Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 26, 2019 6:42 PM

Jan 2008
Man, am I ever super happy to see the continuation of this series, and highlighting their middle school years gap that was never animated before, even if it was for just a bit. I especially liked the simplified refresher animation of how the game was played. And it was nice seeing Sakurazawa Midori again, one my favorite characters...even Chihaya can't help but heart-throb at her.

Noticed Dr Harada sounded totally different, then read that his old voice actor passed away last year, famous for voicing so many iconic characters in many great series. Rest in peace, Unshou Ishizuka.

No ending theme for the first episode... A Little disappointed that Seto Asami isn't going to be singing for the ED like she did for the previous two seasons.
Estoy_GordoOct 26, 2019 6:47 PM
Oct 27, 2019 7:40 AM

Nov 2018
Nice to see this show back, good episode.
Oct 29, 2019 11:15 AM

Jul 2009
Team TAICHI~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oct 30, 2019 2:29 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:
Solid start! Right here’s my AOTS, so glad to see this back honestly ~

It’s amazing how casual and natural this episode felt in relation to the previous seasons despite the long gap. Mad props to MadHouse for this, and the improvement in the animation while retaining the original artstyle is a real treat! Here’s to hoping they’ll manage to retain it through the whole season.

Chihaya is back and is as obsessed as ever but it was pleasing to see some more of her cute side (love talk, that kawaii onigiri eating and pouts in response to Tachi’s victory scenes in particular ), good to see lol. Meanwhile, the other characters have their special charms and quirks in check too so that’s another great feature to see! What really makes this series standout for me is the Character Progressions and we’re already off to a wonderful start in that Department, hyped for what’s to come next!

Also, really glad to see some real focus on Taichi too! I can’t wait for an official match between the two now! Damn, that was some intensive training though I’ve to say. I had a feeling the Fujisaki Coach was a great player in her time but jeez five times runners up is pretty mind blowing. Looks like she’s got the right advices up her sleeves too, Rion will most certainly become one of the most fearsome rival over time. Lol, I find it hilarious how dense she is when it comes to Romance as well though.

No Arata this episode but I’ve a feeling last episode’s final moments assures that he’ll have a bigger role this season. While I’m rooting for Taichi’s ship to sail, I want the three of them to reunite and spend more time together so here’s to hoping we get some more of that.

Can’t wait for more! Next couple of weeks with a couple episodes each is seriously a blessing.

"Want to go to the beach or something", lmfao!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 1, 2019 12:50 PM
Oct 2007
One of the best series that have graced the anime scene even from way back then have return! Can't wait to watch more. First episode feels very nostalgic!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2019 10:23 PM

Aug 2014
I was actually impressed by that recap sequence; felt poetic.

I now wish all future recap episodes ever to be in that style. (won't happen though lol)
Nov 2, 2019 11:59 PM

Dec 2014
really liked how the season started with all the beginnings...the feels...so glad it is back
Nov 4, 2019 12:40 AM

Jun 2015
It's finally here... I thought there won't be any anime adaptation anymore. As much as I'm grateful, but please don't rush the pace too much.
Nov 4, 2019 5:48 AM

Jun 2016
bruhh .. i cant wait anymore for next episode ..
Chiaya vs Ex Queen 6
Nov 10, 2019 3:06 PM
May 2012
Ahhh...it has been 6 years. I really missed this Anime. Perfect timing to air season 3.
STILL TEAM TAICHI!!!
Nov 17, 2019 5:55 PM

Apr 2014
can't believe it's been so many years since the last season came out. i honestly do not even remember what happened in previous seasons but hopefully i'll be able to keep up haha
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2019 8:37 AM

Oct 2013
Cool start. Chihaya was cute as always, Hyoro was even more awkward than usual. ;D I didn't expect Rion to be addicted to rice, lol.

Sakurazawa-sensei is a beautiful and tough coach, but surely she knows what to do in order to improve a player's skills.

I started watching this series a while ago, but I see there has been 6 years since Season 2 ended, so in other words there was a 6 years long break between Season 2 and 3. I'm glad this anime's unique atmosphere, music and art style, present in the previous episodes, were preserved.

I'm curious how the story is gonna evolve from now on. I'm glad this episode was not a recap, but had a brief, several minutes long reminder about what happened earlier. Everything in dynamic and pleasant to an eye form.
Jan 26, 2020 7:35 AM
Jun 2013
From episode 1 all the way to season 3 and i still cannot stand Taichi. I don't like anything about him, honestly. I wanna see more Arata, though.
Apr 4, 2020 6:10 PM

Apr 2016
It looks like the 1 minute long opening tradition is still being continued. The flashbacks at the beginning were kinda stupid but the rest of the episode was amazing. The animation and the art strikingly resemble Chihayafuru 2 as well and it's been what, around 7 years since it aired? Very impressive.

Lol @ everyone's faces when Sakurazawa gave Chihaya special treatment.

Overall a great start! Looking forward to seeing what these two cours have to offer.
May 4, 2020 12:01 PM
Feb 2016
Kind of of boring episode. There doesn't really seem to be much disscusion going on the forums anymore. Not suprising that it took 6 years for a third instalment of Chihayafuru,which means that a lot of people just forgot about it.

Anyways,they did address that Taichi playes a lot better when chihaya isn't around,but it's then contradicted by the coach saying that chihaya is the only one to give him the final push ? Wondering how this is going to play out.

Don't really know why the coach telling her to keep a proper posture was supposed to be a breath taking moment. This was already mentioned in season 1 and 2 with the kimonos and Oe San wearing a wooden support in order to keep her back straight.

They never really showed who won which is odd and I'm wondering how the pink haired chick is able to become better when she's borderline autistic about the card reader and gets thrown off when her opponent gets injured.
Aug 30, 2020 6:43 AM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
That episode gave me serious whiplash. I like Chihayafuru a lot but that just did not feel like a first episode even if it is the third season. I dunno, I just expected something a little more like them practicising in the club room or at least some sort of scene with them talking about going to the training camp. It just launched right into it and the whole vibe of this episode felt kinda frantic.

Not a great first episode, it was fine. Hope this season ends up being as good as the previous two.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Nov 16, 2020 12:21 PM
Jan 2017
It is weird that this show gives us karuta explanation in the 3rd season which was probably more needed in 1st season when no one had any idea about what this sport was.Now when all viewers at this stage already know the rules.This show provides explanation to it.

It looks like thanks to highly intense S2 this episode suddenly felt a bit slow.It is just start of S3 so show will take some eps to reach tournament matches I guess.

Otherwise it was a very good episode as usual.It is kind of hard to believe that there was 6 yr gap between S2 and S3. The show just rolled over quite smoothly from one season to another despite such long break.This is quite incredible to see.
Mar 25, 2021 1:38 AM

Aug 2018
And now the 3rd season, let's see what will happen now, very good chapter, things will be interesting.
The opening is very good and good detail that they have put scenes of the 1st and 2nd season as a summary.
Apr 16, 2021 11:49 AM

Aug 2015
Taichi is much more talented than we might think. I'm looking forward to seeing his potential show itself.

Of course, I can't wait for Chihaya's hand to heal so we can see her true level.
May 4, 2021 12:17 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I’m just sitting here trying to imagine how surreal it must have been for the fans to finally be watching the continuation to this story that they’ve been waiting 6 years for; and having it meet beyond their expectations. Sure the whole series is highly acclaimed as a whole, but if this first episode is any indication, I think I’m in for one hell of a treat of a final season.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 14, 2021 10:13 AM

Jul 2015
Seeing that opening really made me feel nostalgic, I'm really glad that after 6 years they finally released season 3 of this masterpiece. Starting things off with a training camp and Chihaya already learned quite a bunch, I kinda wish we saw a bit of Taichi vs Chihaya but I guess we just have to wait for an official match between them.

Oct 3, 2021 3:42 AM

Feb 2019
Awesome start to the third season ^^

Chihaya being excited/confused about Girls' Talk while Rion in the back is still happy about her senpai asking her (and others lol) out to the beach in the hopes of getting friends was really hilarious lol

I feel this first episode has been really funny, except for the last part which got serious. Despite Rion beating her in all three matches, she continually improved using her left hand. Chihaya is terrifying. And that advice from Sakurazawa-sensei. I guess she believes that Ayase is a future Queen, but so far she hasn't seen that from anyone on the Fujisaki team.

But dang, Mashima is a monster this time around. He did not lose a single match, even against Chihaya? Just goes to show how much hard work, resolution, brains, and confidence Mashima can muster. He might not have as much inborn talent as Chihaya and Arata, but he can catch up in his own way. I guess this is the first time since high school started that Mashima beat Chihaya? Chihaya wasn't too happy about that lol

And Sakurazawa-sensei seems to like Mashima too. She's a really amazing karuta trainer. I like her.

Can't wait to watch yet another season of this amazing series!
Apr 23, 2022 5:10 PM
Jul 2013
Sakurazawa sensei is an interesting character, I hope she's not here for just one episode.
Feb 14, 2023 9:49 PM
Nov 2020
no outro? either way glad to be back
Apr 14, 2023 6:15 AM

Jul 2016
Considering how much of a karuta freak Chihaya is, Taichi might finally get noticed by her if he actually catches up to her lmao

Wonder how much stronger Team Mizusawa would be if they had a coach like Sakurazawa. She's awesome.
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Apr 2014
Still can't believe we got 3rd season after all these years.. Glad I'm still around to witness it. <3
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2020

185 by chiakimagoto »»
Aug 11, 2023 11:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.