Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 5 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 1, 2019 3:35 PM

Nov 2013
the poor girl keeps getting targetted just because she is a demon girl

that said, i think she is most likely the cutest loli i've seen recently , the adorable faces she makes + her will to make everyone happy is just great, she is one of the easiest choices for my next forum signature <3
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Aug 1, 2019 3:44 PM

Mar 2018
I guess if something would have happened to Latina those 'adventurers' would rather wish to be injailed by the police
Jilvester good char ngl

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 1, 2019 4:49 PM

Jun 2010
Oh, I wanted to see her cast a spell on the bad guys. XD
Aug 1, 2019 6:17 PM

Jan 2017
I was looking forward to this anime but kinda feel the light novel is more interesting and better paced. Wonder if there will be 2 cours.. don't think we'll complete the series at this rate. Apologies if it sounds bad but I'm getting the feeling like this is similar to the slightly disappointing 'My Sister My Writer' quality to it. I'm happy that the novelist's work got an anime but the quality could be better.
Aug 1, 2019 6:38 PM
May 2017
Latina is perfect inside her role but Dale's insufficient maturity is annoying. He needs to grow as a human being. How can Dale be this very important person for Latina the way he is now?
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Aug 1, 2019 6:47 PM

Oct 2015
Phraze said:
Latina is so cute ;u;

not as cut as you 0w0
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Aug 1, 2019 8:15 PM

Jul 2016
Will Dale ever act like a proper parent? Because having him acting like an idiot for Latina was fun/cute during just one episode. Honestly, at some point I wish Kenneth was the one who found her since so far, he's the only one who has shown the fatherly attitude I was looking for when I started watching this series.

Anyways, leaving the kidnapping issue aside, this episode was like watching ep. 2 and 3 again. The same formula and although Latina was a cutie as always, seeing Dale acting like an idiot made the episode really boring in the end...
Aug 1, 2019 8:34 PM

Oct 2015
honestly the people who are shittalking dale amazes me :rofl:
like its your own fault for expecting the series to be something it isnt, and wanting to cater to your taste
newsflash

this show IS A LIGHT NOVEL adaptation
>A light novel is a style of Japanese novel primarily targeting middle and high school students.
at best, lets say people in their 18s-early 20s is reading this (which i will go out on a limb and say it is, cause dale is around that age range)

no light novel series has such deep themes or does something as mature as parenting...
they never have and never will done that
light novels have always been about catering to their niche audience and fetish first before such things
dale being the age range of the average reader should have already raisen red flags about the type of series this is

the show has never or will it ever be a parenting series and the show hasnt pretend it ever was
there are some parenting moments yes
but you can replace it with dale being her onii chan and latina being his imouto and it would honestly make 0 difference
its only played off as daugther and father because thats what sell in the industry(why this sells more than brother/sister idfk)

there are many things you can critisicse the series for
crisiting it because you missed the point and expected something different and thus shittalk the mc
is not one of them
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Aug 1, 2019 8:38 PM

Jul 2017
I swear Dale's infatuation with Latina is getting worse by the minute...as she grows in maturity.

So snow city huh, fun building snowmans.

Good thing Jilvester was around to protect Latina from outside strangers. Seems that more people are getting to know her, aside from being a devil child who's easily exploitable.

2Dculture said:
I was looking forward to this anime but kinda feel the light novel is more interesting and better paced. Wonder if there will be 2 cours.. don't think we'll complete the series at this rate. Apologies if it sounds bad but I'm getting the feeling like this is similar to the slightly disappointing 'My Sister My Writer' quality to it. I'm happy that the novelist's work got an anime but the quality could be better.

You're not alone in this thought, as appreciative as these mangaka and novelists' works are adapted, it's gonna end up in the staff production team to choose their picks, consult with the creators on content to adapt. So it will eventually result in an incomplete adaptation, just another motivation to pick up said source.
Aug 1, 2019 9:06 PM

Oct 2015
Who hires such a little kid, that guy should be arrested! He has the nerve to say he doesn't let her work at night because she's a kid, damn!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 1, 2019 9:36 PM
Aug 2017
Latina chan gives me 1000x recovery with her smile ! 10/10 episode heartwarming
Aug 1, 2019 10:24 PM
Sep 2017
lihle808 said:
Who hires such a little kid, that guy should be arrested! He has the nerve to say he doesn't let her work at night because she's a kid, damn!

please do /s at the end because I cant tell if its satire
Aug 2, 2019 1:56 AM

Dec 2011
It's good Dale din't know about the kidnap or else he would snap and kill these 2 adventurers.
Aug 2, 2019 4:25 AM

Oct 2011
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
Phraze said:
Latina is so cute ;u;

not as cut as you 0w0

wow.. ur watching too xD

Aug 2, 2019 4:27 AM

Oct 2017
Lol Dale is a lost cause. Thou thats nthng new , Latina sure worked hard to give Dale that gift. She is such a nice girl. Also another bit of little drama and Sylvia's dad was introduced along with it. Gd to see he is a gd guy.
Aug 2, 2019 5:33 AM

Feb 2017
Those adventurers got saved by the police, if they would have ended up kidnapping Latina I bet Dale would have gone Liam Neeson on their asses and even on the whole blackmarket too.
Aug 2, 2019 6:01 AM

Feb 2012
Jil-san is the real hero around here.
Aug 2, 2019 7:57 AM

May 2018
I expected some jabs from Jilvester's hand, damn even race trafficking exist on that world. Another episode of weekly loli recharge. I'm just here for Latina and everybody around her, except Dale... meh, why we need him here ? He's just annoying and didn't act like proper father.
Aug 2, 2019 2:14 PM

Dec 2018
Latina was super cute in this episode...her reaction was pretty much exactly the same as mine when I first saw snow as a little kid.
Aug 2, 2019 5:59 PM

Dec 2014
I am waitng for some seriousness...I hope they adapt it though
Aug 2, 2019 10:34 PM

May 2018
Our Latina deciding to give Dale a handmade gift is cute. Good to see Sylvia's father and how they arrested the two men who attempt to kidnap Latina. In the last scene Dale was so confused, lol.

Aug 3, 2019 8:33 AM
Oct 2016
hmm. at this pace ANime will end before the
Aug 3, 2019 10:09 AM

Jun 2013
Remember kids, when baddies from the black market want to sell you off for being an ultra rare devil, go to your local Jilvester for immediate protection.

Jilvester is my fave male character in this series. Dale is the least, for now. Kenneth and the other patrons are way better. The two kidnappers, let's pretend they don't exist.

Jilvester is like her granddaddy who is always there for her when she needs it.
臭い-
Aug 3, 2019 7:30 PM

Mar 2015
Jilvester is a good fellow to have around.
The sword that takes life gives life
Aug 4, 2019 12:59 AM
Jan 2018
Another amazing day where I can see Latina-Chan smile. The only problem is how Dale used a thrusting long sword (Estoc/Tuck to be precise) like a katana. I really hope the industry puts in a little more effort in this. Still a great anime though.
Aug 4, 2019 9:05 AM

Jan 2018
looks like they adapted different from the manga lmao, just how different is the adaptation from the light novel here

Jilvester is the mvp in this ep lol
Aug 4, 2019 9:29 PM

Oct 2008
Oh God! Latina almost got kidnapped!
Good thing Jilvester was there to make sure Latina is safe! Thumbs-up for that old dude!
Also good thing Sylvia's father was there to apprehend those 2 thugs!
I wonder if Latina used that attack spell? and I wonder, what if Latina masters an attack spell? would she be stronger than an adventurer!?
5/5.

Aug 5, 2019 3:24 AM

Apr 2018
Jilvester is such a cool guy. Still curious about Latina's attack magic. Dale's overreactions are so frustrating to watch
Aug 5, 2019 5:40 AM

Jun 2017
Another cute episode, I'm glad that Jil was around. So Sylvia's father is that Police lieutenant huh, very cool.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Aug 6, 2019 2:32 PM

Aug 2018
I wanted to see those two punks tortured, castrated and then burned alive. That outta wipe the smiles away.
Aug 6, 2019 2:42 PM
May 2019
The question is......will she be his "mizuki chan"???
Aug 7, 2019 5:18 PM

Feb 2019
Latina is so cute it physically hurts
Aug 13, 2019 5:46 PM

Jul 2016
The winter scenes are really nice. The pub looks super cozy.
Kind of weird how this show manages to make the idea of human (or non-human) trafficking seem like a small thing or something that could be dealt with so easily. No suspenseful music or anything when those two dudes show up to try and kidnap her.
I'm glad Jil turned out to be a good guy though, his eyes make him look a stereotypical villain.
Aug 14, 2019 9:34 AM

Apr 2015
damn, Jilvester is the true MVP. He saves Latina a lot of time. Damn

Also, Sylvia's dad came at the right time. Latina is so lucky.
Aug 18, 2019 5:41 AM

Jan 2013
This show is so bittersweet to watch! Melts my heart with it's sweet moments and continues to give me anxiety during moments like her possible kidnapping.

Mei-o_Scarlett said:
like its your own fault for expecting the series to be something it isnt, and wanting to cater to your taste
newsflash

>A light novel is a style of Japanese novel primarily targeting middle and high school students.
at best, lets say people in their 18s-early 20s is reading this (which i will go out on a limb and say it is, cause dale is around that age range)

no light novel series has such deep themes or does something as mature as parenting...
light novels have always been about catering to their niche audience and fetish first before such things
dale being the age range of the average reader should have already raisen red flags about the type of series this is

the show has never or will it ever be a parenting series and the show hasnt pretend it ever was
but you can replace it with dale being her onii chan and latina being his imouto and it would honestly make 0 difference
its only played off as daugther and father because thats what sell in the industry(why this sells more than brother/sister idfk)

crisiting it because you missed the point and expected something different and thus shittalk the mc
is not one of them

By now it's clear that it's not that type of anime but I feel it fair to wish it were. This certainly has the "LATINA IS SO GOSH DARN ADORABLE!" theme going for it so seeing Latina and Dale interact in everyday styles more often would naturally fit in and feel better than just seeing him fangirling while home and whine while away. More scenes like the one where they were reading pictures books together or where he is able to teach her something new to fill her childish curiosity would display Latina's adorableness & in genera would create sweet scenes to watch/read & further develop their relationship. At the moment everyone else is being a better guardian or bigger influence on her compared to Dale.

I'm not an avid Light Novel reader to know the general themes they hold but shall say that at least in manga/anime the theme of parenting doesn't do bad for people in that age range with shows such as Aishiteruze Baby★★ & Gakuen Babysitters. Is a rare niche but occurs. I wouldn't consider parenting as a theme more mature or complicated than the discrimination/racism theme this anime has already touched on.
Aug 18, 2019 5:53 AM

Oct 2015
Mica-Chan10 said:
This show is so bittersweet to watch! Melts my heart with it's sweet moments and continues to give me anxiety during moments like her possible kidnapping.

Mei-o_Scarlett said:
newsflash

is not one of them

By now it's clear that it's not that type of anime but I feel it fair to wish it were. This certainly has the "LATINA IS SO GOSH DARN ADORABLE!" theme going for it so seeing Latina and Dale interact in everyday styles more often would naturally fit in and feel better than just seeing him fangirling while home and whine while away. More scenes like the one where they were reading pictures books together or where he is able to teach her something new to fill her childish curiosity would display Latina's adorableness & in genera would create sweet scenes to watch/read & further develop their relationship. At the moment everyone else is being a better guardian or bigger influence on her compared to Dale.

I'm not an avid Light Novel reader to know the general themes they hold but shall say that at least in manga/anime the theme of parenting doesn't do bad for people in that age range with shows such as Aishiteruze Baby★★ & Gakuen Babysitters. Is a rare niche but occurs. I wouldn't consider parenting as a theme more mature or complicated than the discrimination/racism theme this anime has already touched on.

both of those you mentioned are shojos, so even if its in that age range, its not the correct gendered demographic
it has nothing to do with mautrity or complicated

its just the simple fact no dude thats around dales age gives a damn about it
i will not touch that first paragraph, i already said my piece, if its being ignored so be it
Aug 18, 2019 7:44 AM

Jan 2013
Mei-o_Scarlett said:

both of those you mentioned are shojos, so even if its in that age range, its not the correct gendered demographic
it has nothing to do with mautrity or complicated

its just the simple fact no dude thats around dales age gives a damn about it
i will not touch that first paragraph, i already said my piece, if its being ignored so be it

Both the anime and LN don't have a Shounen/seinen tag (if at least on MAL) so even though the gender demographic can be derived it isn't specifically stated. Beelzebub is another example of the "Guardian" role within a shounen series that has done well with it's 60 ep series. Granted it holds more focus on the chaos & weirdness than on parenting or acting like an older sibling.

I read what you had to say and shared my own view on why and how they could have included such scenes to flesh out Latina's & Dale's relationship, wasn't ignoring. Thankfully they do interact more with each other on the latest episodes.
Sep 2, 2019 4:01 AM

Oct 2010
Who in their right minds would want to take Latina away. I recommend a death sentence for those two.
Sep 5, 2019 6:27 PM

Jul 2019
デイル is annoying as ever. Nothing really interesting happens until the end when two men approach ラティナ to try and kidnap and sell her. Is ラティナ going to show off her powers? Is she going to be kidnapped and the episode will be left on a cliffhanger? No, the guards just show up and arrest the men and that's that. Holy fuck this show is dumb.
Sep 9, 2019 2:02 AM

Apr 2016
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
newsflash

is not one of them

^

Based off of the title, the show is ostensibly about a father-daughter relationship... except it's not. Not really. From what I've seen, Dale is hardly a parent to Latina. When he's not off one a two week long expedition, he spends the whole day working, and maybe teach her a few words from the picture book before bed. Meanwhile, Latina spends the day actually learning new stuff at school, and when school's out she's at the boarding house with Kenneth and Rita, who are there to actually teach her manners, life skills, and life lessons.

Currently, I'm enjoying the show because it's a more relaxing take on your usual Dragon Quest fantasy setting. Epic adventures to save the world from the Darklord are a dime a dozen, but casual stories about people just living their day to day lives in the setting are much rarer, and more interesting to me.
Sep 9, 2019 2:22 AM

Oct 2015
Valyrian1124 said:
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
newsflash

is not one of them

^

Based off of the title, the show is ostensibly about a father-daughter relationship... except it's not. Not really. From what I've seen, Dale is hardly a parent to Latina. When he's not off one a two week long expedition, he spends the whole day working, and maybe teach her a few words from the picture book before bed. Meanwhile, Latina spends the day actually learning new stuff at school, and when school's out she's at the boarding house with Kenneth and Rita, who are there to actually teach her manners, life skills, and life lessons.

Currently, I'm enjoying the show because it's a more relaxing take on your usual Dragon Quest fantasy setting. Epic adventures to save the world from the Darklord are a dime a dozen, but casual stories about people just living their day to day lives in the setting are much rarer, and more interesting to me.

mean yea thats alright, you do you
at least thats a new take i see someone has with the show
Dec 7, 2019 10:15 AM
Apr 2016
Ah, a gift, that's very adorable. The ending was sweet, too.
Jan 19, 2020 2:32 PM

Dec 2018
i feel for the guy and probably would've bought the shit out of his manga
but i feel for the guy because i understand business too :[
Feb 2, 2020 1:07 PM

Jul 2015
Jilvester mvp of this episode, MUST PROTECC

Dec 4, 2020 7:56 AM

Oct 2020
Where's Dale when Latina needs him

Dale:If I took latina with me...how would she react?
Apr 2, 2021 12:33 PM

Sep 2012
Reapermask said:
Jilvester mvp of this episode, MUST PROTECC

i suspect they used her as bait he left it behind on purpose cause its strange he decided to turn back and then the city guard showed up that's the2 coinsurance together make it suspicious
Dec 17, 2021 6:16 PM
Feb 2019
She is very sweet and I like her very much
May 5, 2022 10:52 PM

Jul 2019
Latina seeing snow for the first time was a blessing! As long as she's happy, I'm happy.

I really wanted Jilvester to beat up those disgusting traffickers. Well, I hope they rot in jail instead.
May 17, 2023 6:14 AM

Aug 2019
thank god they got caught before anything happened
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2023 6:00 AM

Oct 2022
They're seriously lucky the guards showed up. Don't want to know what Jil, or god forbid, Dale would've done to them, had they even touched her.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2019

44 by thekingofisekai »»
Apr 23, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2019

117 by nightjasmine »»
Apr 22, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2019

86 by woozittle »»
Feb 11, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

43 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 24, 2023 6:22 PM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2019

34 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 22, 2023 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.