Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Teasing Master Takagi-san
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 28, 2019 4:12 AM
May 2013
i was about to lose my shit if nishikata didn't hold that girls' hand. they really did wait until the last minute for that payoff. but i'd be lying if i said i didn't love every second of it.
Sep 28, 2019 10:53 AM
Mar 2018
I really like how the series progress taking manga as a base I would say there's a lot more to it and we'll I was hoping we could see them In a relationship It would be more fun once it's official. The second series was slow yet so calm and the last episode Was really paced out a bit but I started my anime Journey with this Anime First season:p I have a soft corner for it
Sep 28, 2019 1:52 PM

Jun 2019
kuroneko99 said:
This episode's MVP was this man:

lmao yeees

I was smiling like an idiot when they were holding hands
this season was so good, I really enjoyed it, I will miss them
sorry Takagi-san, but Nishikata won the season 2

-

“You’ll always have me.”

-
Sep 29, 2019 12:18 AM
Apr 2018
You've won her heart, Nishikata my boy! That was a sweet finale. Solid 8/10.
Sep 29, 2019 8:14 AM

Feb 2017
damn, a lot of improvement in this season.
from the directing / cinematography, audio department and wholesome moment and relationship progress.
top anime of this season!

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Sep 29, 2019 12:22 PM

Sep 2019
I think It would take s3 or s4 to confess their feelings. Well decent ending. I'm happy with it.
Sep 29, 2019 1:33 PM

Apr 2016
It has been a very good second season. I hope we can see another season.
Sep 29, 2019 7:36 PM
Jan 2015
Their build up since season 1 up to this point and the pay off was so good. 10/10
The only bad thing is that I now want a S3 XD
Sep 30, 2019 3:09 AM

Oct 2008
Whoa what a way of ending the season! Nishikata really had made quite jumps in development since the last minutes of prev ep, And definitely one of the series that leaves you a feeling of wanting more, 12 episodes feels so short! just like the previous season, Its just this good!

I like how they made some alteration to connections to chapters or even add some details that wasn't present to manga. Well, the director did mentioned that he's going to try new things in this series season so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
Sep 30, 2019 10:14 PM

Nov 2012
Was the version that I watched cut off?
The one that I watched only goes for 23:42 and ends suddenly with them on the beach, it really felt like there should be a bit more to that end scene.
私のホバークラフトはウナギでいっぱいです。
Sep 30, 2019 11:27 PM

Mar 2018
The ending scene made me really happy, especially after all the buildup. But know, I guess it is time to say goodbye to this cute and relatable show.
Oct 1, 2019 3:56 AM

Mar 2009
I'd be quite happy if this series never ends.
Oct 2, 2019 7:50 PM

Sep 2011
Cute looking forward to a season 3!
Oct 4, 2019 9:51 PM

Feb 2014
What makes this anime good is exactly what makes it not good enough, IMO.

It feels like it's an anime that stopped in time, making it a bit boring some times even though I didnt binge watched it.

I know this is how the anime is, but a real progression wouldnt hurt.
When you feel like you're getting one, in the end it's just a game.

There wasn't major changing since season 1. What changed from season 1 is that this season seemed like to have focused in "relationship" or "romantic" games between both of them, which gives a false impression of progression, in my opinion.

Anyway, Cute enough. 6/10
TechOtakuOct 4, 2019 10:01 PM
Oct 5, 2019 2:50 AM

May 2014
Another great season with lots to enjoy. The 2nd half of the season in particular felt very strong, especially those last few episodes.

I think it still suffers from Nishikata always 'losing', getting really easily one-upped or in some cases kiiiinda cheated of victory. I can kind of compare the battle of wits to Kaguya-sama, which was a brilliant dynamic of each of them having their own victories. Not to say that this should have that same kind of dynamic, but Nishikata having the odd win or even something that just stops him from being able to win or lose would at least make things feel a little fresh. Yes, I understand him always losing is basically a core part of the series, but still. There's just so many parts where I can't stop my brain from going, "really? You fell for that?".

Either way still enjoyed it a lot and the 2nd half of the reason really brought it up for me. Solid 8/10 just like the first season.
Oct 5, 2019 5:46 PM
Jul 2017
Really sweet ending,, with sweet voice answer from takagi 😍.. oh man,, really love this two character 😍..
And Kimura, is the best friend..
Oct 6, 2019 10:58 AM

Mar 2012
Everything about this season was great
Oct 7, 2019 11:00 AM

Oct 2010
794 said:
Another great season with lots to enjoy. The 2nd half of the season in particular felt very strong, especially those last few episodes.

I think it still suffers from Nishikata always 'losing', getting really easily one-upped or in some cases kiiiinda cheated of victory. I can kind of compare the battle of wits to Kaguya-sama, which was a brilliant dynamic of each of them having their own victories. Not to say that this should have that same kind of dynamic, but Nishikata having the odd win or even something that just stops him from being able to win or lose would at least make things feel a little fresh. Yes, I understand him always losing is basically a core part of the series, but still. There's just so many parts where I can't stop my brain from going, "really? You fell for that?".

Either way still enjoyed it a lot and the 2nd half of the reason really brought it up for me. Solid 8/10 just like the first season.

To be fair, he does win quite a few times. But he always ends up forfeiting the victory for one reason or another, usually because he's tricked into doing so. Like in one game that I can't remember exactly he had to guess something and he got it right but she had a really good poker face so he said "never mind" and she was like "So I win then?" and he agreed then she revealed that his guess was correct and he would've won if he didn't say he was joking. His main issue is really that he's really dense lol. But there's definitely signs that he's finally picking up on things lately...
Oct 7, 2019 3:50 PM

May 2014
Kougeru said:
To be fair, he does win quite a few times. But he always ends up forfeiting the victory for one reason or another, usually because he's tricked into doing so. Like in one game that I can't remember exactly he had to guess something and he got it right but she had a really good poker face so he said "never mind" and she was like "So I win then?" and he agreed then she revealed that his guess was correct and he would've won if he didn't say he was joking. His main issue is really that he's really dense lol. But there's definitely signs that he's finally picking up on things lately...

True, he did have some victories that he gave up due to his own fault of being super dense. I think the reason I enjoyed the 2nd half so much is that he was finally picking up the fact that she might like him. If we do get a third season, I think it will be a lot less him being dense and a lot more of them becoming a closer couple.
Oct 7, 2019 3:55 PM

Oct 2010
Her reaction when he asked her to the festival should've told him everything if he wasn't so focused on seeing her as a rival lol. Blu-ray sales are going well well for this series, so I fully expect a Season 3 some day but I don't want to jinx it. I want to see this pair get married >.<
Oct 8, 2019 7:12 AM

Dec 2012
KIMURA YOU'RE THE FUCKING MVP

Oct 9, 2019 2:23 AM

Jun 2016
I'm not really a fan of episodic anime but this one really caught my interest. The 2nd season became less episodic too.
Nishikata landed a critical strike which Takagi-san didn't expect. That scene really made me blush >,< and got teary-eyed for some reason. Haha. So yeah, episode 12 is really solid and heart-warming.

P.S: Don't forget Kimura for being the best boy when all hope's lost 😂
I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil.

STAPLE STABLE
Oct 9, 2019 4:14 PM
Jan 2018
This anime is so heart-warming, pure and wholesome, it grew quite a bit on me. 10/10. A nice way to relax from the shenanigans of real life. I simply need to start playing the ED song "Kiseki" by Takahashi Rie, and I feel joyful. Here's to hope for a season 3. (Kimura best bro.)
Oct 12, 2019 8:01 AM

May 2015
KIMURA SAVED THE DAY!!!! WHAT A BRO!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 12, 2019 2:17 PM

Oct 2010
After I finished this I went and caught up on the manga and the spin-off manga. Then I felt like I still wanted more so I rewatched S1. But it wasn't enough.

For the time in over a decade, I've watched an anime twice in one year. Not even a month since I finished it. I really really want more. Takagi-san is perfect. Nishikata and Takagi-san are the perfect couple. I live for Takagi-san now.

I really really hope the VR anime gets funded.... https://www.makuake.com/project/takagi3/
KougeruOct 12, 2019 2:27 PM
Oct 14, 2019 12:39 AM

Jul 2015
Kimura is a really good friend, helping nishikata like that

Nishikata holding hands with Takagi puts a smile on my face

Pretty good season, can't wait for season 3 to start, we need more teasing games!

Oct 16, 2019 10:01 PM

Jul 2015
Someone halp, want to read manga picking up from end of anime, but not sure where to start. I know ep 12 was anime original, so what point was the closest to the manga?
Oct 20, 2019 1:05 AM

Apr 2015
A slight improvement to S1. 5/10

An observation: Takagi-san tends to be better in everyday school life sketches. Sags a lot when it takes it outside the school
LanzOct 20, 2019 1:33 AM
Oct 22, 2019 10:35 AM

Aug 2008
I think I'll give this the same rating as the first season, 8/10. In some ways the season was better and in others lesser for me. I admit that given that Takagi clearly wanted to reel Nishikata in that her continuing to tease him like she does is a great way for things to turn against her as almost happens. That he denies to himself that she likes him in that way and is just messing with his head. Dangerous game there. So at times the teasing games got old for me and I wanted to see more relationship development which we got more of in the later episodes to my delight. Last couple of eps would be easy 10/10s if there was more of that.

My main problem are the cutaways to the three girls that every episode does. I want to see our main duo and I found myself skipping ahead as their scenes appeared as I just didn't care. If their presence was lessened or at the least had their little stories tied more in with Takagi and Nishikata I would have accepted their screen time much more than I do now. As it is, it was a weight on my enjoyment so I can't bump up this show to the 9/10 I probably would have given it.

If I ever come back to this I can just skip them entirely so I guess in the future I can view this better than I do now. :)
Oct 25, 2019 11:06 AM

Aug 2017
Beautiful anime. Kimura gets major bro award. I did like the previous episode more though.
Oct 28, 2019 6:44 PM

Feb 2019
the perfect ending to the season. The song during that fireworks sequence was fantastic, All the side characters showing up was Just astounding and after-credits scene just to top it all off. it was truly amazing.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Nov 3, 2019 7:13 PM

Mar 2017
Finally ended, solid 10/10! I'm just gonna copy a comment I saw from YouTube, pretty much sums up what I feel about this episode and series.

The anime forced us to see them constantly together trying to tease each other and they only get separated with going home or have other duties.

Which is natural, of course, yet it's done in a way for us to feel they will always stick together through the whole thing. So when they indeed were separated, it hit me really hard that they actually struggled to find each other. That moment that Takagi was searching in her own dismay and Nishikata was whimpering in exhaustion to redeem her night (and of course his friend giving way for them to continue on with the night) was just fucking amazing.

It wasnt a tear jerker moment like toradora, or happyhour moment like comedy shows.

It was just... Nice? It feels whole. It feels great. It's a mix of emotions that you just want them to share that single moment, yet at the same time you want to see more.

I cant explain it, on simple terms and it makes me frustrated that I cant elaborate the feelings of those scenes, it just feels wonderful.

I guess this is just love?

Then if it is, it's a wonderful wonderful feeling.
Nov 12, 2019 11:56 PM

Sep 2010
Season 3 please. This series is too wholesome and I love it.
Nov 24, 2019 2:15 AM
Aug 2018
InKensify said:
Season 3 please. This series is too wholesome and I love it.

I hope for a season 3 also, the anime is just great and is refreshing to watch. Let's pray that some news comes out sometime in the future about a potential new season or an adaptation of the spin off manga!
Dec 1, 2019 3:48 AM
Dec 2016
OMG it definitely makes me so happy when the ending song is played, it the same song used in Tsuki ga Kirei (as The Moon so Beautiful)!
I loved that moment combined by the past episode scenes.
Dec 14, 2019 10:21 AM
Nov 2019
AWWWW season 2 is finish already huhu. The anime was so niceeee the characters story plot was so cuteeeee. Really love them. Just felt bad it ended PLEASE SEASON 3 PLEASE!!!
Dec 16, 2019 3:19 PM
Jan 2016
Great finale for sure!

Takagi in yukata was realy cute!

It was kinda painful, waiting for Nishikata to make a move, even with Takagi hints, but thanks to that, and also was even more painful to watch them separated during fireworks, but after that painful buildup, Nishikata managed to make a move, finale, the moment were he hold her hand was just wonderful and sweet, i am realy happy to see how much their romantic relationship developed!

Dont forget about our MVP, Kimura! He was a true friend!

I will miss this show for sure! Hope for a 3rd season!
LimaolcDec 16, 2019 3:27 PM
Dec 16, 2019 3:28 PM
Jan 2016
Awesome comment, it is totally how i feel in this show!

BlueIsLove said:
Finally ended, solid 10/10! I'm just gonna copy a comment I saw from YouTube, pretty much sums up what I feel about this episode and series.

The anime forced us to see them constantly together trying to tease each other and they only get separated with going home or have other duties.

Which is natural, of course, yet it's done in a way for us to feel they will always stick together through the whole thing. So when they indeed were separated, it hit me really hard that they actually struggled to find each other. That moment that Takagi was searching in her own dismay and Nishikata was whimpering in exhaustion to redeem her night (and of course his friend giving way for them to continue on with the night) was just fucking amazing.

It wasnt a tear jerker moment like toradora, or happyhour moment like comedy shows.

It was just... Nice? It feels whole. It feels great. It's a mix of emotions that you just want them to share that single moment, yet at the same time you want to see more.

I cant explain it, on simple terms and it makes me frustrated that I cant elaborate the feelings of those scenes, it just feels wonderful.

I guess this is just love?

Then if it is, it's a wonderful wonderful feeling.
Dec 25, 2019 2:20 PM

Nov 2014
Such a sweet end. So heartwarming. When he grabbed her hand I just couldn't stop smiling.

S3 plz.
Dec 25, 2019 5:27 PM

Aug 2013
keldar said:
Fayrin said:
It's over. It was so cute, and beautiful, and pure, and wholesome that it hurts.

I could not agree more. I really hope they make a 3rd season. Hoping, hoping, hoping.

Yeah. Me too. It was even better than 1st season.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 27, 2019 7:25 PM

Nov 2015
My god that was so wholesome. Usually in romances it's looked down upon for the main couple to never get anywhere within 12eps, but takagi-san proves that wrong. All you need are some great characters. This better get a S3, if we get a kiss in s3 i'll probably be diagnosed with diabetes.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Dec 28, 2019 11:55 AM

Mar 2014
hahaha Netflix-kun, publishing the second season first?! I never knew about it until comming to MAL! Even without watching the first season I really had a blast with this anime. I don't know if "teasing" is considered white humor but they were pretty innocents without reaching the "bullying territory". About this episode, it was pretty wholesome. I really like it.
Dec 28, 2019 9:29 PM
Mar 2015
kuroneko99 said:

Didn't really like him but damn did my opinion improve of him in the last episode.
Dec 29, 2019 5:55 PM

Nov 2017
That was kinda a disappointing finale. Except for Kimura.. and Tanabe-sensei .. and that song. Man that song was beautiful. Phew. Overall this 2nd season felt like an upgrade and I’m glad it aired recently. All the different ed’s were cool too.

plz @ me
Dec 30, 2019 12:08 AM

Jan 2012
Well gosh, way to go Nishikata! A pretty wonderfully adorable summer festival finale to our second season, complete with lewd hand holding goodness. XD You know, I looked back on what I wrote for the first season's final episode in 2018 and I though we'd never get a second season. Boy was I wrong, but I'm glad I was as more Takagi-san goodness is never a bad thing. And overall I'd say this season was pretty much as solidly wonderful asd the first, 8/10.

Now here's to hoping we get more of the series in anime form. Either the original or the sequel! ;)
Dec 30, 2019 5:53 AM

Feb 2018
Takagi so cute xD. Btw Nishikata winn.
Dec 31, 2019 6:17 AM
May 2018
Man Kimura saves the day, nishikita can be a black hole with all those hints his missing but overall it’s good and sweet and very romantic I hope season 3 will be released.
Jan 3, 2020 2:21 AM

Jan 2014
It is amazing how much of a sense of drama and suspense they can build over something as simple as becoming separated at a festival
Jan 9, 2020 6:19 AM

Dec 2010
Without that separation, I don't think the ending could have ended on such a high note.

It shows the strength of their bonds and how much they care for each other. <3
Jan 11, 2020 11:38 AM
Jun 2015
kuroneko99 said:

i loved and i want a new season
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zamandzoe - Sep 15, 2019

131 by _untitled »»
Mar 23, 3:42 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2019

77 by _untitled »»
Mar 22, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zamandzoe - Sep 1, 2019

70 by _untitled »»
Mar 21, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2019

49 by _untitled »»
Mar 20, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2019

84 by _untitled »»
Mar 20, 3:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.