one more to go.
Sep 23, 2020 4:02 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Only one episode left and it's finished, can't believe it's already been a whole year
Sep 23, 2020 4:12 AM

Oct 2009
And all this just to even open up the door to be able to prepare for a championship. Man. I wanna see more.

Random Madoka date insert was random and quite unnecessary - despite the fact that I personally could relate to her thoughts and feelings about the rain, it felt very alive. But what I do absolutely appreciate is how they keep the kids' minds in perspective. Always someone bringing up the way they might feel, the things they might think, even the ways they might punish themselves for their own mistakes that they recognised - regardless of what the adults do. That's not an approach I've seen often, especially not with such emphasis, and that's a shame because it is very important. So... kudos to Ahiru no Sora there.
Sep 23, 2020 4:17 AM
Sep 2015
The next episode is the final. While I don't want it to end I've to admit that it'll clear TV slot that will have a chance to show a better and gayer sports anime.
Sep 23, 2020 4:20 AM
Apr 2020
I wonder what people who said that Shiraishi was a jerk will say after that episode...XD

Even with 2min30 of recap, they managed to bring that episode waaaay further that I thought. I will repeat myself but now I am totally lost about how it will end. Where I always thoought that the anime would end will fill maybe only 5 minutes of the next episode. So...original ending? But if it is not the case and I see some "sea" on next episode, I won't believe for a second if there is no second season later on.

A pity that they removed the narration which is in the manga when Toby breaks the ankle of Fuwa. Actually, in that anime, they removed all the narrations of the manga apart from the one (stupidly) given to Nao few episodes ago.

Ashhk said:
Only one episode left and it's finished, can't believe it's already been a whole year

COVID drama made 2020 fly...

Sep 23, 2020 4:33 AM
Oct 2016
Redemption doesn't have anything to do with yourself, it's about going to the people who love and support you and atoning for it. The transgressions never really go away but you can move forward. Despite the outcome of their game against Taiei I'm happy our Kuzu boys can have their team again. Honestly despite how all their matches have gone I want to see them play basketball together again. Momoharu said some impassioned words to the principal and vice principal. Happy they decided to reinstate the basketball team. Taiei truly is some monsters like a lot of them said. Shiraishi going off at the end with six consecutive baskets, most of them three pointers. You can definitely see why they're going to represent their prefecture in the Inter High. They're just flat out leagues ahead of most other teams in the country let alone Kuzu whom are still very new at this. Have to always remember they haven't played basketball together for long at all. They just don't have much experience on the court. It's something that's hard to emulate when facing a more experienced team. Kuzu is late to the game so to speak. They need this next year to play together and get better a as unit. I hope we can see them get there now that they're reinstated.
Sep 23, 2020 4:46 AM

Jul 2014
Dukino said:
They need this next year to play together and get better a as unit. I hope we can see them get there now that they're reinstated.

That Yakku guy did say that they were in the ballpark and Shirashi laughed at the notion of him taking it easy on them. Kuzu has potential just need to build the foundation and maybe get another coachtype figure in.
Sep 23, 2020 5:17 AM
Apr 2020
BTW, something which should be reminded/precised as it could have been forgotten since the episode 35 (Stand) and also lost in translation is that they have been authorized to form a sports club in the sense of a sports association. This is NOT an official club!

The difference is explained in episode 35 when Nao phoned her "friend" to ask how she managed to create a light music club.
Sep 23, 2020 6:05 AM
Jan 2017
i have to say i'm very disappointed .. 50 episodes and yet no win at all

i know they new to basket and still training but still 50 episodes its like 2 seasons of the anime and they didnt win training match

despite i thought they would win the last match because it took 15+ episodes which is alooot but the ending disapoinnted me
Sep 23, 2020 7:40 AM
Aug 2014
Bebo10 said:

i know they new to basket and still training but still 50 episodes its like 2 seasons of the anime and they didnt win training match

despite i thought they would win the last match because it took 15+ episodes which is alooot but the ending disapoinnted me

What do you expect when they are playing against one of the strongest high school teams who are constantly day in and out put through helll along with being reminded of what it means to be a part of the team, Against a ragtag group of misfits some of which are thugs which have never played a game of basketball in their whole lives and have x amount of months under their belts.

The Ending I agree was pretty gutting but at the same time there's a lot of realism to it anyone who expected them to win is deluded.
Sep 23, 2020 8:48 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Despite Taiei dropping over 100 points on Kuzu, their basketball team is officially reinstated with the Vice Principal serving as the advisor of the team. They have demonstrated that they are passionate about the game of basketball and they want to keep playing so that they get stronger and make it to inter-high.

One more episode left.
Sep 23, 2020 10:52 AM

Feb 2019
every second they spend on Madoka seems wasted at this point...unless they plan more seasons and she has some sort of significant role.
HOOfan_1Sep 23, 2020 10:56 AM
Sep 23, 2020 10:59 AM

May 2019
I can see why people don't like the fact that they did not win a single match during the entire season, but at the same time, it's a fact that giving them a win here against one of the strongest teams with only months of practice would've been straight up bad writing.
Also, the animators finally seem to have woken up this episode. I don't think that there were this much frames in the past 48 episodes combined.
Gintoki and Sugita's birthdays are 1 day apart.
Sep 23, 2020 12:08 PM

Oct 2017
As expected they lost but it was a good game and they gave it their all so they should be proud of themselves. Also nice their club is acknowledged.

Btw lol I totally forgot about Madoka, I wonder when did she become such an irrelevant character.
Sep 23, 2020 12:42 PM
Aug 2014
HOOfan_1 said:
every second they spend on Madoka seems wasted at this point...unless they plan more seasons and she has some sort of significant role.

I think it's not unrealistic Madoka and Momoharu become an item, considering how they left things off along Momoharu's desire from this ep to change his ways and looking Madoka's date she was definitely despondant with times thinking about the ongoing game.

Not much to go on but it's definitely a possibility.
SyraneSep 23, 2020 12:53 PM
Sep 23, 2020 1:25 PM

Jul 2012
If this show had a different studio, the story could propel it into the top-tier of sports anime.

The fact that they didn't pull any punches, even on that final shot for Nabe, and really made this a realistic story of a bad basketball team really sold me on wanting to see this story continue. I thought they'd get their amazing finish that most sports anime give, and was originally upset it wouldn't be the case, but after this episode I'm almost happy they didn't win.

This will all pay off if we get a season 2 (which I absolutely doubt is happening). I will have to read the manga to eventually get the sweet taste of a Kuzu victory.

I mean look at Haikyuu, how hype was the season 2 finale after what happened in season 1? Once they get over the hump, that will be an epic sight to see.

Also, the animation in this episode looked like it was done by a completely different studio. The production work is AWFUL.
Sep 23, 2020 1:34 PM

Jan 2017
Boo they lost, though it was expected still kinda :(

I cared about madoka during the beginning, but now she and her story feels irrelevant I'm annoyed.
Sep 23, 2020 2:09 PM

Apr 2016
Well, after 50 episodes this kind of things stop to be emotional and just become annoying. It’s at least the third time we see that kind of ending for a match.
I don’t know, there are times I think I like this show, but there are also times when I can’t say how I feel about it. I can only hope for a more consistent second season which would revolve more around the team, without annoying characters who the only thing they do is being annoying (yes Madoka, yes). Let’s hope, well, if there will be a second season, of course.
Sep 23, 2020 2:24 PM

Jan 2018
It's me or the animation of this episode is way better than before and different than the usual one ?
Sep 23, 2020 2:41 PM

Aug 2018
Ah I was wrong to think they would come bak to a draw at least : confirmed now that I watched a 50 episodes show were the protagonists lost every match... unless they beat a bunch of kids on the playground during the last episode !

And seriously what's up with Madoka ? Her appearance in the last episodes was pointless but this one was next level

Next week last episode ( a year that we watch this show eh, my first long term anime) so how are they gonna prepare themselves to rise ?
Sep 23, 2020 3:50 PM

Jul 2012
Yaaceen said:
It's me or the animation of this episode is way better than before and different than the usual one ?

It was less detailed which allowed them to be more fluid with the movements I think. So it ends up suffering more on one end to improve on another. There were some scenes were faces were completely deformed.
Sep 23, 2020 4:15 PM

Jan 2018
Phoenix_Trite said:
Yaaceen said:

It was less detailed which allowed them to be more fluid with the movements I think. So it ends up suffering more on one end to improve on another. There were some scenes were faces were completely deformed.

Yes I saw it, but I think it's an animation style/technic that is used sometimes by major studios also.
Sep 23, 2020 7:04 PM

Jul 2017
jesus fuck thank goodness that match is finally over. Literally so painful seeing such an incompetent team go at it. Like legit despite all the training montages and whatnot they somehow still manage to make like hardly any progress. Meanwhile you have guys like Yozan and the other dude where it literally took them 1 flashback to get them in form and stay there.

I mean, I respect the direction the series goes with, in that not everything is sunshine and rainbows, but at the very least would it kill to make them a little bit less useless lol?
Sep 23, 2020 8:02 PM

Dec 2017
Alright episode I guess. If only these matches weren't so dragged though but at least its over now, and rip they lost. Not gonna lie, I enjoy this anime way more when they are not playing their matches, but when they are practicing themselves and what not. These matches just take way too long, and its a slog to get through. Like this episode, the best part was the end of the episode where they Momoharu was in the principals office. I like these types of scenes better than the actual games themselves.

Well next week is the final episode, its been basically a year since the show started and its been fun. Would be nice if this show gets a S2, but who knows since the author doesn't like the anime.
Sep 23, 2020 8:21 PM
Jun 2017
ONE MORE EPISODE LEFT... LETS SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN ON THIS ONE
Sep 23, 2020 11:06 PM

Sep 2007
Mami-doka-chan is the worst. Even more so because I like the rain too. And now she gotta go and make it all depressing and shit. Can't she just, like, move away or something?

Sucks they lost but completely accurate and expected. Looking forward to how they transition into the training arc and tie up some loose ends for the season. And props to the team for sticking it through to the end, despite the insurmountable score difference.

I know the author doesn't like the anime, but eff it. I do and I hope it gets a second season.
Sep 24, 2020 2:01 AM

Jul 2014
Bebo10 said:

I mean it gives the realism feeling. How does a club of newbies actually win against the prodigal lineup of one of the two top schools in the region?

Like kuroko had them win vs Kise's team but the entire club was filled with basketball vets.

Ahiru no sora has 1 kid that was mainly sitting on benches, 1 outcast, 3 people who gave up on the sport and are coming back to it and 3 complete rookies. Their progress is frustrating but it feels real which is the point trying to be conveyed.
Sep 24, 2020 3:02 AM

Apr 2010
Its expected that their team lost to one of the teams that regularly contends for the inter high position for their region. Expecting the last episode in this season to be a wrap up of sorts and perhaps giving us something to look forward to.

That said I am looking forward to next season. This story is amazing.
Sep 25, 2020 9:49 AM

May 2015
The mangaka must've been like hmm.. game 1 they, game 2 they lose, game 3 they lose, game 4 they lose, game 1000 hmm.. yep.. they LOSE.....
Can't believe I spent over 16 hours worth of anime watching a team getting owned one time after another after another after afuckingnother...
I said I'll give it 1/10 if they lost again and I did but let's see if I'll change that next episode or not.
I want to drop it now but with just a single episode remaining and knowing that this is hardly the end, as well as fully knowing they won't keep losing forever(I haven't read the manga, this isn't spoilers ppl, the first line above there is a joke) makes me want to go on which means I might jump to the manga if a 2nd season won't be made, the development, the pace is still too fucking slow and has seriously became unbearable, which also means I might not do that.
Seriously speaking, tho, it was probably obvious they were going to lost because this anime tries to be as realistic as possible, while that's not bad it wasn't entertaining at all, still, this could be the anime itself being terrible fault and not the plot itself but being too fucking slow makes me think otherwise.
Speaking of the anime being terrible, did they even try to animate this episode or this whole game? was it always that bad and I just didn't notice it, hmm...
I might sound like I'm complaining, maybe I am, maybe I'm frustrated but whatever, I hated this episode and I'm really hating this anime now but still, if I find anyone ever again complaining/mocking/whatever about how sport anime are predicted, the same, the main team always wins, suck, whatever other shit excuses they come up with, I'll recommend them this anime.
TheBerserkerSep 25, 2020 9:55 AM
Sep 25, 2020 5:04 PM

Apr 2009
I'm not sure how I feel..since it only feels like this series is in the beginning. I can only hope for season 2 but tbh I'm not sure if that will actually happen.

Also..honestly I don't want to see anymore Madoka scenes.
Sep 26, 2020 1:41 PM

Jul 2016
Shiraishi kinda reminded me of Neymar when the guy starts showing off when his team is winning by 4 goals or so. So annoying...

Also F for Satsuki-sensei once he arrives home. His wife looked really uncomfortable during that brief shot.

Well, the massacre became a bloodbath with Shiraishi giving the final blows to an already dead Kuzu team. Anyways, I'm glad it's finally over since it was starting to get truly painful to watch and despite the disastrous final score, the boys still managed to get some random club advisor for the time being. Guess everything wasn't a total loss after all.

Animation also decided to show up for once and man... it really looked like I was watching a different show.
Sep 29, 2020 7:45 AM
Mar 2019
I've never read the manga, so it's crazy I've been watching for over a year and they lost every game lmao.
Sep 30, 2020 4:26 AM

Nov 2016
They lost, but it was still a win in the end. Now I wonder if Satsuki won't change his mind.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 3, 2020 4:53 AM

Jan 2018
Shiraishi is so cool! As expected of a character voiced by Sakurai Takahiro > <
Oct 4, 2020 6:35 AM

Jan 2016
people complain that they lost every game, but this is reality. Teams that just form up and have players that barely know even the basics of basketball don't win.
Oct 11, 2020 3:54 PM
Oct 2020
Thank god it’s finally over, just watched them get blitzed for 50 episodes no wins lol I hope they make an anime for ‘Harlem beat’
Jan 18, 2021 5:03 AM

Jun 2020
The animation during the match was actually pretty decent, they actually finally looked like they were moving, it was such a step up, wish they could have done it sooner. Such a shame this anime couldn’t have been animated well during the matches.

Anyway. Damn shirtless Yasuhara. They are hell-bent on making Yasuhara look so good ever since he cut his hair.

I love you Momoharu, I love you...... BEST. BOY.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Feb 17, 2021 8:05 AM

Jul 2015
I don't know if its just me, but did the animation improve this episode? some scenes felt more fluid. Even though the outcome is expected (Taiei having more members, more training, better coach, more experience made it an obvious outcome against Kuzuryu who just started few months ago) but damn is the author a demon for letting them lose every damn match.

Oct 8, 2023 2:57 PM
Oct 2023
Blonde dude: useless
Tall dude: useless
Chiaki: Great
Kenji: Real Main character
Sora: Weak, you expect more from him but after the first episodes he is just average

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2020

77 by Henk-Devries »»
Feb 13, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2019

45 by Hinata22525 »»
Nov 21, 2023 10:54 PM

Poll: » Ahiru no Sora Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2020

37 by nightjasmine »»
Oct 12, 2023 1:51 AM

» Will there be a season 2 of Ahiru no Sora?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 10, 2023

7 by DemiDaCactus »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:42 PM

» Manga

Eshwar_ - Mar 12, 2023

1 by PotiKayou »»
Mar 14, 2023 2:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.