Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2019 7:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, the resistance decides to make a move for a revolution. The destruction of the tower makers their act of rebellion.

Hell, we even got to see Takuya fight and kick some ass. Even the dragon girl from the previous episodes makes a return! Too bad she didn't last long.
Stark700Sep 3, 2019 8:22 AM
Sep 3, 2019 8:37 AM

Aug 2013
The prisoners decided to revolt. Bazuka is one lucky guy having survived that fall though he got traped in that coffin. I hope he rots in there.

Kunkun is all grown up and it was nice to see her again.

Sep 3, 2019 8:40 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was a mildly disturbing ending. Still though how did Kunkun go from being so alive to so dead in seemingly a split second? Felt weird
Sep 3, 2019 8:47 AM
Jan 2018
HaXXspetten said:
Well that was a mildly disturbing ending. Still though how did Kunkun go from being so alive to so dead in seemingly a split second? Felt weird
Exhaustion from carrying two people a long distance and injuries from crash-landing.
Sep 3, 2019 9:01 AM
Jan 2019
Are they really going to eat her? Plz nooo..
Sep 3, 2019 9:08 AM
Jun 2017
oh god please no, Please don't make him eat her ;-;
Sep 3, 2019 9:12 AM

Nov 2016
Dying in that coffin seems appropriate. Regarding the judgement of God, Enel is disappointed.

And hey, can't afford to waste valuable food.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 3, 2019 9:34 AM
Feb 2009
jeez talk about food in the middle of the desert -.-
Sep 3, 2019 10:38 AM
Aug 2019
I really hope that Takuya doesn’t go ahead and eat KunKun after all >_< I’m sure we’ll find out in the next episode >_<
Sep 3, 2019 10:41 AM

Feb 2019
I believe Takuya just taught Kanna's mother the saying about staying alive....that reminds me of

Spoiler for another Visual Novel turned into an anime

I'm not a fan of the whole comical falling of the Prison Warden either, and I suspect we will be seeing him again.

KunKun didn't grow at all the first time we saw her at the prison...then the next time she is fully grown...okay...also I could have sworn the mom called KunKun her son.

Honestly, if they actually do eat KunKun...I may just drop the show with only 3 episodes left...that would be a huge contrivance that I don't think I can deal with at this point.
Sep 3, 2019 11:20 AM

Jan 2019
That was Fkd up... They really are gonna eat her??? o_O
Sep 3, 2019 11:56 AM

May 2018
Wlep, the rebellion has begun and them rebels succeeded, too bad for that big fat bald guy.

How did Kunkun died that easily, don't tell me it was due to heat exhaustion for carrying two people on long hauls??/?
Sep 3, 2019 1:44 PM

Oct 2017
WTF?!
KunKun turned into a cutie... then turned into food...

Seeing how sick this thing is becoming, i wont be surprised if it turns out Takuya is his own father, and his mother was actually his daughter, lol
Sep 3, 2019 2:49 PM

Feb 2019
RainyShadow said:
WTF?!
KunKun turned into a cutie... then turned into food...

Seeing how sick this thing is becoming, i wont be surprised if it turns out Takuya is his own father, and his mother was actually his daughter, lol

It's screwed up enough to eat a mount to survive.

It was really screwed up when humans had to eat other already dead humans to survive.

Yet here is Takuya about to supposedly strike a killing blow to a sentient creature that he helped raise to supposedly eat it.

Not only that, but this woman who is a freedom fighter, fighting against the injustices of the empire says to him "these creatures are food"....what kind of thing is that for a freedom fighter to say? Not to mention the first part of this arc was trying to get us and Takuya to sympathize with these creatures, but now it looks like he is willingly going to go along with the idea that she's just livestock?

Also, the capital doesn't even look that far. This just feels like a cheap shock by the authors....
Sep 3, 2019 4:37 PM
Jun 2016
Does this end this season? Or will there be another season?
Sep 3, 2019 4:37 PM

Aug 2018
And another dead character : this arc doesn't fail to provide death after death. Kunkun died the same way as Aila did : when things became interesting, when I really wanted to learn more about both of 'em. However, I still have a tiny hope than Kunkun survives somehow, I do want it to happen.

However, decent episdoe with the rebellion beginning. But I don't really understand why Kunkun fleed immediatly after the tower fell : I thought Takuya & Amanda would at least tell her to stop to check after the other prisoners. And obviously, to prepare their travel... weird part honestly.
Sep 3, 2019 5:19 PM
Jun 2015
I second that they should have taken the time to come prepared after the prison was under the resistance's control. Given he spent over a year there, a half or even one more day wouldn't have mattered.

Also, look at all those greens right in front of the imperial city, and not too far away from where they crashed. Takuya and Amanda should have saved enough energy to make the trip there, KunKun in tow. And wasn't the oasis where they met the bounty hunter somewhere close to the imperial city?

This anime got so messed up...
Sep 3, 2019 6:50 PM

Dec 2016
Seeing that bastard getting stuck and dying slowly in that coffin got me satisfied >w> A painful death is the right option for that crazy bastard.

That's sad! :( Why do they have to eat poor Kunkun? I think there's a better way to prevent killing her, right?? It doesn't have to end like that ;-;

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Sep 3, 2019 10:06 PM
Jan 2018
To those complaining that they should've returned to the quarry for supplies: in the VN the whole place was destroyed by an earthquake (there had been irregular, increasingly frequent and violent earthquakes in Dela Granto that had been said to signal the end of the world, hence the ritual) and Takuya and Amanda, the sole survivors alongside Kun-kun, spent some time exploring the ruins. The whole prison uprising was anime-original. Also nothing but desert was in sight during their flight trip, that was poor visual design on the anime's part.
Sep 3, 2019 10:54 PM
Oct 2018
This anime is perfect for those who want to see a lot good character deaths. And I feel that this anime too emotionless.
Sep 4, 2019 12:11 AM

Aug 2013
Laukku said:
To those complaining that they should've returned to the quarry for supplies: in the VN the whole place was destroyed by an earthquake (there had been irregular, increasingly frequent and violent earthquakes in Dela Granto that had been said to signal the end of the world, hence the ritual) and Takuya and Amanda, the sole survivors alongside Kun-kun, spent some time exploring the ruins. The whole prison uprising was anime-original. Also nothing but desert was in sight during their flight trip, that was poor visual design on the anime's part.

well that's really sucks...
thanks for enlightenment
Sep 4, 2019 1:06 AM

May 2015
Fuck this shit
#JusticeForKunKun
Sep 4, 2019 3:26 AM
Jul 2019
If kunkun dies I swear to god...gonna shove that electric rod to the directors @$$...dammit are they trying to make a joke out of this series.
Sep 4, 2019 5:10 AM

Jun 2016
from ugly dragon turned into cutie girl dragon form and then become a food just a few scene ..

wtf dude !!!
Sep 4, 2019 5:55 AM
Apr 2016
Wait, wait, wait!
In one scene Takuya compliments cute Kunkun's big boobs and one minute later he kills her and eats her flesh and organs?!
What the hell!???
Sep 4, 2019 3:20 PM

Oct 2012
Interested to see how the second world relates to the first world. So far I'm not impressed although it's been kinda fun and unpredictable. It's like the dream of a 13-year-old boy.
Sep 4, 2019 4:52 PM
Nov 2017
What a shitty, bitter way to end such an exciting episode.
Sep 4, 2019 7:42 PM
Jan 2019
Damn it! It was a great episode, but from the happiness and excitement of watching the revolution and seeing the prisoners achieve their escape, i went into complete sadness at the death of Kunkun. I screamed like crazy when she appeared as a hero in the rescue of Takuya and Amanda, it's a shame that the episode will end that way. Poor Kunkun, now what will Takuya tell his daughter.

How is it that Takuya does not realize that Amanda is Kanna's mother, the words he said to her about "hope" means that all these events were predestined or something, I think.

Ps: For some reason, I'm surprised by the technology that Delagranto has at that time.
Sep 5, 2019 2:08 AM

Mar 2009
Ded5 said:
What a shitty, bitter way to end such an exciting episode.

That about sums it up.

Really? Are you kidding me with this shit? At first I thought someone shot Kunkun out of the sky, that I had missed something - but exhaustion? If they go through with this, what an unnecessary and random death. This show has been bordering on forced deaths for a while now.
Sep 5, 2019 5:18 AM
Jul 2012
Everyone's talking about how Takuya has killed Kunkun when it's a fact that we haven't seen it happen. We have seen him HOLD a knife, not thrust it into her chest or something. Do you also consider someone with a gun a murderer if they haven't shot anyone?

I on the other hand like to think he refuses to kill Kunkun and instead decides to carry her on his back to the city in the next episode. Remember what he said earlier about life and hope?

@WolfDBreidi I'm not in the mood for dealing with the quoting system so I will make it a regular message instead:

"How is it that Takuya does not realize that Amanda is Kanna's mother..." for the same reason I don't; there is no proof. Unless I have forgotten something that happened in the anime, there isn't anything that said it's her mother. The original material may or may not say something, but the anime hasn't IIRC. And no, I don't want spoilers from the original material :P
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Sep 5, 2019 5:05 PM

Jul 2017
The prisoners in uproar of a plan that could make or break their future. To escape the quarry.

What a fitting end for Bazuku, dropping in his own deathbed.

HOWEVER...Kunkun came back for Takuya and Amanda, and died from exhaustion. And to add insult to injury, asking Takuya to eat her!? That is just not possible...but from the look of Kunkun's eyes, it's utterly depressing.

All the talk about Amanda being Kanna's mother...I'm not sure what to justify about it yet...so no spoilers for now.
Sep 5, 2019 7:47 PM
Nov 2017
my reaction is ...
Sep 6, 2019 1:46 AM

May 2018
Seeing the prisoners having the will to escape is nice. This episode proves that, swords can kill technology and being in a coffin is the best ending for an enemy. Nice to see Kunkun in a human form, both forms are cute, but then they ruined it immediately... Disappointing.

Sep 6, 2019 12:42 PM

May 2017
I gotta say, I like the anime only changes made on this part. It's nice to see the rebellion destroy the tower.

But the ending made me hungry, so gotta go cook now.

Signature:
I prefer comedies, horror, hentai, and combinations of such. Anime with a lack of fan service is a disservice.
Sep 6, 2019 3:27 PM
Mar 2014
This anime has really redeemed itself after episode 20+

At first this anime was so lame and boring, but when he finally got to the Elve's world things finally really picked up nicely there.

And now in the most recent episode the prison break with the stuff he learned from earlier episodes, and KunKun coming back out of the blue to rescue them.

But KunKun dying was kind of unnecessary, that being said, where and how did that dragon baby survive on her own for 2 years out there in the dessert?
Sep 8, 2019 2:58 AM

Oct 2008
i have this kinds of developments, kunkun evolved into an adult Nogard dragon and saved Takuya just to be extremely exhausted and be food for survival of the latter...damn!
2/5

Sep 8, 2019 2:44 PM

Apr 2016
But what happened in the end!? Why that!? I like her ahaha.
Sep 16, 2019 6:11 AM

Mar 2012
Kun-kun was simply flying without a single scratch then all of a sudden falls and is on the verge of death!? Wtf!? These people are unnecessarily killing characters just for shock value.
Nov 13, 2019 6:26 AM

Sep 2012
i already know the future mc and resistance leader hook up and kana is their daughter thats my conclusion/prediction

how can he possibly eat her she is to human, when i look at her i think if i were her age or reverse i would marry her 😆

the idea of eating her feels sick, i swer it has to be vegan propaganda 😂

Sugram22Nov 13, 2019 7:35 AM
Nov 16, 2019 1:50 PM

Jul 2015
Why is every girl's first course of action always related to comitting suicide

Rip kunkun, the dragon turned furry fantasy girl

Nov 26, 2019 8:30 AM

Dec 2014
everyone he loves or cares about ends up dying or disappearing after him failing to save them time and time again, then he goes crazy due to it (not yet?)
sounds awfully familiar but cant think of what it is
Dec 14, 2019 2:54 AM

Oct 2010
I thought she wanted to have sex with takuya when she said: "I wanna become one with you", but eating her is more disturbing.
Jan 17, 2020 1:22 PM

Nov 2014
This is an odd show. Like 5 weirdos got together and wrote different stories then a randomiser spat them out as animation.
Jan 1, 2021 9:55 AM
Apr 2020
the horse transforms into a centaur, then eats it.
What a ridiculous anime
Aug 23, 2021 4:48 AM

Aug 2017
The escape of that prision and the episode was fine but that ending doesn't make any sense. Amanda claims the imperial city is far way so they need to eat KunKun after her death but that city doesn't even look that far lol.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2019

137 by RepeaterSiroop »»
Feb 16, 12:25 PM

» About Hatano Kanna (Spoilers)

ginchan789 - Apr 10, 2019

42 by RyuuanLinke »»
Feb 7, 11:09 AM

» This anime is underrated

saikyozero - Apr 1, 2023

8 by ShivamLH »»
Jan 18, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

87 by Ara-Ara_Oneesan »»
Jan 13, 2:27 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2019

245 by alana_alexander »»
May 31, 2023 5:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.