Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 6, 2019 9:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, Bell is really going far into trying to help Haruhime.

The underworld activities in this show and characters involved are pretty low scumbags. Luckly, Bell is one of those guys that wants to help people rather than use them. Mikoto is badass as hell this episode.
Stark700Sep 6, 2019 9:46 AM
Sep 6, 2019 9:19 AM

Jul 2017
Bell is kinda like an OP softie.
ClickbaitSep 6, 2019 9:25 AM
Sep 6, 2019 9:50 AM

Apr 2010
Bell's secret is out it seems or better said the secret Hestia was trying to protect.
And he almost walked the stairs the adulthood.

Mikoto went at it big time even putting up a sacrifice like that, she did well but it was at a price.
Sep 6, 2019 9:57 AM

Dec 2018
Bell is pretty swag.
pog
Sep 6, 2019 10:00 AM

Aug 2013
Seems like Ishtar has some problem with Freya.
Also Ishtar now knows Bell's secret.

Sep 6, 2019 10:22 AM
Jul 2019
Apparently Phryne is Greek for toad, which explains Phryne Jamil's frog-like face and build. Ancient Greek literature refers to a prostitute which also had that name.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phryne

Also, is it true that Sword Oratoria fleshes out Ishtar's scumminess further?
Sep 6, 2019 10:44 AM
Feb 2018
Where the f*ck is my RPG-Comedy with a touch of romance? What is this retarded Martie Sue drama shit?
Sep 6, 2019 10:47 AM
Dec 2017
Animation this episode was kinda meh. And it kinda feels rushed. Also, did mikoto just kill someone? O.o
Sep 6, 2019 11:03 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Despite the odds arrayed against them its nice to see Bell manage to overcome his doubts and try and settle this matter himself. A combined blitz stealth attack sure was an interesting tactic to use. It was pretty satisfying at seeing Ishtar's charm being rejected by Bell's abilities. Despite the odds Mikoto's determination to rescue Haruhime really was impressive. While it may not match well with the honor code that Mikoto follows being able to adapt your tactics to the field is what separates the elites from the rank and file. The close range discharge of magic while risky sure did well in both proving this belief while clearing the way. With the killing stone destroyed the only trial left to face is Aisha and the frog which i believe will be quite the challenge. Seems that beyond Bell's party there are others that will be striking at Ishtar familia soon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2019 11:14 AM

Nov 2014
Those episodes are way too short :| I'm happy Bell is doing something, but I still wish he were a bit more badass at it.
Sep 6, 2019 11:17 AM
Apr 2018
Also, is it true that Sword Oratoria fleshes out Ishtar's scumminess further?
Yes it is.
They also explain in more detail how they thought they would be able to defeat ottarl and the family freya besides the use of the killing stone.(Evilus curse)
ZenL said:
Animation this episode was kinda meh. And it kinda feels rushed. Also, did mikoto just kill someone? O.o

Yeah, mikoto part on the bridge lasted longer on the LN.
Also from what I could see from the staff list this week there are more animator directors than the usual, which is equivalent to say(in most cases) that they had problems in finishing the episode.
Sep 6, 2019 11:38 AM
Nov 2018
Satisfying episode as entire season, however them deciding to try impossible feels a little contradictory to last episode's events. Well, at least it's in character for Bell, along with another power which was kept hidden by Hestia
Sep 6, 2019 11:58 AM

Sep 2014
Lol Bell was unaffected by Ishtar's charm. Mikoto really did her best out there to save her friend. Now that the stone is destroyed, they only need to escape with Haruhime. I wonder if Freya's familia will intervene in this.
Sep 6, 2019 12:19 PM

Feb 2014
Can't wait for the next episode!! The rise of Argonaut!!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 6, 2019 12:24 PM
Apr 2013
The fight between Mikoto and Samira is retarded and disappointing. I KNEW somehow jc shit will find a way to fuck it up, hats off to them for pulling such an incredible stunt. Dropped with a 1/10.
Sep 6, 2019 12:43 PM

May 2016
Bell was about to be eaten by Ishtar and I find that scene amusing.

Finally they broke the stupid stone, and hope they end this stupid season soon.
Sep 6, 2019 12:54 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The animation was of more inconsistent quality than in some of the other episodes.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 6, 2019 12:55 PM

Apr 2014
Gosh, this is worse than the spinoff series..
Sep 6, 2019 1:14 PM
Sep 2016
If they plan to end this arc the next episode it will be rushed as fuck, but after the War Game i wouldnt be surprised. Please, no Season 3, we dont need JCS ruining the Xenos arc.
Sep 6, 2019 1:17 PM
Jun 2015
if this week episode is the end of prostitute arc then danmachi season 2 will end failure. but that make me wonder, "did they really have a plan for season 3?" because for LN reader, current episode is like the flag for season 3. it is different if they have a plan to end this season like season 1
Sep 6, 2019 1:18 PM
Aug 2019
Yes!!! Finally!!! An episode with more substantial action & pulse!!! MIKOTO FTW!!! I sure hope she’s gonna be ok!!! >_<
Sep 6, 2019 1:20 PM

Feb 2015
It's astonishing the contrast in quality between the main DanMachi story and the spinoff. Adaption wise, people hated the spin off but it's so much better. None of this inane hero stuff, and a bigger focus on an actual story. I'd have given a second season of the spin for this one any day, even without knowing it would have turned out like this.
Leo said:
You must be a detective.
Sep 6, 2019 1:29 PM

Apr 2015
Bell was so close to being Ishtar's next dinner... lucky for him, Ishtar's charm does not work on him. This does mean Hestia's secret about Bell is known with Ishtar now. I wonder if that will have any consequences.

The killing stone has been broken, thank god. Mikoto definitely pulled out quite the spell there..
Sep 6, 2019 1:34 PM

Feb 2014
I'm just happy that it didn't take long for Bell to get over his earlier failure in rescuing Haruhime and his one-man assault at the entrance to the Ishtar Familia was impressive.

However, it wasn't long before Ishtar herself made her appearance and had Bell pinned to the floor. She was quick to strip herself nude and tried to charm him, but luckily, Bell wasn't effected by it. Lucky boy was able to keep his virginity, thankfully. ^^'

Mikoto was valiant with her attempt at rescuing Haruhime, but her efforts weren't strong enough to deal with Samira. However, she decided to use a powerful spell that took out most of the ladies, as well as herself for now, which gave Bell enough time for Bell to make his entrance and destroy the killing stone.

The animation was struggling again with this episode, too. Most scenes were fine, but others, including the small fight between Bell and Phryne, was on the disappointing side. J.C. Staff need to do better than this for the next episode...
Sep 6, 2019 1:36 PM

Oct 2012
They are still dragging this for too long... how many times would he need to run away from them only to be catched again and run away again?

While this episode was certainly a bit better than the previous one, there were certainly plot moments that reeked of convenience and they also introduced another deus ex machina with sudden Bell's immunity to Isthar charming spell.

Also, Mikoto, even if ninja, wouldn't be able to climb that tower with such flesh wond - she wouldn't be even able to use her hand during the battle and would be bleeding to death shortly after.

But what I didn't like the most is how both Bell and she were literally massacring the women in the keep to save their friend (and without any second thought). This would be ok if it was only Mikoto herself but for Bell to burn people to death in rage, no matter who he wants to save, that was big no-no.
Of course, most of them who got the hit, either by sword or fire would be conveniently saved because blade or fire aren't really deadly, right? /s The worst thing here was that they didn't even question his behavior becuase their enemies were mostly some nonames who don't count if you kill them.

And Isn't it wrong to kill off the girls outside of the Dungeon?
Mich666Sep 6, 2019 1:43 PM
Sep 6, 2019 1:48 PM

Apr 2016
Honestly I'm really bored by this series, the first series was ok but I can't appreciate this second season. The greatest problem is where the story is going, I don’t like this kind of things. There are only three episode left, so I don’t expect too much by the end.
Sep 6, 2019 2:01 PM
Apr 2016
Yautja said:

Leo said:
You must be a detective.

also it seems that Ishtar's charm does not work on Bell
Sep 6, 2019 2:04 PM
Jun 2017
is it only fireboll cranel style, it's really disappointing why cranel's strength is weaker than season 1. compared to the action genre danmachi is more to the echi romance genre that has a lot of funservis, rather than epick battles
Sep 6, 2019 2:04 PM

Nov 2011
Dude huge Episode for Mikoto!!! Such an underrated character.

Aisha keep having those regrets about Haruhime...I think she believes in Bell. Im starting to like Aisha more and more each week.

Dude that Samurai who through that girl into the air...that had me crying lol.

BELL MY BOY!!!!

Great episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 6, 2019 2:16 PM

Feb 2015
Franck_Nicolas said:
Yautja said:

You must be a detective.

also it seems that Ishtar's charm does not work on Bell

Dude, call Sherlock, you could have a career in this!
Sep 6, 2019 2:22 PM

Feb 2016
Wonder if Bell would be so broken up if it was a dude instead of a cute fox girl.
I'm starting to see way too much similarity between Bell and Shirou Emiya.
Sep 6, 2019 2:49 PM
Sep 2016
Rizki_Diablo said:
if this week episode is the end of prostitute arc then danmachi season 2 will end failure. but that make me wonder, "did they really have a plan for season 3?" because for LN reader, current episode is like the flag for season 3. it is different if they have a plan to end this season like season 1

The arc will end next week most likely, they will probably rush it so they can make an even more rushed adaptation of V8. I will pray that they never do a S3, Xenos arc is the best or second best arc with the best fight of all Danmachi, and seeing S2 it would be rushed and very underwhelming. I rather not have a S3 that they ruining THAT fight.
Sep 6, 2019 2:55 PM
Sep 2016
Afrian_Patria said:
is it only fireboll cranel style, it's really disappointing why cranel's strength is weaker than season 1. compared to the action genre danmachi is more to the echi romance genre that has a lot of funservis, rather than epick battles

Dont expect epic battles from current JC Staff lol.
Sep 6, 2019 2:56 PM

Jun 2017
Bell has the anti-women charm, no wonder he has no balls and runs away all the time lol.
Sep 6, 2019 3:43 PM
Jul 2019
This anime is becoming boring.
Sep 6, 2019 3:43 PM

Mar 2014
Remember when people were trashing on Bell for being a wimp last week?
Yeah I do

He gets his second wind and everyone be cheering him on, people are as predictable as ever...
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Sep 6, 2019 4:00 PM

Jan 2017
Wait, what? I just about finished dr stone and heres this episode finishing. God dam., was it that good!
Anyway, Haruhime's monologue animation made her so dramatic, geez, and why? Why would you really spend those moments having a damned debate... save her first, then argue about all the crap; Haruhime can be a serious pain but hopefully she most likely survives ("hopefully she most likely" -that shouldn't really make sense, but meh)
Sep 6, 2019 4:07 PM

Apr 2012
I came to see hero actionning with defying odds and lots of screaming and I wasn't disappointed one bit.

Who cares if Bell is a predictable Gary Stu, it's great.

Also yo next week, Argonaut, LET'S GO!!!
EratiKSep 7, 2019 2:37 AM
Sep 6, 2019 4:11 PM

Aug 2018
The rescue mission finally began. But I wonder when the Freya's familia will intervene and what will they do. In fact, I think they will either try to destroy the Ishtar's familia or try to take Haruhime on their side (to achieve the ritual by themselves perhaps).

Sep 6, 2019 4:16 PM

Apr 2013
next episode is called Argonaut... last time an episode was called like that was in season 1 and something amazing happened. I highly doubt it'll be as Badass as Season 1's episode 8 but i still want to see something awesome
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Sep 6, 2019 4:23 PM
Sep 2016
DelusionalUzume said:
next episode is called Argonaut... last time an episode was called like that was in season 1 and something amazing happened. I highly doubt it'll be as Badass as Season 1's episode 8 but i still want to see something awesome

Considering they want to end V7 in the next episode, i doubt it. They will probably rush the fight and make it a dissapointment, like they did with Hyakhintus.

Sep 6, 2019 4:45 PM
Nov 2017
ghtyujkkpkohkjb said:
Where the f*ck is my RPG-Comedy with a touch of romance? What is this retarded Martie Sue drama shit?

Jesus christ, this x 1000. I'm pretty much only watching this since i enjoyed season 1 and somehow still had some hope at the start.
And what the fuck is this pacing, the familia wars shit ended in 2 episodes but now we're getting cliffhanger after cliffhanger of some princess plot that I doubt many care about. Saving the cute anime girl can only hold as a plot point for so long.
Sep 6, 2019 4:46 PM
Mar 2017
Finally Bell man up and decides to rescue Haruhime and Mikoto also join him, best of all, they have an alternate plan in case of not rescuing Haruhime, destroying the stone of death before the ritual is performed.

Bell was full firebolt in the palace of the Ishtar family, he gave no mercy to any of the Amazons that crossed his path.
Bell is surrounded by Frine, Aisha and a large group of Amazons, but the sensual goddess Ishtar stops them and she tries to seduce him by undressing herself in front of the helpless boy, but for the bad luck of the goddess Ishtar, Bell is immune to her seduction and he achieves to run away from her.

I liked to see that the goddess Freya already had her whole family ready to attack the palace of the Ishtar family.

I feel sorry for poor Haruhime, poor thing she doesn't feel worthy of being saved because she is a prostitute, but Mikoto and Bell's friendship goes beyond and they are still willing to go to her rescue.

Mikoto made a desperate attack to give Bell a chance to save Haruhime and his sacrifice served for Bell to destroy the stone of death in time.

Now that the ritual failed, what will happen?
Freya will send her family to attack the Ishtar family to save Bell?
Or simply the goddess Ishtar will give up to see that all her plan failed in her face?

Whatever happens, I hope Bell and Mikoto take Haruhime.
Sep 6, 2019 5:01 PM
Aug 2019
I really want to like this anime, I really do, but now this anime is getting super boring as we start to close the final chapter on Volume 7. When you look at these fight scenes they look so tacky and quick so the characters can get back to talking. This episode is not how I envisioned from the LN, These scenes fill up the episode with nonsensical fighting or bland dialogue. I will admit that this episode was much more exciting since we get back to fighting but again the fight scenes really need some work. Uptill now I don't know if I can stay awake for the last 3 episodes, because I know they're gonna fuck up the ending in some way that I hope for the sake of the Omori they won't make a season 3.
Sep 6, 2019 5:21 PM

Dec 2016
KR_P said:
Wonder if Bell would be so broken up if it was a dude instead of a cute fox girl.

I think Bell is so pure that he would react almost the same way if it was a dude.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 6, 2019 5:51 PM

Feb 2016
Nieznajomy43 said:
KR_P said:

I think Bell is so pure that he would react almost the same way if it was a dude.

So far he has only concerned himself with girls (which is completely in character for a harem MC); Welf is the closest and he hardly needed 'to be rescued'.
He was raised to believe "saving the girls" is a goal of the hero.

There's the narrative that 'prostitutes are people too' but the only ones shown to have a negative opinion of prostitutes are Bell and friends (and Haruhime).
Anti-slavery or anti-'human' sacrifice would have probably been the "pure" motive for Bell.
Sacrifices seem to be rare but slavery seems fairly common.
Sep 6, 2019 5:57 PM
Sep 2016
KR_P said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

So far he has only concerned himself with girls (which is completely in character for a harem MC); Welf is the closest and he hardly needed 'to be rescued'.

There's the narrative that 'prostitutes are people too' but the only ones shown to have a negative opinion of prostitutes are Bell and friends (and Haruhime).
Anti-slavery or anti-'human' sacrifice would have probably been the "pure" motive for Bell.

Well, Bell did "save" Welf in V8 (next arc). Probably will get skipped, you know, as everything related to Welf (poor guy). Also saved Mord, and he did saved more dudes in the expedition arc.
Siegfried10Sep 6, 2019 6:02 PM
Sep 6, 2019 6:04 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
LOL at Hestia worrying about Bell's chastity because he almost got devoured by Ishtar. I think the Freya and the Hestia familia are going to get involved and destroy Ishtar familia.
Sep 6, 2019 6:43 PM

Feb 2016
Siegfried10 said:
KR_P said:

Well, Bell did "save" Welf in V8 (next arc). Probably will get skipped, you know, as everything related to Welf (poor guy). Also saved Mord, and he did saved more dudes in the expedition arc.

I'm anime only sooo....and it also hasn't 'happened'.
How did he "save" Mord; didn't they fight and then he stated respecting/helping Bell?...he has risked his life and the lives/livelihood of his friends multiple times for 'girls'.

I'm not saying any of this is 'bad' or unexpected from this type of show and it is also expected for all the other characters to be in awe of 'the special action-harem-jesus-kun' but it's just kinda weird to see real people treat the character (a slight twist on the generic harem MC) that way too.
TBH I really liked season 1 and was really excited for a sequel, maybe I'm just underwhelmed by season 2 overall and am just taking it out on Bell's (lacking) character.
Sep 6, 2019 6:52 PM

Dec 2014
Honestly, the thing I most interested in this arc right now is what kind of move Freya plans to make.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

116 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 27, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

188 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

121 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

167 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2019

139 by amlg »»
Jan 31, 8:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.