Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 19, 2019 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, the scenes of Chihaya crying....very emotional. They also managed to throw in some light moments too thanks to Chihaya's personality.

No doubt Taichi has been on her mind since their latest match. I kinda like how the episode transitioned scenes between the two characters. Hopefully Chihaya makes the best decisions for her own future.
Nov 19, 2019 9:04 AM

Nov 2007
Chihaya won.

Now she gets attention by others. Club teacher allowing them to concentrate on Karuta. Chihaya's mother arrived, and Chihaya cried saying she cannot choose between two.

Two guys thought Chihaya is each other's girl.

School trip, and Mamo's character didn't go. Megane-kun sensed the real reason he didn't come.

Miyu-Miyu's character w. his brothers and that girl who likes Mamo's character practice.

Mamo's character chose to practice and participate next competition. Megane-kun said he uses the time available to do karuta or there will be no time because he would study medical school.

Hosoya-san's character not doing well on practice. His childhood friend reminded him.

A mysterious guy visiting queen.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 19, 2019 12:40 PM
Dec 2014
Nooo my boy Taichi lost !! I get a little emotional with Chihaya and her mother, overall it’s another great episode, i fu**ing love this series
H-X-HNov 19, 2019 12:51 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2019 1:07 PM

Feb 2018
A very angst-y episode after Chihaya's triumph. The love triangle is heating up.

I hope to see even more of two of the most under-appreciated characters in the series, Arata and Shinobu!
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Nov 19, 2019 1:26 PM

Oct 2012
Arata makes what it seems to be his declaration of war against Taichi. Chihaya feels betrayed because Taichi went to the East Qualifiers while she went to Kyoto...

I didn't understand why Madhouse made the last card of the match Aria? The last card was Shira. Anyways... QUALIFIERS HYPE.
Nov 19, 2019 1:31 PM
Aug 2017
We finally get a calmer episode in the middle of this hype train. Yuu x Arata seems like a cute thing that will never happen but I wonder if it will mean more down the line.
Nov 19, 2019 1:46 PM

Nov 2007
"Chihaya belongs to no one."

Also, Chihaya the slacker but I can really see why she would pick her one and only school trip because she wants to become a Karuta advisor and spend time with Michiru-chan. The middle-school story elaborates on why Michiru-chan holds special place for Chihaya.

Also, Taichi one upped Chihaya again! He is not gonna wait for Chihaya to look his way! That's the quality that he lacked and now he is gonna get stronger and better in Karuta than ever before!

Also, Yuu <3. Katsudon and Katsu curry both hold the "victory"!

Also, Suou-meijin makes his appearance for the first time this season! Gosh! The freaken' Meijin visiting our resident Queen!

Also, Qualifiers Hype!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 19, 2019 1:53 PM

Oct 2019
shanimebib said:
"Chihaya belongs to no one."

Also, Chihaya the slacker but I can really see why she would pick her one and only school trip because she wants to become a Karuta advisor and spend time with Michiru-chan. The middle-school story elaborates on why Michiru-chan holds special place for Chihaya.

Also, Taichi one upped Chihaya again! He is not gonna wait for Chihaya to look his way! That's the quality that he lacked and now he is gonna get stronger and better in Karuta than ever before!

Also, Yuu <3. Katsudon and Katsu curry both hold the "victory"!

Also, Suou-meijin makes his appearance for the first time this season! Gosh! The freaken' Meijin visiting our resident Queen!

Also, Qualifiers Hype!

IKR!! Whats this?! Actual screentime of Suou? How long has it been since we last saw him? I do read the manga but I dont really remember much of the earlier chapters so I actually didnt know he would show up this early again tbh
Nov 19, 2019 2:02 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Chihaya won, as expected.

After 56 episodes, she won a individual tournament for the first time ever. She already do the best she could.

Finally, Arata and Taichi will have some love-war . Expect they will fight on Masters Qualifier.

Chihaya is just too naive. She don't know Taichi very well. That boy will lie to anyone to chase his target.
Nov 19, 2019 3:34 PM

May 2015
Finally Shinobu gets some screen time, as well as Suou its a miracle! Another great episode, cant wait for the Masters Qualifier.
Nov 19, 2019 3:34 PM

Nov 2007
axel360 said:
I hope to see even more of two of the most under-appreciated characters in the series, Arata and Shinobu!

You won't be disappointed with this season. Arata and Shinobu-chan will appear much more in this season compared to before.

Fionavar said:
shanimebib said:

IKR!! Whats this?! Actual screentime of Suou? How long has it been since we last saw him? I do read the manga but I dont really remember much of the earlier chapters so I actually didnt know he would show up this early again tbh

Are you a Class A? Oh, he's gonna have plenty more this season! Including the infamous "You won't". ;)
Coronavirus.
Nov 19, 2019 3:48 PM

Feb 2011
Taichi skipping the trip to join the qualifier was expected, but still interesting to see.

Happy that Shinobu and Suo are finally back this episode ! Missed Shinobu especially.
Nov 19, 2019 4:04 PM
Mar 2015
Both Micheru and Yuu both get shortchanged by Chihaya and Arata

Always loved the scene with Chihaya and her mother She actually appreciates what her mother and her teachers have done for her Love her recognition of Taichi when she talked about the match On to Kyoto

Arata does have a tendency to blurt things out when it comes to Chihaya Glasses declares war on eyebrows
Desk did a good job of explaining why Taichi was in the Meijin qualifier
Suo shows up at Shinobu's draw with a Daddy Bear sweet

Nov 19, 2019 4:17 PM

Nov 2018
Chihaya won, good. I think this match was more about showing Taichi's determination and how he will get more serious about Karuta, rivaling Chihaya's level of that.
Too bad she dropped out of the queen match, well as long as she's happy.
Shinobu's pajamas, lmao. Okay street clothes, she looks like a clown in them but. I see.
Nov 19, 2019 4:39 PM
Aug 2012
the transitions in this episode were so good. You could feel the emotions building up in Taichi
Feel free to leave something on my profile, or send me a message if you'd like to chat.
Nov 19, 2019 4:59 PM
Oct 2012
awww man... this episode truly conveys those feelings when you're in a crossroad and don't truly know what to do.
Nov 19, 2019 5:09 PM

Aug 2016
Damn, I was hoping Taichi would win, but interesting he is going for the Master Tournament.
Speaking of the Master, interesting he is showing up at the Queen's house, hope we get more of them.
It's a shame it never showed the winner of Class B, I was hoping the weirdo would finally get to Rank A, hopefully it will reveal the result soon.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Nov 19, 2019 5:59 PM

Dec 2014
I'll admit I was kinda rooting for Taichi but I knew Chihaya would win. Happy for her. :)

Loved the post match scene with her Mom and their club adviser with her mentioning everything she wanted to do, it was sweet in it's own way.

Taichi is going all out, I'm rooting for him in the qualifiers!
Nov 19, 2019 6:15 PM

Sep 2013
Taichi is now going serious w/ Karuta

from the looks of it its gonna end up w/ Arata vs Mashima at the Masters Qualifer w/c is hyyyypeee.

also Shinobu, IMO best girl, is adorable. i wanna see more of her this season.
Nov 19, 2019 6:17 PM

Sep 2010
I remember being so disappointed that Taichi didn't win this one in the manga. I really thought and happen he would but yea, thing never go well for him so I might've at least gotten used it.

Also looking at it realistically, even if she came off injury, Chihaya more or less, regained her max level during this tournament. Adding to the fact that she had a break between the final match, it really wouldn't make much sense for her to lose despite all her advantages... that especially becomes clear in later part in the game because since Taichi couldn't make a decent card lead in early game, then it's GG fighting against her hearing when there are only few cards left.

So she should've won and she won... not that it didn't left me disappointed. Oh well, Taichi might not be best karuta player but he is definitely the best character of this series. I can't wait for his character arc that will start rolling out after this classifier is all said and done. Today was yet another necessary sacrifice for the greatness to come!
Nov 19, 2019 6:42 PM

Nov 2007
Anyone else caught Wakayama in the episode, I wonder? That's Wakamiya, CR.

BitterBones said:
Shinobu's pajamas, lmao. Okay street clothes, she looks like a clown in them but. I see.

You do not, I repeat, you do not underestimate those fashion senses! Snowmaru is here to stay! Same can be said for Daddy Bear!
Coronavirus.
Nov 19, 2019 6:59 PM

Nov 2008
Was Suou propositioning Shinobu???
Nov 19, 2019 7:45 PM
Dec 2015
Can any manga readers tell me what chapter this episode is from? I want to read the manga after this its sooo good and chihayas class is so cute in this episode and shinobus outfit is so UGLY I CRIED
Nov 19, 2019 8:25 PM

Apr 2015
As a manga reader, I knew what the results of the match would be. But, it still hurts seeing Taichi lose. He has the worst luck :( dang, the plot/Yuki Suetsugu just really isn't on his side :ll Arata really annoyed me in this episode when he mentioned casually how "good" Chihaya did in the match like...bro, you are talking to the one who lost the match, that comment hurts. All Arata could think about his how much he should have been in the match and mentioning that Chihaya "belonged" to Taichi which is irrelevant!! (this part made me roll my eyes)) Taichi is literally upset because be lost...Arata is so dense;;;; ugh, that conversation really bothered me.

I'm getting weird vibes about Sumire potentially ending up with Taichi b/c I get the feeling that it will be Arata x Chihaya (I always end up getting 2nd lead syndrome in love triangles ;___;) Idc if Taichi doesn't end up with Chihaya, I just want my boy to be happy;; he deserves the best. I think a lot of people who criticize Taichi & Taichi supporters for liking him despite the fact that he "oNLy pLayINg kArUta fOR cHihAYA" should really see this episode. You can see the look of determination in his eyes!! He is in it to win it. He is more than just Chihaya's pretty love interest. Side note: Chihaya just doesn't have the emotional capacity to love anyone...she barely understands Taichi despite being his closest friend.
SugusatoNov 20, 2019 6:37 AM

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©
Nov 19, 2019 8:27 PM

Apr 2015
_Salsa said:
Can any manga readers tell me what chapter this episode is from? I want to read the manga after this its sooo good and chihayas class is so cute in this episode and shinobus outfit is so UGLY I CRIED

This episode's chapters are 105-106 I think

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©
Nov 19, 2019 9:16 PM

Sep 2017
I'm so happy Chihaya won, but man Taichi is such a sore loser. I never really liked his character and the stuff he pulled this ep is the reason why. I appreciate Chihaya's sentiment wanting to go on the class trip, but I still think it was the wrong move. As touching as her breaking down and crying was, I don't think "went on the school trip" is what employers will be looking for on Chihaya's resume as she applies to be a teacher.
Nov 19, 2019 9:36 PM
Jul 2019
I don't dislike Taichi or think he's a bad character, but the way he lied to Chihaya knowing how she takes everything at face value is another reason among many that I'm rooting against a Chihaya x Taichi romance. I hate how he treats her.
Nov 19, 2019 11:27 PM

Oct 2012
This episode really feels how the dynamics of the three main characters are starting to change.

Chihaya made a great decision! She finds her goal in life! She wants to be a teacher to become a karuta advisor and prioritizes her future above her karuta goals. She also feels the wheels of times turning.

While Arata's image of "the time he had most fun" playing karuta is messed up by Taichi taking that place, he defies him straight after Taichi losing.....not the best moment for Taichi. Finally he's losing his calm, fufu. Btw I really liked the little scene between Arata and Yuu. She obviously knows the "real" Arata very well, no God of karuta stuff in her mind, and supports him.

This all probably motivated Taichi to skip the school trip. He's really in a brooding mood and struggling with himself.....distancing himself from his teammates and going on his secretive, lone journey to the qualifiers.....

Aaaaaaah and finally Suou San! I've been waiting for him!
Nov 19, 2019 11:55 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Awesome episode! It's so sad to see how the score of this season dropped a few tiers like that, 8.50+ is the bare minimum in my opinion. Hopefully, the mods will be able to take care of the bots so that this show will finally get the right treatment from this community.

Anyway, it's amazing to see how the three are developing here! Chihaya's tears plus that outburst though, definitely felt a tingle in my kokoro there and mad props to the VA there! I'm so glad her mother made it just about in time as well, it's a pity she didn't get to watch the match but I'm sure this'll help propel Chihaya forward during cinch moments.

Harada-sensei's monologue at the start of the episode was so true, on another note. At the end of the day, nothing beats winning and nothing is more frustrating than coming second place. Taichi, my condolences, but I'm glad he's decided to give it another shot! Just one more try left in the bank, how cruel this world. I've a feeling this is leading up to something bad though, just a gutsy feeling.

Chihaya fretting over Taichi's "lie" was touching to see, for some reason. Feel bad for her friend though, that was really not nice from her part.

Shinobu meets Suou? Totally didn't see that coming, good lord! What's he up to? I so can't wait to see what happens next? Lol @ her choice of clothing there though.

Transitions in this episode, something about it really caught my attention. Maybe it's me, but did it seem a little more dramatic and fitting as such to anyone else?

Really loving the ED theme now! Probably my favourite of the three so far. Funny how I deemed it as the lowest-ranked on my first impression.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 20, 2019 1:28 AM

Nov 2018
shanimebib said:

BitterBones said:

You do not, I repeat, you do not underestimate those fashion senses! Snowmaru is here to stay! Same can be said for Daddy Bear!

I. understand. Mhmm.
Nov 20, 2019 3:41 AM

Feb 2011
The awesomeness doesn't stop here, ALWAYS GETTING EXCITED SEEING THE NEW EPISODES OF CHIHAYAFURU: it's hard to believe it's been 6 six years since these chapters of the manga arrive reach so many fans' hearts.

Arata's words to Taichi was awesome, well said Arata: "Chihaya belongs to no one" got me hyper of excitement definitely signs of jealously jumping in: its Arata declaration war to Taichi now it's clear of Arata's doubts of thinking they were a couple: the war IT'S ON!!!! Arata is now irritated what he stated to Taichi about Chihaya, so much that he even lost sight track of the qualifier in the next day, even he isn't aware of what he feels right now, later it's all going to come together: Hang in there my favorite karuta baka ( Arata's rollercoaster ride just awaits him next...): ( OMG, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS DEVELOPMENT IN MY FULLSCREEN TV!!!!!).

Chihaya upsetting see Taichi getting ahead of her is really something, poor girl:hang in there Chihaya, enjoy your trip to the fullest.

I can't wait for the next episodes, WATCHING CHIHAYAFURU ALWAYS BRINGS TEH BEST PART BEFORE HEADING TO BEDTIME).

Nov 20, 2019 5:28 AM

Feb 2019
Chihaya won as expected

Taichi is still being an asshole to arata. I loved every bit of the conversation both of them had especially "chihaya doesn't belong to anyone".

Shinobu chan is cute as always. Gotta love her fashion sense.
Nov 20, 2019 5:58 AM

May 2019
Taichi is my favourite character in Chihayafuru but he was too edgy this episode. Why do you keep it a secret, boi?

Also, it was sad that Chihaya decided to skip the qualifiers for a mere school trip. I guess this season will focus more on Taichi and Arata rather than Chihaya.
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Nov 20, 2019 6:47 AM
Oct 2008
I wanted Taichi to win. Oh well. Maybe he'll get over Chihaya eventually since she's obviously clueless
Nov 20, 2019 7:11 AM
Jul 2018
Eh that episode wasn't very good tbh, Chihaya crying felt pretty forced, she only wants to become a teacher since a few eps and yet this take priority over Karuta even though it's her dream to become the Queen ? Also why the heck is a class trip important to become a teacher, this just didn't make sense to me.
Nov 20, 2019 8:22 AM

Nov 2016
Post match scene with Chihaya was just way too precious.

Taichi got the jump on her now tho, pretty hyped now that the more competetive phase started.

And man, I dig Shinobu and her sense for fashion.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 20, 2019 9:59 AM
Apr 2016
Glad Chihaya managed to win! The aftermath was very beautiful.
Nov 20, 2019 12:32 PM
Nov 2019
Damn, I never liked Taichi. While I respect his desire for self-improvement, his selfishness is just too much for me to stomach. He really just couldn't be at least a tiny bit happy for Chihaya's victory, now could he? Or be straight with her and tell her about his plans? It's not like he'd be battling HER for the title anyways, so I don't see his problem.

On the other hand, Arata's observation was awesome: Chihaya indeed belongs to no one. And Shinobu quite rocked her "street clothes". xD Also I hope she and Meijin won't be too much trouble, whatever it is they might be planning to do.^^
Nov 20, 2019 12:58 PM
Nov 2007
Taichi is the best character as far as I am concerned, so his loss was sad for me, but expected. I also find it funny, how everyone is trashing him about "Chiahaya not belonging to anyone" conversation. Arata is the one who spouted this BS and not Taichi and on the contrary Taichi has never behaved that way, but rather completely devoted himself to the girl that he loves. I have not doubt that he will even become Master so that "karuta moron" Chihaya can see him. He is making all of her dreams come true, while also sacrificing his own aspirations.Love him or hate him, but he is going all out for the girl he loves and for that I love his character.
Nov 20, 2019 1:01 PM

Feb 2008
Despite his loss, Mashima strides on his arduous path.

Given the height of his ambitions, I cannot help but sympathise with him. However, Chihaya has plenty of hurdles on her chosen path as well.

Arata somehow managed to deepen my distaste for him.
Nov 20, 2019 1:27 PM
Nov 2019
Neji said:
Taichi is the best character as far as I am concerned, so his loss was sad for me, but expected. I also find it funny, how everyone is trashing him about "Chiahaya not belonging to anyone" conversation. Arata is the one who spouted this BS and not Taichi and on the contrary Taichi has never behaved that way, but rather completely devoted himself to the girl that he loves. I have not doubt that he will even become Master so that "karuta moron" Chihaya can see him. He is making all of her dreams come true, while also sacrificing his own aspirations.Love him or hate him, but he is going all out for the girl he loves and for that I love his character.

Oh, I never said he wasn't a good character. He is well written. I just can't stand him, that's all. xD Partly so because I'm convinced he cares more about himself than about Chihaya - after all, he did threaten to bully her if she stuck by Arata when they were kids, and later he kept her isolated from Arata by withholding his number, and now he's lying to her. That said, Taichi has his good bits & pieces too, but they just don't shine much for me. :/
Sorry for shaming him, had to get it off my chest though. :D
Nov 20, 2019 1:30 PM

Oct 2019
littlecrisis said:
Neji said:

Oh, I never said he wasn't a good character. He is well written. I just can't stand him, that's all. xD Partly so because I'm convinced he cares more about himself than about Chihaya - after all, he did threaten to bully her if she stuck by Arata when they were kids, and later he kept her isolated from Arata by withholding his number, and now he's lying to her. That said, Taichi has his good bits & pieces too, but they just don't shine much for me. :/

Dont feel bad for not liking him.. I dont either.. but I advise you dont mention that here.. people tend to get mad triggered if you critize their precious Taichi lol
Nov 20, 2019 1:39 PM
Nov 2007
littlecrisis said:
Neji said:

There are couple of items. 1st you are blaming him for things that he did as a kid, which he owned up to. 2nd he is not required to hook up is beloved girl with rival. 3rd about lying is another BS, she was going to find out and she made her choice on her own and so did he. The part that he sacrificed possible fun time with her to improve his Karuta shows his dedication. I also wanted to add one thing that from my perspective Taichi has to earn Chihaya's love step by step, which he does his best to do, which Arata has it by default and completely undeserved (what has he done in years for Chihaya to love him to such level). I love the underdog who puts his all for the cause, but I also think that Chihaya as character doesn't deserve him. She is good looking, but a complete moron, so I myself a little confused on this one. Too bad there are no other good female characters for Taichi
NejiNov 20, 2019 1:45 PM
Nov 20, 2019 4:41 PM
Dec 2018
Well, it is hardly a surprise that Taichi lost, he has never won against her so it was unlikely to change today.

Can't understand people criticising him for not going on the trip. He lost the match and was upset about that. And it is incredible that people are calling him selfish when NO ONE went to him after his loss to commiserate with him. Chihaya sat there after the match thinking how happy she was that she won and then Arata came over and started talking a load of nonsense straight after his defeat. He's totally within his rights to decide to miss the trip and concentrate on improving his game. Even Arata admits that Taichi was always the one supporting her but he still couldn't resist getting in a jibe right after the match. He brought up the whole conversation about who Chihaya belongs to, not something that anyone needs to hear after losing a match like that. Even he should understand that, seeing as he is a Karuta player himself. Chihaya didn't even give a second's thought to the fact that Taichi might be upset, she just thought 'he's trying to steal a march on me', pretty clueless and pretty selfish. When she is told that Taichi is sick she says 'how could he let that happen when we have the class trip?'. Really? The day after he lost that match? She couldn't find it in herself to understand how he might be feeling?

Taichi works better away from those two so it makes sense that he would take himself out of the situation. One is incredibly selfish and Arata behaves like psychopath a lot of the time and doesn't seem to understand other people's feelings at all.

Taichi is better off out of that triangle. He's admired by the other two girls and wouldn't have any problem finding someone that would look at him properly. Arata, on the other hand, seems to have a lot of people looking up to him and wasn't even able to thank someone who brought him a curry the night before his qualifiers.
Gab5Nov 20, 2019 4:52 PM
Nov 20, 2019 4:42 PM

Nov 2007
Neji said:
I also wanted to add one thing that from my perspective Taichi has to earn Chihaya's love step by step, which he does his best to do, which Arata has it by default and completely undeserved (what has he done in years for Chihaya to love him to such level).

Umm, Arata changed her life? He practically gave her something for herself to strive for? Are we even following the same story here?

And what do you mean by undeserved? So, you have to be something to deserve someone's love? Good luck with that!

Neji said:
I love the underdog who puts his all for the cause, but I also think that Chihaya as character doesn't deserve him. She is good looking, but a complete moron, so I myself a little confused on this one. Too bad there are no other good female characters for Taichi.

Alright. I hope your Taichi finds another girl off the story. OFF SCREEN. Because you clearly don't like Chihaya and none can hold a candle to your Ore-sama Taichi, right? Also, since she is not good enough for your Taichi, you should have thought twice before putting it like that. Your Taichi is at fault here, for suffering for a girl that you don't think is GOOD ENOUGH for him. That NOT GOOD ENOUGH girl is what your Taichi is wasting his amazing brain-cells for.

You see? That's the problem with Taichi and so called neutral fans of this story.
shanimebibNov 20, 2019 4:48 PM
Coronavirus.
Nov 20, 2019 5:11 PM
Nov 2007
shanimebib said:
Neji said:
I also wanted to add one thing that from my perspective Taichi has to earn Chihaya's love step by step, which he does his best to do, which Arata has it by default and completely undeserved (what has he done in years for Chihaya to love him to such level).

Umm, Arata changed her life? He practically gave her something for herself to strive for? Are we even following the same story here?

And what do you mean by undeserved? So, you have to be something to deserve someone's love? Good luck with that!

Neji said:
I love the underdog who puts his all for the cause, but I also think that Chihaya as character doesn't deserve him. She is good looking, but a complete moron, so I myself a little confused on this one. Too bad there are no other good female characters for Taichi.

Alright. I hope your Taichi finds another girl off the story. OFF SCREEN. Because you clearly don't like Chihaya and none can hold a candle to your Ore-sama Taichi, right? Also, since she is not good enough for your Taichi, you should have thought twice before putting it like that. Your Taichi is at fault here, for suffering for a girl that you don't think is GOOD ENOUGH for him. That NOT GOOD ENOUGH girl is what your Taichi is wasting his amazing brain-cells for.

You see? That's the problem with Taichi and so called neutral fans of this story.

Lol hi there old timer. I saw we joined MAL around same time in 2007. View expressed above is just my opinion about a show that I enjoy, so no need get worked up about some guys opinion and honestly I stopped reading after the first paragraph, when you said "Arata changed her life". He taught her a game and she will love him her entire life, sounds fare to me lol.
Nov 20, 2019 5:14 PM

Nov 2007
Neji said:
shanimebib said:

Lol hi there old timer. I saw we joined MAL around same time in 2007. View expressed above is just my opinion about a show that I enjoy, so no need get worked up about some guys opinion and honestly I stopped reading after the first paragraph, when you said "Arata changed her life". He taught her a game and she will love him her entire life, sounds fare to me lol.

Good thing your didn't read the ranting part! Might have been a bit harsh.

Peace~ Peace~
Coronavirus.
Nov 20, 2019 9:57 PM

Oct 2012
Wow...

Taichi and Arata are just 2 highschool boys.....

And both of them have a nice and less nice side.

I guess it's a bit from this chapter that we discover Arata's less nice side. The side where he looks down on others and gets jealous. His "Chihaya doesn't belong to no one" was like he was saying "she doesn't belong to you" and his little conversation with Yuu also showed that he's not taking her efforts in consideration but she didn't let herself get worked up about it. But heck, I was happy about this all. Arata isn't the "perfect, shining god" some want him to be. He's just human and it felt good to see him act like a 17 year old boy not really knowing what he's going through! This is when I like Arata best and find him interesting....seeing different facets of a character makes them so much more exciting.

Then Taichi.....he's also only 17 years old.....he must have felt really bad after that loss..... it's hard to control your feelings of defeat at that age. He's actually doesn't say anything about what he wants to anyone: his mother would totally freak out, his friends probably would have stopped him. But this is probably the first time Taichi wants to do something for himself solely, without the team, Chihaya or what his mother wants. Maybe he's not doing it "the right way" but heck haven't we all done weird, not always reasonable things at 17? He is most evidently struggling with himself......just like Arata even if I prefer Taichi. Taichi is the character that surprised me most in this story and made me root for him.

A part of Taichi's 17 year old tourment, is also Chihaya's tourment and will force her to start growing up as well.

This season of the anime will cover such a great part of the story!
chiakimagotoNov 20, 2019 10:17 PM
Nov 20, 2019 10:12 PM
Nov 2019
Hey what happened to the voice actor for Chihaya and Harada in the second half? Why were they changed?
Nov 20, 2019 10:22 PM

Oct 2012
Chihaya still has the same voice actress: Seto, Asami. I guess she matured in those 6 years break between S2 and 3.

Harada sensei's former VA, passed away.....like Miyauchi's as well.....so he has a new VA.....
chiakimagotoNov 20, 2019 10:26 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.