Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion


#1
Nov 23, 6:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 114517
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
To beat someone of that size and power, Ushiwakamaru and Leonidas I really had to use everything in their sleeves just to survive.

Leonidas I is pretty damn awesome on the battlefield if you ask me. The episode bought out a lot of his personality when facing off against Gorgon. Ushiwakamaru also looked pretty awesome during her fight imo.

Modified by Stark700, Nov 23, 6:49 AM
 
#2
Nov 23, 6:55 AM
Review Moderator
Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 373
Nice episode, Gorgon is insane. Leonidas and Ushiwakamaru are great and pretty strong. It has some sad events but overall awesome episode.





 
#3
Nov 23, 8:34 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 5
Bad CG snakes, weird animation (but still kinda cool), nonsensical dialogues.

I'm hesitating to give it more than 6/10.
 
#4
Nov 23, 8:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 14604
So the big dick fight episode is finally here .. they truly thrown everything in it, bit short tho. But to be completely honest i was expecting a better animation, you know those transitions between crazy "trigger" animation and cgi gorgon were kinda .. bad. But i guess theyre just holding themselves for bigger and better fights that are yet to come.
Modified by Swagernator, Nov 23, 8:50 AM






do kpop artists get recycled when they died?
 
#5
Nov 23, 8:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 3181
Awesome episode!!!

Ushiwaka was awesome the way she was fighting and so was Leonidas
Gorgon was insane.

So Enkidu is actually Kingu and wants to replace the human race.

 
#6
Nov 23, 8:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 5771
Incredible episode.

The fight sequences against Gorgon were incredible. Big fan of the way they animated all of Ushiwaka's movements, so awesome. I never can get enough of all them sword slashes.

Leonidas went out like a boss, his NP and that final spear throw was just pure eye candy. Loved it. xD

Loved Ushiwakamaru's NP as she summoned those clones and ran up Gorgon's snake heads, that was so damn cool. The heroic OST in the background as she slices and dices through each of them while making her way to Gorgon's head was just pure awesome. Cloverworks went all out with that. Props to them and putting all that FGO money to good use.

Ugh, that last scene as Enkidu guts her stomach. Poor Ushiwaka. :(
She got captured and she didn't get her headpat yet. :(

 
#7
Nov 23, 8:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 1674
Sounds and animation were really incredible in this episode, wow.
 
#8
Nov 23, 8:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 123
This is beyond my expectations

It's so satisfying when both of them shouting their NP names

TFW this Gorgon theme playing a bit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07cljLPK51Y
 
#9
Nov 23, 9:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 573
Definitely my favorite episode so far. What an incredible fight, really makes me excited for all thats coming.
 
Nov 23, 9:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 413
Lelouch0202 said:



 
Nov 23, 9:19 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 22
Gorgon had weird cgi in certain moments but honestly its not that bothering imo this was a rly good ep, got me emo like the game. Loved how they portrayed Ushi's and Leonidas's NPs
 
Nov 23, 9:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 9
As soon as that ingame music started within a minute or two of the episode. I knew it was going to be amazing.
I was hyperventilating sort of with the exictement all those fights were.
Everything looked pretty amazing, I didn't even realize about the other bad CG complaints posted here.
I especially love the Gorgon's facial expressions, they are done very well.
The lazer beams were the coolest.
 
Nov 23, 9:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 1110
Yet another episode with terrific visuals, direction, and very boring servants except for Gilgamesh, Enkidu, and Mash (only cause she is cute).

It still hurts me how Apocrypha's story was so terrible but had many servants that could have been great. And there is this show, which has many boring servants in a show that could be good. Either way, the struggle to love Fate outside its main series continues sadly.
 
Nov 23, 9:31 AM

Online
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1072
By the way, the official anime website updated, and clarifies Kingu's origin in his profile:

エルキドゥの亡骸に新たな命を入れられて生まれた存在。
An existence born from giving new life to Enkidu's body.


So you know why Gilgamesh refrained from calling him a fake/imposter, he's technically Enkidu too.
Modified by Thess, Nov 23, 9:42 AM
 
Nov 23, 9:32 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 49462
damn what an episode its like movie quality already

so Leonidas is a descendant of Zeus i wonder if Zeus will show up in Fate Grand Order too that will be badass

Ushiwakamaru is freaking cool too but damn she was captured and gonna be turn into some monster it seems

 
Nov 23, 9:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17406
They better update the NP animation of Leo and Ushi in the game.
 
Nov 23, 9:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1639
Lanca ga shinda!

Lancers have it hard no matter the anime adaptation...


 
Nov 23, 9:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 1307
A truly magnificent episode, the fight was really well done. Damn Leonidas and Ushiwaka fought bravely till the end, rip Leonidas. Both of their noble phantasms were nicely animated.
Gray, Rave, Crave, Deprave.
Grave me,
Grave for you.

 
Nov 23, 9:53 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 49462
so Leonidas is lancer class then makes sense with that amount of lances he thrown with his illusions

and i do not get why Ushiwakamaru is rider class though since her illusions are not mounts or for riding? or is she rider class because of her speed alone?
 
Nov 23, 10:11 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 6
I already played the game but... Didnt expected this much of epicness in this episode.. RIP our Spartan king and Ushiwaka(guess she cant get her head pats anymore..)
 
Nov 23, 10:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 14604
deg said:
and i do not get why Ushiwakamaru is rider class though since her illusions are not mounts or for riding? or is she rider class because of her speed alone?

Cuz when she was still alive she rode a horse.







do kpop artists get recycled when they died?
 
Nov 23, 10:14 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 1
@deg Zeus might show up in Fate Grand Order very soon
 
Nov 23, 10:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 762
GODTIER animation, I'm still hype as fuck! Animation staff need a lot of love for that. Every episode has movie levels of production quality for me. Anyone else get eargasms from the sound design in this series? Like every blast, beam and sword attack just sounds like sex to the ears. Ushiwakamaru earned endless headpats today. Absolute best girl, that fight was absolutely stunning to watch, could not have asked for anything else out of it. God, Gil, someone, please get there in time to save her, my heart can't.. We're not even halfway thru.
Subscribe to my Youtube: MariNate
 
Nov 23, 10:25 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 49462
Swagernator said:
deg said:
and i do not get why Ushiwakamaru is rider class though since her illusions are not mounts or for riding? or is she rider class because of her speed alone?

Cuz when she was still alive she rode a horse.



welp lol i thought it was like with Achilles of Fate Apocrypha that hs is so fast besides having a horse

Waifu69 said:
@deg Zeus might show up in Fate Grand Order very soon


thats cool then hopefully Hercules will be added too
 
Nov 23, 10:27 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 3
Epic episode as always! Though with this much focus on ushiwaka, the camera on every angle, I still don’t understand how her chest armor....works. Is it just plastered on her chest or what? It should flap if it’s not etched on her chest, gravity-wise?
 
Nov 23, 10:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 17406
deg said:
Swagernator said:

Cuz when she was still alive she rode a horse.



welp lol i thought it was like with Achilles of Fate Apocrypha that hs is so fast besides having a horse

Waifu69 said:
@deg Zeus might show up in Fate Grand Order very soon


thats cool then hopefully Hercules will be added too


Heracles is one of the original Servants in Fate/stay Night....But you probably mean a sane version.
 
Nov 23, 10:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 54
OHHHHH MYYYYYY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

hands down this is the best episode BY FAR

i had a feeling it would be the best based on it being one of my favorite scenes (cuz of epicness, not cuz of the sadness by the end :<) in the first half of Babylonia and they did not disappoint

Like holy hell the sheer overwhelming power of Gorgon was a true sight to behold then of course the MVPs shined so hard.
Leonidas with his budget Ionioi Hetaroi was absolutely amazing to see and he really went in such a badass way.

And then of course my favorite Ushi was the absolute star of this episode. I’ve been waiting to see Ushi do this episode because she’s one of my favorite servants and omfg I nearly died from how badass she was in this ep. when she pulled off her Dan no Ura Hassou Tobi, i couldn’t help but freak out cuz goddamn that was nuts. She was absolutely glorious right from the beginning of the ep. but that end tho :(
also DW PLEASE GIVE HER AN ANIMATION UPDATE!!!

If this is how they handle a big fight that gives me so much hope for the battles to come cuz this has set the bar so very high. this is possibly what i’d consider one of the best action scenes in the Fate series even tho this isn’t even the best fight of the singularity lol. as if i wasn’t before, i’m so very excited for what’s to come
Modified by p3rf3c7ch405, Nov 23, 10:46 AM
 
Nov 23, 10:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1220
Fantastic episode. A lot of it was pure eye candy and i'm so glad they threw so much effort at it. Its great to see Leonidas and Ushiwakamaru get the recognition they deserve. Now if only they'd update their animations in game.
 
Nov 23, 10:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 181
Whoa, that Gorgon was such a bad ass that even with Leonidas and Ushiwakamaru's attack didn't nothing to weaken it................

Damn that Merlin, if he's immortal why chicken out of his fight with that Gorgon????
 
Nov 23, 10:56 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 49462
ssjokg said:
deg said:


welp lol i thought it was like with Achilles of Fate Apocrypha that hs is so fast besides having a horse



thats cool then hopefully Hercules will be added too


Heracles is one of the original Servants in Fate/stay Night....But you probably mean a sane version.


oh i did not realize that Heracles and Hercules are thesame person lol i forgot my mythology classes
 
Nov 23, 10:56 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 605
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
Whoa, that Gorgon was such a bad ass that even with Leonidas and Ushiwakamaru's attack didn't nothing to weaken it................

Damn that Merlin, if he's immortal why chicken out of his fight with that Gorgon????


He said in this episode if he lost consciousness by turning to stone then something bad will happen
 
Nov 23, 10:59 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 5
animejas said:
Yet another episode with terrific visuals, direction, and very boring servants except for Gilgamesh, Enkidu, and Mash (only cause she is cute).

It still hurts me how Apocrypha's story was so terrible but had many servants that could have been great. And there is this show, which has many boring servants in a show that could be good. Either way, the struggle to love Fate outside its main series continues sadly.
First, the characters aren't boring, they had the drive to stand up to gorgon, they had a personality that could carry them through any other grail war, Leonidas had everything a good general need grit, determination, and faith in his army just like Iskander, as for Ushi she'll be back that all Ill say and merlin whole existence is a character. Do get over your "the struggle to love Fate outside its main series continues sadly." self and acknowledge theses servants.
 
Nov 23, 10:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 888
Holy shit that was fucking AMAZING!

As much as I love Ushi and I loved her two fight scenes... Leonidas' scene gave me chills and I ended up tearing up, it was amazing!

And then there was the last scene between Kingu and Ushi and I felt very bad for her :'(

The scene of Ritsuka with the bricks and the soldiers was really nice.

USHI ANIMATION UPDATE WHEN?
 
Nov 23, 11:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 1110
SHSLGM said:
animejas said:
Yet another episode with terrific visuals, direction, and very boring servants except for Gilgamesh, Enkidu, and Mash (only cause she is cute).

It still hurts me how Apocrypha's story was so terrible but had many servants that could have been great. And there is this show, which has many boring servants in a show that could be good. Either way, the struggle to love Fate outside its main series continues sadly.
First, the characters aren't boring, they had the drive to stand up to gorgon, they had a personality that could carry them through any other grail war, Leonidas had everything a good general need grit, determination, and faith in his army just like Iskander, as for Ushi she'll be back that all Ill say and merlin whole existence is a character. Do get over your "the struggle to love Fate outside its main series continues sadly." self and acknowledge theses servants.


Easier said than done. I'm still trying cause I still see potential in this show somewhat, but that doesn't mean I can just easily acknowledge them as amazing in a heartbeat. I'm just personally not invested in most of them for now, although I do like the three exceptions that I mentioned previously. Get off your high horse by telling me I have to get over myself.
 
Nov 23, 11:44 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 14
deg said:

and i do not get why Ushiwakamaru is rider class though since her illusions are not mounts or for riding? or is she rider class because of her speed alone?


Riders class can be applied to servants focused on movement as their main strenght, doesn't necessarly need to have a mount of any sort. Classes go a bit deeper than "he has a lance and he has a sword" and the names can be a bit misleading.
 
Nov 23, 11:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 14604
deg said:
welp lol i thought it was like with Achilles of Fate Apocrypha that hs is so fast besides having a horse

I mean it really depends on the story you know, like Achilles can be summoned as lancer too for example cause of his spear, or even berserker (probably becasue of what he done to Hector). Or like Gilgamesh you know, archer/caster .. not to mention all the swimsuit assassin or berserker servants. Don't put much weight on it, not in fgo.

Armageddo said:
Classes go a bit deeper than "he has a lance and he has a sword" and the names can be a bit misleading.

Yeah i cant wait for a bit deeper explanation why Ushiwakamaru can be summoned as a swimsuit assassin ...
Modified by Swagernator, Nov 23, 11:56 AM






do kpop artists get recycled when they died?
 
Nov 23, 11:58 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 14
Swagernator said:

Yeah i can wait for a bit deeper explanation why Ushiwakamaru can be summoned as a swimsuit assassin ...


Yea... Well.. You know... Money and boobs? Tbh I always considered the swimsuit versions to be non-cannon and placed there because every gacha game has those characters.
 
Nov 23, 12:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 14604
Armageddo said:

Yea... Well.. You know... Money and boobs? Tbh I always considered the swimsuit versions to be non-cannon and placed there because every gacha game has those characters.

And i completely understand you, make no mistake. But those "versions" are the same thing Jaguar man is, and she isn't treated as non character at all.






do kpop artists get recycled when they died?
 
Nov 23, 12:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 9172
Swagernator said:
Yeah i cant wait for a bit deeper explanation why Ushiwakamaru can be summoned as a swimsuit assassin ...

Armageddo said:
Yea... Well.. You know... Money and boobs? Tbh I always considered the swimsuit versions to be non-cannon and placed there because every gacha game has those characters.

They do explain it though. When Ushi took off her battle "armor" and wore a swimsuit, her mindset relaxed and she became how she was like when she trained atop the Kurama mountains.

Her teacher at the time tasked her to find a way to snatch the feathered Tengu fan from him. Due to that training, she developed Assassin-lile stealth and undetectability, until she was finally able to steal the fan from him.

In a swimsuit, Ush no longer uses brute force or grand strategies to win, but stealth and sheer agility. Therefore, her Saint Graph turned from Rider to Assassin.

Swagernator said:
And i completely understand you, make no mistake. But those "versions" are the same thing Jaguar man is, and she isn't treated as non character at all.

That's selling these characters way short. Aside from exploring sides of their characters we normally wouldn't be able to see, the amount of lore behind a lot of them really begs to differ.
 
Nov 23, 12:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 14604
astroprogs said:
They do explain it though.

Yeah, japanese entertainment industry is really good at that. The "plot" we call it.






do kpop artists get recycled when they died?
 
Nov 23, 12:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 194


The really good part just started.

Expect a lot to happen now, and, prepare the tissues.
I already have them out because MY MAN LEONIDAS dang ;_;

Also, mark the words about the ten days and also about the fact that once Uruk gets invaded, the goddesses will turn against each other.
It's important.


Hope we'll see enough good stuff before the 2 weeks recaps at the end of december.

I hate waiting every week for one episode, let alone three :S

Horn_dawg_2019 said:
Damn that Merlin, if he's immortal why chicken out of his fight with that Gorgon????

Answer is technically a spoiler, but he explained a big part of it in this episode.






umagi said:
Epic episode as always! Though with this much focus on ushiwaka, the camera on every angle, I still don’t understand how her chest armor....works. Is it just plastered on her chest or what? It should flap if it’s not etched on her chest, gravity-wise?


Anime physics.
Also in a couple of shots her boob gets exposed a little more, but of course no nipple because this show is only PG-13

SHSLGM said:
First, the characters aren't boring, they had the drive to stand up to gorgon, they had a personality that could carry them through any other grail war, Leonidas had everything a good general need grit, determination, and faith in his army just like Iskander, as for Ushi she'll be back that all Ill say and merlin whole existence is a character. Do get over your "the struggle to love Fate outside its main series continues sadly." self and acknowledge theses servants.

He said Apocrypha was terrible, he's obviously baiting. Ignore him.

deg said:
thats cool then hopefully Hercules will be added too

If you mean that other Heracles (the sane one), you'll have to wait until the source material is ended, because that's a rule they made about it. No more F/SF character released before the whole thing is finished.
Modified by FullyCharged, Nov 23, 12:22 PM
Don't @ or quote me when I express an opinion in a post.

If you agree with my opinion, you can tell me how awesome I am by sending me a PM or a Friend Request.

If you don't agree with my opinion, remember that opinions are personal and biased.
We can have different ones, so you don't have to force or convince me into yours. And mine is better anyway.

Please follow what I said above, so I can know for sure my notifications are 100% new anime, saved anime starting airing, and morons not reading my signature.
You don't want to be mistaken for one, do you?
 
Nov 23, 12:16 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 14
astroprogs said:

They do explain it though.


I never said they don't explain it just that I consider them a bit rulebreaking when it comes to canon.

Swagernator said:

And i completely understand you, make no mistake. But those "versions" are the same thing Jaguar man is, and she isn't treated as non character at all.


Jaguar man is a bit of a weird case since in Mayan mythology he was mainly lending his powers to humans he possesed and in FGO "he" exists in similiar way to Ishtar or Eri except instead of merging two personalities we got Taigas personality with Jags power and identity. I still have a big problem with the onesie tho.
 
Nov 23, 12:21 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 10
This was way better than in the game, i risk to say, it was probably the best episode of the year
Well, at least for my opinion
 
Nov 23, 12:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 9172
Armageddo said:
astroprogs said:

They do explain it though.


I never said they don't explain it just that I consider them a bit rulebreaking when it comes to canon.

They're not rulebreaking to the canon, though, that's what I'm saying.
 
Nov 23, 12:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 194
Lelouch0202 said:
Poor Ushiwaka. :(
She got captured and she didn't get her headpat yet. :(

As long as she's alive, she still has a "headpat-able" head

Gordoxr2 said:
This was way better than in the game, i risk to say, it was probably the best episode of the year
Well, at least for my opinion

Everyone was hyped for ep 8, even the production team.
Well, we know the reason now :P
Don't @ or quote me when I express an opinion in a post.

If you agree with my opinion, you can tell me how awesome I am by sending me a PM or a Friend Request.

If you don't agree with my opinion, remember that opinions are personal and biased.
We can have different ones, so you don't have to force or convince me into yours. And mine is better anyway.

Please follow what I said above, so I can know for sure my notifications are 100% new anime, saved anime starting airing, and morons not reading my signature.
You don't want to be mistaken for one, do you?
 
Nov 23, 12:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 50
Ushiwakamaru all the praise to you. Great episode!
 
Nov 23, 12:35 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 88
WHAT AN EPISODE! Amazing animation and soundtrack, same feelings in this episode and Kimetsu no Yaiba episode 19!
 
Nov 23, 12:35 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 14
astroprogs said:

They're not rulebreaking to the canon, though, that's what I'm saying.


Okay maybe I missed my own point by being to short. I agree that in Fate they are canon as "what ifs", but as a history nerd it bugs me that they go too far away from the originals.

Still my bad not being specific. No harm done I hope.
 
Nov 23, 1:07 PM
WatchGiantRobo

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 6671
https://streamable.com/u97z9
Based Ushiwakamaru sexy and can fight.

 
Nov 23, 1:22 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 5
Great eps as always, the leonidas and ushi part somehow make my cry little bit wet.

Btw, i wonder why mashu not use her noble phantasm 'lord camelot' to block Gorgon attack, i mean we all know that Mashu shield is the strongest no2 after Avalon in nasuverse
 
Top
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »