Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 26, 2019 9:31 PM
Mar 2016
That was painful to watch. Some of the writing decisions are really questionable. How does an intelligent group of teens literally fighting for survival on an unknown planet look at what they assume is a plant, surrounded by dead animals no less, spewing black mist and think "haha lemme just breathe that shit in"?
Jul 27, 2019 2:34 AM

Apr 2015
Some more shitty comedy, campy drama, annoying characters and convenient plot points(animals not fleeing the toxic environs, 'medicine mushrooms', wild animals that apparently take 1 second to tame)

But maybe this was the first episode where I liked the visuals. The grainy bleaky world meshed with the colours well, combined with the classic art style to create an old Western cartoon/A Little Prince vibe. Liked the music to go with it too(outside of Hayamin's unfortunate singing that is)
Jul 27, 2019 7:58 AM

Jun 2016
Lmao at Zack in the beginning of the episode, i thought it would be one of those cliche scenes where the girl just slaps the guy but to my surprise it was an improved version.

Yunha's voice is really beautiful-,, her mother is just a shitty parent.
She took her daughter's dream way just to keep her own 'image' and now Yunha is super insecure :/

About the traitor topic, until episode 3 i was beting on Charce but now i find Aries a little more suspicious.
Reason being that it finally hit me she is writing her own log of their 'adventure' back home, but is it for her to keep herself or to show someone else..?
Jul 27, 2019 12:06 PM

Dec 2016
ExplodingGirl said:

Nah.

Haikyuu is shonen

Fairy Tail is shonen

Kuroko no Basket is shonen

Obviously this is the type of shonen I'm talking about. Do I really have to put a disclaimer every single time so that people would not misinterpret what I said and use it against me?

Haiku is a sports show, same as Kuroko no Basket. Fairy Tail is an action show, but mostly know as battle shonen. All those titles have their own predominant genre, their demographic is the same, teenagers AKA shonen, but that's not the same your previous statement that shonen has to be the run of the mill of mediocrisy some or even most of it's titles are, therefore people should just be conformist and expect the same thing over and over and not complain about it.

And yes, you have to state wich shows you're talking about, you're not some celebrity in order for some of us know all about your history and tendencies

ExplodingGirl said:

Duh. Of course I know. I've been here longer than you.

Also tell that to MAL.

Well thank you for your uncalled insults.

That just means you've been an ignorant far too long and you haven't even wandered off elsewhere to see if what MAL states is aright, wich it doesn't. MAL mixes "genres" with "demographics", where other sites uses "tags" instead of spreading misinformation by claiming that a demographic is the same as a genre. MAL is also being incredibly slow updating characters and synopses this season, wich makes it even less reliable.
KimurahJul 27, 2019 12:24 PM
Jul 27, 2019 7:33 PM

Apr 2019
AyumiVk said:
Lmao at Zack in the beginning of the episode, i thought it would be one of those cliche scenes where the girl just slaps the guy but to my surprise it was an improved version.

Yunha's voice is really beautiful-,, her mother is just a shitty parent.
She took her daughter's dream way just to keep her own 'image' and now Yunha is super insecure :/

About the traitor topic, until episode 3 i was beting on Charce but now i find Aries a little more suspicious.
Reason being that it finally hit me she is writing her own log of their 'adventure' back home, but is it for her to keep herself or to show someone else..?

that bathroom shower scene was the best bathroom shower scene i've ever seen
literally
i loved how zack just casually went in to wash his face xD
and yeah damn yunhuas mother :(
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 28, 2019 5:11 AM

Dec 2015
JUUSEE said:
Episode was alright. The mushroom thing was interesting. Yunhua got some development after a few bits of teasing in the past episodes.

People seem to like to criticise a shounen for being unrealistic and childish. I don't know what people are expecting out of this.

The problem is some of the unrealistic things are written for convenience.

For example; those characters outside the spaceship (except Astra and YunHua) doesn't even bother to wear spaceshuits, let alone the helmet (understandable, but still risky). They've encountered the weird orb twice which at first time, it literally engulf them in and then spat them out in space. What guaranteed it doesn't happen on this planet?
And without that particular precaution, they unnecessarily got sick because of this mushroom spores, just simply to create tension.

This is no rocket science (which I think Zack could solve), just common sense.
Jul 28, 2019 9:15 AM

Feb 2017
so what is the conclusion of yunhua character development, the end so anticlimatic.

also how the antidote appear? it detect a dying creature for it to pop? or because of the sing?

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jul 28, 2019 11:16 AM

Dec 2014
welll each episode makes it looks like the end but isn't actually
Jul 28, 2019 12:57 PM

Apr 2019
ibraheem234 said:
welll each episode makes it looks like the end but isn't actually

evoniee said:
so what is the conclusion of yunhua character development, the end so anticlimatic.

also how the antidote appear? it detect a dying creature for it to pop? or because of the sing?

medical herb pops in case of a dying organism should the plant already have enough nutrition at that point in time
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 28, 2019 2:10 PM

Mar 2017
Kanata saved everyone again.
Yunhua got back her confidence?

I still don't like Quitterie btw.
Jul 28, 2019 10:17 PM
Mar 2015
I found this episode to be ridiculous. If the medicine mushrooms had not grown in response to his exposure to the spores and the creature had not carried him back they all would died
her singing while everyone died may have made her feel better but it did not help anyone
Jul 29, 2019 2:33 PM
Oct 2018
I like the concept of this anime I really liked the two first episode but this one is just ridiculous. There is so many stupid things in it that I had to take of my headphone multiple time to be able to not hear what they said or did. Yes when something in an anime is so stupid that it annoys me I take off my headphones and only read the subtitles during the scene in question. It calms me.
Jul 30, 2019 4:22 PM

Jul 2015
I like the robotic sound effect when the glasses dude saw her naked. I expected him to just calmly and emotionlessly close the door, dude just straight up walked in.

Anyway, shy girl is the focus of this planet, I knew she was going to be after that other dude called her useless, and I knew the moment that other dude said she would eat a lot that she would try to leave the ship. Yunhua... no clue how to pronounce that name. Aye, yeah!

Also, I'll never understand why people look for so much logic and reason in a show that delves so far into fantasy but that's just me. I think the mushrooms are a really cool idea.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 31, 2019 5:36 PM

Aug 2017
And the losing streak continues. I think that there are many characters just for 12 episodes. For example, Yunhua seems incredibly misplaced in this type of show.

Besides the unnecessary fanservice from the beginning, to me, that plant is so stupid to produce an antidote.
NurguburuJul 31, 2019 5:43 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 1, 2019 7:52 AM

Jan 2011
They should've just kept it simple and make the plant use the antidote as a lure. Instead they thought they were clever by creating a plant that rewards its next meal for perseverance. That's not usually how nature works (yes it's an alien planet but tou can olny stetch things so far before you break the suspension of disbelief.) Instead they wanted to showcase spiky haired protag's "resolve" which relied to heavily on plot armor rather than smarts or even coherent coincidence. And the singing? I guess it gave comfort to those who holding on for dear life but it felt jaring and out of place. Also why did big boob's mom chaste her so? See seemed at least talented enough to exelle at something. Ganguro girl at least had a workaholic parent and they could explain her neglect... I dunno maybe they'll flesh that out soon enough. Right now she seems to have an abusive parent for the sake of having an abusive parent. I could get it if the parent didn't see the use of singing and trued to force her down another path. Either way perhaps we haven't crossed that bridge just yet. The bright and chipper part of the show is getting stale. I'm not looking for Re:Zero edge but I'm also not looking for the Magic schoolbus the anime either.
Aug 3, 2019 9:50 PM

Jul 2008
Kanata taking off the helmet...not even Captain Kirk is that reckless.

Every one of these kids is going to have a crappy life backstory huh?
Aug 4, 2019 5:50 AM
May 2019
Oh, look, that giant unknown plant/mushroom is releasing spores! They can't possibly be harmless to humans! Let's keep our helmets off! Gotta breath 'em all!
Maybe they played to much of Mario lol.
Aug 6, 2019 8:25 PM

Dec 2016
Always wanted to hear how'd they do the singing when I read the manga and after hearing it, I'd say it was pretty good
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 7, 2019 1:03 AM
Aug 2018
Seriously so many people in this forum are dumb as hell and trying to bring logic into this series like theirs literally a show this season about fire fighters fighting fire with actual fire and no one is questioning that so how is it so hard to understand that this is anime and not everything has to be fucking realistic and not everything needs to be questioned
Aug 7, 2019 6:06 AM

Apr 2019
LoganMcClure21 said:
Seriously so many people in this forum are dumb as hell and trying to bring logic into this series like theirs literally a show this season about fire fighters fighting fire with actual fire and no one is questioning that so how is it so hard to understand that this is anime and not everything has to be fucking realistic and not everything needs to be questioned

at least they are not using oil or gasoline to fight fire
xD

jokes aside i totally agree with you
You son of a .. turtle

Aug 8, 2019 4:43 PM
Jan 2017
Astra Lost in Space delivers yet another amazing episode! Our merry band of space adventurers reaches planet Shummoor, and sure enough, they find another trouble in their journey home. While Kanata continues to be the main hero, Yunhua also gets her time in the sun. This episode was heavy on character development for Yunhua, and as a whole, the show has kept a pretty good balance between the main story and the individual character arcs. While traitor subplot takes kind of a backseat, the show manages to be interesting without it. Ultimately, Astra Lost in Space will stand or fall by the strength of its characters and narrative, so I'm hopeful that the show will develop this aspects to their fullest potential show.
Aug 8, 2019 5:33 PM

Jun 2014
We've finally learned a little more about Yun Hua. She had a horrible mother, who is responsible for her shyness, and pessimism. Thankfully, Kanata made her realize that her mother was wrong, and now she's finally breaking out of her shell.

Aug 13, 2019 9:08 AM

Jul 2019
So this is ユンファ's episode? I figured it was coming at some point. The whole thing was overly dramatic to the point of not being believable. I don't think parents would ever talk to their kids that way, and certain things like growing out bangs to cover her face just seemed stupid. Then her redemption of proving herself and helping the others was... wait that didn't even really happen. She just sung a song and that's it. Some redemption. That being said I don't hate her, I actually kind of like her. Unfortunate she lost her glasses though, she looked better with them, hopefully she brings them back. Putting her aside, the rest of the episode, the new planet, the mushroom planet, was pretty cool, I liked it. The creative planets are the highlight of the show for me and this one was particularly interesting because it was rooted in evolution and it wasn't just incoherent designs for the sake of being creative. Average episode overall.
Aug 17, 2019 1:02 PM

Jul 2009
I was secretly thinking Yunhua's singing is gonna cure everyone, which would have been the campiest thing ever. If I were those kids, though, I'd keep my helmet on at all times. You never know what sorts of environmental hazards are present in uncharted planets.

Now I'm pretty sure the traitor is Ulgar.
Sep 20, 2019 12:31 AM

Feb 2014
That is why Kanata opened is helmet? Because that plant just exposes the antidote if something close to her demonstrate symptoms? How that even works? They can measure vital signals? lol xD

Kanata betting on that was.... +_+

Also, taking that into consideration, there is a limit to how many antidotes those mushrooms can produce? Otherwise all poised creatures would get healed by eating the antidotes, and that goes exactly against what those mushrooms want, which is corpses close to them.

Anyway... haha I think I just need to accept all of this and move on? xD

TechOtakuSep 20, 2019 1:11 AM
Sep 20, 2019 3:27 PM
Mar 2018
I really liked this episode!! It made me feel like I was watching an episode of star trek. Landing party comprised of Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, and some random crewman lands on a planet and subsequently ends up in fatal trouble only to find a way out when everything seems lost. Predictable but awesome all the same.
I also liked the thought that went into making the planet world and I can't wait to land on more planets like that.
Most of all, Yunhua's singing voice is brilliant.
Oct 2, 2019 12:53 PM
Apr 2016
Uhh, this was hard to sit through, this show is terrible.

The girl is suffering from low self-esteem, oh my, totally didn't see that coming! Everyone got poisoned, but fortunately there are flowers that will cure everyone.
Oct 4, 2019 2:40 AM

Nov 2018
"Yummy!" turned into Funi's voice
I've been thinking this since episode 1 but Aries is kind of like Akari from Aria.
Wow Yunhua's mother is trashy.
I felt proud of her for finding the cure. A lot rests on her now that even Kanata has fainted. Oh, she sang to cheer everyone up. I wonder if it reached Kanata though, I don't feel it did, but still helped others so that counts. I think she's my favorite character in the series now.
Oct 8, 2019 5:46 PM
Oct 2019
LoganMcClure21 said:

You just make that kimurah the "elites" feel shame and dull. I agree with you
Oct 9, 2019 8:42 AM

Oct 2013
AAAAAAAAAAA THE KNOCK OFF CHOCOBOS ARE SO CUTE ;___;

The biological fiction was really interesting, too. The only thing that irked me was this going straight retarded with "IT WON'T GIVE THEM TO ME BECAUSE IT KNOWS I'M NOT SICK" yeah ok sure.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 12, 2019 4:37 AM

Nov 2014
Another good episode, the birds were cute tho, like chocobo's haha.

Hmm it seems, another specialty of the members revealed after a marksman, doctor.craftsman, etc... actually Yunhua wasn't useless at all she is a genius too, that golden voice..
that's great she helped the others with her soothing voice.

I wonder if the ones who sent them were actually jealous of their intellect.....
r16fourarmOct 12, 2019 4:43 AM
Nov 2, 2019 1:37 AM
Nov 2013
Ok Ok. I see. I'm guessing the spores themselves give off a reaction when breathed in by a living creature, alerting the mushroom to produce bait. But the spores don't indicate number of creatures, just that they're in the vicinity, which is why the mushroom just popped out a bunch of antidotes for just one Kanata.
Dec 1, 2019 12:43 AM

Mar 2015
Another planet, another crisis! The Gruppies are cute af!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 2, 2020 1:41 AM

Jul 2015
So yunhua's talent is singing, not trying to hate on her but that is kind of a useless talent to have...when you're stuck in space

So everyone got the medicinal mushroom at the end but they still have one big thing to do before leaving the planet...getting food..

Jan 2, 2020 4:28 PM

Apr 2015
"Yunhua looks like she needs to eat a ton!"

ABSOLUTELY WRECKED
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 5, 2020 11:19 AM

Dec 2018
come on man, the minute they mentioned moss and one look around i was immediately thinking wear your helmet at all times. there were even little white spores floating about constantly. that biologist should have seen that shit coming. also, why was a girl who's talent is singing singled out to be killed, unless her mother planned it. bitch must've been jelly.
Apr 8, 2020 10:48 PM

Jan 2019
There are plenty of things to take issue with in this episode.

But one that I haven't seen mentioned here much is- how the hell is Yunhua considered to be a, "Big Girl?"

Like yes, she is definitely THICC- but the way Luca and Ulgar talk about her make her out to be obese, or at the very least gluttonous. I understand it's meant to be them being dicks, but come on, that was ridiculous.
Apr 17, 2020 3:17 AM

Feb 2018
Beauriful planet and also dangerous plant
Apr 18, 2020 1:58 PM

Feb 2019
I feel bad for Yunhua everytime someone says she's useless :(, she's relatable to me because I feel useless all the time too lol.

Saori-san's singing voice is angelic as always.
Based_DepartmentApr 18, 2020 2:16 PM
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jun 1, 2020 5:05 AM

Mar 2019
Is this really just going to be Kanata Saves the Day: the Anime? It's starting to get a bit repetitive.
OωO
Jul 30, 2020 8:09 PM
Oct 2019
Kind of dumb. Magic mushrooms that only appear when you're sick...
Oct 1, 2020 9:52 PM

Sep 2018
If I were in that group, I'm "Yunhua" too.. I don't have skills or anything that can help :( I feel her huhuhu

woah!! I like the world building here, every planet have unique living animals/plant..

Yunhua is so pretty :)
erenmeiiOct 1, 2020 10:04 PM
May 9, 2021 8:33 AM

Aug 2018
Wow what a terrible parent there, I feel bad for sus-ing the quiet girl before :(

Flying spores and pollens has been a nightmare on earth, can't imagine if its from other planets which we don't know the further effects.
ApakabarMay 9, 2021 8:37 AM
Aug 1, 2021 5:23 PM

Jan 2021
This episode was pretty good.
I’m so glad we got to see the backstory about Yunhua. I was starting to get suspicious that she was the one responsible.
Aug 19, 2021 7:52 PM
Apr 2021
phantomfandom said:
I know plant is intelligent but not to the point where it can detect low vital signal from human and decide to give antidote. What Kanata did is just stupid, though I like his stupidity LOL that mean I can easily lure him to love me

It is not a simple plant, it is a fungus, and yes, some types of fungi are extremely intelligent.
Nov 29, 2021 8:07 AM

Mar 2013
To think we got to see a lucky perv/naked scene at the start of the episode... lmao
I probably know where this cliche is going to but since Zack is mostly stoic, heh, not bad.
Quitterie was offended later because of Zack's attitude...?! XD Classic Childhood tsundere.

Yes, we finally get to see Yunhua's background story. I got to see her parent disallowing her to do any singing... I wonder why?! Sadly, we didn't get to see much but I'm glad the ending was a learning experience for Yunhua, she may have finally found friends that she can show her real self. Her passion and love for singing. Her voice is superb.

Charce's knowledge and analysis are really entertaining to watch at every moment. Without him, they would eventually die without that knowledge.

They have their own roles to play in this story and I love it.
CrazyButNot4UNov 29, 2021 8:10 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jun 29, 2022 11:03 PM

Feb 2020
not even sure why those dumb shits were insulting yunhua's size in the first place. She looks slightly above average height and has big bonkers but is otherwise pretty slim. If they were going to make her size a point of insecurity and contention then the writer should have had the balls to actually draw her on the bigger side. Would've gave context to her mother's bizarrely antagonistic comments too.

Besides that, these kids are again dumb as rocks. If their suits have seemingly unlimited oxygen then any smart character would have the helmet on 24/7 when on an unknown planet. But they don't because...plot has to happen.

Not even gonna comment on kanata's genius problem solving skills...

Not gonna drop though...this anime is kind of entertaining in the way a kids show is. Reminds me of voltron (iirc voltron was a little better, though)
Nov 4, 2022 7:22 PM

Oct 2019
Yea, i felt this ep was pretty weak. Unless they go into more detail about the girl, I really wasnt into the whole backstory of hers as it left more to be desired.
Additionally, I was wondering how the MC even concluded "Oh, animals def come to this spot to get medicine plants. Maybe i need to take my helmet off and get infected." This did not feel well thought out.
I also do agree its questionable as to how the fungi could even detect he was infected.
Mind you this is sci-fi so things can be made up on the spot. The only two things i can think of is 1) someone mentioned about some sort of organ being able to detect somehow that an animal is dying or 2) this def doesnt make sense but something i thought of is that the spores released must be sending some sort of signal to the fungi/mushroom that it has successfully infected a living organism
Like I said, def weakest ep for me, not bad but could be better depending on the future eps.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Nov 8, 2022 4:22 AM

Oct 2022
I was so sure the traitor was Charce before this episode now I don't know. He seems to be the most knowledgeable outside of Zack, but his skills seem far more useful for survival and this truly seems like a trip to him. However, with him breathing in the poison and actually trying to saving everyone I don't know who to suspect now. Yunhua and Ulgar are def not it. I'm going with either Luca because he was a dick for no reason this episode or Charce and maybe he wants to survive and not kill himself?
Jun 6, 2023 3:37 PM

Aug 2019
While I did like this episode, that was pretty dumb lol but I am happy we got some Yunhua back story. Her mom needs to suck a cactus though
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
Apr 18, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

347 by naturalbrawler »»
Mar 20, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

304 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Mar 3, 5:10 PM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

168 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.