Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jul 31, 2019 1:19 AM

Jul 2017
Sasuga Ufotable. That's some sakuga awesome shit there is.

Finally getting honed in on Zenitsu and his backstory, full or scaredy-cat issues, but of a heart of gold, wanting to protect the people he love. Yes, he has only ONE attack (out of 6 Thunder techniques), but that strength is molded from his lessons in his young days. The Zenitsu we know who is annoying, isn't annoying for that exact reason and comic relief cowardice.

Having more respect for Zenitsu, the once useless and cowardish boy, into a bad-ass powerhouse.
Jul 31, 2019 2:40 AM

Dec 2013
Zenitsu's master has the patience of a god to be able to put up with Zenitsu's constant crying.

The animation with Zenitsu's attack looked incredible!
Jul 31, 2019 9:41 AM
Jun 2019
I somehow already predicted that Zenitsu might be the strongest of them three.. The way he finishes the first one of the drum demon was overpowered, and he's real skill has also been rarely appeared that much, means he DOES have something special..
And the way he demolish the spider boy with his lightning move really got my spine shivering
Jul 31, 2019 3:46 PM

Jul 2013
Still wasn't mentioned why Zenitsu is always unconscious whenever he's in badass mode though
Jul 31, 2019 7:02 PM

Apr 2018
PrimeX said:
Still wasn't mentioned why Zenitsu is always unconscious whenever he's in badass mode though
he's too scared, that's why he need a state where he can fight without fear. And since he have a great hearing, he doesn't need to open his eyes when he fight.
Jul 31, 2019 8:55 PM

Apr 2018
That animation when Zenitsu was dashing around was fucking amazing, looked so damn badass. More Zenitsu action for sure. He's a funny dude just don't knock him out or he'll destroy you.
Jul 31, 2019 11:55 PM

Nov 2015
This week's episode was superb. Zenitsu's backstory was well explained. Sasuga Ufotable for another breathtaking fight. It was so awesome that I cried a lil' bit hahaha
Aug 1, 2019 5:22 AM

Apr 2019
Whoaa, Zenitsu was so badass this episode, for once I didn't miss Tanjiro being the fighter.

Will Zenitsu ever be able to fight while being awake? I just want him to realize himself how powerful he is and that all that training was worth it. I want him to value himself more!

And that big spider father... protecting the family, but abusing the mom? Yeah, right, whatever, just go and bite the dust *rooting for the slayer duo next episode*
Aug 1, 2019 7:40 PM

Jul 2015
Hmmmmm, gotta give it to the animators, the spider dude and all the people he turned into spiders were all really freaking creepy looking.

Zenitsu, is once again, actually doing something. Feel like it's been a while since we last saw that happen. And we got backstory on him, which was nice, I've been wondering about his upbringing for a while now. Dude may only have one ability, but damn, that is one seriously cool ability. Like some dude back on page one posted kind of,

"I fear not the man that has practiced 10000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10000 times."
- Bruce Lee

Oh and hey, his voice actor finally got some rest while also contributing to an episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 2, 2019 6:59 PM

Dec 2015
Awesome episode zenitsu is my new fav i love this show
Aug 3, 2019 11:41 AM

Jul 2008
Well this episode was the stuff of absolute nightmares...
Aug 3, 2019 3:40 PM
Jan 2019
If only Zenitsu could master the technique while conscious. Is incredible.
Aug 3, 2019 6:04 PM

Mar 2019
Chuntaro MVP lol. Great fight scene in this episode. I'll hazard a guess we get Inosuke's backstory in the next episode.
Aug 3, 2019 8:32 PM

Oct 2017
I LOVE THIS ANIME, I LOVE THIS EPISODE, I LOVE ZENITSU AND OF COURSE I LOVE UFOTABLE WITH THEY FUCKING AMAZING ANIMATION JOB.THEY ARE REALLY ON THIS. I HOPE SO MUCH FROM THEY.
Ant161718Aug 3, 2019 8:36 PM
-¡Give yourself to me!
Aug 4, 2019 9:00 PM
Oct 2018
MonkeyDHunter said:
Ok, I know that those spiders with human heads are supposed to be creepy but I found them funny tbh. It was great we saw Zenitsu's backstory which was pretty entertaining mainly because of his grandpa. He's probably the strongest of the three in the team when he falls asleep.

Tanjiro and Inosuke will probably have to retreat from this fight against that dude. Cannot see them standing a chance the way they are now.
well, you would be surprised after 2 episodes though
Aug 5, 2019 3:10 AM

Jun 2012
tfw every action scene is replaced with motivational flashbacks and monologues.

Aug 8, 2019 9:52 AM

Jan 2013
What a great episode! Not a fan of him screaming but at least now u know why he is like this, he has a lot of space for great character development.
Next eps will be epic!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Aug 10, 2019 5:23 AM
Jun 2019
The spider guy describes the effects of the poison, idk why did he
phantomfandom said:
A villain that describe his poison effect minute by minute, what a generous spider!

I think it's because the spider boy knows that Zenitsu is a coward and describes the poison just to scare Zenitsu, hoping to make Zenitsu lose hope.
Aug 11, 2019 3:20 AM
Aug 2019
MonkeyDHunter said:
Ok, I know that those spiders with human heads are supposed to be creepy but I found them funny tbh. It was great we saw Zenitsu's backstory which was pretty entertaining mainly because of his grandpa. He's probably the strongest of the three in the team when he falls asleep.

Tanjiro and Inosuke will probably have to retreat from this fight against that dude. Cannot see them standing a chance the way they are now.

Have you watching episode 19??

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
LoveLikeBloodAug 17, 2019 4:35 AM
Aug 11, 2019 12:02 PM
Oct 2007
The production value for Zenitsu's fight is off the roof once again. Freaking dope and epic! I'm going to guess Nezuko is somehow going to play a part and help Zenitsu control his power in the future.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 12, 2019 10:28 PM
Dec 2017
Zenitsu got bullied by the spider, so he bullied it back!

amazing episode, amazing animation as always
Aug 13, 2019 7:43 AM
Apr 2016
At first I disliked Zenitsu, but after this episode, he really does make everything funny. So, that's how Zenitsu's hair is orange, interesting really. I guess he will die though, there's no way to stop the poison I believe. Seems like they're up against the Father of all of them, that's troublesome. Quite the spider nest those guys formed, really creepy. Funny & sad episode.
Aug 13, 2019 10:16 AM

Dec 2012
OH MY GOD. IMBA FUCKING FUCK

Aug 15, 2019 6:10 AM

Aug 2009
That Zinetsu scene is masterpiece.
Aug 16, 2019 8:25 AM
Mar 2019
There is nothing more terrifying than bad CG spiders

This was a really heartwarming episode for Zenitsu's character development. He never believed in himself, but Gramps saw something in Zenitsu that he couldn't see. He has natural talent to be a strong Demon Slayer but lacks confidence in conviction and self worth.

Some really beautiful action cuts this episode as well. I think we just witnessed Zenitsu open the 5th inner gate, that power up was hardcore!

-Aincrad- said:

I see you're watching the anime now.

You just started watching the best 3 episodes of the series!
Have fun with the upcoming ones!

Yup, just got a couple weeks behind while I finished the rest of evangelion. I've been talking KnY up to everyone who will listen since week 1 lol
KidLeafAug 16, 2019 3:25 PM
Aug 16, 2019 8:39 AM

Oct 2018
LeafJonin said:
There is nothing more terrifying than bad CG spiders

This was a really heartwarming episode for Zenitsu's character development. He never believed in himself, but Gramps saw something in Zenitsu that he couldn't see. He has natural talent to be a strong Demon Slayer but lacks confidence in conviction and self worth.

Some really beautiful action cuts this episode as well. I think we just witnessed Zenitsu open the 5th inner gate, that power up was hardcore!

I see you're watching the anime now.

You just started watching the best 3 episodes of the series!
Have fun with the upcoming ones!
Aug 17, 2019 6:35 AM

Mar 2015
I like how the giant spider with a human head is the one weirded out

This episode cemented Pikachu as best boy!
Aug 25, 2019 1:53 PM

Aug 2017
NOOOOOOOOO, spiders with a human head gave me nightmares. As an arachnophobic, it was pretty uncomfortable lmao.

Zenitsu's attack are so awesome. It was great we saw Zenitsu's backstory. He just became a whole different character.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 25, 2019 8:15 PM

Mar 2014
Ukogi is absolutely precious ahhhh

So Zenitsu's hair changed after getting hit by lightning from climbing a tree during one of his freak-outs. Fitting since he uses lightning moves. I wonder what his "gramps" saw in him to never give up on him? Interesting that this same Gramps used to be the highest rank in the Demon Corps
Aug 28, 2019 12:14 PM
Oct 2018
Usopp is comic relief. zenitzu is just straight up annoying.
Aug 28, 2019 5:39 PM

Oct 2013
Zenitsu's backstory was great! It was good to see how his journey began. On the other hand he had to face that creepy spider demon with even more creepy ability to turn humans into spiders with big bald scary heads, lol.

Mastering only one form was the best for Zenitsu. What he is able to do while "falling asleep" is just priceless and astonishing. Plus Zenitsu got a huge power-up after being hit by thunder.
AdnashAug 28, 2019 5:43 PM
Aug 29, 2019 8:27 PM
Nov 2016
Pretty good episode, I have 2 complaints about it though:

1: I'm loving this anime but Zenitsu is getting rather annoying. I love his powerup and all, he's such a badass in those moments but when he's being his normal self he tries to act as a comic relief for the series and instead of me laughing at his antics I just find it rather boring. It would be better if they tone down that comic relief stuff, make him act like a normal guy for once and have him say important stuff from time to time but no, every time he opens his mouth is just to complain or say something stupid. I've had enough of that crap, a lot of time is being wasted on that crap and it isn't even funny, that's simply forced comedy, not funny at all.

2: The way he got his blonde hair was anti-climatic, he was struck by a lighting bolt and suddenly he has blonde hair? it would have been better if he got the blonde hair through his training, like being able to unleash his lightning abilities through the harsh training allowed his DNA to have some changes in the body and that made his hair change it's colors, that's would have been better IMHO.

That's my 2 complaints so far, a lot of time is being spent in the comic relief moments with Zenitsu acting, doing or yelling something stupid and this happen for like 90% of the time that fucking character is on-screen, they need to tone that shit down and find a better 'funnier' way for the comic relief moments.
xZabuzaxAug 30, 2019 1:48 AM
Aug 30, 2019 4:01 PM
Jan 2019
The pacing though, that was hella impressive
Sep 1, 2019 8:24 AM

Jun 2015
now that zenitsu's been redeemed, i like him better
Sep 6, 2019 6:43 PM

Jul 2016
now that they showed zenitsu from the past with his black hair, it all adds up now.
he's rock lee...

well having learned just one move is a bit underwhelming, but as bruce lee said, we fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks but the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
Sep 7, 2019 2:48 AM

Oct 2008
oh god! Zenitsu is such a blabber mouth! but the episode was awesome because of his thunderclap awesome skill!
watched from the delayed subs of [Kaleido-Flax]
5/5!

Sep 10, 2019 7:02 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
These Zenitsu awakening feel kinda odd tbh, like wtf is going on, and why cant he just be chill and have acess to that power whenever he wants?!

Otherwise, some nice sakuga there, was electrifying!
Sep 27, 2019 1:18 PM
Apr 2016
It’s first time when I have met such character like Zenitsu. He is friendly and quite funny. I love when he prepares before the atack. Even though I saw it first time I knew that now wait for me something amazing. By the way this trio makes me laugh pretty often.
Sep 30, 2019 9:39 AM

Apr 2013
Spider daughter appears again, she seems to be the only member of her family who's alive and not rotten in the head since she's not ok with the abuse of her mother, not that it will change her fate...
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Sep 30, 2019 10:39 AM

Mar 2019
C'mon,I'm eating.Please,have some respect.
Also, GOD DAMN ZENITSU YOU ARE GOOD.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 30, 2019 9:48 PM

Mar 2015
A look into Zenitsu's past in this one!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 2, 2019 11:12 AM

Mar 2019
"Who are you calling "father"?"
OωO
Oct 2, 2019 11:59 AM

Sep 2016
Cazqui-09 said:
now that they showed zenitsu from the past with his black hair, it all adds up now.
he's rock lee...

well having learned just one move is a bit underwhelming, but as bruce lee said, we fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks but the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.

quote to live by bruce is a god also
fuckin Zenitsu stole the show that animation was truly a blessing
Facta Non Verba
Oct 2, 2019 11:25 PM

Jul 2016
G_Spark233 said:
Zenitsu's master has the patience of a god to be able to put up with Zenitsu's constant crying.

The animation with Zenitsu's attack looked incredible!

The move was amazing.

So that is what perfection looks like.
Oct 7, 2019 1:00 PM

Dec 2016
And Zenitsu got his own episode only focusing on him in almost this entire episode. I wonder why he only shows his true abilities while asleep, cuz he's so cool in his fight mode >.>

That Demon Boss's face is terrifying! x_x Just like a real spider... creepy. And I got disgusted while I watching those spiders with human head X(

Ok episode.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 13, 2019 3:46 PM
エクスカリバアアアア
Oct 2011
I have to say that the new guys on the team just don't work for me. In the first 10 episodes the show was serious and thrilling. You really felt the weight of the people that were killed by the demons an how tanjiro had to cope with that. Also, I really feared for every civilians life since the mood was that no one was save. For this to work there has to be a certain level of seriousness, because otherwise the effect is lost.

Starting with episode 11 this seriousness was destroyed by Zenitsu and Inosuke who both do not fit in the aforementioned setting. If I think about the fight against the drum guy where Zenitsu was introduced as a useless guy, who does not even try when two children are in danger, then that is the point where the charakter failed for me. And I have read that many like him, because he shows normal human behaviour with his fear. From my point of view that may be true in the manga, which I have not read, but in the anime he was introduced as an irrational and annoying person. The reason may be that his fear is not shown in moderation or in a normal fashion, but so exaggerated that it just seems like misplaced comedy and not a normal character trait.

So at this point I have to say that the show dropped for me from episode 11 and onwards, because it lost the atmosphere that made it so good and I fear that this will not change in the remaing episodes. Very disappointing since it was the most promising show in the last couple of seasons that was no sequel. But judging from the majority of the comments here it seems that most people do enjoy the introduced comedy so it seems not many people like a consistently serious and thrilling show.
Nov 8, 2019 3:32 AM

Sep 2015
I laughed so much at Inosuke's "WHO ARE YOU CALLING FATHER?"
Nov 17, 2019 1:27 PM

Sep 2012
AhmedJafar1 said:
I laughed so much at Inosuke's "WHO ARE YOU CALLING FATHER?"

IKR😂
this was funy
Dec 6, 2019 10:13 AM

Nov 2017
This background story for annoying guy is better than most of the background stories of annoying characters from Naruto and Shippuden. 10/10. Kind of sad, tragic and poetic. Can't wait to see the significance of the lightning next ep.
Dec 24, 2019 5:42 PM

Feb 2017
Wow that animation *chef kiss*
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.