Forum Settings
Forums

Name some anime that hold a special place in your heart but you wouldn't recommend to everyone

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 7, 2019 11:36 AM

Apr 2017
Detroit Metal City - I've successfully recommended it to 3 people already (who loved it), but you do need to appreciate crude humor and would definitely enjoy it more if you're a fan of metal. Same goes for Inferno Cop, which I didn't love as much, but appreciated its wackiness and cheap-ass look.

To Be Hero - it was so damn weird and cheap-looking, which I'm sure would put a lot of people off before they got to the even better parts. I don't love it per se, but I can respect what it did and how it did it.

Kaleido Star - I can see how most people would think this is childish and full of filler, but it holds a special place in my heart as one of the first anime I ever watched. I like how it's cheesy at times and Sora's idealistic and always-cheerful personality doesn't even get on my nerves the way such a character normally would.
Oct 7, 2019 11:39 AM

Jan 2019
Maja_Kipert said:
Elfen Lied.
People think that Elfen Lied is too edgy and tries too much to be hard ecchi. I always feel shame while talking about favourite animes, only because I really enjoyed Elfen Lied and I think it's really good. One of my favourite animes, but i keep this in secret :)

If you enjoyed it then you should be glad about it :) There's no need to have any shame about your own tastes, as long as they aren't morally repugnant which I'm sure they aren't.

I mean I think Elfen Lied was borderline mediocre at best, but that's just my own opinion. On the other hand I really enjoyed Asobi Asobase and thought it was fucking hilarious but I've showed it to a couple other people also new-ish to anime and they definitely looked at me differently over that recommendation, lol.
Oct 7, 2019 12:02 PM

Jun 2019
1. Koi Kaze

2. Serial Experiments Lain

And by "wouldn't recommend to everyone", it's more like "wouldn't recommend to most people".

There are obviously others, but those are the two definite top ones.

The first because most people are closed-minded and have some form of burning religious, moral/ethical, cultural, or other unidentifiable in origin hatred against all things incest like a deep-seeded taboo from evolutionary programming, and even among the types who could overlook any moral objection to something in their real day-to-day life to appreciate a well-told story, they still probably wouldn't enjoy or get as much out of it on anything approaching the same level of love and relishing I have for it, so it would be misunderstood and wasted on them.

I truly believe that transgressive romance stories are best able to be enjoyed by people who already can't find satisfaction in or don't see the appeal in a more normal relationship or romantic life, so this anime seems tailor-designed to filter out more mainstream people ("normies") who allow more prejudicial views of everything including incest to dictate their life.

Serial Experiments Lain is just too slow, esoteric, and inaccessible for most audiences. It's more an examination of niche scientific theories about consciousness and communication and philosophical concepts through introspective character study than a plot-driven story and if you're just in it to view another anime and not deeply interested in the topics it covers, it will probably be too boring, stilted, and unengaging for you.

After literally thousands of films, TV shows (including anime), books, games, and every other type of media, it's the first and only thing to date I had to view and experience twice to understand in a coherent and rewarding way. Usually I dismiss all comments about "having to watch/read/listen to something twice or multiple times to understand and appreciate it". This is the first time in my life I found it to be true. I love a lot of obscure historical and scientific minutiae people find dry and tedious, but this takes the cake for maybe the most dense collection of inaccessible ideas ever put to screen.
WatchTillTandavaOct 7, 2019 12:10 PM
Oct 7, 2019 5:55 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
The 90s Sailor Moon anime is definitely this for me.
I still like re-watching it every now and then, but it's not easy to recommend to people, because:
  • some people don't like old-looking shows
  • literally nearly half of the show is filler (don't believe me? click here to see a list of filler eps)
  • 200 eps
  • some people apparently find Chibiusa annoying
Oct 7, 2019 6:09 PM

Apr 2016
Aldnoah.Zero

Interesting setting where astronauts discovered powerful tech on the moon and used it to establish their own empire in space; cold war between the Empire and Earth. A compelling story about a bunch of normies just trying to survive the war. Great at building a tense atmosphere. The enemy mecha are defeated in a more tactical manner than usual.

The pacing slows down a little during the middle of the first season. A lot of people didn't like how the main character did everything, but I didn't mind. Overall, the first season is very good. The second season is fine, but has a lot of problems I won't get into here.
Oct 7, 2019 6:18 PM

Dec 2016
Fario-P said:

some people apparently find Chibiusa annoying

Not some, but a loooot. She's the main reason why R and SuperS are the least liked seasons, and it's not something random that she was put aside in the last season Stars.
Oct 7, 2019 6:21 PM
May 2019
Working!, I think it's like the best anime to be honest. It was my first anime I ever watched, but it gets really repetitive because it's mostly the same setting but they are just fixing their problems with each other. idk, how to explain it lol
Oct 7, 2019 6:23 PM

Jan 2015
Evangelion bc apparently a lot of people can't understand it and Inuyasha, love it but it has some issues with the story and characters. Also Aku no Hana bc of the artstyle and it a weird show lol

✧ 미처 말하지 못했어 다만 너를 좋아했어
어린 날의 꿈처럼 마치 기적처럼
시간을 달려서 어른이 될 수만 있다면
거친 세상 속에서 손을 잡아줄게 ༉‧₊˚✧

⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾

Oct 7, 2019 7:49 PM

Jun 2019
Ventus_S said:
3. Digimon series: (especially season 1 and 7, and first half of season 2)
This series (especially the older ones) is dimmed "too childish" for current anime community's standard that I probably wouldn't recommend people to watch, especially the western audience. (Also the dub sucks, and western audience would probably just watch the dub version and ruin all the emotional investment in it)
For example, sub op of Digimon first season is way better than that shit done by the U.S. dub company.

That comes from people's prejudicial attitudes that want to segment content into tiny boxes and believe if something is suitable for children/family friendly it also can't have great worth and high entertainment value for adults as well. A series doesn't need explicit violence or sex themes that would get it rated it up to be interesting, moving, or meaningful. I know you already know that since you listed it here, but I wish more people realized that.

If it's any consolation I just (a mere day ago) finished watching the third season, Digimon Tamers, as my first entry into the Digimon-verse and enjoyed it thoroughly enough to want to put Adventures season 1 into my PTW list, which I did. Only watch anime in sub though. Dub watchers are going to have a lot censored, edited, and just generally watered down, neutered, and stripped of emotional poignancy through American localization and cheesy voicework. Especially 90s and early 2000s localization junk. Nothing that can be done if they refuse to watch sub though. That same issue affects a lot of series beyond just Digimon. The dubs really make everything seem extra childish or zany and comical where it's not intended to be.
Oct 8, 2019 5:34 AM

Apr 2017
Fario-P said:
The 90s Sailor Moon anime is definitely this for me.
I still like re-watching it every now and then, but it's not easy to recommend to people, because:
[...] some people apparently find Chibiusa annoying

She was a big reason why I dropped the show upon a rewatch, but I'm not sure I would've gotten so far into R without the nostalgia factor towards the first season. There's a lot to like about classic Sailor Moon but it definitely has "90s anime" written all over it, both good and bad.
Oct 8, 2019 6:18 AM
Jul 2019
Well for me i choose Isekai wa smartphone no Tomo ni because when i becoming a weeb for the first time thats the first anime that i watch espesially for the light novel

Well much of weebs that didn't rather Protag MC character
I like it though
Oct 8, 2019 7:01 AM

Oct 2016
Kill la kill is definetely the first that comes to mind, it has amazing animation, interesting characters and many interesting/memorable moments buuut bc of the fanservice and the suggestive themes, yeah idk I wouldn't recommend it to everyone ^^'
Oct 8, 2019 7:03 AM

Oct 2008
H2O: Footprits in the sand, is a lovely anime, however I think people will get the wrong idea on how they can best appreciate it. Should they judge it in terms of of how to rate it, or should they simply watch it for the fun and not consider it's score after they are done.
Oct 8, 2019 5:13 PM

Aug 2018
The only one I don't really recommend to everyone is Kino no Tabi and the main reason is because most people I meet want good animation and one story line. Not several different ones that sometimes collide and animation that seems pretty old.

Oct 8, 2019 5:20 PM

Jun 2019
I'm still not 100% sure why I love Sword Art Online, though I can point out almost every single issue with it, I just get so hype watching it. Of course, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking for a no-question banger, but I feel like it's one of those shows everyone has to watch at least once.
professional women respecter
Oct 8, 2019 8:33 PM

Mar 2013
Probably The iDOLM@STER. I absolutely loved it, but many people don't give it a chance 'cause it's an idol anime so..

Oct 8, 2019 9:00 PM

Aug 2016
ixaa said:
I absolutely LOVE Romeo x Juliet. The anime is very different from the actual play, but I think that just makes it all the better.

However, I wouldn't recommend it to just anyone for a fuck ton of reasons. First off, some people blatantly hate the fact that it's so different from the play. It's basically it's own new story that simply uses the names of Romeo and Juliet. Second off, some people might think it's boring. It's a story that has an overarching plot; many things are introduced in the beginning of the show that seems to have no value, but everything eventually comes together at the end. Third, some people- for whatever reason- are repulsed by romance, and there's A LOT of it in the series. And others find it too melodramatic even though all of Shakespeare's works are highly dramatized. And the art style in the show takes a huge dip in the second half of the show for whatever reason, so yeah.

I've been watching Romeo x Juliet recently and it's been quite enjoyable for the most part, but I thought the romance was the weakest part. Not because it's romance in and of itself, but because it's one of those Disney-like perfect romances where the two are just cutely doing things cute couples do and there's not much else to it besides that, the fact that they fall in love at first sight doesn't help much either.

I like Romeo and Juliet as characters, but I feel the series would benefit from bringing more conflict into their romance. They are from rival families, they were raised to be enemies and fight against each other, yet they end up falling in love for one another. Unfortunately the series never really takes advantage of that set-up, probably because the original play also goes like this for its romance, but since Gonzo made so many alterations in their version, this feels like a missed opportunity.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Oct 8, 2019 9:57 PM
Jul 2018
maria sama ga miteru because its slow, melodramatic and a little boring
Oct 8, 2019 11:53 PM

May 2016
tmohs. i love it a lot but i dunno i wouldn't recommend to anyone... the repetitive episodes that was on loop WAS HELL to go trough

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Oct 9, 2019 1:52 AM

Jun 2013
Probably everything in my fav-list except for Tokyo Godfathers.

Most of them because they're too childish or look too childish. Detective Conan because it's too long xD
And I guess Bokurano is a bit outdated with the art and animation for most people nowadays.
~Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!~
Oct 9, 2019 4:14 AM

May 2015
That would be Kanon 2006 by Kyoto Animation. It's one of the first few anime that got me back into anime. Since like I was in a 6 year hiatus of watching anime and ever since I got the chance to watch it, it was like a stepping stone for me to becoming a full fledged otaku.

Oct 9, 2019 6:13 AM
Oct 2019
corpse party: tortured souls
I watched it 8 times 😁😁😁 and wish to watch more 😀😀😀
Oct 9, 2019 6:18 AM
Funny Lesbian

Sep 2018
The Monogatari Series.

It's my favourite anime of all time, but i only recommend it to people that i think would like it... Which, in my friend group, aren't a lot of people.

I am currently rewatching the whole thing with my mother, though.
Quality daughter and mom time.
you got the whole squad laughing

[/URL]
Oct 9, 2019 6:23 AM

Apr 2019
Honestly I really like all the seasons of Sword art Online but I won't recommend everyone to watch it.

Oct 9, 2019 6:36 AM

Oct 2017
I take no shame in loving Monogatari (well, mostly), but yeah lol, it can be hard to recommend for obvious reasons. I def wouldn't recommend it to people who aren't already very deeply in anime hell.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai.
I'm honestly a little ashamed to admit I like this show now. I don't really care about ecchi/harem shows anymore (Monogatari doesn't count because I said so), and this one, even judged only as ecchi/harem fluff, isn't the greatest (second season is a notable improvement, but I hate the cliffhanger ending). But I can't stop liking the series, even tho most of why I like it is nostalgia and emotional attachement to characters. Yozora is my baby, I love her forever.

Zettai Karen Children.
I originally started it just because I enjoyed the Hyoubu spin-off, and it was a big positive surprise for me; I grew to love most of the main characters. Unfortunately it is quite flawed, and it's one of those shows that aren't sure what their audience is. Too childish for people expecting a serious action series, too heavy in themes and at times fanservicey for kids. The occasional lolicon jokes are also making it a hard sell (and I didn't care for them much either tbh).

Oh yeah, one more, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu. There was endless eight yeah, but I consider it hard to recommend because some elements of it haven't aged well and considering how many times the characters or the setup were copied by other shows, it hardly seems interesting or novel to anyone these days.
voidaberrationOct 9, 2019 6:47 AM
Oct 9, 2019 6:46 AM
Mar 2016
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san

It's trash but I still love this trash
Oct 9, 2019 7:30 AM

Jan 2019
ofc. Monogatari Series + 1
not so many people can understand such complex shows tho. and not so many people liked a heavy story stuff too.

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii
classical age gap romance story. and the main characters (maybe) not suit with the story they go into it. (but still this is one of my honorable fav anime that is not included at mal tho. )

Tsuki ga kirei
story very boring for people who never experience a shy-lovey dovey (some people said its a "pure love/middle school lovers", idc tbh) times in their life. in shortly is just a sol story with romance some people can relate. but.. the anime itself is one of my first anime that i watch and have some personal experience that i feel it back in the past.
Nov 29, 2019 11:25 AM

Jun 2016
BasshunterDOTA said:
not so many people can understand such complex shows tho. and not so many people liked a heavy story stuff too.
what a profound and intellectual series
Nov 29, 2019 11:36 AM

Jul 2016
I am going to go on a whim and say crayon shin chan. I still watch the latest movies, and they are really special for me because of how fun and entertaining they are. Plus there is always some pretty impressive sakuga mixed in with the colourful and vibrant animation. However with people's mentality on kids anime, and not wanting to watch something they would deem childish,it's understandable. Plus there is juvenile jokes, which people might find cringy to watch.
Nov 29, 2019 11:42 AM
Feb 2019
Bleach. It's goode but not fOr everybody. Especially those who don't like mainstream stuff like dragon ball and naruto
"Don't forget my name, Soul Reaper, and you better pray that you never hear it again! Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez...because the next time you hear my name, you'll be a dead man...I promise."
Nov 29, 2019 11:47 AM
May 2014
Mononoke comes to mind for this one. Probably a masterfully piece of art. Eyecandy everywhere and the story just as complex. I think many skip this one over purely for the weird/unique sense of style / storytelling. Still, it's a psychological anime at its finest

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu is the next one I can think of. I can imagine people are just like "what the hell is even rakugo and why is in entertaining?" It's niche indeed and for me holds a special place in my heart as it beautifully performs acting in form of rakugo. Not to mention, the time period would probably confuse a lot of people since they might not be familiar with it.

Kuzu no Honkai / Scum's Wish ... Well, either you love or hate this show. The fact that it's not afraid to stray away from dark love and mature sexual themes makes me applaud it. But I certainly wouldn't recommend it to people only because of its twisted story and ecchi. Still I think it's one of the best in this genre.
Nov 29, 2019 2:26 PM
Jul 2018
Natsume's Book of Friends: just by being an iyashikei by nature makes it impossible to appeal to a wide range of people. But I think if I try to convert non-anime fans (who complain about anime being too over the top and weird) into anime fans, Natsume may be a good start.

Konosuba: comedy anime I think may have a hard time appealing to non-anime fans, because of how Japanese the humor is, also Konosuba requires a level of knowledge of isekai anime to really get some of the jokes.

Ultimate Survivor Kaiji: the art style alone makes it a difficult entry.

Highschool DxD: it's an ecchi harem series, which is widely hated.

Monster: Even though it appeals well to people looking for a down-to-Earth, grounded in realism, mature anime, it's not exciting and tense like Death Note, in terms of pacing, psychological mind games.
Nov 29, 2019 2:43 PM

Oct 2015
RealTheAbsurdist said:
Natsume's Book of Friends: just by being an iyashikei by nature makes it impossible to appeal to a wide range of people. But I think if I try to convert non-anime fans (who complain about anime being too over the top and weird) into anime fans, Natsume may be a good start.

Konosuba: comedy anime I think may have a hard time appealing to non-anime fans, because of how Japanese the humor is, also Konosuba requires a level of knowledge of isekai anime to really get some of the jokes.

Ultimate Survivor Kaiji: the art style alone makes it a difficult entry.

Highschool DxD: it's an ecchi harem series, which is widely hated.

Monster: Even though it appeals well to people looking for a down-to-Earth, grounded in realism, mature anime, it's not exciting and tense like Death Note, in terms of pacing, psychological mind games.

All of them seem accessible to me (with the exception of Kaiji but even that not by much given that it even has a live action movie), and their popularity speak for itself.

OT: Romeo's Blue Skies, which may be seen as childish or overly hopeful.

Nov 29, 2019 3:20 PM

Aug 2011
One Piece - First one that comes to mind. Love it to bits, even though I'm not as crazy hype about it as I was in my younger days. It's definitely not at the point where I'd ever be like "GOSH IT'S SO GOOD GO WATCH IT" - as one of the pillars of shounen I recognize just how weird and somewhat childish it can be if you're not into the bonkers kind of humour and action it entails :') That and the art style IS very... niche.
Oh and of course. The sheer length of it.
Nov 29, 2019 3:27 PM

Jul 2016
SilveryLantern said:
One Piece - First one that comes to mind. Love it to bits, even though I'm not as crazy hype about it as I was in my younger days. It's definitely not at the point where I'd ever be like "GOSH IT'S SO GOOD GO WATCH IT" - as one of the pillars of shounen I recognize just how weird and somewhat childish it can be if you're not into the bonkers kind of humour and action it entails :') That and the art style IS very... niche.
Oh and of course. The sheer length of it.

Pretty true,so many people are turned off by the artstyle because it looks too cartoonish for them,but for me it's a plus,because i am not turned off by the weirdness and childishness of the series,for me that is a plus,since to me,that's what makes it fun.I don't think i see too many anime quite as unhinged as one piece,where there is all these colourful settings,and characters can vary massively in scale and design,and so many interesting things are constantly going on at the same time.And i think in a way,the sheer length of it ,really helps with the immersion of this journey,since you spend a lot of time into watching their adventures.
SummerynNov 29, 2019 3:36 PM
Nov 29, 2019 3:31 PM

Aug 2015
xA-2 said:
Kill me baby, I think I'm the only one who laughed so hard with such a bad anime, yeah i'm retarded. But it's so good while I saw it in less than an afternoon. My mother, the ED of this anime is a Masterpiece.

oh yeah, and monogari series. Although it is already famous enough to be something "special".

Ugh I love Kill me Baby and the ED is such a BOP. we had karaoke night once and then when I requested to sing the song, people were giving shit about the anime cause it’s not the best show out there. ;-; makes me sad.
Can I touch you? Please I love you. Let me touch you, I love you!
Friend: How's school? Me: School gave me debt and my plant mold.

Nov 30, 2019 1:53 AM

Jan 2019
Edocchi said:
BasshunterDOTA said:
what a profound and intellectual series

nice point u show there, thats why i said it monogatari series = heavy stuff. :D
Nov 30, 2019 2:28 AM
Jul 2017
I never recommend anime to anybody, unless I'm absolutely sure that they're gonna enjoy the medium. Even if they do end up enjoying certain anime/manga I'd be reluctant to recommend One Piece and Berserk.
Nov 30, 2019 5:49 AM

Dec 2018
Yuri Kuma Arashi

Its weird its dark,a little conundrum full with Yuri symbolism .Its not for everyone

I love it by all my heart but rarely recommended It when people asking me for good Yuris

I rather keep it for myself,Its not everyone's cup of tee

Yuri-CrusaderNov 30, 2019 5:53 AM
Nov 30, 2019 6:07 AM
Jul 2018
Saraiya Goyou - There is almost zero of what people would call action despite being a story that revolves around a yojimbo and a band of thieves. So I could see it being very boring for most people who do not like deep character driven stories.

One Outs - Very wordy, lots of stats. Same applies here as first entry, could see it being boring for most.

Kaiji - The art style has a tendency to turn people off.
Nov 30, 2019 6:20 AM

Feb 2018
Occultic;Nine

Yeah, it's really weird. Strange storytelling, characters who have no proper development, huge Ryouka boobs and ending that can make people think something like "the creators of this show are fucking retarded". However, I really like this anime and all that "weird" flaws are reasons why this show is great for me: it's unique, unpredictable and extremely enjoyable, gave me some Durarara!! and Baccano! vibes. Animation and visual style are also great, as usual for A-1 Pictures. For me, it's 9/10, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Nov 30, 2019 3:04 PM
Nov 2019
Ensemble Stars, I like the game so I can enjoy the anime just to see my boys animated, but if people know nothing and decide to watch it, it’s not the best thing, also it’s rushed.
Nov 30, 2019 7:36 PM
May 2018
One Piece ( Haters will give you plenty of reasons )

Masamune-kun no revenge ( the first non-mainstream anime that I loved, it's decent but compared to other romcoms it's not good,cliched,half-assed ending,unwanted and annoying love triangle and no significant ecchi scenes,WTF story progressions and much more. Just don't watch it unless it's you're new to anime )

Shokugeki no Soma ( the ecchi element will put-off everybody and past season 4 events the story will go downhill,saying as a manga reader. Better to not watch a show then get disappointed in the end. If you have started and want to stop watching the show then don't watch past this current arc. The ending of the arc is pretty satisfying. )

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ( it's episodic and progression is slow at best and non at worst but that isn't the objective of the show. It's supposed to be wholesome,funny and relaxing show that you watch after a tiresome day of work/school just to lift up your mood. Binge watchers and elitists will surely give this anime a bad rating which hurts my heart so I'll only recommend if the specific genres/story is mentioned )
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2019 8:22 PM
Apr 2019
-K-on
-Eromanga Sensei (don't hate me)
-Mr. Osomatsu
-Devilman Crybaby
Nov 30, 2019 8:31 PM

Aug 2009
'Cause J.C. Staff could barely draw stick figures, and big anime titties aren't the club bangers that in anime that they used to be in the mid to late 2000's.

...And who really gives a shit about The Romance of the Three Kingdoms? Even I forget that it's a plot device at times.

Nov 30, 2019 8:35 PM

Jun 2017
Okmaido said:
made in abyss..
i won't recommend to all coz most of the people thinks it's just a kids show with a cute looking chibi MC

isn't that part of the fun?

turnips pork shoulders and chicken
Dec 1, 2019 9:53 AM

Jun 2008
PugoPH said:
Record of Lodoss War
There's not much people who's interested in this anime that's why I might not recommend this one to others. This anime was definitely has a special place for my heart. It's a relic from the past that holds an RPG-like concept. It reminds me of my all-time favorite MMORPG which is Ragnarok. It's almost similar and this similarity was what makes this anime made a special place for my heart. The animation's old plus the plot looks mediocre and prevalent. A typical plot and animation for a classic anime.

I agree! Though recently, the DM in the D&D game I'm in right now was wondering what a good starter anime was to watch. The 3 of us in our group of 7 who watch anime suggested it to him because it's basically D&D: The anime.

Side-note, I never expected to be in the same room as 2 other people who've seen Record of Lodoss War.
Dec 3, 2019 8:36 PM

Nov 2007
You only recommend Gintama to someone who has seen enough anime. At least 200+. And at least know about the majority of shounen sh!t. Be it battle shounen, be it historical shounen or sports shounen.

You need to know your Jump to enjoy Gintama like it is meant to be enjoyed!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 3, 2019 8:42 PM

Oct 2019
high school DxD, my guilty pleasure
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Dec 3, 2019 9:05 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Most of them. Or all of them, actually, considering I don't give people recs unironically anymore. The only time I remember giving one seriously was a series I gave a 2, just because I thought it'd be good for the person in question specifically.

Recs given outside of stuff like that are inherently retarded and are just shilling out a series you like to people, so I don't take or give them unless I'm convinced it'd be coming from a place of sincerity and I actually give a shit whether or not they watch it, and the latter is a pretty giant hurdle to overcome.

orario said:
(especially Highschool of the Dead which is borderline hentai)

on what planet

It's a good ecchi and it's fanservicey, sure, but there isn't a plane of existence where it'd ever be a borderline hentai
ManabanDec 3, 2019 9:09 PM

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 5 minutes ago

2 by Spunkert »»
39 seconds ago

» What's your most controversial anime among your favorites? ( 1 2 3 )

Kushna - Apr 5

105 by YeeYeeAss »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 47 minutes ago

4 by Otakupervert890 »»
15 minutes ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Apr 21

37 by vampirismsxc »»
18 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

114 by vampirismsxc »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.