Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 15, 2019 10:11 PM
Feb 2019
I am really happy to watch this. Because the main protagonist is a girl (and also real girl) ^-^
Oct 15, 2019 10:31 PM

Oct 2008
Master Buten DBZ Reference made this episode a win for me!
5/5.

Oct 16, 2019 5:30 AM
Mar 2017
Rx8391kmh said:
woah seriously the anime adaptation has some nerve to make that quite twisted story line far from how the LN suppose to be (including those filler in ep1), the comic adaptation also skipping some stories in it but still making those entire volume 1 story from LN part become past main key story (hope this part appears in ep3). but this, especially that golem fight and the place that golem appeared that supposed to be still far ahead in LN way after their graduation from hunter's school arc that should be one of key to the future story with some epic story telling on how they figure out the methode to defeat it with both Mile & Maevis team work that still no one knows how to, become it's a simple mobs coming out of nowhere in anime. Same with how Mile fixing Maevis's sword as well. And stone thumb flicking that mile used also absent from when they hunt those rabbits.

apart from all of that, it's still fun and interesting story with light joke in it for anyone who's not following the LN. Let's see how the producer twisting more and more stories for later ep combining early part of the LN and later part into 1 story with new filler and story line with it, also will this adaptation will entirely be a cute funny adventure type or bit some twisted dark and cutely gruesome personality.

frustration note : what's with that Nanomachine!! seriously it should be freaking tiny round shape machine like robot, but end up with that animal fairy doll looking with word N in its forehead! come on seriously!? (it'll become no way in slightest that it has any connections with how the story about this kind of Nanomachine will tell us in future)

This is one of the thing that bothers me, but not only that, the progression of the storyline and the level didn't make sense. It's like they started in a stage 1 and after clearing the stage, they went to a stage 5 or 8 instead of going to stage 2 and next to 3. Not only that, the fight against the Golem was pretty hollow or close to boring for not having emotion impact in this scene.

The thing that i can accept is the rabbit, wich was interesting decision to make the other girls evolve, however they miss the scene where Miles beats/kills the rabbits with little stones, wich was really cool or having both scenes in the episode.
Oct 16, 2019 12:48 PM

Sep 2016
And this was supposed to be bad.
I love shit like this.
bruh
Oct 16, 2019 6:05 PM

Jul 2015
This anime reminds me of one of Kenja no Mago, in that MC here has a whole lot of incredible power, but her upbringing has led to her not quite knowing what normal is in the world. It reminds me of it, but cuter and not as ridiculously stupid. And it surprises me that there aren't more isekai like this, as in, just ones with all female casts like other genres. Anyway, this is fun, I like it, look forward to more.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 16, 2019 8:09 PM
Dec 2015
Loving watching the series be Animated. Been following the Light Novels for a while.

Episode 2 is a lot more faithful to the LN volume 1 then Episode 1 which was completely original, but I feel as a result it does kinda suffer from the authors original unsureness of what they wanted from a series. Looking forward to seeing more of the Crimson Vows adventures.
Oct 16, 2019 11:39 PM

Jun 2019
That Dragon Ball and Doraemon references make me laugh! πŸ˜‚
Oct 17, 2019 1:05 AM

Feb 2019
kyoudai said:
After watching episode 1, I thought “well, it’s still better than the Arifureta adaptation…” Now I’m not so sure. I realize that adapting prose to a visual medium such as anime requires changes to be made, but many of the ones so far have not really improved the story. At best, they might make it slightly more accessible to viewers who are new to the series.

I would encourage those who are enjoying the anime (and even those who are not) to read the light novel as well. If things continue as the first 2 episodes have gone, the anime will be a pale shadow of the LN, likely as much a letdown as Arifureta was. At least the art is better.

@Rx8391kmh – Don’t forget that the kidnapping in episode 1 was from volume 7 of the LN, which only came out a couple months ago (in North America anyway). And it happened to a different girl. In a different country. And that Arledy is a completely new anime-only character. Probably there are quite a few other differences that I didn’t notice as well. I haven’t read the early volumes in a while.

QuattroVaginas said:
Going wild with the references. I underestimated this show, this episode was a lot more fun. Seems the best isekai are those with female MCs.
It’s definitely one of my favorite light novels. FUNA wrote another good one (available in English) called I Shall Survive Using Potions, also with a female MC and the same sort of tone and plenty of references as well. I don’t know whether there are plans to adapt it to anime, but check out the LN. You can read the first part of each volume for free at the publisher’s site that I linked.

@Superns18 – Probably, but the female cast makes it quite a bit different from the typical isekai series that carries itself largely on fan service. I’m getting a bit tired of reading isekai light novels myself, and wish they would publish some other stuff too, but I really enjoy reading this one.

the LN falls off after vol 5 unfortunately which is common with FUNA
Oct 17, 2019 5:14 AM
⚧ | ζ„›γ¨εΉ³ε’Œ

Oct 2010
Superns18 said:

That's a popular opinion, though it depends on what you're expecting from it. I had hoped that this new plotline that started emerging a couple volumes ago would be explored a little further, a little faster, but I didn't find the last couple volumes to be a letdown. It's certainly not like Potions where, at the end of volume 2, I thought "Um, ok. The story is done. Is there any reason for volume 3?" Abilities is a lot more character-driven than other light novel series I've read, so I'm still enjoying it.
βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£β€„βœ£
Oct 17, 2019 3:21 PM

Aug 2015
Really thought it was gonna be a really mediocre isekai that I would drop in 3 episodes like the rest, but tbh so far I'm enjoying it.

The second episode was WAY better than the first one which seemed to have really bad pacing and even confusing writing, but now that they got most explanations down, it seems like they nailed most of the humor scenes and interactions between the main cast.

Mile trying real hard to be average and making all the references really got a laugh out of me.

I also can't seem to stop listening to the OP, it's really charming with the little dance sequences and the music is extremely catchy!

Oct 17, 2019 5:10 PM

Oct 2017
Not feeling it. Loved the first ep but it didn't work for me this time around. I'll stick with it. Looks like it will be a one of those comedies that is really hit or miss episode to episode for me, like Machikado Mazoku last season.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Oct 18, 2019 2:19 AM
Feb 2018
So far I'd give episode 1 3.5/5 and this one a solid 5/5. The comedy elements and the lightheartedness is sticking well with me. She's trying to not stand out but she's just so overpowered that she's not going to be able to live an average life. I have a feeling that the characters adventures are going to be first priority over the story which will be okay if it continues down the right path.
Oct 18, 2019 1:08 PM
Jan 2018
kyoudai said:
Superns18 said:

That's a popular opinion, though it depends on what you're expecting from it. I had hoped that this new plotline that started emerging a couple volumes ago would be explored a little further, a little faster, but I didn't find the last couple volumes to be a letdown. It's certainly not like Potions where, at the end of volume 2, I thought "Um, ok. The story is done. Is there any reason for volume 3?" Abilities is a lot more character-driven than other light novel series I've read, so I'm still enjoying it.

Wasn't vol 5 mainly short stories though with the actual plot only happeing in the last chapter or so .

As the volumes are usually quests the girls go on which are pretty fun and amusing to read

Also what's with the shoehorning the villianes into the series thought she would be just a one off . And also making what seems like Roaring Mythrils look like lackys
Mattinator95Oct 19, 2019 4:11 AM
Oct 18, 2019 10:16 PM

Jan 2011
This series is quite the easy watch.
Oct 20, 2019 1:07 PM
Jan 2019
This anime looks promising, it's funny just like the protagonist Mile 😁. I didn't expect those references to Master Roshi from "Dragon Ball", hahaha πŸ˜‚. The isekais of this season have not disappointed me.
Oct 21, 2019 1:13 PM

Oct 2017
References:
- Ace Attorney
- Berserk
- Dragonball
- Yuru Camp

any other?
Oct 21, 2019 10:26 PM

Jul 2014
Those beautiful Dragon Ball and Doraemon references lol.
Oct 27, 2019 3:34 AM

Jul 2015
I was hyped for the Ace Attorney reference I read they were gonna do this episode, but what I sure as hell didn't expect is a motherfucking Legend of the Galactic Heroes one right after, good shit.

Why this anime is nice is a family secret.
Oct 29, 2019 7:07 AM

Aug 2018
I like the op, and the episode as a whole. It's interesting and funny.
I loved Mile's Dragon Ball face, and her Muten Roshi-Sama training for Mavis. Good references.
Oct 31, 2019 10:57 AM

Sep 2014
Love me some dragonball references.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 3, 2019 8:36 PM

Oct 2010
Pauline reminded me of Raphiel from Gabriel Dropout. She ‘acts’ proper, but she always has a plan in her head.

There’s so many references here that I actually enjoyed XD Ace Attorney, DBZ, maybe more? (didn’t catch it)

Good Isekai anime so far :)
Dec 25, 2019 8:59 AM

Nov 2013
The main girl is fucking annoying. She is so overpowered i hate her.
Dec 31, 2019 9:30 PM

Aug 2018
The episode was good but goddamm the sword girl looks like Kurapika πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Apr 14, 2020 12:35 AM

Jul 2015
Dragon ball references and an Ace attorney reference spotted

So far I love the silly jokes and the self-conscience of this anime, Mile is quite the ditz lol

Feb 6, 2021 2:08 PM
Jun 2020
Some nice references in this episode.
Apr 19, 2021 2:19 AM

Sep 2012
i just enjoy watching character who doesn't want to stand out making himself/herself stand out (but end up doing the opposite) just like her and this guy lol
https://myanimelist.net/character/154512/Iruma_Suzuki

dose it mean i am low key sadist? lol
Sugram22May 20, 2022 11:23 AM
Jun 1, 2021 2:47 PM

Feb 2020
So many "secret family techniques." :P

SerafosDec 10, 2023 11:17 AM
Sep 14, 2021 7:53 PM
Jul 2021
Lmao, I seriously don't understand why she wants to hide it so bad. She died, and got reincarnated and somehow she started strong. And I DEFINITELY don't see wanting to hide it! I might not show ALL I could do but being OP would be amazing lol
Mar 20, 2022 11:33 AM

May 2008
Ok, the horned bunnies were cute, but in these parts we call 'em "Jackalopes"

The idea to train up her team members so she didn't stand out was a good idea, but she trained them up strong enough to take on a "Rock Golem" or three and now they all stand out.

Weak planning girl.
Jan 11, 7:18 PM
Nov 2023
This story is so funny. I love it. I love how she strives to have an average happy life yet can't help but to standout even more. She is so cute. She is so over powered that no one would believe how powerful she really is. Also she is really touchy about her breast size, no pun intended)
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

125 by Vosson12564_cool »»
Mar 4, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2019

89 by Old_Fart_61 »»
Jan 11, 7:29 PM

» Where do I pick up the light novel after the anime?

neil - Dec 23, 2019

8 by abyss_will »»
Dec 12, 2023 11:22 AM

» will this ever get a second season?

go1d1eaf - May 22, 2021

17 by NiQ1 »»
Oct 4, 2023 1:33 AM

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2019

117 by Saxanka »»
Sep 26, 2023 9:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.