Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 26, 2019 10:50 AM

Feb 2019
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.

It's the end of this journey. This was amazing from beginning to end. Seeing everyone, even the side characters, after that time jump was really endearing. Yuu's new haircut fit her oh so well. It's nice as well to know that they've come out at least for some people, even if not everyone.

All in all, this was a charming chapter to put an end to this great story. I'll definitely miss waiting for the new chapter to be released every month.
KosmonautSep 27, 2019 5:23 AM
Sep 26, 2019 11:21 AM

Jul 2016
I haven't read the chapter yet!! This is only my hopes/predictions!!

Anyway, I feel like the last chapter is gonna be a flash forward with Yuu and Touko living together or maybe in collage and it ends with Yuu and/or Touko talking about the past and there is a line in one of the first chapters that sound like Yuu is talking about her past self that wasn't in love with Touko which confused me when I read it the first time but it would make sense now if this happens.

I really wanna see Sayaka getting over Touko and probably a hint or two of her finding someone she likes, also I really wanna see Akari and Doujima going out and hopefully we can get to see Koyomi being a famous writer.

Like I said these are just my predictions and Imma edit this after I read the chapter

Edit: half the thing I said here were in the chapter!!!!! I'm so happy and satisfied with this ending but I still feel so sad knowing that there is no more I can look forward to, no new chapters or side content apart from the Sayaka novel that I can't read ;-;
And yes I did cry like a little bitch, thank you for asking :)
TrainLuciferSep 29, 2019 6:41 AM
Sep 26, 2019 8:49 PM

Oct 2018
What a ride this has been. This is the first time I have a felt so passionate about a manga. Definitely my favorite of all time.
Sep 26, 2019 10:17 PM
Jan 2017
Still hard to believe something so precious to me has ended no more waiting at the end of each month

Still that ending was perfect yuu and touko walking towards their future hand in hand
Sep 26, 2019 10:28 PM

Apr 2017
I'm happy that Yagakimi ended in such a nice way. Seeing all the characters being a little more mature than they were back in high school was oddly refreshing. And god, seeing Yuu and Touko both wearing rings made me lose it. I just about burst into tears while reading this because of how happy I was. It's been quite a ride, and I'm forever grateful that I was able to see this story unfold while the manga was still in the works.

Right now, it still hasn't fully sunken in that this wonderful tale just ended. I can't believe it. I would love to see more of this series. I still feel like new chapters are coming as if the story still isn't over yet. I'm sure next month when no new chapter is out and the next few months after that is going to be difficult and hit me like a bus just ran me over.

Sep 27, 2019 4:15 AM

Oct 2015
sayaka got a girlfriend, good for her.
Sep 27, 2019 7:56 AM

Jul 2017
What an ending to one of my favorite manga of all time. I'm so glad I picked this manga up after the anime. I'm gonna deeply miss this :(
Sep 27, 2019 9:52 PM

Feb 2016
I Will miss this manga a lot.
The battle is over.
Show respect for the fallen
who fought so bravely.
Sep 27, 2019 10:20 PM
Dec 2017
I was hoping for a bit more and it felt a bit rushed for me.

I think it could've had 5-10 more chapters but eh, this is good enough I guess.
Sep 27, 2019 11:07 PM

Jun 2015
Really gonna miss this one.
:)
Sep 27, 2019 11:57 PM

Sep 2013
Who is this Haru-chan that took my Sayaka away?
Sep 28, 2019 8:15 AM
Mar 2015
Nice time skip They may be in college and acting but most importantly they are still together and the rings show that they are committed to each other
Sep 28, 2019 9:31 AM

Apr 2014
this yuri series was honestly one of the better ones imo

loved the story, loved the characters, and the length of the series was perfect imo as if it would have went any longer i feel would have really hurt the series as a whole

but yeah really enjoyed this series one of my all time fave yuri series
"one step at a time"
Sep 28, 2019 2:34 PM
Aug 2015
I am happy that my best girl Sayaka got a girlfrend in collège named Haru chan I wish that we could have meet her and know how they meet and I am happy that Sayaka and Yuu have become friends in collège now I wish that we had a ark were Yuu's famly had to get used to the ideas of Touko being Yuu's girlfrend
Sep 28, 2019 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
Decent finale and overall quite liked the manga (anime was painfully slow) even though I feel like the story ended where the things could been interesting to know about.
Also could been nice if we could see some other side characters aftermath which probably be delved in the spinoff (here's hoping after the novel ends we will get its manga adaptation).
I really liked the story outcomes especially just after the anime ends and kinda shame the animes-only won't likely to know the developments. Based on past records lot of unfinished yuri manga adaptation, this too won't likely to get another season.
Sep 28, 2019 4:19 PM

Mar 2018
This is the only Shoujo Ai I've read but I'm guessing this has to be the best one out there. Loved from beginning to end and the drama is so good in this. 9/10
Sep 28, 2019 4:58 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
The best yuri that i have seen, without a doubt.
Sep 28, 2019 11:31 PM
Sep 2018
This might just be the best romance manga I've read in a while, not just yuri genre, but it can sure give other big names a run for it's money
Sep 29, 2019 5:16 AM

Jul 2019
and this manga ended.and i got happy that sayaka got a friend.h hope to see more works like this of mangaka :)
Sep 29, 2019 7:12 AM

Jan 2018
A great ending to a great series. One of the best romance manga I've read (also this was the first Shoujo Ai manga I ever picked up and the only one I loved). It was nice to see everyone one last time. They all looked great. Also happy that Sayaka also found someone. Also glad that there are people who know about Yuu and Touko's relationship. It was a beautiful manga. I'm glad I picked it up.
Sep 29, 2019 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
We got a time skip, I called it. Overall this was a really nice ending, I just wish they showed us Sayaka's girlfriend instead of just saying she has one. Definitely one of the best romances and also the second best yuri manga that I've read.
Sep 29, 2019 2:00 PM

Jul 2016
This was nice. Was a really late-comer into this series but I loved its emotional highpoints and characters.
Sep 29, 2019 8:18 PM
Sep 2018
I thought i could make it through the finale without tears.
The rings proved me wrong.
Sep 30, 2019 2:21 AM

Feb 2019
A well done timeskip. Its good to see rei supporting her sister's lesbian relationship. Sayaka got herself a girlfriend and I loved the awkwardness bet'n sayaka and touko.
Nice to see akari being happy with doujima and koyomi having her first work published.

And the most important, the rings! <3<3<3. It's so good to see the riings, I am crying the tears of happiness.
Sep 30, 2019 7:17 AM
Feb 2019
I was looking for a little bit more with it, but it still brought me closure with things I wanted to see and it was cute. their rings... I definitely didn’t make it through the chapter without crying.
Sep 30, 2019 9:29 AM

Mar 2017
What a satisfying ending! Sayaka has girlfriend now too. Happy end for everyone.
I'm already missing this manga :') Has been a wonderful journey.

9/10
Sep 30, 2019 11:04 AM

Feb 2018
will there be an extra (45.5), or is this the very final chapter?
Oct 1, 2019 6:00 AM

Apr 2013
For me, this is a masterpiece. The best yuri I've ever read. Hell, one of the best manga I've ever read.

This conclusion was perfect in many ways. I'm not even that sad it ended, because it felt just right. The characters are still there, living their life, happily. I can't help but shed a tear, though.

Also, I really, really liked how well-wrapped up this whole story was. I mean, just look at this panel from chapter 4:

and this one from chapter 45:

Yuu reached the stars.
ChowkkoOct 1, 2019 6:05 AM
Oct 1, 2019 8:42 AM

Mar 2014
I hope they will be happy onwards and forever ❤️
Oct 1, 2019 6:05 PM

Jun 2013
*Applause*. Too sweet for it's own good and probably one of the best of the genre.
Oct 2, 2019 3:01 AM

Feb 2007
A beautiful ending to a beautiful story. ^_^
Oct 2, 2019 4:27 AM

Sep 2009
If someone does not know yet.

Two short-story anthologies are planned: one by Nakatani itself and one by her fellow mangakas.

Also, Iruma Hitoma will pen 3rd volume of Sayaka prequel novel and Nakatani herself plans to write a novel about Sayaka's life in college.
Oct 2, 2019 8:09 AM

May 2017
I loved it. I don't have much more to say, it was a very beautiful ending, a beautiful story with romance, drama, happy moments, sad moments, funny moments, it was a pleasure to read this manga đź’—
    CARP 9/12/18 Eterno
Oct 2, 2019 10:08 AM

Feb 2010
An era, a memory, a masterpiece.
I will miss YagaKimi, hope that there will be some extra chapters about everyone's life in the future...
Oct 3, 2019 5:28 AM
Apr 2013
Well, this was the first yuri anime I ever watched, and manga I've ever read. Welp, looks like I don't have to read another one, because this one was pretty much perfect. The only thing I would've liked to see perhaps is the confrontation between Yuu and her mum, but well, Yuu's gonna do it somehow anyway. So, all there is left to it is to dream of the happily ever after. Thank you, Nakatani-sensei, for this masterpiece.
Oct 7, 2019 9:23 PM

Apr 2013
*Me while reading this chapter and realizing one of the best modern Yuri series is over*

Man so glad Touko and Yuu got a good ending tho and best wishes to the creator for giving us this great series. Can only hope the anime adaption can full adapt this series if it is greenlit again

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Oct 11, 2019 3:31 PM
Nov 2017
Best manga I've ever read.
Oct 22, 2019 10:22 AM

May 2015
After the penultimate chapter, it really felt like this chapter was a great way to end this work of art. Not much to say other than the fact that this is one of the best yuri works out there, if not the best.

Hoping for a greenlit of a season 2 for the anime. I am still craving for more YagaKimi and a conclusion for the anime too.

Nov 7, 2019 1:56 AM

Oct 2013
Still trying to sort out my thoughts, hit me like a trick. Though, the ending felt quite rushed and there are still open things (Like Sayaka's GF, how the others got together or Yuu's family about her being lesbian)

Still, very nice. I'm also really glad we got a sex scene since it's super rare

8/10
Nov 25, 2019 9:50 AM

Feb 2019
I'm so sad this series is over. It's been quite a ride. All those happy, lovely, sad, beautiful, nice, cute, adorable, deep, heartwarming moments are all over. We went from Touko denying herself and trying to become her sister and Yuu not understanding what love is to these two, fully comfortable in their lives, together.

All I can say is just wow right now, still sorting out my thoughts. Without a doubt, the best yuri/shoujo-ai out there. Nothing can compare to it honestly. It's just a masterpiece in its story, characters, pacing, art, and content. It made me really care about almost all of the side characters, especially Sayaka, to the point where there really was no antagonist or anyone of that sort here. Even Sayaka I was rooting for until the end, and I'm really happy that Sayaka found someone (wish we could see her though!)

I was half-expecting a timeskip, but I was expecting a timeskip to marriage. I'm pleasantly surprised that wasn't the case. Yuu cut her hair, not sure if I personally like it, but it feels like it fits her. Touko seems to not have changed one bit. It's really nice seeing everybody more mature and in a different stage of their lives. Koyomi is going to debut as an author. If she makes her stories with the same uniqueness as her play, she's going to be a great author (and if it could exist I'd like to read her novels please). Looks like Akari and Doujima are a thing, and seeing they're all in college now it must be really going well!

Yuu seems to have opened up about her relationship to her friends (except Doujima) and her sister. That's really nice. It's also cute how Rei really supports her younger sister's relationship.

That awkwardness between Touko and Sayaka though.

So Touko is on her way to be a real movie actress huh? Would not have expected that at the start of the series. Although, in retrospect, having to act like the image of her older sister means that she's pretty damn good at acting and practiced it for YEARS before she got into actual acting. But Yuu's still unsure of the direction of her life, as expected. But we all know once she gets into something, she's going to be REALLY into it.

I'll be completely honest: I did not see the rings until people mentioned it in the forum thread. So they're committed! It's really lovely, and despite just reading the previous chapter like a few minutes before this one, it all felt really nostalgic seeing all those locations, especially the train bridge with the stone steps and the road with the trees.

This manga really went full circle. We started with the panel in chapter 4 where Yuu reached out to the stars that Touko gave her from the planetarium, asking whether one day she can reach those stars and love someone. We ended with chapter 45, where Yuu reaches out to the stars in the sky, and takes back her hand, having reached them and loving someone.

What a beautiful ending. This is the perfect ending. It doesn't drag out too long and it does exactly what it needs to do, executing it so perfectly and not once feeling rushed in my personal opinion. This is truly the best yuri/shoujo-ai story that I have ever known, and will probably ever know. I know that this manga is perfect the way it is with its length and ending, but I still can't help but feel sad that it IS ending. I can't help but want more of Yuu and Touko. I'll really miss this series.

Thank you for this beautiful work of art, this masterpiece, Nakatani-sensei. Looking forward to more of your works in the future.

On a side note, why does it end on chapter 45 but MAL says there's 50 chapters? Am I missing something?
Nov 25, 2019 2:16 PM

Feb 2007
Phobez said:
On a side note, why does it end on chapter 45 but MAL says there's 50 chapters? Am I missing something?

MAL includes the intermissions in the total chapter count, see here.
Nov 25, 2019 6:44 PM

Feb 2019
luinthoron said:
Phobez said:

The extra chapters? Like .5?
Nov 26, 2019 1:48 AM

Feb 2007
Phobez said:
luinthoron said:

The extra chapters? Like .5?

Essentially, yes.
Jan 2, 2020 7:12 AM

Aug 2017
What an emotional ride that manga was. I'm happy and sad at the same time. Definitely one of the best yuri manga I've encountered so far.
Feb 4, 2020 11:42 PM
Feb 2019
I have already finished the series,but i am still a little bit confused on why Yuu and Nanami still don't live together.And they are still in a relationship aren't they?If they are,it brings a very big smile to me.What a way to end it!
Feb 27, 2020 6:25 PM

Feb 2014
Let´s just get Sayaka a random GF and everything will be ok -.-" that is what happened lol

Sincerely, a (rushed) happy ending but I just hoped author-san had better handle what would have happened to Sayaka after she got rejected and specially after she started to know about Touko and Yuu. The way author-san did it it was as if it wasnt big deal.

Good overall.

TechOtakuFeb 27, 2020 6:52 PM
Mar 2, 2020 1:33 PM

May 2015
Such a beautiful manga from start to finish. Honestly this is one of my top 2 favourite yuri anime/manga. (Its between Strawberry Panic and Bloom into You for top.)

Im so happy we got this. Both this and the anime were some of the best yuri we've had in years. Seriously need more proper good yuri like this.

Yuu is one of my favourite main characters ever. It was so surprising to see her get really assertive when they started dating lol. She went full tomboy after that timeskip too. Im surprised it was just dating fluff for the last 7odd chapters. It was great.

Its sad to see it end though. All my favourite mangas have been ending recently, Bloom into You, School Live. But all good things must come to end eventually. Its also weird cause I started this anime/manga when I was in school and am now job searching so when Yuu was talking about that I was like "Wow, thats weird" XD.

9/10 beautiful manga/anime and its one of the absolute best pieces of yuri we've ever got and probably ever will get. Love every second of it Yuu X Touko FTW!!!!!!!!!
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 11, 2020 2:11 PM
Jan 2018
Vi- said:
Let´s just get Sayaka a random GF and everything will be ok -.-" that is what happened lol

Sincerely, a (rushed) happy ending but I just hoped author-san had better handle what would have happened to Sayaka after she got rejected and specially after she started to know about Touko and Yuu. The way author-san did it it was as if it wasnt big deal.

Good overall.

Sayaka LN 3 is apprently about her in college and her GF
Mar 11, 2020 2:12 PM
Jan 2018
A lovely end ,

I was expecting some sort of time skip as I didn't see how it end other wise they couldn't have did one whole chapter of them dateing for longer it looked like there was a time skip last chapter as well.

Sayaka having a girlfriend is nice apprently her spin off vol 3 is about sayaka in college and about haru

Looks like Touko and Yuu are engaged as it shows yuu having a ring on here left ring finger.

Mattinator95Mar 11, 2020 2:38 PM
Mar 12, 2020 6:07 AM

Dec 2018
One of the best final chapters i have ever read!
What a ride it has been: a journey inside experiencing love for the first time, with all its ups and downs.
10/10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Chapter 44 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Mullerio- - Aug 26, 2019

73 by _elvira_ »»
Dec 11, 2023 10:47 AM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Chapter 40 Discussion

Markerhead - Apr 26, 2019

40 by KingYoshi »»
Nov 24, 2023 2:56 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Chapter 50 Discussion

HiljainenSipuli - Oct 27, 2023

5 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Oct 28, 2023 5:57 AM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Chapter 13 Discussion

megmica - Jun 30, 2016

12 by raulindefens »»
Sep 12, 2023 11:20 AM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Chapter 12 Discussion

Hijazi - Jun 2, 2016

9 by removed-user »»
Sep 6, 2023 3:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.