Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2019 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, the familiar characters from the games make their return again. I remember watching the OVA not long ago and reintroducing the cast again surely is important.

Also cool to see Mash in action for a bit. She's on a mission and this show maintains a pretty serious mood. Rin also makes an appearance! I think the first epsiode is a fair way to set up for the season. Obviously, they're going to introduce many more characters later but it's on an interesting track to develop the story more.

Oct 5, 2019 7:57 AM

Dec 2017
keked at that Ishtar hair flick after kicking ass, reminds me of a particular character from ubw

the 3DCG in the credits got me worried a bit, thankfully it wasn't used on any character models. overall production seems pretty good, looking forward to how the story unfolds
Oct 5, 2019 8:00 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
I nice introduction with Mash, Ishtar and Enkidu. The battle scenes were acceptable for a first episode.

Oct 5, 2019 9:57 AM

May 2013
What the hell is Tohsaka doing here xD
Oct 5, 2019 9:58 AM

Sep 2018
...I have so many questiones...
Why is da Vinci a girl?
Why is there Rin?
Why is the water so beautifull, and yet CG boars so awfull?
So the Babylons are using the same languege as people from...I even don't really know from when are the characters...
Why is a guy, who's supposed to be the protagonist of the story, just another guy who's transported into another wor - Oh wait...
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Oct 5, 2019 10:00 AM
Jul 2019
Oh c'mon, not another one those Holy Grail thing , man why does Type Moon always focuses on that Holy Grail thing????
Oct 5, 2019 10:04 AM

Aug 2013
Good to see Ishtar, Enkidu and Gilgamesh.

It was a good first episode overall. I liked the way Ishtar fights. Hope to see more of her.

Oct 5, 2019 10:07 AM

Jan 2016
LOL, lot's of questions already. Both valid ones and stupid ones but here we go:

Fate Grand Order is a gacha mobile game and this anime is based on its 8th Arc. Meaning this will be like jumping into Avengers Infinity Wars for those who haven't played the game. You can watch Fate/Grand Order: First Order and Episode 0 for some info about the world and what's happening.

For people asking about Rin, it's obviously not Rin. Just a Rin face named Ishtar like all the Saber faces.

Horn_dawg_2019 said:
Oh c'mon, not another one those Holy Grail thing , man why does Type Moon always focuses on that Holy Grail thing????

I mean, that's what the franchise is about you know? Not Type-Moon but the Fate franchise. Also, this is not you traditional holy grail war either, I suggest watching First order and episode 0 for some background info

Anyways on to the episode, which I found to be fantastic! Looks like Cloverworks know what they're doing so I'm looking forward to it!
Oct 5, 2019 10:08 AM

May 2015
Solid start and adaptation for fans. Basic exposition episode with fanservice. I'm fine with everyone being a Takeuchi face since it looks like everything else is consistent. In-game soundtrack is ok, but hoping to hear something memorable in later episodes. Wouldn't have minded seeing episode 2 since I'm more excited for content in that episode... 6/10
Horn_dawg_2019 said:

The Holy Grail is always a part of "Fate" as plot device. How it's used is what matters. In FGO, the Holy Grail is basically used as a battery tool to whomever is given it to distort history. Nothing more.
EmblemzOct 5, 2019 10:12 AM

Oct 5, 2019 10:25 AM

Mar 2016
wish they could've had mash's dream where she talks to solomon
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Oct 5, 2019 10:38 AM

Oct 2018
Lord Camelot...I thought it's Lord chaldeas in first order? Sir Galahad...I think I've heard it somewhere? Part of something something knights? Mage king? Six sigularities? Rin in the uruk era???

Definitely a show for the grand order fans.

We had a fair amount of action for a first episode, that's quite nice, and production seems doing good. I feel like more characters/servants gonna be introduced on next episodes. Exciting to see more historical figures as Servants here.
Oct 5, 2019 10:53 AM

Apr 2016
So here we are at last the first ep of the first full fgo anime. As the previews showed us, crotches, crotches everywhere they were not lying .. but im not complining, thats why im here right fanservice ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) .. ok just partially.

Anyway, this was a decent first episode nothing really to say .. mash, mc-kun, ishtar and so on. So yeah just wait and enjoy what is to come, its gonna be good. Now the PVs also showed us good production quality and this episode definitely confirmed that, so i hope no (more) ugly CGI is on the way. Because there are definitely moments/scenes where they can use a lot o fit .. .. . Oh God deliver us from that.
SwagernatorOct 5, 2019 11:33 AM
Oct 5, 2019 11:09 AM

Jan 2009
holy shit that animation quality is like movie quality already and the execution is very good too

simple character designs really helps animators to draw things easily like they can give them more sakuga or more motion

Ishtar is sexy hot now im curious on how the story will unfold too
Oct 5, 2019 11:09 AM

Apr 2018
it's nice to see powerful Tohsaka
Oct 5, 2019 11:12 AM

Sep 2017
The animation is pretty good (will CloverWorks be able to keep producing sakuga sequences like these?)

But the first episode hasn't really established a compelling premise. All we know is the protagonist are gonna kill some monsters to restore world order, but there is no indication whether the main characters have any sort of personal stake in it. The characterisation is very thin. Nothing about the main characters is interesting so far, unless you're already a huge fan of the game and you'd be satisfied just to see them animated.

Will give it another episode to see if the characterisation gets better.
Oct 5, 2019 11:22 AM

Sep 2017
as soon as i saw romani was in tears and the music from the og game was playing too and i just couldnt hold my feels back oh my god.
IM SO HAPPY this looks so good so far!? it makes me so nostalgic to when i played babylonia a while ago & makes me wish i could experience it again

ishtar,mash and enkidu look beautiful too and their action scenes surpass everything i had in mind

im super excited for the next episode since this one went by so fast (and for me,episodes only go by in a flash when its something i truly enjoy and im captivated by)

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Oct 5, 2019 11:23 AM

Feb 2014
Oh yeah, this is gonna be damn great, Ishtar is already here as well.

The lions only looked bad in the first shot, after that they looked fine if you ask me.
Oct 5, 2019 11:26 AM

Dec 2014
That was fantastic, holy shit.

The opening sequence with Caster Gil was incredible.
"Then, come forth!
To this land where the times of Gods and the deeds of humans intersect!
O Humanity's Final Master!"

So much hype as the title was displayed.

Most of the episode was basic exposition but the production looks fantastic, art is crisp looking and the animation for the fight sequences were great. Cloverworks brought their A-game to this. I love that they are using the soundtrack from the game for the Chaldea portions.

Ishtar. <3
I loved the scene where Ishtar just wrecked all those beasts and made the sliding movement as she brushed her hair back. So good.

Good to see Enkidu as well.

This is definitely and adaptation for fans of the game but I think anime-only people might be able to enjoy it for the action and all the new(but familiar faced) characters.
Merlin post credit hype!
Lelouch0202Oct 5, 2019 11:59 AM
Oct 5, 2019 11:29 AM

Oct 2017
Yay it's finally here and damn really exited to see this singularity in the anime. The og game music was there too, such a nostalgic feeling. The animation is looking great and hope they keep it up for the rest of the series. Mash and Fou is as cute as ever.
MegamiRemOct 5, 2019 11:34 AM
Oct 5, 2019 11:31 AM

Jul 2016
Great episode. That OST remix is so good. The first fifteen seconds is a suprise but a welcome one. Ishtar and Enkidu appeared and fight this episode. That teased at the end tho. The animation is very good. Overall nice intro of FGO. To the next episode

Oct 5, 2019 11:31 AM
Apr 2015
chair-sama said:
Why is da Vinci a girl?
Why is there Rin?
So the Babylons are using the same languege as people from...I even don't really know from when are the characters...
Why is a guy, who's supposed to be the protagonist of the story, just another guy who's transported into another wor - Oh wait...
bruh remember its not another world it's in the past
Oct 5, 2019 11:32 AM

Aug 2010
CHC said:
The animation is pretty good (will CloverWorks be able to keep producing sakuga sequences like these?)

But the first episode hasn't really established a compelling premise. All we know is the protagonist are gonna kill some monsters to restore world order, but there is no indication whether the main characters have any sort of personal stake in it. The characterisation is very thin. Nothing about the main characters is interesting so far, unless you're already a huge fan of the game and you'd be satisfied just to see them animated.

Mash big development came on the events prior to Babylonia. Her last bit of development will come after this, so not on her front. Master is always Master, since it's the main character from a game.

The character development is mostly for the people you meet through your journey. In this case characters like Ishtar, Gilgamesh, Merlin and so on.

chair-sama said:
Why is da Vinci a girl?
Why is there Rin?

Da Vinci isn't a girl, he's just in a girl's body you could say. He takes the form of Mona Lisa.

And isn't Rin, it's what you call a 'pseudo-servant', they can't be summoned the regular way, they need to take someone's body as a vessel. They'll explain that further later, as there's more pseudo-servants.

Also questioning language in anime is just stupid since it's pretty common for it to all be in Japanese, just makes sense, even if they have to make up for it with some system that automatically translates and stuff of the sort.
AiHikariOct 5, 2019 11:47 AM
Oct 5, 2019 11:35 AM

Sep 2018
MitsukiXD said:
chair-sama said:
Why is da Vinci a girl?
Why is there Rin?

It's basically the same.
Oct 5, 2019 11:36 AM
Apr 2015
chair-sama said:
MitsukiXD said:

It's basically the same.
true but still.....
Oct 5, 2019 11:38 AM

Apr 2019
I don't like time travel. Until this episode was cool, taking some camera angles to generate fanservice ... I'll just see to see Gilgatrash fucking
Oct 5, 2019 11:38 AM

Sep 2016
This first episode is...quite fast.
We're basically at the end of Arrow 6 already, out of 22.

I already imagine what the next episode will be about, also since the characters shown after the ending.

ProxyLain said:
I don't like time travel.

FGO is ALL about time travel. Namely space-time travel.
FullyChargedOct 5, 2019 11:43 AM
bruh
Oct 5, 2019 11:40 AM

Dec 2015
Ok, they didn't start this with a glance Three Goddess Alliance right

Man, this episode felt really short.....

I really love when they use the in-game soundtracks here. I really hope they'll use Grand Battle theme, map theme, big snek theme, and Childhood's End perfectly

Fou is even cuter here

And Da Vinci is so beautiful XD

Anyway, really solid first episode
Oct 5, 2019 11:42 AM
Jan 2015
chair-sama said:
Why is da Vinci a girl?

When becoming a servant, he gave himself a sex change and modeled himself after his vision of perfect beauty, the mona lisa.

Your other question about Rin will be answered later in the anime, but I'll tell ya this, she's not Rin, but that should've been pretty clear from the episode.
My Queens

Oct 5, 2019 11:45 AM
Sep 2014
What the hell is this? Fate/Isekai?

I don't think I hate it... But I feel like I understand absolutely nothing. All the dialogues are somewhat jarring too, to say the least.
Oct 5, 2019 11:45 AM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
This was actually far better then I thought it would be. VA's were great. Characters look great and Ishtar looks hot as fuck. I really hope they can keep this up throughout the series.
Oct 5, 2019 11:47 AM

Sep 2018
-Mahesvara said:
chair-sama said:
Why is da Vinci a girl?

When becoming a servant, he gave himself a sex change and modeled himself after his vision of perfect beauty, the mona lisa.

Your other question about Rin will be answered later in the anime, but I'll tell ya this, she's not Rin, but that should've been pretty clear from the episode.

...Ok at this point it would've been better if I stopped with the questions.
Oct 5, 2019 11:49 AM
Aug 2018
I have not watched episode 1 yet, but i have a question.

Do I have to see the other Fates to understand this season ?
Oct 5, 2019 11:51 AM
Jul 2019
It's HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SOOOOOOOOOO HAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mash and Ritsuka are so sweet and I'm so happy to see Romani !!!!!!!!!! I wonder when they're going to let the NA players get the new mystic code cause I don't want to wait. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH I want the second episode already, but I'll wait cause it's that good.

Honorable Mention: The art is fantastic, the background a spectacle, the colors are beautiful and bright. The action is beautifully animated and the music is just perfect I can't wait to see the opening and ending.<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Oct 5, 2019 11:54 AM

Apr 2016
ProxyLain said:

It's not exactly a time travel, the singularity they travel into isn't like an exact real time period, its like made up one that exist just for a short period of time and is separate from time axis.
Oct 5, 2019 11:54 AM
Apr 2014
chair-sama said:
Why is da Vinci a girl?
Why is there Rin?

Because you're watching Fate
Because you're watching Fate
Yeah nice job on the backgrounds
It's anime, what did you expect?
It might be but he's willingly going there and comes back to his own world at the end of each one?
Takeshi__Ytb said:

This would not be interesting at all to anyone who hasn't watched Fate, it heavily relies on character fanservice so yes you do need to watch Fate Stay Night and Fate/Zero, don't bother with Apocrypha, Last Encore and Prisma Illya, they're not necessary to watch this one.
Oct 5, 2019 11:55 AM

Mar 2016
CHC said:

i don't think the anime will begin on that part by the next episode, so hopefully i can convince you to hang on until ep 3
Aure0linOct 5, 2019 12:03 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Oct 5, 2019 11:56 AM

Dec 2017
Takeshi__Ytb said:

at least know the bare minimum about fate/servants/holy grail war is enough I think?

also, watch the episode zero of this anime. it's a recap for fgo stories and main characters in general + recap of previous singularities
Oct 5, 2019 11:59 AM

Jan 2013
The episode was every bit as good as I hoped! Loved the bits of game OST with a little flair added to it for the anime. Cloverworks and the rest of the production team definitely delivered. Great to know the money I spent whaling on FGO went to good use XD
Oct 5, 2019 12:08 PM

Dec 2014
the humanity last master and servant are so freaking weak in this episode, how are they even completed saving all other singularity?

this must be a joke.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Oct 5, 2019 12:14 PM

Apr 2017
Hmm, awesome start for the series overall. Great animation, VAs & setup for the singularity. Extra props for the detail put into Mashu's bum
Oct 5, 2019 12:23 PM
Jan 2015
aLotQuestion_ said:
the humanity last master and servant are so freaking weak in this episode, how are they even completed saving all other singularity?

The master forges contracts with every servant he meets along his journey and they assist him along the way, he basically has an army of servants at his disposal. And Mashu is certainly not weak, her strength comes from one of the Knights of the round table, so she's definitely no slouch.
My Queens

Oct 5, 2019 12:29 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Seems like they're putting their effort into getting as many ass shots of Mash as possible here
Oct 5, 2019 12:36 PM

Jul 2014
Pretty solid ep if I do say so myself, animation was quite nice, lots of smears here and there, Mash was and is as always one of my top waifu characters in the fate series so Im a tad bias with anything that includes her. Makes me wonder if I woulda liked her the same way if Takahashi Rie didn't get the role since Taneda Risa was sick back then thus she had to excuse herself out of the role.
One thing Im sure everybody here noticed was that... there was a lot of Mash booty shots! loved them all!!
Will definitely keep up with this and hopefully it doesn't push me into playing the game, I had enough of gacha games.
5/5👌
Mash for 2019 waifu!
Oct 5, 2019 12:42 PM

Mar 2016
As someone who plays FGO, this was a pretty good episode. Enkidu entrance into the scene was badass, and I liked the bits with Rin face servant (not gonna say the name in case some who haven’t played the singularity may not want to be spoiled).
Oct 5, 2019 12:49 PM

May 2018
Good start. Hope we get to see more servants soon. Is that Merlin at the end?
Oct 5, 2019 12:50 PM

Aug 2009
aLotQuestion_ said:

this must be a joke.

Mashu has Sir Galahad's powers.That is Sir Lancelot's son and the only knight of Artoria to ever get the grail.How is that weak?

And if you watched any Fate you would know that no Master is stronger than anyone in the ancient world.

Ritsuka may have little to no personality as a self insert but at least he isnt Sieg to be able to fight anything that starts with "DEM-" just because.
ssjokgOct 5, 2019 12:55 PM
Oct 5, 2019 12:53 PM

Feb 2017
Really good episode with many nice shots one could say. I hope they manage to make and keep Gudao at least somewhat interesting and this anime will be great.
Oct 5, 2019 12:58 PM

Apr 2019
Swagernator said:
ProxyLain said:

It's not exactly a time travel, the singularity they travel into isn't like an exact real time period, its like made up one that exist just for a short period of time and is separate from time axis.

The Grail that created these singularities, is it like another dimension then? like a dim of a historical period?
Oct 5, 2019 12:59 PM

Aug 2009
ProxyLain said:
Swagernator said:

The Grail that created these singularities, is it like another dimension then? like a dim of a historical period?

It is fucked up history that is trying to replace canon history.

Oct 5, 2019 1:39 PM

Jun 2017
FINALLY!
I have waited for so long and I am not disappointed! ^^
Seeing Mash, 5-star Rin, Definitely Enkidu and Fujimaru in action was awesome and I cannot wait to see Gilgamesh.
http://steinsgate.jp/10th/ FGO:591,495,201 (NA)
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2020

185 by keynutil »»
Apr 11, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

220 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.