Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 14, 2019 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mile's personality is quite cute the more I watch her in this series.

It looks like the show continues to follow the fantasy isekai trend with party gimmicks. Oh and can't forget about quests that needs to be completed. Mile has some useful sensing abilities if you ask me. She's also pretty damn good with a sword, even compared to Mavis.
Oct 14, 2019 9:03 AM

Apr 2016
Why is the 14 years old the one with the biggest chest ?
Oct 14, 2019 9:10 AM

Aug 2013
Did I notice a Dragon Ball reference XD.

Anyways, Mile is pretty OP with all the abilities she has.

Like the OP.

Oct 14, 2019 9:13 AM
Jan 2019
Mile is so cute being a ditz. the song she sang for Marcelina though <3
loved this ep
Oct 14, 2019 9:17 AM

Oct 2017
Looks like this could get a parody tag too, spot a few references in there haha
Oct 14, 2019 9:23 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Mile tries so hard to be average, but she ends up showing everyone how OP she really is.
Oct 14, 2019 9:24 AM

Nov 2014
That was pretty funny. Comedy based on her being OP works quite well imo. I just hope they don't run out of jokes at this rate.
Mile's character is also fun. Ditzy, but not too stupid and with some nice quirks.
Nice references too.

This anime can turn out quite well.
Oct 14, 2019 9:38 AM

Dec 2015
this anime dont have an thing even little close to LN ( i dont know about WN ) but it funny af, and when she upside down i think it's an reference from deka ranger deka green ? but well even it don't even have a thing close to LN but i still really like this with so much references LOL

Swagernator said:

because she have hormones develop early, it not only an thing in anime only but in real life too, i have seen a bunch of girl like that especially in vietnam the country i live and this not to mention females start develop from the age of 10 ~ 12 years onwards sooner than males that develop from the age of 15+
Oct 14, 2019 10:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
What a great episode, it was really funny.
Mile reminds me so much of Saiki because she's OP and tries to be average haha.
The dragon ball references were awesome.
Oct 14, 2019 10:27 AM

Nov 2016
Muten Roshi sama xD

Was another fun episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 14, 2019 10:58 AM
Nov 2018
I'm starting to love this anime. It's just so funny. Pretty good animation and I really like Mile's personality. How she is trying to be normal, but it's just impossible for her. Eaven throughout this anime don't have proper storyline I found it interesting.
Oct 14, 2019 11:02 AM

Nov 2017
dragonball, nice
Oct 14, 2019 11:05 AM
Jun 2010
They are really taking liberty with this animated series, making it a parody of anime. I don't know how I feel about the series, since I am always a fan of comedy.
Oct 14, 2019 11:21 AM

Nov 2015
Looks like this is not an adaptation after all: the studio is just using the novels as reference material.

Still fun to watch tho
Oct 14, 2019 11:31 AM
Jun 2010
Pretty much. It's not bad considering the fact that I do enjoy some of the comedy, but it really remove some of the more serious aspect of the series that was just as enjoyable.
Oct 14, 2019 11:35 AM

May 2015
It's quite enjoyable, the world doesn't look so bad. The dynamics between girls is cute, pretty fun to see the forming of their friendship in such a setting without them revolving around some guy.

The danger in this anime seems pretty low scale. If it keeps like this it could be just a fun relaxing anime. Surprisingly, I don't see anything annoying here so far.
Oct 14, 2019 11:55 AM
Jun 2009
It was unexpectedly funny. I laughed so hard at DBZ reference.
Oct 14, 2019 12:00 PM
Jun 2009
OkamiRenki said:
this anime dont have an thing even little close to LN ( i dont know about WN ) but it funny af, and when she upside down i think it's an reference from deka ranger deka green ? but well even it don't even have a thing close to LN but i still really like this with so much references LOL

Swagernator said:

because she have hormones develop early, it not only an thing in anime only but in real life too, i have seen a bunch of girl like that especially in vietnam the country i live and this not to mention females start develop from the age of 10 ~ 12 years onwards sooner than males that develop from the age of 15+

Indeed. About 10 years ago I befriended a girl who was 13 at that time, and her tits were rockin. she looked like a 17y.o. girl.
Oct 14, 2019 12:37 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Now thats quite the classmates that Mile ended with. Still the intro sure proved to be quite entertaining. Mile really has quite the imagination though. Even when not using magic Adele's skills are quite impressive. Though a tad unusual the doll that Mile created sure had quite an impressive quality to it. The tea party slash interrogation sure proved to be quite the fun scene. The quest though sure proved to be an interesting experience for the girls both in showing the lack of experience they have as well as providing an opportunity to allow Mile to provide advice with the sword training being the best one due to the dragon ball z ref. Miles magic versatility is quite impressive both in terms of combat magic and utility magic. The fight between the girls and the golem sure featured some impressive teamwork on the girls part. Overall a strong ep that not only featured a good blend of comedy and action but also did well to expand upon each of the girls as they warmed to Mile in their own ways. Miles though is just soo cute.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2019 12:38 PM

Mar 2018
The story really interests me ngl
And I also kind of like the setting

But the whole loli jokes are just.. Not funny? Also weird how she is 12 while some are like 17 or even older I guess.

How the whole ranking system works here is also a bit unclear. If C Hunter parties are barely able to take down one golem, why is the only reaction for newbies beating three "eeeeeeeeeehhhh"

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 14, 2019 12:46 PM

Jul 2014
Another pretty fun episode. The OP is fun too, I love the dance part, especially the WA HO WA HO <3... and POSE!

Episode 2 and Miles is already showing her underwear. xD

How the fuck this cutie didn't have any friends in her past life? <3 <3 <3

I loved how Miles went full Dragon Ball.

And remember, it's all a secret family technique.
SkyLETVOct 14, 2019 12:51 PM
Oct 14, 2019 12:56 PM

Mar 2019
Mile is getting cuter, she sure has a lot of secret techniques in her family haha
Reminds me of Saiki sometimes
Very funny episode with dragon ball and ace attorney references
Oct 14, 2019 1:07 PM

Jan 2016
Watching this MC try really hard to be normal is really cute hahaa

Also lmfao that dragonball training
Oct 14, 2019 2:02 PM

Aug 2015
Swagernator said:
𝅸𝅳𝅴𝅸𝅳𝅴𝅸𝅳𝅴𝅸𝅳𝅴𝅸𝅳𝅴𝅸𝅳𝅴𝅸𝅳𝅴𝅸𝅳𝅴𝅸𝅳𝅴𝅸𝅳𝅴𝅸𝅳𝅴𝅸𝅳𝅴
Oct 14, 2019 2:06 PM

Dec 2015
SkyLETV said:
Another pretty fun episode. The OP is fun too, I love the dance part, especially the WA HO WA HO <3... and POSE!

Episode 2 and Miles is already showing her underwear. xD

How the fuck this cutie didn't have any friends in her past life? <3 <3 <3

I loved how Miles went full Dragon Ball.

And remember, it's all a secret family technique.

about that, well
OkamiRenkiOct 14, 2019 2:12 PM
Oct 14, 2019 2:17 PM

Sep 2017
It is a lot better than the manga adaptation, which I guess is more faithful to the original LN. All the funny references simply make it a lot less generic than it would otherwise have been.
Oct 14, 2019 2:36 PM
Apr 2013
Haha, the Ace Atturney and Dragonball references were strong in this one. Really enjoyable episode, if they flesh out the other 3 girls it might actually go up to 8 points. For now it stays at low 7 and looking forward to next week.
Oct 14, 2019 2:36 PM
Apr 2013
Haha, the Ace Atturney and Dragonball references were strong in this one. Really enjoyable episode, if they flesh out the other 3 girls it might actually go up to 8 points. For now it stays at low 7 and looking forward to next week.
Oct 14, 2019 2:49 PM

Apr 2015
The dragon ball references XD

This really seems fun so far, not ground breaking but quite enjoyable. Mile is quite the ditz but so lovelable.. also her previous self was such a damn cutie.
Oct 14, 2019 2:57 PM

Mar 2013
It is a shame they're going for an anime original story but I can still enjoy it. At least when I can get more volumes of the manga I have a different timeline to look forward to.

PS poor bunny things
RiotstarterOct 14, 2019 3:02 PM
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Oct 14, 2019 3:32 PM

Jul 2015
CeddyyBearr said:
The dragon ball references XD

This really seems fun so far, not ground breaking but quite enjoyable. Mile is quite the ditz but so lovelable.. also her previous self was such a damn cutie.

Agreed, It's only episode 2 and I'm loving this so far!
Oct 14, 2019 3:38 PM

Mar 2017
Swagernator said:

Pretty normal some girls have big and some don't IRL.
Oct 14, 2019 4:20 PM

Feb 2017
Pauline almost feels like she joined the school to try and exploit Mile useful skills.
Oct 14, 2019 4:39 PM
Feb 2009
these girls are too young lol
Oct 14, 2019 4:42 PM

Oct 2007
enjoyed it, some bonding time for party members. I guess Mile trained them enough to be able to defeat a golem. Oh, and funny when she created a nendoroid to say problems to. :D

looking forward to next week
Oct 14, 2019 5:03 PM

Oct 2012
Oh hey more flat boob jokes, everyone's favorite...

This really isn't enjoyable for me. I am steps away from feeling physical pain watching this MC bungle through social interactions, and the over the top "oh no i must freak out because now I'm not looking normal" is just...dumb? I think I'm just getting too old for this shit. This is a drop.

I smirked at the DBZ and Ace Attorney references at least from how unexpected they were.
Oct 14, 2019 5:39 PM

Jan 2011
unexpected DBZ and OBJECTION references

this show is okay got some laughs doesn't look like it's gonna be taking it self seriously so that's fine for what it's trying to be

enjoyed the girls being mad suspect of MC the whole time meanwhile me last week thinking Pauline was in her early 20s is going through some serious what the fuck anime logic moment ,though it's funny behind that kind face shes just scheming about MC usefulness
Oct 14, 2019 5:42 PM

Oct 2015
I think the karate kid and Jackie Chan's Snake in the eagle shadow, were also referenced on that training parody.

To me this is good, I'm loving this show right now and characters. I like how Mile is concealing her powers and identity to not stand out, but situations force her to. It gets more interesting by each episode.

That cliffhanger got me tingled a bit.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 14, 2019 6:16 PM

Dec 2018
Ok, I don't know why they decided that adapt the original material was not the best idea and they decided that doing NOT an adaptation with reference was the best idea, when the story itself was different enough to be worth showing, but I don't know the truth, I want an adaptation like Re: zero (although I hate the light novel) it is very much to be wish :/
Oct 14, 2019 6:37 PM

May 2010
Doraemon is not happy with this thread.
Oct 14, 2019 7:46 PM
Oct 2019
woah seriously the anime adaptation has some nerve to make that quite twisted story line far from how the LN suppose to be (including those filler in ep1), the comic adaptation also skipping some stories in it but still making those entire volume 1 story from LN part become past main key story (hope this part appears in ep3). but this, especially that golem fight and the place that golem appeared that supposed to be still far ahead in LN way after their graduation from hunter's school arc that should be one of key to the future story with some epic story telling on how they figure out the methode to defeat it with both Mile & Maevis team work that still no one knows how to, become it's a simple mobs coming out of nowhere in anime. Same with how Mile fixing Maevis's sword as well. And stone thumb flicking that mile used also absent from when they hunt those rabbits.

apart from all of that, it's still fun and interesting story with light joke in it for anyone who's not following the LN. Let's see how the producer twisting more and more stories for later ep combining early part of the LN and later part into 1 story with new filler and story line with it, also will this adaptation will entirely be a cute funny adventure type or bit some twisted dark and cutely gruesome personality.

frustration note : what's with that Nanomachine!! seriously it should be freaking tiny round shape machine like robot, but end up with that animal fairy doll looking with word N in its forehead! come on seriously!? (it'll become no way in slightest that it has any connections with how the story about this kind of Nanomachine will tell us in future)
Rx8391kmhOct 14, 2019 7:54 PM
Oct 14, 2019 8:25 PM

Aug 2014
Going wild with the references. I underestimated this show, this episode was a lot more fun. Seems the best isekai are those with female MCs.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 14, 2019 8:46 PM

Feb 2019
this series is gonna be so underrated because people are tired of isekai
Oct 14, 2019 8:49 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
After watching episode 1, I thought “well, it’s still better than the Arifureta adaptation…” Now I’m not so sure. I realize that adapting prose to a visual medium such as anime requires changes to be made, but many of the ones so far have not really improved the story. At best, they might make it slightly more accessible to viewers who are new to the series.

I would encourage those who are enjoying the anime (and even those who are not) to read the light novel as well. If things continue as the first 2 episodes have gone, the anime will be a pale shadow of the LN, likely as much a letdown as Arifureta was. At least the art is better.

@Rx8391kmh – Don’t forget that the kidnapping in episode 1 was from volume 7 of the LN, which only came out a couple months ago (in North America anyway). And it happened to a different girl. In a different country. And that Arledy is a completely new anime-only character. Probably there are quite a few other differences that I didn’t notice as well. I haven’t read the early volumes in a while.

QuattroVaginas said:
Going wild with the references. I underestimated this show, this episode was a lot more fun. Seems the best isekai are those with female MCs.
It’s definitely one of my favorite light novels. FUNA wrote another good one (available in English) called I Shall Survive Using Potions, also with a female MC and the same sort of tone and plenty of references as well. I don’t know whether there are plans to adapt it to anime, but check out the LN. You can read the first part of each volume for free at the publisher’s site that I linked.

@Superns18 – Probably, but the female cast makes it quite a bit different from the typical isekai series that carries itself largely on fan service. I’m getting a bit tired of reading isekai light novels myself, and wish they would publish some other stuff too, but I really enjoy reading this one.
kyoudaiOct 14, 2019 8:52 PM
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Oct 14, 2019 8:52 PM

Jan 2014
Is it me or is the voice actor for the teacher the same voice actor for Ainz Ool Gown? Wow, no wonder this girl is so powerful. Sasuga Ainz sama!

Oct 14, 2019 10:15 PM

Jun 2010
OkamiRenki said:

It is much closer to WN than then LN. Like from the last episode, the kidnapping happened in WN but not the LN I think? I didn't follow the LN that much. It was a bit different though. Never the less, I'm happy there is one that follows the WN instead of LN more. LN often cut out some decent interaction.
Oct 15, 2019 3:57 AM

Jun 2013
References are nice especially the Dragon Ball one.
Oct 15, 2019 5:35 AM

Oct 2017
Lol the dragon ball refference. The more Mile's trying not to stand out the more she is standing out. Also damn each time they show Mile's previous self it makes me think that she really was super gorgeous before dying and getting reincarnated as mile. Thou Mile is hella cute rn.
Oct 15, 2019 6:26 AM

May 2018
God I love those references hahaha. I love the ace attorney one :D

Poor MIle. The more she tries not to stand out, she does!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Oct 15, 2019 6:37 AM

Jan 2012
nice isekai <3 heart heart
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

125 by Vosson12564_cool »»
Mar 4, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2019

89 by Old_Fart_61 »»
Jan 11, 7:29 PM

» Where do I pick up the light novel after the anime?

neil - Dec 23, 2019

8 by abyss_will »»
Dec 12, 2023 11:22 AM

» will this ever get a second season?

go1d1eaf - May 22, 2021

17 by NiQ1 »»
Oct 4, 2023 1:33 AM

Poll: » Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2019

117 by Saxanka »»
Sep 26, 2023 9:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.