Forum Settings
Forums

What kind of anime girls you do you like (personality)?

New
Jul 1, 2019 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
I like anime girls that I can imagine as existing in real life: mature, kind, independent, with their own dreams and goals, but still flawed like a normal human being. If she's protective and loving, then she's waifu material.
I think Saber from Fate is the perfect example: aside from her being a magic warrior, I can imagine someone with her personality existing in real life.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 1, 2019 11:32 AM

Jul 2016
HopefulNihilist said:
I like anime girls that I can imagine as existing in real life: mature, kind, independent, with their own dreams and goals, but still flawed like a normal human being. If she's protective and loving, then she's waifu material.
I think Saber from Fate is the perfect example: aside from her being a magic warrior, I can imagine someone with her personality existing in real life.

Irl, that kind of girl is kinda hard to find you know xD. But, i agree, that's probably the types whom mostly guy like. To add something, maybe the one who really cares about her man(not in possesive way), like what Rem does to Subaru, or Kaoru to Goro.
Anyway, for me, any anime girls are fine as long as they are not a tsundere type.

Jul 1, 2019 11:35 AM

Oct 2014
Independent, calculating, and no bullshit.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Jul 1, 2019 12:27 PM

May 2018
Crazy b!tches and quiet cute socially awkward females
Jul 1, 2019 12:27 PM

Jul 2017
inb4 "What kind of anime boys you do you like (personality)?" thread

I prefer the ones that have a cute/caring side to them. The too stoic/OP ones end up just having barely any personality to them other than being OP, and the bossy ones end up being too bossy to the point where they're just total bitches. Obviously there are exceptions to all this
Short_CircutJul 1, 2019 3:37 PM
Jul 1, 2019 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
Onee-sans, Ojou-samas and the rest of the qualities I wish for on a female are written on my profile.
Jul 1, 2019 12:36 PM

May 2015
I tend to like kind, gentle, happy, outgoing, bubbly, and cheerful girls. Basically just the kind of girl that is well liked by the other characters.

Mature, nee-san type girls that other characters look up to are good too.

♡ artist
サコ
Jul 1, 2019 12:51 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
to sum it up.....

Those are essentially mix of everything I like.
Jul 1, 2019 12:58 PM

Mar 2019
I like girls like Orihime from Bleach, Haruka from Sakura Trick, Yui from Yahara love comedy, Rei from Domestic Girlfriend, and Asia from High School DxD.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2019 1:48 PM

Jul 2016
Basically the entirety of Mayaka Ibara from Hyouka. Headstrong and good at what she does and picks up due to her uncompromising work ethic but also has a problem of doubting herself. Can be very snarky and gets angry easily but has a hugely compassionate and vulnerable side to her that shows up in very subtle ways. No wonder she feels the most human out of the already life-like cast of Hyouka.
Jul 1, 2019 3:36 PM

Oct 2008
Girls similar to

1.Azuma Hazuki (Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito)
2.Busujima Saeko (High school of the dead)
3.Irisu Fuyumi (Hyouka)
4.Crowe Velvet (Tales of Zestiria)

Women are different from girls however.
Jul 1, 2019 5:54 PM

Oct 2017
HopefulNihilist said:

Implying that girly girls who are dependent on their man don't exist in real life.

"With their own dreams and goals". My God, HopefulNihilist, you are should change your name to HopelessFeminist.

There's nothing wrong with a woman who lives for her man, just like there's nothing wrong with a man who lives for his woman. It's a noble thing for ones hopes and goals to revolve around the happiness of another. It's this idea that a woman who lives her man is bad that is part of the reason strong relationships and true romance are dying off in the west. Because a society where everyone lives for themselves sound fucking great...

Ironically, you choose Saber for reasons that are almost certainly based on a misunderstanding of her character, having not read the VN. Her "own dreams and goals" and her headstrong devotion to them (her ideals) over choosing to live for the love of Shirou is her flaw. The point is that she lives a life of suffering for an ideal that takes from her what would make her truly happy. She doesn't know love. She is a 25 year old virgin for Christs sake!

Saber is a great waifu but not because she is "muh independent strong woman". She is strong, and that's a big part of what makes her appealing. But she has a soft, feminine core that she protects with a cold shell that you need to put time and effort in to break down. Through that effort, you can reach that warm, gentle true self. That it's so hard to get to and so rare to see is what makes Saber an S-tier waifu. Then you have her super high levels of loyalty and devotion which is so strong he puts her life on the line for you.

Plus almost perfect physcial features, but this about personality.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Jul 1, 2019 6:17 PM
Jul 2018
YossaRedMage said:
Implying that girly girls who are dependent on their man don't exist in real life.

I didn't imply that: I implied that there are women in real life whose lives don't revolve around a single person, and who are independent.

YossaRedMage said:
"With their own dreams and goals". My God, HopefulNihilist, you are should change your name to HopelessFeminist.

Everyone with common sense is a feminist.

YossaRedMage said:
There's nothing wrong with a woman who lives for her man, just like there's nothing wrong with a man who lives for his woman. It's a noble thing for ones hopes and goals to revolve around the happiness of another.

No, there kinda is. If your live revolves around another person, where will YOU go? Love should be secondary: a proper job, like being a lawyer, or doctor, is supposed to be the priority: no one's happy when they're broke.

YossaRedMage said:
It's this idea that a woman who lives her man is bad that is part of the reason strong relationships and true romance are dying off in the west.

Do you actually know of something that proves that?

YossaRedMage said:
Because a society where everyone lives for themselves sound fucking great...

Not entirely.

YossaRedMage said:
Ironically, you choose Saber for reasons that are almost certainly based on a misunderstanding of her character, having not read the VN.

Why is the VN relevant to the anime?

YossaRedMage said:
Her "own dreams and goals" and her headstrong devotion to them (her ideals) over choosing to live for the love of Shirou is her flaw. The point is that she lives a life of suffering for an ideal that takes from her what would make her truly happy. She doesn't know love.

An ideal is practical; love isn't. Almost 50% of marriages go down the drain:
https://www.wf-lawyers.com/divorce-statistics-and-facts/

YossaRedMage said:
She is a 25 year old

Actually, I heard the VN states she's 15, which makes me, a 20 year old, a creep, for finding her attractive.

YossaRedMage said:
virgin for Christs sake!

Actually, Merlin kinda turned Saber into a temporary futanari, and then Saber put her...uh..."Excalibur" into another chick, and then impregnated her.

YossaRedMage said:
Saber is a great waifu but not because she is "muh independent strong woman". She is strong, and that's a big part of what makes her appealing. But she has a soft, feminine core that she protects with a cold shell that you need to put time and effort in to break down. Through that effort, you can reach that warm, gentle true self. That it's so hard to get to and so rare to see is what makes Saber an S-tier waifu. Then you have her super high levels of loyalty and devotion which is so strong he puts her life on the line for you.

I don't recall Saber having a, "fragile feminine" personality.
Jul 1, 2019 6:37 PM

Oct 2017
HopefulNihilist said:
Love should be secondary: a proper job, like being a lawyer, or doctor, is supposed to be the priority: no one's happy when they're broke.

... I mean... There are so many gems in that post but this takes the cake. Could you be anymore of an NPC?

@ryuk9428 Tagging you because I think it's hilarious how relevent this is to our recent conversation. Achievment-obsessed society indeed. Also check out the actual full comment exchange if you have the time. Notice how I point out how this persons attitudes are what contributes to the downfall of romance in the west, and then they pull out divorce statistics to prove that love is bad concept. Talk about circular logic.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Jul 1, 2019 6:43 PM

Dec 2018
my biggest weakness is tomboys that mixture of masculine boyishness that is super relatable, that lack of interest in gender roles, and the cute insecurity she'd feel about not being feminine gets me so weak in the knees,

plus if she worked out then she'd have a rockin bod
Jul 1, 2019 6:48 PM

Feb 2019
Genki Girls, easily, I love characters like Kousaka Honoka & Miyano.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Jul 1, 2019 6:58 PM
Jul 2018
YossaRedMage said:
HopefulNihilist said:
Love should be secondary: a proper job, like being a lawyer, or doctor, is supposed to be the priority: no one's happy when they're broke.

... I mean... There are so many gems in that post but this takes the cake. Could you be anymore of an NPC?

@ryuk9428 Tagging you because I think it's hilarious how relevent this is to our recent conversation. Achievment-obsessed society indeed. Also check out the actual full comment exchange if you have the time. Notice how I point out how this persons attitudes are what contributes to the downfall of romance in the west, and then they pull out divorce statistics to prove that love is bad concept. Talk about circular logic.

If you weren't going to respond to each of the things I said, I don't understand why you responded.
What does NPC stand for in this context? The reason why most marriages fail has nothing to do with women wanting to be more independent. It has to do with things like couples arguing over money. You won't go anywhere in life, if your whole life revolves around a single person. Love is okay and all, but it should be secondary, for that reason.
Jul 1, 2019 7:13 PM

Apr 2016
YossaRedMage said:

There's nothing wrong with a woman who lives for her man, just like there's nothing wrong with a man who lives for his woman. It's a noble thing for ones hopes and goals to revolve around the happiness of another. It's this idea that a woman who lives her man is bad that is part of the reason strong relationships and true romance are dying off in the west. Because a society where everyone lives for themselves sound fucking great...

Is the idea of a woman who's goal-oriented AND devoted to their lover's happiness really that foreign to you? Like you can't have a happy relationship if you have a job? Or a dream? Lord forbid they actually have a kid or any other family member they care about.

And yes, there is a problem with a man/woman whose life surrounds around their lover. Because then, that cultivates a fear of losing them which leads to jealousy, ultimatums, and never-ending attempts to control their lovers with the guilt of hurting them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2019 7:17 PM

Dec 2012
Timid, docile, gentle, kind, quiet, submissive and/or motherly.
It's gotten to the point where existence itself has become nothing but a meme; an existence that I want nothing to do with anymore.
Jul 1, 2019 7:42 PM

Mar 2019
HopefulNihilist said:
YossaRedMage said:

If you weren't going to respond to each of the things I said, I don't understand why you responded.
What does NPC stand for in this context? The reason why most marriages fail has nothing to do with women wanting to be more independent. It has to do with things like couples arguing over money. You won't go anywhere in life, if your whole life revolves around a single person. Love is okay and all, but it should be secondary, for that reason.

CHLO_JO007 said:
YossaRedMage said:

Is the idea of a woman who's goal-oriented AND devoted to their lover's happiness really that foreign to you? Like you can't have a happy relationship if you have a job? Or a dream? Lord forbid they actually have a kid or any other family member they care about.

And yes, there is a problem with a man/woman whose life surrounds around their lover. Because then, that cultivates a fear of losing them which leads to jealousy, ultimatums, and never-ending attempts to control their lovers with the guilt of hurting them.

@YossaRedMage Lots of people like to doubt my social science observations yet you can so clearly see it right in-front of us. This is one of the biggest reasons why feminism is a problem though. Feminism is the major ideology behind this shift towards believing that the traditional idea of marriage, as in devoting yourself to your lover is oppressive.

To @HopefulNihilist. Let's say an angel comes to you and says that God is debating a path for you and wants to give you a choice. One side says that you will live in poverty for your entire adult life. You won't have a very nice house and you'll probably need to drive clunker cars. The tradeoff, is that you will have the most loving wife you could ask for, she completely understands and accepts you for who you are. You will always come back to a place where you feel emotionally taken care of. Even if your job sucks and you don't make much money, she treats you like you're the best man in the whole world. You could choose this life...

Or, you could choose a life of riches. You will have a large mansion, with a fountain and gates in your front yard and a pool in the back. You will drive lambos, ferraris, and Maseratis. The tradeoff. You will never be loved and never have children, you'll have this big mansion that only you and maybe a servant lives in. For your entire adult life, you will be coming home to an empty bed.

If you choose the later, you are making a huge mistake. The poverty of love is much much worse than the poverty of money. Nobody wants to live in any kind of poverty. But with the first option, you can find contentment, you can find a feeling of happiness even if things aren't perfect. But you'll never be happy sitting alone watching TV in a giant mansion for the rest of your life. This is why love should come first, not achievements and not your career.

@CHLO_JO007

One of the reasons I'm coming to really dislike the values of the generation I'm apart of is because you're so obsessed with "muh freedom" that you have no perspective or understanding of the concept of "give and take." You can't have it all. If you're able to have it all, then you are lucky, not the rule. People these days just want to be selfish and think their lover shouldn't be jealous or shouldn't be allowed to feel hurt by their lovers' lack of devotion.

The strongest relationships are the ones where you devote yourself to your spouse. Your wife/husband is #1 in your life, career is #2. Other people's opinions should matter even less than those two. You can't make both love and career #1, its impossible, only one can be #1 and if you choose career over your wife/husband you are going to regret it on your death bed. Nobody ever lies on their death bed wishing they spent more time in the office.
Jul 1, 2019 7:58 PM

Jun 2019
I really like strong anime girls,They never need a man,And They Are protect theirself with their own,Like Esdeath from Akame Ga Kill Or Like Lucy from elfen lied or Mikasa From Aot etc...And Especially I like anime girls that if they aren't Tsundere,I really don't like Tsundere personality in anime girls,Just They make me mukatsuku😑
Jul 1, 2019 8:13 PM

Jan 2013
Just look at my favorite characters list. I like 'em strong, confident, independent, sexy, and a little nutty.
Jul 1, 2019 8:19 PM

Jul 2016
I like nearly every girl from every anime I give a high score to.

I'm going to make blog posts about their MBTI eventually. Here's a teaser.

Sayaka is from this, she didn't have an image in the database: https://myanimelist.net/anime/1175/Metal_Fighter_Miku

Jul 1, 2019 8:21 PM

May 2009
Some mixture one or more of the following: perceptive, observant, confident, frank, pragmatic, willing to sass authority, quiet, strategic, intelligent, wise, compassionate, honorable, and able to think about about life in someone else's shoes.

Also holy crap how did this thread become some sort of debate thread

Short_Circut said:
inb4 "What kind of anime boys you do you like (personality)?" thread
Please! Make one!

HopefulNihilist said:
What does NPC stand for in this context?
Probably this obnoxious meme.

It's a decent proxy for "the person you're talking to probably hung out with a bad crowd recently." By "bad crowd" I mean (without naming political stances) the kind that think they have a better idea about how the world works than the people around them, so much so that they would even feel the need to replace the word "sheeple".
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jul 1, 2019 8:22 PM
Jul 2018
@Ryuk9428
@YossaRedMage

I theorize that the only people who believe love is more important than a career, are people who've never been in a relationship.
Your hypothetical scenario is too out of touch with reality for me to answer it.
Being broke, yet happy with a lover is not practical; maybe you'll find some happiness, but having a proper job, that sense of accomplishment, will grant you far more.
Why do you need a lover to be happy in life? I've never had a girlfriend, and I'm very satisfied with my life.
My uncle is in his 50s (I believe). He has a girlfriend. He makes a living by fixing cars (to my understanding). The result?: He is the unhappiest person I have ever known. I bet you that if he could get a proper job, in exchange for losing his girlfriend, he'd do it in a heart beat. Love is something you can find again: a proper job? You'll have much more difficulty finding that opportunity again.
You can have a job and a lover, but to prioritize your lover over a proper career path is naive. I was devastated to learn that if you romance Tomoyo in the Clannad VN, she:

I have far more respect for a woman, fictional or not, who would put her lover below her career path. If I had a girlfriend and she broke up with me in exchange to pursuit her career path, I would feel absolutely crushed, but I would have mad respect for her.
removed-userJul 1, 2019 8:25 PM
Jul 1, 2019 9:25 PM

Apr 2016
Ryuk9428 said:

@CHLO_JO007

One of the reasons I'm coming to really dislike the values of the generation I'm apart of is because you're so obsessed with "muh freedom" that you have no perspective or understanding of the concept of "give and take." You can't have it all. If you're able to have it all, then you are lucky, not the rule. People these days just want to be selfish and think their lover shouldn't be jealous or shouldn't be allowed to feel hurt by their lovers' lack of devotion.

The strongest relationships are the ones where you devote yourself to your spouse. Your wife/husband is #1 in your life, career is #2. Other people's opinions should matter even less than those two. You can't make both love and career #1, its impossible, only one can be #1 and if you choose career over your wife/husband you are going to regret it on your death bed. Nobody ever lies on their death bed wishing they spent more time in the office.

1. When did "freedom" ever come into this?! And I hope you're not talking about America when you're talking about "this generation obsessed with freedom" because America's been preaching "freedom" since the revolutionary war; it's not something millennials or Gen Z's invented. XD

2. I never said that relationships don't need devotion, I said that it's foolish to assume it's always the extreme. "Jobs/hobbies/dreams/responsibility= bad relationship". The concept of both persons in a couple giving 100% all the time is more delusionsal and actually impossible. Just like how there will be days when your parents can't put you first, there will be days when your lover can't put you first. That doesn't mean that they're selfish, inconsiderate, or that they don't love you; just means they're a person. Someone's gotta pay for the home you share with the person you love. Someone needs to afford the wedding/honeymoon you'll want with a future spouse. Calling someone who works to provide for the people they love selfish is close-minded.

3. When you fall in love with someone, do you fall in love with them or their willingness to give up their life to baby you? I fell in love with the person they were before we got together. Therefore, if my lover had friends, a healthy dream, or an occupation that makes them feel fulfilled, then wouldn't I be the selfish one by expecting them to drop them for me? It's just like you said "give and take". The strongest couples "give" each other their time, but also lets them "take" time away to do other things they love.

4. Jealousy stems from fear and insecurity. If your lover can't have friends of the opposite sex, or can't be away for a couple hours, then it's not the lover who's the problem, it's the fear of losing them and the lack of security that's the issue. And that can be common in people who have no lives beyond a relationship. That can lead to controlling behavior which isn't right. Jealousy is natural, but you should work to not let it consume you.
Jul 1, 2019 9:47 PM

Mar 2019
HopefulNihilist said:
@Ryuk9428
@YossaRedMage

I theorize that the only people who believe love is more important than a career, are people who've never been in a relationship.
Your hypothetical scenario is too out of touch with reality for me to answer it.
Being broke, yet happy with a lover is not practical; maybe you'll find some happiness, but having a proper job, that sense of accomplishment, will grant you far more.
Why do you need a lover to be happy in life? I've never had a girlfriend, and I'm very satisfied with my life.
My uncle is in his 50s (I believe). He has a girlfriend. He makes a living by fixing cars (to my understanding). The result?: He is the unhappiest person I have ever known. I bet you that if he could get a proper job, in exchange for losing his girlfriend, he'd do it in a heart beat. Love is something you can find again: a proper job? You'll have much more difficulty finding that opportunity again.
You can have a job and a lover, but to prioritize your lover over a proper career path is naive. I was devastated to learn that if you romance Tomoyo in the Clannad VN, she:

I have far more respect for a woman, fictional or not, who would put her lover below her career path. If I had a girlfriend and she broke up with me in exchange to pursuit her career path, I would feel absolutely crushed, but I would have mad respect for her.

Well your theory isn't correct because both my father and my mother agree that love should come before career. My parents have the healthiest marriage that I have ever seen. My mom has told me that my dad has a ridiculously high sex drive and yet the idea of him cheating on her is so ridiculous its laughable. My parents have never had a fight, not even once have I ever seen them fight. My mom is a housewife and my dad's job stressed him out but she always made sure he felt relaxed, comfortable, and loved when he was at home.

How is that hypothetical situation too out of touch with reality? Is it because you don't believe a girl could ever love you that much? Why do think that is? Why do you think that the idea of somebody loving you to that extent is so out of touch with reality that you don't know how to answer it?

Its because feminism and the modern world has destroyed love with this idea that career should be placed above your lover. To the point where a lot of people don't even believe that such a pure form of love exists. But lots of people found it in the 1950s, there's no reason why we can't today. The reason why people can't find it today is because people are selfish and they're not willing to devote themselves to their lover. They're not willing to make a real commitment that they will be there for their lover during hard times and good times, that they will be two souls united. You don't make that kind of commitment to your career. Your career is a means to an end, you work so that you can earn the money to live and do the things you want to do. But if another job offers you a better working environment, better benefits, and better pay, of course you'll take that job. Too many people these days treat their spouses that way which is so fucked up and that's why the divorce rate is so high but they really shouldn't be treating their spouse that way. When you get married it should be a considered a commitment to build a life together.

I know I have old school values that are not cool in this society anymore. But you know what? The old school values fucking worked. The new ideas of putting off marriage until you're in your 30s, always putting your career first and your lover second, having both parents juggling full time jobs with childcare, and treating love as a capitalistic market where you trade old lovers for better ones is not working. Its been an unholy disaster. We've become an absolutely miserable society with the highest suicide rate since WW2. Depression and anxiety rates have skyrocketed with our generation, Broken families are everywhere, and substance abuse is at an all time high.
Jul 1, 2019 9:49 PM
Jul 2018
Lets just grab some from 2019

Favorite Anime Girls of All time Though, If I had to give a top 10.
(In no specific order)
    * Taki
    ( Natsume and the book of friends is probably my favorite series, and when this girl goes bonkers for Madara Sensei it just creates good vibes. A lovable character indeed. Fun and Honest )

* Maria Sarushima
    (Yamadakun and the Seven Witches, talk about a show with nothing but best girls, but there is just something a guy can like about Maria, Something to do with plot. I cant put my hands on it, would probably be illegal if I could)

* Shizuka Hiratsuka
    ( Oregairu, while everybody is fighting over who Hachiman is gonna ruin his life with, I am left watching from the fourth wall thinking to myself, "So that teacher is single right?")

* TOMOKO!
    ( Cause who doesn't love Tomoko?.. No one, that's who. )

* LILICIA
    ( Cause ,MUAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ♥ that, Seitokai no Ichizon is a one room CGDCT "not a harem" anime, and this bitch in her scarcity, makes it worth the watch)

* STEEL
    ( I mean no offense when I say this girl is stacked and dumb, but a lot of fun. The Hentai Prince and the Stoney Cat is a gem of a show by the way. I definitely recommend it)

* Rika,
    (cause, dawww. The most functional of a group of dysfunctional characters, and an absolute non stop ride to laughs town)

* MAGICAL RAINBOW GIRL YURIKA!
    (Invaders of the Rokujyoma, is another anime full of best girls, but there can be only one on this list, and I choose the self doubting, not a cosplayer, Yurika.)

* Yume
    ( A Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash is a great season of Anime, in its content you will find wondering about, Yume, a ginger with a bright personality full of quirks and a talent for adventure, solid anime girl. Side note within a side note: For the English Dub there was a recast on one of the dudes and its so noticeable it irks me, Good show still. )

* Kyouko Mogami
    ( So I have no idea if there will be all that many bros out there to understand this one, but MS. Mogami is probably my best girl of all time. While Skip Beat! is not even close to being my favorite Anime Or Manga, I love this Anime Girl to the moon. Her character is super enjoyable and its been/is a spectacular roller coaster of emotion to get to know her.)
Now which of these girls am I into into? None, cause they cartoons.
Jul 1, 2019 9:57 PM
Jul 2018
IpreferEcchi said:

How you gonna shit on, like that??????????
Jul 1, 2019 9:59 PM

Mar 2019
CHLO_JO007 said:
Ryuk9428 said:

@CHLO_JO007

1. When did "freedom" ever come into this?! And I hope you're not talking about America when you're talking about "this generation obsessed with freedom" because America's been preaching "freedom" since the revolutionary war; it's not something millennials or Gen Z's invented. XD

2. I never said that relationships don't need devotion, I said that it's foolish to assume it's always the extreme. "Jobs/hobbies/dreams/responsibility= bad relationship". The concept of both persons in a couple giving 100% all the time is more delusionsal and actually impossible. Just like how there will be days when your parents can't put you first, there will be days when your lover can't put you first. That doesn't mean that they're selfish, inconsiderate, or that they don't love you; just means they're a person. Someone's gotta pay for the home you share with the person you love. Someone needs to afford the wedding/honeymoon you'll want with a future spouse. Calling someone who works to provide for the people they love selfish is close-minded.

3. When you fall in love with someone, do you fall in love with them or their willingness to give up their life to baby you? I fell in love with the person they were before we got together. Therefore, if my lover had friends, a healthy dream, or an occupation that makes them feel fulfilled, then wouldn't I be the selfish one by expecting them to drop them for me? It's just like you said "give and take". The strongest couples "give" each other their time, but also lets them "take" time away to do other things they love.

4. Jealousy stems from fear and insecurity. If your lover can't have friends of the opposite sex, or can't be away for a couple hours, then it's not the lover who's the problem, it's the fear of losing them and the lack of security that's the issue. And that can be common in people who have no lives beyond a relationship. That can lead to controlling behavior which isn't right. Jealousy is natural, but you should work to not let it consume you.

They fought for real political freedom so that kings can't have you executed for your beliefs. That's very different from people today who just want to be able to fuck a hundred different people and are obsessed with independence to the point where they think getting married only represents restrictions.

Its not put you first every second of the day, its that your lover should be the most important thing in your life.

And that does involve babying them some. Going into a relationship, you're responsible for your lover's emotional health. You gotta be willing to be there for the harder times too you can't just be there for the good times and skip town when things get rough.

Not allowing them to have friends is what we call, extreme jealousy. But not wanting to lose your lover is perfectly okay. Being jealous because your lover started showing somebody attention in a way that they don't towards you though, could be good cause for jealousy.
Jul 1, 2019 10:13 PM

Apr 2019
Those who's not a damsel in distress. Who can actually think logically and stand up for themselves.

Kagome and Kaori comes to mind

Jul 1, 2019 10:14 PM

Aug 2018
Lunilah said:
I saw Uncle Iroh and Zuko sitting and drinking tea in spirit world! :D

"The most amazing and interesting story in this world ever existed is the story of the world itself where all stories happened"
-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 1, 2019 10:18 PM

Aug 2018
I love these girls and I think these girls are the most perfect girls in the world!

Violet Evergarden
Shouko Nishimiya
Musha Miko Tomoe
Annelotte Kreutz
Luculia Marlborough
Mitsuha Miyamizu
ALICE Zuberg
Yuuki Asuna
Kotegawa Nanaka

"The most amazing and interesting story in this world ever existed is the story of the world itself where all stories happened"
-Hassaan Lightstone-
Jul 1, 2019 10:21 PM

Oct 2014
Lightstone said:
Lunilah said:
I saw Uncle Iroh and Zuko sitting and drinking tea in spirit world! :D
Truly some transcendent characters.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Jul 1, 2019 10:26 PM

Jan 2016
Most female characters I like have something to do with either how they actually fit the themes of a show or their chemistry with the other people in the world. Although I'm particularly fond of wit and eccentricities.
Jul 1, 2019 10:39 PM

May 2018
The caring and protective type towards their man like Isabella Osa(My Wife is a Demon Queen), Mikasa(AoT) and Hitagi(Monogatari).

The cool type like Saki will be fun too.

Papa_ScorchJul 2, 2019 3:48 AM
Jul 1, 2019 10:57 PM

Apr 2016
[quote=Ryuk9428 message=57891607]
CHLO_JO007 said:

They fought for real political freedom so that kings can't have you executed for your beliefs. That's very different from people today who just want to be able to fuck a hundred different people and are obsessed with independence to the point where they think getting married only represents restrictions.

Its not put you first every second of the day, its that your lover should be the most important thing in your life.

And that does involve babying them some. Going into a relationship, you're responsible for your lover's emotional health. You gotta be willing to be there for the harder times too you can't just be there for the good times and skip town when things get rough.

Not allowing them to have friends is what we call, extreme jealousy. But not wanting to lose your lover is perfectly okay. Being jealous because your lover started showing somebody attention in a way that they don't towards you though, could be good cause for jealousy.

1. If you're against the whole "hook up" culture thing or "open relationships", then that's whatever (not my thing either), but again, not what I was talking about.

2. Again, you can have a job and still put your relationship 1st. The whole idea of being employed AND a good boyfriend/girlfriend or dad/mom is not foreign nor is it the minority.

3. Granted, if you love your partner, then it's only natural to want to try your best to make them happy. But don't mistake being there in tough times with emotional responsibility. You are NEVER responsible for their emotional health. Everyone has their own shit going on, some people carry baggage that goes as far back as infancy. The minute you try to take all that on, you're not allowing your partner to take responsibility for their actions or feelings. If they had a bad day, it's your fault. If they lack self-worth, it's your fault. If they did something wrong and feel bad, then it's your fault and you have to fix it. If you're feeling depressed for once, and you can't be there emotionally, then it's still your fault. Now who's taking care of you? Not the person who can't take care of themselves. And that leaves an opening for manipulation. Because when the ultimatums start rolling in (the "you better do this or I won't be happy" or the "if you don't do this, I'll hurt myself" stuff), that's not you being a good lover and conceding, that's you being controlled. If someone can't take some of the responsibility in their own happiness, they're not ready for a relationship.

4. And like I said earlier, jealousy is natural. But if the reason behind said jealousy is that the person has no life beyond the relationship or they think they have to be in a relationship to be happy, then that's not healthy. Again, someone's definition of happiness shouldn't lie on the shoulders of one person.
Jul 2, 2019 12:40 AM
Jan 2018
Shinobu.
Because is that even a question??
Jul 2, 2019 1:28 AM
Jul 2018
I never liked one specific character type, because there is one than one type of personality I could like.
But if I have to choose a type of girls, I'm going with the ones, who can hold themselves and also have something caring and feminine in their personslity, although they are very flawed in some ways. Like Bishamon or Holo.
Jul 2, 2019 1:42 AM

Jan 2018
HopefulNihilist said:

Hell fucking yeah mah boi Saber is definitely the ideal waifu!!!
She strong af, cute af, and hungry af as well!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 2, 2019 1:58 AM

Jan 2009
i do not have any particular preference when it comes to personality lol its fiction anyway so i even like Quinella (SAO) too and not just because she is naked all the time but her mentality like it does not matter if there is a god since they allow so much evil anyway that god does not care so you only have at least enough freedom/free will to live how you want but she freely choose to become a dictator (or god herself) though lol
Jul 2, 2019 2:00 AM

Apr 2017
I have 3 kinds of anime girls I like the most in terms of personality.

In the first type cuteness is a very important factor. But at the same time I want them to have a certain degree of maturity that they either hide underneath that cuteness, but show it when it's necessary, or it's constantly present alongside it. This maturity can be made of several things. I certainly like it if they have certain degree of wisdom and intelligence, while at the same time commanding certain elegance and independence. If there are certain parts of their personality that are to some degree contrasting with this cuteness (that is they are not cute at all) it can make me like them all the more. I suppose it's gap moe kinda thing. Although I'm generally not fun of yanderes, murderous or brutal actions with no remorse can be a prime example of this. Although it can also exist in different ways, such as cynicism or extraordinary wisdom. This naturally makes legal lolis my favorite archetype, since they usually posses all this and more.

Another type of characters that are like are kuuderes/danderes. So basically more generally characters that do not readily show emotions, are cool and composed. I like it when they sometime show their emotions, but I don't mind if they never show them much at all. As long as they aren't entirely robotic, that is. I still want them be human enough, however, and act accordingly.

Last of my favorite types is purely mature and elegant type. This one is pretty much the type OP likes too, so I don't think I need to go into any more details. I also include Ojou-sama archetype in this though.
MrZawaJul 2, 2019 2:08 AM

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Jul 2, 2019 2:29 AM

Jan 2016
Ah, that guy above has a good idea. let me just use mbti to make it brief. Not sure if it's accurate though.
Toshinou Kyouko - ENTP/ENFP
Tsukishiro Kohaku - ENTP/ENFP
Nonohara Yuzuko - ENFP
Koito Yuu - INTP
Oumae Kumiko - INFJ

seems like they're all quite similar.
Jul 2, 2019 2:57 AM

Oct 2014
@Hopefulnihilist
@Ryuk9428
@CHLO_JO007

Couples should figure out on their own how their relationships work.
sometimes, the old school ways work while at other times, other ways work.
just as long as they both know about give and take.

now pls keep the political arguments out of this thread. this thread is supposed to be fun, not political.

now back to topic.
I like girl with who I can geek out with like
Jul 2, 2019 3:01 AM

Oct 2015
CHLO_JO007 said:
Again, someone's definition of happiness shouldn't lie on the shoulders of one person.

I'm definitely stealing that lol

To @Ryuk9428, the suicide rates of US is likely a result of multitude of factors which cannot be oversimplified as "People don't wanna devote themselves to their spouses anymore." Unless you can cite a scientific substantiation of the claim that it's the main component your argument holds no water. You have the burden of proof as the person making the claim. Also you probably deliberately ignored Nordic countries where despite having this "liberation" of women the level of well-being is one of the highest in the world by pretty much any considerable metric.
Jul 2, 2019 3:16 AM

Jun 2011
Someone who has her own goal, work towards it, but still doesn't discard her own femininity. A girl who acts like a boy is no different from a boy.

Pretty much girls like Kyoko from Skip Beat, Shuurei from Saiunkoku Monogatari, Kajika from Hanasakeru Seishounen, Yona from Akatsuki no Yona, Aoba from Cross Game..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 2, 2019 4:29 AM

May 2018
Gorochu said:
The caring and protective type towards their man like Isabella Osa(My Wife is a Demon Queen), Mikasa(AoT) and Hitagi(Monogatari).

To add up more what I just said here.
Waifu protect husbando.

Waifu concern for husbando.

Waifu pissed off when someone talk bad about husbando.

Kawai.
Jul 2, 2019 4:43 AM

Mar 2019
The type that is a loli, the sibling of whatever he has sex with and actually male.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Jul 2, 2019 4:46 AM
Apr 2017
Gorochu said:
Gorochu said:

Waifu protect husbando.

Kawai.
Isn't Mikasa just *a tad* too obsessed though? Takes the whole "protective and caring" dangerously towards Misery levels.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Jul 2, 2019 5:36 AM

May 2018
Kurgo said:
Gorochu said:

Waifu protect husbando.

Kawai.
Isn't Mikasa just *a tad* too obsessed though? Takes the whole "protective and caring" dangerously towards Misery levels.

Yeah true, but there something about her that only manga readers can understand which I choose not to spoil it here.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 1 hour ago

12 by zoeanime13 »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 5 hours ago

25 by karemi_ »»
3 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 12 hours ago

21 by Orokanatenshi »»
14 minutes ago

» I really wish that more animes had re-caps

Atmogenic - 27 minutes ago

7 by Atmogenic »»
15 minutes ago

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 5 hours ago

21 by PlasticRobot »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.