Forum Settings
Forums

Are anime haters more intelligent in general?

New
Sep 28, 2019 8:23 AM

Jun 2011
I've seen internet arguments about why anime sucks and most of the time the haters win out in the logic game while the counterarguments to defend anime are mostly ones that are generated out of a middle schooler's mind at best. Would you say that anime haters just have a better wit than anime lovers as a whole?
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 28, 2019 8:29 AM

Jul 2013
This is a stupid question. No side is smarter in general, everyone's fucking dumb, me included. Opinions are based on subjective preference, not raw intellect. I reiterate: this is a stupid question
Sep 28, 2019 8:31 AM

May 2018
"Are anime haters more intelligent in general?"

Arguing against fanboys is dumb...so not really.
Sep 28, 2019 8:32 AM

Jul 2016
There are no winners in internet arguments involving anime.
Sep 28, 2019 8:33 AM

Jan 2009
sure if they argue real life logic (realism) instead of fiction logic which anime brings

most of the time this so called haters forget to activate their suspension of disbelief
Sep 28, 2019 8:38 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to argue against anime. The logic is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical psychology most of the logic will go over a typical Internet user's head...
Sep 28, 2019 8:40 AM

Jan 2018
I think the last person who post wins the argument
Sep 28, 2019 8:43 AM

Feb 2019
You basically just proved your point with this post.
Sep 28, 2019 8:45 AM

Nov 2008
They're only saying that to get attention and piss people off. They probably turn around and watch it when they're done typing.

I'm not sure what you mean by "their logic wins"...you cannot apply logic to liking/disliking media? It's basically like food or colors. What a joke.
ChiibiSep 28, 2019 8:49 AM

Sep 28, 2019 8:48 AM

Mar 2018
If you hate anime, chances are you are indeed a superior human being. It's common sense, anime fans are always the biggest failures and degenerates in any given group, while those who oppose anime are epic madlads.

Let's see if any anime fan can refute this: Anime sucks because Japanese people are weird.

You wouldn't be able to, even if you tried with all your magical boy power

poop
Sep 28, 2019 8:51 AM

Jun 2011
Esquirtit said:
If you hate anime, chances are you are indeed a superior human being. It's common sense, anime fans are always the biggest failures and degenerates in any given group, while those who oppose anime are epic madlads.

Let's see if any anime fan can refute this: Anime sucks because Japanese people are weird.

Putting aside the ironic tone in this post, yeah the anime lovers are already in a bad position trying to argue against this.
Sep 28, 2019 8:52 AM

Nov 2008
Esquirtit said:
It's common sense, anime fans are always the biggest failures and degenerates in any given group

Compared to what, exactly?

Do you even fandom?

all humans and fandoms are weird hellooooo

Sep 28, 2019 8:55 AM

Mar 2018
Chiibi said:
Esquirtit said:
It's common sense, anime fans are always the biggest failures and degenerates in any given group

Compared to what, exactly?

Do you even fandom?

all humans and fandoms are weird hellooooo

Compared to everyone around them, aka healthy humans
poop
Sep 28, 2019 8:57 AM

Nov 2008
Esquirtit said:

Define "healthy human".....come on, man.

Sep 28, 2019 9:03 AM

Mar 2018
Chiibi said:
Esquirtit said:

People who don't indulge in degenerate media and degenerate activities (cosplaying, shipping etc)

Need more shitposts?

poop
Sep 28, 2019 9:07 AM

Oct 2010
Hey guys, "anime sucks" is not even trendy anymore, please come up with something better.
Sep 28, 2019 9:08 AM
Jul 2018
Esquirtit said:

Activating magical girl power.

Weird people make the best art.
Japanese people are weird.
Japanese people make anime.
Anime is the best art.

Quad erat demonstrandum.
Sep 28, 2019 9:10 AM

Nov 2008
Esquirtit said:
Chiibi said:

People who don't indulge in degenerate media and degenerate activities (cosplaying, shipping etc)

Need more shitposts?

Yes, define "degenerate" and legitimate reasons something would be considered as such?

@operationvalkyri WINS THE THREAD. Pack up and go home, people, we're done.

Sep 28, 2019 9:18 AM

Jun 2019
lol if anything, they're usually more dumb or just want to hate anime to cool on the internet. It all started with Joji's "WEEABOOS" video that people took way too seriously (while completely ignoring the fact that he clearly stated "I have nothing against anime!" in that exact video).
Even the comment section in that vid was one of the most toxic ones I've seen on the internet, where people who claimed to "hate" anime themselves had family guy/south park or any other cartoon avatars you could think of, coz factually, those cartoons are were not aimed for kids at all and aimed for people who really had a really big brain, right? Fuck no.

Yeah I couldn't give 2 shits if they hate anime, it won't let them have a higher ground. I like animation in general, and I completely understand why the anime medium won't intrigue those said type of people.

Nice bait btw, OP.

ブレ
ブレ
ブレ
ブレ

Sep 28, 2019 9:20 AM

Nov 2016
I don't think that really hating something like this is intelligent at all. Everyone has their preferences, be it video games, tv series or something else. Hating on things likes this just tells you about a closed mind. To dislike is okay, but I think hating is a pretty strong word.
Sep 28, 2019 9:24 AM

Mar 2018
operationvalkyri said:
Esquirtit said:

Activating magical girl power.

Weird people make the best art.
Japanese people are weird.
Japanese people make anime.
Anime is the best art.

Quad erat demonstrandum.

Japanese people are weird but not the good kind of weird, just degenerate. Only few reject their generate tendencies and arise to critical acclaim
poop
Sep 28, 2019 9:25 AM

Jan 2013
Well they've definitely made better arguments compared to the fanboys...
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Sep 28, 2019 9:27 AM

Jun 2011
Shitaste said:
lol if anything, they're usually more dumb or just want to hate anime to cool on the internet. It all started with Joji's "WEEABOOS" video that people took way too seriously (while completely ignoring the fact that he clearly stated "I have nothing against anime!" in that exact video).
Even the comment section in that vid was one of the most toxic ones I've seen on the internet, where people who claimed to "hate" anime themselves had family guy/south park or any other cartoon avatars you could think of, coz factually, those cartoons are were not aimed for kids at all and aimed for people who really had a really big brain, right? Fuck no.

Yeah I couldn't give 2 shits if they hate anime, it won't let them have a higher ground. I like animation in general, and I completely understand why the anime medium won't intrigue those said type of people.

Nice bait btw, OP.

Well, anime haters come in all flavors, a lot of them also have avatars that feature philosophers, superheroes or European lore for example. Quite a lot of them have this nihilstic mindset that can point out all the bullshit that put them off of anime and the people who like it. It's the INTJ in them speaking out.

You can interpret it as bait. I'm not stopping you, but I'm just trying to spark up a Big Elephant in the room discussion.
Sep 28, 2019 9:28 AM

Mar 2016
Well, idk about the intelligence part, but they sure know how to act intelligent, at least, even if it's obviously pretentious. I only care if any of those individuals are actual good people or not outside of all the hullabaloo about anime, gaming, etc.

Then again, I'm someone who HATES most westernized cinematic TV shows and films nowadays.
RyuseishunSep 28, 2019 9:35 AM
Sep 28, 2019 9:29 AM

Mar 2018
Chiibi said:
Yes, define "degenerate" and legitimate reasons something would be considered as such?

@operationvalkyri WINS THE THREAD. Pack up and go home, people, we're done.

Media that caters to outcasts, virgins and sex offenders, with milked power fantasy franchises
poop
Sep 28, 2019 9:33 AM

Nov 2008
Esquirtit said:
[

Media that caters to outcasts, virgins and sex offenders, with milked power fantasy franchises

...what does VIRGINITY have to do with it? It's totally disgusting to call someone who's never had sex "a degenerate" as if sex actually measures a person's worth.

I hope you're just trolling at this point....

Sep 28, 2019 9:33 AM

Mar 2016
Cabron said:
Well they've definitely made better arguments compared to the fanboys...

That's kinda true, but most of those "better" arguments come off as mostly pretentious.

Doesn't make them any less toxic to social media or society in general, though.
Sep 28, 2019 9:34 AM
Sep 2019
They are more intelligent then moefags and shonentards in my opinion.
Sep 28, 2019 9:38 AM

Mar 2018
Chiibi said:
Esquirtit said:
[

...what does VIRGINITY have to do with it? It's totally disgusting to call someone who's never had sex "a degenerate" as if sex actually measures a person's worth.

I hope you're just trolling at this point....

That's one way to interpret my words I guess, but I never said something like that. Anime is degenerate because it caters to virgins, and those virgins are degenerates for consuming it.

I'm not trolling, ThatAnimeSnob opened my eyes and I'll never look at this degenerate medium the same way
poop
Sep 28, 2019 9:42 AM

Nov 2008
Esquirtit said:
Anime is degenerate because it caters to virgins

Anime caters to everyone. Open your eyes wider and learn to think for yourself instead of following a pretentious youtube schumuck like some kind of mindless sheep. =_=

Sep 28, 2019 9:42 AM

Mar 2019
It's called preferences, it's not a matter of more or less intelligence.
Wait a minute, how did this happen? We're smarter than this!
Sep 28, 2019 9:49 AM

Mar 2018
Chiibi said:
Esquirtit said:
Anime is degenerate because it caters to virgins

Anime caters to everyone. Open your eyes wider and learn to think for yourself instead of following a pretentious youtube schumuck like some kind of mindless sheep. =_=

If it caters to everyone why is there a stigma? Because it's aimed at everyone but people who aren't degenerate. Before you call me pretentious take a look at yourself, you admire a serial killer and suicidal slut and don't consider yourself degenerate.
poop
Sep 28, 2019 9:53 AM

Jun 2019
Ahegyao said:
Shitaste said:

Nice bait btw, OP.

Well, anime haters come in all flavors, a lot of them also have avatars that feature philosopher pics, superheroes or European lore avatars for example. Quite a lot of them have this nihilstic mindset that can point out all the bullshit that put them off of anime and the people who like it. It's the INTJ in them speaking out.

You can interpret it as bait. I'm not stopping you, but I'm just trying to spark up a Big Elephant in the room discussion.

Your argument is valid and like I said I completely understand why people would hate this medium. But about those arguments you've mentioned where the haters most of the times win, how much can you be sure that they have tried shows that aren't all Shonen or Ghibli movies? They win most of the times because the bad things they say tend towards those level of shows which are also considered "bad" by the majority of us.
I've encountered an unpopular youtuber few months ago who made a whole video titled "Obligatory why I hate Anime", where he brings up all the weird shit reasons like "eromanga sensei or incest heavy shows being popular in Japan, hence this medium sucks". And even if that video was terribly written, he still mentioned that he's been an anime fan in his teenage years and he used to "love" every anime back then. Best part is, he made another anime related video, where he ranks his favourite anime while still putting "even though I HATE anime" in his title, and his no.1 was FLCL, a show that I loved as well, aka someone who "loves" this medium.
Main point is, they only win because the points they mention are factually correct for those arguably "bad written" shows that are just popular and the fans of those said shows can't argue against his claims because that hater is not wrong and they know it.
That video I mentioned if you're curious:
ShitasteSep 28, 2019 9:57 AM

ブレ
ブレ
ブレ
ブレ

Aug 2019
Depends on the type of hatred ... if it comes from close-mindedness and zero understanding of the medium then not really. If they are familiar with the medium, know what they are talking about and have a point then yes. Sadly very few are the later and majority are the first, so no.

Nov 2008
Esquirtit said:
you admire a serial killer and suicidal slut and don't consider yourself degenerate.

RAY'S NOT A SLUT; SHE'S AN INNOCENT VIRGIN COMMITTED TO ONE MAN, OKAY.

No, I don't consider myself OR all anime fans "degenerate" because I think it's retarded to judge people's worth by the kind of media they enjoy....I'm smart and open-minded like that.

If it caters to everyone why is there a stigma?

Because stereotypes? There are creepy people involved in EVERYTHING.
ChiibiSep 28, 2019 10:03 AM

Sep 28, 2019 10:10 AM

Oct 2013
Umm...no. Fandom in general just makes people act stupid. Fans usually become extremely defensive whenever someone starts criticizing something they like and this usually clouds their thoughts when trying to come up with excuses why they enjoy them.

The "this sucks" mentality is also flawed, because much like the fans argument it's usually extremely biased.
Sep 28, 2019 10:15 AM

Oct 2010
Shitaste said:
Ahegyao said:

Well, anime haters come in all flavors, a lot of them also have avatars that feature philosopher pics, superheroes or European lore avatars for example. Quite a lot of them have this nihilstic mindset that can point out all the bullshit that put them off of anime and the people who like it. It's the INTJ in them speaking out.

Your argument is valid and like I said I completely understand why people would hate this medium. But about those arguments you've mentioned where the haters most of the times win, how much can you be sure that they have tried shows that aren't all Shonen or Ghibli movies? They win most of the times because the bad things they say tend towards those level of shows which are also considered "bad" by the majority of us.
I've encountered an unpopular youtuber few months ago who made a whole video titled "Obligatory why I hate Anime", where he brings up all the weird shit reasons like "eromanga sensei or incest heavy shows being popular in Japan, hence this medium sucks". And even if that video was terribly written, he still mentioned that he's been an anime fan in his teenage years and he used to "love" every anime back then. Best part is, he made another anime related video, where he ranks his favourite anime while still putting "even though I HATE anime" in his title, and his no.1 was FLCL, a show that I loved as well, aka someone who "loves" this medium.
Main point is, they only win because the points they mention are factually correct for those arguably "bad written" shows that are just popular and the fans of those said shows can't argue against his claims because that hater is not wrong and they know it.

That video isn't even getting facts straight lol, implying that One Piece came after Naruto and saying that nowadays there's less anime than in the 00s. It's fun though.

Edit.- Oh, now it's talking about gay stuff being gross. Yeah this stopped being fun.
jal90Sep 28, 2019 10:19 AM
Sep 28, 2019 10:20 AM

Jan 2019
Esquirtit said:

Lmao man, I’d give you a virtual fist pump for this post.
Sep 28, 2019 10:22 AM

Jun 2019
jal90 said:
Shitaste said:

That video isn't even getting facts straight lol, implying that One Piece came after Naruto and saying that nowadays there's less anime than in the 00s. It's fun though.

Edit.- Oh, now it's talking about gay stuff being gross. Yeah this stopped being fun.

lmao yeah,the video was poorly written.

ブレ
ブレ
ブレ
ブレ

Sep 28, 2019 10:34 AM

Oct 2008
This thread of yours has given me an idea, thank you. I am going to make a thread about anime haters and if some actually visit, let's find out if they'll end up on top after a discussion with me.
Sep 28, 2019 11:19 AM

Feb 2010
Not at all, it's just that hating and dismantling a show is so much easier. If you want to look for 'flaws' to nitpick about, you can find a ton of them in every episode of every show and with 'logic' you can turn things into flaws that are absolutely irrelevant and have no impact on the viewing experience but from some perspective can technically be taken issue with.

One common example is when people go through episodes frame by frame just to screenshot one or two wonky looking ones and then claim the animation is garbage and unwatchable because of that.

Another one is completely refusing to have any suspension of disbelief and criticizing a work of fiction as if it was supposed to be a hyperrealistic documentary.

Or pretending to be retarded (or actually being retarded) and only accepting stuff that is clearly spelled out as actually being part in the show and shitting on it for not spelling out important stuff even when it can clearly be seen as implied because it went over their head or they pretend it did just to have another 'logical argument' against the show.

Also popular is criticizing characters and their decisions for not being based on robotic logical calculations and therefore not always making sense from a purely logical perspective and calling them unrealistic because of that, because they're stupid or emotional or annoying. Or in a more generalized way, complaining when anything in the show happens differently than what they wanted to happen, but in a way that makes it sound like it's an objective flaw of the show and things can only be done in one correct way - their way.

Not to mention classic techniques like completely ignoring context, genre, relevance and just jumping on anything that can be construed as a flaw from some perspective even if you have to isolate a scene from its larger context or conveniently ignore other information the show gave you or misrepresent what a show is trying to do or who it's aimed at just to take issue with certain things.

Overall I find about 90% of all criticism uttered against anime to be pretty baseless and just people who randomly dislike a show trying to come up with reasons to turn their personal preference and bias into 'objective arguments' after the fact. They make up 'arguments' that are rhetorically more or less sound but simply hit the mark 9 out of 10 times, because they're nitpicky, biased, based on not paying attention or already going into episodes with a mindset that only looks for flaws and does not care about anything else.

Most of these 'flaws' they find only exist in their interpretation of the show or the characters, and if I have a different interpretation where things make more sense there is little point in trying to argue it. You can't really argue with an interpretation, it's inherently subjective even if the haters will often try to sell their interpretation as being objective. And noone will budge from their interpretation just because someone else sees the show differently, especially haters, they're very dedicated to their negative views.

So, you see, it's easy to come up with rhetorically good-sounding arguments that are somewhat logically sound in a vacuum when you can just completely reinterpret the context of anything you watch and just overlay the viewing experience with 'hate' goggles. It's much more difficult to argue against such a stance because to explain why their 'arguments' make little sense or are utterly irrelevant you usually have to take 2 or 3 steps back, explain the context and why your viewing experience was so different that a lot of these 'logical' arguments don't make any difference to it because they simply don't exist in your interpretation.

Because the haters are convincing themselves that they are uttering objective criticism and see the whole argument through those goggles, like it is all about logic and facts while the fans or defenders are more likely to be aware that a lot of it is just a matter of interpretation either way and that the most important factor to care about criticism is not logic, but relevance. If someone points out a 'logical flaw' in an anime I like, based on their complete lack of suspension of disbelief, I just don't care, their argument has zero relevance to the viewing experience as far as I'm concerned. I might not be able to 'debunk' it or even want to try, but it still failed as a criticism because it is irrelevant unless you really want to care about it because it gives you an 'argument' against the show. It's an argument from haters for haters that just goes right past anyone who enjoyed the show.

That might explain why a lot of arguments look like a 'win' for the haters if they just list random 'logical' arguments that the other side just doesn't care about and half-heartedly replies to, or not at all. But it's mainly just a difference of approach. Haters argue purely from a rhetorical point of view, valuing quantity of arguments over their relevance while the fans often just want others to understand why they liked the show. It's much more difficult to make someone understand than to list random 'flaws' in a vacuum, even moreso if the other person is not interested in understanding why people like something, but only cares about 'winning' the argument in the pettiest sense.

So it's more than just an argument about a show when haters clash with fans, it's often a clash of philosophies. Positive mindset vs Negative mindset. For me personally when I managed to enjoy a show I always feel good about it, I got my enjoyment out of it and that's the most important part. I don't need to prove to anyone that my enjoyment was 'justified'. Enjoyment is always a good thing, it needs no justification, it is its own justification. But hatred does as far as I'm concerned. Hatred is toxic and spreads negative and bad feelings to everyone you're involved with and to do that without a good reason just makes you kind of an asshole. The toxicity of haters needs a justification for their obnoxiousness if they don't want me to just view them as bitter assholes not worth talking to. So the burden of proof is already on the hater, and even moreso the burden of showing relevance.

Don't tell me what alleged 'flaws' the show has, tell me why they matter to what the show is trying to do, what their impact on the core themes is, why it should be seen as so relevant for the viewing experience. Tell me why I should care, don't expect me to care about 'flaws' just for the sake of it, just because someone came up with them and listed them on some forum post. Literally anyone can do that. Give me 5 mins with any piece of media and I'll list you 10 things about it that can be perceived as flaws. It's so fucking easy.

But if I don't care about or see the relevance of your 'arguments', I'm not gonna bother replying a lot of the time because there is no point. I don't care if some random people on the internet think the hater 'won' the argument because I didn't bother trying to debunk a bunch of highly subjective subjective and irrelevant arguments. I already 'won' in a more significant sense because I got enjoyment out of a show that only gave the hater frustration. If I argue about fiction it's only to make myself understood, and I try to avoid interacting with people who have the complete oposite of mindset of only wanting to 'win' an argument, which is what most haters are like.

So to summarize, no, haters are not more intelligent. They don't need to be intelligent because hating and looking for flaws is the easiest thing in the world and often being dumb actually helps. The more you don't get or that flies over your head, the more 'flaws' a show has for you to list after all. And the reason they 'win' more arguments is simply because they care more about winning. It's all they've got left. They just watched a show they hated, are full of disappointment and negativity and cling to the idea of winning an internet argument justifying all of that. They need to 'win' to rationalize their - often irrational - hatred of these shows, to convince themselves that it's objective and true and not just them failing to see all the things the show did well.

Meanwhile the fans are happy, full of enjoyment after watching something they loved and for them engaging an arguments with haters has the opposite effect. They don't need it at all, in fact it might even ruin their mood if they get affected by the negativity of the haters. If they just ignore it and turn their backs to the argument, they're still happy. The haters would just be left with all of their frustration so obviously they will be more motivated and more often have the last word in an argument. But it's a really stupid mindset to think that whoever has the last word on an internet argument 'wins' it.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 28, 2019 11:26 AM

Feb 2013
^true
really intelligent people have an easier time to find good things to say about stuff :)
Sep 28, 2019 11:33 AM

Sep 2019
Anyone who participates in such arguments is wasting their time. Just like whatever the hell you want as long as it isn't hurting anybody and enjoy yourself.

Also being an anime watcher, "moe-fag", or whatever has diddly-shit to do with intellegence.
-Kookie-Sep 28, 2019 11:39 AM
Sep 28, 2019 11:42 AM

May 2009
Ahegyao said:
I've seen internet arguments about why anime sucks and most of the time the haters win out in the logic game while the counterarguments to defend anime are mostly ones that are generated out of a middle schooler's mind at best. Would you say that anime haters just have a better wit than anime lovers as a whole?
What kinds of "arguments about why anime sucks" and "counterarguments to defend anime" have you heard? How do the former "win out in the logic game" over the second group?

I find both judgements suspect because "anime sucks" and "defending anime" seem like really broad statements of opinion that are very much dependent on personal preferences. As such, there's really no "correct" logic here, since people use different logical bases for their tastes.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Sep 28, 2019 12:10 PM

May 2009
Ahegyao said:
Esquirtit said:

Putting aside the ironic tone in this post, yeah the anime lovers are already in a bad position trying to argue against this.
Even if I assume this is true (and it is not, or at best it is a value judgement and not an absolute truth), moral degeneracy still isn't the same thing as intelligence.

Ahegyao said:
Shitaste said:

Nice bait btw, OP.

Well, anime haters come in all flavors, a lot of them also have avatars that feature philosophers, superheroes or European lore for example. Quite a lot of them have this nihilstic mindset that can point out all the bullshit that put them off of anime and the people who like it. It's the INTJ in them speaking out.

And a lot of them have no avatars, or animal or plant avatars, or avatars from other entertainment, or just photos of themselves, or a huge variety of other things.

Also, anyone can Google search "Aristotle" and download an image. Simply having a philosopher avatar means nothing. Heck, even spouting philosophical quotes means nothing by itself. Don't mistake that for intelligence. Particularly if it's just a part of a social act.

also

> implying that nihilism is a good thing

> actually thinking the Myers-Briggs Type Inventory is worth more than just trivia
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Sep 28, 2019 12:28 PM

Jun 2015
First of all, those kinds opinions are completely subjective, and most people who hate on anime don't know much past hentai and action shounen, so it's rarely a case of someone actually giving anime a fair try and it not being their type of thing (at which point they're probably just voicing their opinion and not mindlessly hating on it), and mostly a loop of people not knowing what they're talking about and people counter-productively defending against them, making themselves look dumb in the process for even wasting their energy on that stuff. So I guess I can kinda see where you're coming from.

But if we're talking about traditional intelligence, I'd say there's a much higher chance that the anime fan in the back of the class is more intelligent than the stereotypical jock, and that the adult who's open-minded about art is more intelligent than the one who's just into sports and the news. However, that isn't always the case, so I'd say it's also a double-edged sword because anime fans can very easily develop a superiority complex from indulging in something most of the population doesn't...just like someone who's not into it can develop a superiority complex by thinking it's a waste of time and not indulging in it. So it's all just a big circlejerk of psychological disorders, bias, and people venting out, just like most of the Internet :D I know, shocker

Personally, I just find the notion of going out of your way to express your unconditional hate towards something without proper knowledge or considering a single positive pretty childish. So I won't be able to take neither the guy hating on the entirety of anime after watching 3 shows or the guy hating on every human who doesn't indulge in anime and thinking they're dumb for it, seriously.
At the end of the day, most people aren't dumb, just aren't open-minded and prefer not to think about stuff...
Sep 28, 2019 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
As long as they are constructive arguments I don't mind. No outsider needs to tell me anime have issues
Sep 28, 2019 12:33 PM

Mar 2018
Oh so it was about this lol. A lot of criticism is redundant when looking at the bigger picture. It's always funny when reviewers point out insignificant flaws or make arguments why certain aspects are badly done and think they destroyed an entire work. Usually they don't even discredit what people enjoyed about a work.

On the internet, generally, criticism is nothing more than people complaining that they didn't enjoy something so in that sense it should be worthless to fans. I've seen plenty of dumb shit thrown around like ''there's no plot/ there's nothing happening'', even where there clearly is and stuff has already been set in motion. If you hate an anime, you're not going to care about anything it's doing so most of the time fans actually have far more interesting stuff to say.

There's also that both sides will accuse each other of confirmation bias when agreeing with presented criticism/postive feedback, but it depends on the individual if you got something useful out of it. Either way, being able to appreciate something more is more valuabe probably

I myself like too circle jerk too from time to time tho, negatively and positively...

poop
Sep 28, 2019 12:52 PM

Nov 2018
I watch and love anime cuz it's best for me.They don't watch and hate may be they think it's best for them.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Sep 28, 2019 12:57 PM

May 2016
Ahegyao said:

What are those "logical argument" the hater apparently make?

I can't agree nor disagree without knowing what those arguments are.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 10 hours ago

22 by pk8list »»
17 seconds ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 10 hours ago

15 by Nirinbo »»
1 minute ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 16 minutes ago

2 by Maou_heika »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 5 hours ago

12 by pk8list »»
10 minutes ago

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 3 hours ago

12 by Zettaiken »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.