Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2019 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting start. We got introduction of Latina and I have to say, they managed to capture her personality quite well for the first episode.

It didn't take long at all to dive right into this show's world fiction too. It has a somewhat sad tone but also very lighthearted storytelling style so far. Dale and Latina has such a charming character chemistry. Latina's kid behavior is quite adorable especially when she's eating :D

Jul 4, 2019 8:40 AM

Sep 2012
Still waiting for ep, I hope it's at least not as terrible as it was shown in pv. I honestly hate character design, especially Dale, he looks like he just came back from trip in mc donald.
Jul 4, 2019 9:32 AM

Apr 2016
I get that she's the main character, but like the whole episode was just her doing cute noises and cute stuff ... Also is it just me or is the visual quality like, not good.
Jul 4, 2019 9:34 AM

Aug 2012
Latina is just too pure for a devil, hope she's doesn't turn evil or something.
Jul 4, 2019 9:35 AM
a car

Jun 2017
I gotta preface this post by saying that I'm a light novel reader here. I don't particularly enjoy the LN, but I do know of stuff coming up that will surely make people very angry (as if the unrelenting assault of moe won't make some people angry as is), so I'm going to be watching this show (and catching up on the rest of the LN) just to see their reactions.

As for the actual episode itself, well... the director sure knows what the appeal of it is with all the un-subtle close-ups of Latina's face. It also looked like some dreamy filter was applied to the entire episode. With this being 1-cour, I'm not actually sure they'll even get to the juicy stuff.
Jul 4, 2019 9:38 AM

Jun 2014
Looks interesting, it'll depend on how the plot evolves (hoping there's one).
Jul 4, 2019 9:47 AM

Jul 2017
Hmm...interesting Summer Isekai No.3 anime. From another no-name new studio nonetheless. If you're asking about the director, that is. Coz he did Isekai Smartphone (and I don't need to say how bad that was). Really praying this will be his breakthrough.

Dale sounds like Satan from Hataraku Maou-sama (if you have watched the show) and Latina really sounds like the age of a 13-year old VA (and that it is). And Latina is moe, you gotta admit, even though she's a Demon Lord.

Production values seem good, not groundbreaking but OK for now. Seems strange for an abandoned child like Latina to get acquainted with Dale, but it seems essential for her to get used to the environment with some light-hearted storytelling.
Jul 4, 2019 9:52 AM

Feb 2017
KANLen09 said:
Hmm...interesting Summer Isekai No.3 anime.

this is not isekai ...
Jul 4, 2019 9:54 AM

Jul 2015
It is ok so far. I'm not sure if won't become too repetitive this lifestyle with his adopted daughter (probably it will).

Jul 4, 2019 9:59 AM

Jul 2017
tottobennington said:
KANLen09 said:

this is not isekai ...

Hmm, but the feeling is as it so, I could be wrong for now. Wait for more episodes to come out 1st.
Jul 4, 2019 10:00 AM
Nov 2010
It's too bad that people are gonna watch this sweet and wholesome anime because it came out in the era of anime plagued by Isekais. It looks like one but has nothing to do with isekai at all. Honestly the anime world has forgotten that the genre of fantasy slice of life was a thing long before isekai started booming
Jul 4, 2019 10:02 AM

Aug 2013
Perfect start. I kinda expected it, but it's way better than I initially thought. Can't wait for next episode.

KANLen09 said:

What isekai has to do with this series? It's just fantasy.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 4, 2019 10:03 AM

Aug 2013
Damn, Latina is adorable and so tiny.

So far it is a bit interesting. So Dale decided to adopt Latina.

Jul 4, 2019 10:03 AM

Nov 2016
I wasn't really impressed by this first episode, but it was a rather nice start for sure.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 4, 2019 10:06 AM

Jul 2014
I wonder it this can qualify as the CGDCT but literally only CUTE GIRL DOING CUTE THINGS.
I've read the manga from the day it came out, the animation is pretty stiff but I'll let it pass, any ver of Latina is too good to skip.
KANLen09 said:
tottobennington said:

this is not isekai ...

Hmm, but the feeling is as it so, I could be wrong for now. Wait for more episodes to come out 1st.

Its not that you could be wrong for now, its you are wrong.
This is a fantasy, not an isekai, an isekai is a character from a different world thrown into another world.
Jul 4, 2019 10:06 AM

Jul 2017
rsc-pl said:
Perfect start. I kinda expected it, but it's way better than I initially thought. Can't wait for next episode.

KANLen09 said:

What isekai has to do with this series? It's just fantasy.

Took as a mistake for isekai, probably burn out from too much of that setting.
Hopefully this fantasy setting delivers.
Jul 4, 2019 10:10 AM

Sep 2012
Pretty terrible, slighltly even worse than I was expecting after pv. Such a letdown after waiting for so long. Rushed as heck, voice acting lacking something, visually not good, opening is a joke. The only thing I can compliment is an actual ost which is just decent I guess. Looking at op I think they will finish it at second volume of ln and hopefully never touch it again.
Jul 4, 2019 10:17 AM

Sep 2017
Totally insufferable pacing. The visual is not as bad as Retry but is still extremely boring. Dropped halfway through.
Jul 4, 2019 10:18 AM

Sep 2016
Well that was adorable.
Jul 4, 2019 10:19 AM

Jul 2016
Good episode. The SOL moments is nice, the music is good too. Latina is cute this episode with Dale. Overall its nice and fun anime.

Jul 4, 2019 10:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Seems like this’ll be a fun cute little watch!

Latina is a witty, strong and polite cutie and I’m glad Dale has spared her some more time in the wild forest. Latina’s desperate attempts at waking Dale up for the washroom was really nice oddly enough and that scene of her accepting her father’s death like that was saddening. Animation is extremely stiff, though, and some of the shots really awkward but I’ll let that aside for now. Music so far is fine (although the Op sort of meh) but the ED and other OST was somewhat nice. I’m not particularly hooked or enthralled just yet but I’m more than willing to stick around for more, hopefully things’ll only get better from here onwards.
_MushiRock11_Jul 4, 2019 10:27 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 4, 2019 10:25 AM
Mar 2018
Is this an Usagi Drop medieval fantasy version?

Introduction episode that didn't set what kind of plot will develop, maybe just the story of the adventurer that decides to raise a lost child. Right now I'm not expecting nothing about adventure, action or drama, will see in the next episodes.

Apart from the introduction of the plot (can I even call it a plot?), the episode was only about how cute is the little girl, nothing interesting.

To be clear, the not interesting things:
-Magic. Generic, doesn't seem to be a complex magic system.
-Dale. An adventurer and adoptive father, mediocre as possible MC and an uninteresting character for now.
-Tavern and it's owners/workers. Nothing to say.
-City. It's interesting, doesn't seem to have a river, technically divided in 2 zones, but I didn't saw anything that show that difference.
-Demons. I guess people don't fear them? Maybe demons are human friendly or something?

So... for now... 4/10, just an uninteresting introduction episode.
Jul 4, 2019 10:31 AM

Feb 2019
This is that kind of show that should create sympathy towards the viewer for an orphaned and helpless girl, but it feels so superficial and insubstantial. Maybe because she's literally "World's Most Perfect Little Girl". Sure, she may be squalid, filthy, starving, and sitting next to the corpse of her father, but she still has perfect table manners. Even knows how to use silverware perfectly. The rough and tumble over there, no wait around, but wait, she smiled, and instantly reduced them all to quivering, blushing nitwits with her inner perfection.
She does not feel humanized it is just a cliche of a one-dimensional and flawless angelic girl who comes to illuminate the life of a man who has no motivation in life is a device to be the protagonist's motivation.
The lack of animation, visual work and subtlety in the tone of the story does not give much merit to the anime.
Jul 4, 2019 10:39 AM

Nov 2015
eyes! The eyes!!!! wtf wrong with everyone eyes????
for the first 1 minute I want to drop this already
I don't even want this adapt to exist in the first place
Jul 4, 2019 10:43 AM

May 2018
The main character sounds like link when he's fighting with the sword XD
Jul 4, 2019 10:45 AM

Apr 2016
Natsuki_Hyundai said:
I gotta preface this post by saying that I'm a light novel reader here. I don't particularly enjoy the LN, but I do know of stuff coming up that will surely make people very angry (as if the unrelenting assault of moe won't make some people angry as is), so I'm going to be watching this show (and catching up on the rest of the LN) just to see their reactions.

As for the actual episode itself, well... the director sure knows what the appeal of it is with all the un-subtle close-ups of Latina's face. It also looked like some dreamy filter was applied to the entire episode. With this being 1-cour, I'm not actually sure they'll even get to the juicy stuff.

Is the novel finished ?
Jul 4, 2019 10:52 AM
a car

Jun 2017
Swagernator said:
Natsuki_Hyundai said:

Is the novel finished ?

I don't know. People on an anticipation thread from months ago said it is, but MAL says it's ongoing. But the cover of volume 8 definitely looks final-ish. Don't look at it if you don't want major spoilers.
Jul 4, 2019 10:59 AM
Jan 2016
Swagernator said:
Natsuki_Hyundai said:

Is the novel finished ?

According to Novel Updates, both the WN and the LN are completed, but both translations appear to have been droppedd.
Jul 4, 2019 11:04 AM
Jan 2018
-TACHYON- said:
Swagernator said:

Is the novel finished ?

According to Novel Updates, both the WN and the LN are completed, but both translations appear to have been droppedd.

thats mostly likely because J-Novel Club has picked up the licence for an official translation
Jul 4, 2019 11:13 AM

Jul 2015
KANLen09 said:
tottobennington said:

this is not isekai ...

It doesn't really matter, because most isekai lose the relevance of this plot device about a minute after MC is whisked away.

Anyway, we need protect demon loli.

Jul 4, 2019 11:15 AM
Nov 2018
Nice and wholesome, with some potential in terms of plot. Animation is meh, but I've seen great shows with worse one (Oregairu S1). I'll continue watching because premise itself is interesting for me. Does anybody know whether the series has official abbreviation of the title, because there's no way I'm gonna memorise it whole
Jul 4, 2019 11:19 AM

Sep 2012
Qbeus said:
Nice and wholesome, with some potential in terms of plot. Animation is meh, but I've seen great shows with worse one (Oregairu S1). I'll continue watching because premise itself is interesting for me. Does anybody know whether the series has official abbreviation of the title, because there's no way I'm gonna memorise it whole

UchiMusume in short.
Jul 4, 2019 11:21 AM
Nov 2018
QuarioX said:
Qbeus said:

UchiMusume in short.

Huge thanks! (adding this to bypass the character limit)
Jul 4, 2019 11:28 AM

Mar 2018
I am in love with this anime. Latina is so freaking adorable it should be a crime. I really like that Dale is just a normal dude. Not an OP motherfucker, not a fucking loser, just. a. normal. dude. I also really like the Chemistry between dale and the other folks. It is very charming.

Even if the animation isn't the greatest, I have high hopes for this anime. Great first impression!
Jul 4, 2019 11:36 AM

Dec 2018
Good first episode. I've got high hopes for this series. Hopeful it doesn't gradually become shit over time. Also, a FUCKING FANTASY SERIES THAT ISN'T A GODDAMN ISEKAI. FUCK YEAH. I'm honestly just sick of isekai at this point...and now people are saying that non-isekai series, such as Danmachi and this one, are isekai purely because they have a fantasy/RPG setting. No. Just no. Isekai needs to die at this point, and we need to have more wholesome fantasy series WITH ORIGINAL IDEAS, like this series.
Jul 4, 2019 11:36 AM

Jan 2018
Note to self - do not use episode discussion until the end of the season. This topic was filled with spoilers.
Jul 4, 2019 12:27 PM

Jul 2014
Low production values aside, this was a solid first episode, sending us straight into the setting without bombarding us with exposition about the magic system and everything else and setting the stage for the plot in a seamlessly organic fashion (I am curious about how the setting seems largely medieval-esque, yet has access to proper lamps and running water, but I'm not too fussed about in on the whole).

As for said plot, it's seemingly Usagi Drop but in a fantasy world, and based on this first episode it's looking like it's going to be an enjoyable watch as the season progresses.
Jul 4, 2019 12:29 PM

Oct 2018
Actually I really liked this episode, seems like its gonna be a cute anime

I can already tell I will enjoy watching this, I like this type of anime :D
one more reason to look forward to Thursdays
-Aincrad-Jul 4, 2019 12:52 PM
Jul 4, 2019 12:30 PM

Apr 2016
Groenboys said:
I am in love with this anime. Latina is so freaking adorable it should be a crime. I really like that Dale is just a normal dude. Not an OP motherfucker, not a fucking loser, just. a. normal. dude. I also really like the Chemistry between dale and the other folks. It is very charming.

Even if the animation isn't the greatest, I have high hopes for this anime. Great first impression!

Then just to help take away from some future disappointment for you, Dale is massively OP, which doesn't bother me personally in the slightest way, but just so you know. ^^'
Jul 4, 2019 12:31 PM

Oct 2018
Tsunshine-Chris said:
Note to self - do not use episode discussion until the end of the season. This topic was filled with spoilers.

Oh thank you for posting this, I can avoid spoilers now

I usually start reading episode discussions with the latest posted reply, so luckily I haven't read any of the older ones
Jul 4, 2019 12:45 PM

Nov 2017
Here's something cute to watch in those hot summer days. Great first episode. 5/5.
Jul 4, 2019 12:54 PM
Apr 2017
Ok so, Here's the deal
I'm not against wholesome like anime and Adventure BUT
I can't stand children like that in anime...damn
I think I will drop this one
But with a Fine Score
Jul 4, 2019 1:04 PM

Jan 2018
THIS ANIME IS SOMETHING YOU’RE NOT EXPECTING
IT’S ACTION YET WHOLESOME
IT’S LIKE AN ISEKAI BUT NOT (MOST PEOPLE FELT IT’S AN ISEKAI AT FIRST)

AND LATINA’S SO DAMN CUTE I CAN’T

NO ONE LEWD HER PLEASE
Jul 4, 2019 1:18 PM

Jun 2009
Latina is too cute. Protect her at all cost!
Jul 4, 2019 2:06 PM

Mar 2012
Oh boy the isekai genre has been around for so long people can not seem to tell the difference between it and a regular fantasy now.

Well aside from that, it is a good start, feels like it would be this season feel good show.

Curious as how the story will go or if it will just remain mostly Slice of life feel good vibe,.
Jul 4, 2019 2:19 PM

Jul 2017
Sucks that the animation looks so cheap, but I can get past that.
Jul 4, 2019 2:52 PM

Apr 2016
I wonder how much of the novel is gonna be adapted. Considering that the eighth volume's gonna be released in english on 22/07, there's enough material to go through.
Jul 4, 2019 3:21 PM
Aug 2016
just finished watching the first episode and in my opinion, so far this is the most wholesome anime of this year's summer season. 10/10
Jul 4, 2019 3:23 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
this needs some sexy Latina action ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 4, 2019 3:26 PM

Aug 2018
Latina is so adorable. This looks like it’s going to be a good and wholesome show.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2019

44 by thekingofisekai »»
Apr 23, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2019

117 by nightjasmine »»
Apr 22, 3:47 PM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2019

86 by woozittle »»
Feb 11, 11:48 PM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

43 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 24, 2023 6:22 PM

Poll: » Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2019

34 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Dec 22, 2023 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.