Forum Settings
Forums

Trump calls London mayor a 'disaster' after a spate of killings

New
Jun 16, 2019 8:29 AM

May 2018
LONDON - U.S. President Donald Trump once again criticized London Mayor Sadiq Khan on Saturday, saying he is a "disaster" and will "only get worse" after three people were slain in the city in less than 20 hours.

Trump retweeted a tweet by the right-wing commentator Katie Hopkins who called London "stab city" and said "this is Khan’s Londonistan," a phrase used to describe the city's failure to tackle Muslim extremists.

"LONDON needs a new mayor ASAP. Khan is a disaster - will only get worse!" Trump said on Twitter.

Trump called Khan, a Muslim of Pakistani heritage, a"stone-cold loser" earlier this month after the mayor criticized the British government for inviting Trump for a state visit and compared him to 20th century fascists.

Trump’s feud with Khan dates back several years. Khan has criticized Trump’s effort to ban travellers from Muslim countries, while the president has castigated the mayor for his handling of a 2017 terrorist attack on the London bridge that killed 11 people

https://japantoday.com/category/world/trump-calls-london-mayor-a-'disaster'-after-a-spate-of-killings
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jun 16, 2019 1:56 PM

Dec 2017
That's nothing new. Trump hates muslims which don't benefit him unlike the 'saudis'.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Jun 16, 2019 2:06 PM

Sep 2012
Well, he's not wrong, is he?
Jun 16, 2019 2:09 PM
Jan 2013
To be fair, Khan has been a terrible mayor so far
"How am I supposed to face the problem when the problem is my face?" - W.Lui

"A real man forgives a woman for her lies." - Sanji

"First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes adults flying through a portal in the sky." - NettoSaito

"I'm not a newbie it's just that I only registered a few days ago." - A newbie
Jun 16, 2019 3:49 PM

Apr 2012
is 3 stabbings in a population of roughly 8.7 million people in a 20 hour span actually that bad? lmao

we have much more violent crime here in the US with significantly less people in most cities

Jun 16, 2019 4:01 PM

Jun 2008
WHAT?!

Ok...there is LITERALLY a mass shooting in America like every other week!

Who is Trump to criticize anyone in terms of not being able to protect their citizens?!?

The Cheetoh in Chief does nothing because he and his pathetic party are completely bought off by the NRA.

But, just another inane, completely retarded statement by the dumbest motherfucker that has ever been president.

I mean, my god, Bush looks like a genius next to Trump.

And of course, his cult will defend him (unironically) because that’s just how stupid they are as well.
Jun 16, 2019 4:09 PM

Jul 2017
lol at the comments
At this point, it is more shocking when Trump actually gets facts correct.
Jun 16, 2019 4:18 PM

Jun 2008
London —> 3 dead due to stabbings...

Trump: “Hurr durr, you guys suck, you’re a loser Khan!”

Any fucking city in America —> Another mass shooting leaving FAR greater than 3 dead....repeats itself over and over again...

Trump: “I don’t care, #MAGA”
Jun 16, 2019 6:41 PM

Oct 2011
Trump's right. UK should follow the great America's footsteps. 3 stabbings in less then 20 hours is unfathomable. Legalize guns, then there would be 0 stabbings. Everyone can defend themselves with a gun.
Jun 16, 2019 7:13 PM

Sep 2018
I think it is important to seperate individuals willing to adapt to a culture and learn the language to immigrants with other intentions. Trump is not fully incorrect in his claims.
Jun 16, 2019 7:19 PM

Jan 2009
ye i agree with the comments here Trump is acting like London is worse than USA when it comes to killings
Jun 16, 2019 10:15 PM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Yea cuz nothing bad happened in lets say the peaceful New York for those 20 hours. Like don't get me wrong, London's police might have become a joke but the hypocrisy is real.

Saudi Arabia beheads or crucifies gays and political enemies after gruesome tortures - Trump says nothing.

Multiple mass shootings in the US over the last year - Trump: I feel sorry for the victims.

3 dead in London in separate incidents - Trump: OMG MUSLIM INVASION 2019 IT IS A DISASTER

Obviously this is unacceptable but it seems like Trump only cares about the victims as long as he can benefit something from their deaths.
Jun 17, 2019 12:26 AM
Jul 2018
iasuru said:
Trump's right. UK should follow the great America's footsteps. 3 stabbings in less then 20 hours is unfathomable. Legalize guns, then there would be 0 stabbings. Everyone can defend themselves with a gun.

Because guns would get cheaper than knifes
Jun 17, 2019 3:15 AM

Sep 2018
What a moron. That's a good day in most American cities but he seems to keep quiet about that. The hypocrisy is laughable.

London is a shithole though and it's only going to get worse as more brits move out and more African immigrants move in meaning more gangs and more deaths.
Jun 17, 2019 4:04 AM

Jan 2017
As someone who actually immigrated to another country it's plain as day to see when a group of people are not willing to assimilate. Of course this may be a shocking fact to some people, but, when you let people in and the first thing they do is start crime and begin to stab the populace it may, just may, be a good indicator they are not willing to embrace the new culture in which they inhabit. Shocking right?
CneqJun 17, 2019 4:11 AM
Jun 17, 2019 4:09 AM

Jan 2017
149597871 said:
Yea cuz nothing bad happened in lets say the peaceful New York for those 20 hours. Like don't get me wrong, London's police might have become a joke but the hypocrisy is real.

Saudi Arabia beheads or crucifies gays and political enemies after gruesome tortures - Trump says nothing.

Multiple mass shootings in the US over the last year - Trump: I feel sorry for the victims.

3 dead in London in separate incidents - Trump: OMG MUSLIM INVASION 2019 IT IS A DISASTER

Obviously this is unacceptable but it seems like Trump only cares about the victims as long as he can benefit something from their deaths.
Nice argument mate, b*tch about trump some more and which of the two is the lesser evil. Both countries are screwed and letting migrants into london has caused a drastic increase in crime and stabbings. People who spew putrid nothingness like yourself are the reason nothing gets done in this world.
Jun 17, 2019 4:56 AM

Jul 2007
Most British cities are such depressing, poverty-ridden shitholes it's a miracle there aren't more stabbings.
Jun 17, 2019 5:40 AM

May 2018
London is essentially a shithole right now so he's 100% right.
Jun 17, 2019 7:33 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Cneq said:
149597871 said:

Nice argument mate, b*tch about trump some more and which of the two is the lesser evil. Both countries are screwed and letting migrants into london has caused a drastic increase in crime and stabbings. People who spew putrid nothingness like yourself are the reason nothing gets done in this world.

I don't deny that the situation in London isn't good. However Trump denies far more important issues in his own and other countries around the world while using some particular incidents such as these to spread political propaganda.
Jun 17, 2019 9:27 AM

Jun 2015
well trump's right. And the way it's being handled is a disaster tool. If I even mention muslim or immigrant rape gangs that are roaming the streets preying on children which we have VERIFIABLE proof of, I get accused of "hate speech".
Jun 17, 2019 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
says the dumpster fire himself
Jun 17, 2019 9:56 PM

Dec 2008
zzzeally said:
is 3 stabbings in a population of roughly 8.7 million people in a 20 hour span actually that bad? lmao

Yes actually it is.
If 3 murders in a day was normal London would have over a 1000 murders a year.
In 2018 the total murders in London was 132.
Jun 17, 2019 9:57 PM

Apr 2011
Well Trump isn't wrong. A small city in a rise of acid attacks and stabbing by our muzzie mayor and friends.
Jun 18, 2019 12:05 PM

Apr 2012
Saku_k said:
zzzeally said:

Yes actually it is.

no that's an overreaction
and i don't know why you chose to use that completely irrelevant projection
London still remains one of the safest cities compared to US cities with similar populations
zzzeallyJun 18, 2019 12:09 PM

Jun 19, 2019 5:16 AM

Apr 2012
Saku_k said:
Yes actually it is.

If 132 murders happen on random, independent days of the year, then the chance of there being at least one day with at least three murders is over 90%. That's how statistics work.
Jun 19, 2019 5:20 AM

Sep 2018
logopolis said:

If 132 murders happen on random, independent days of the year, then the chance of there being at least one day with at least three murders is over 90%. That's how statistics work.

That's still not normal if it happens once in 365 days. Normal would mean if it was happening all the time, 3-5 times a week like in most US cities.
Jun 19, 2019 5:48 AM

Jun 2008
Saku_k said:

In comparison, New York City has 289 murders in 2018...more than double!

And...get this...it was actually the LOWEST amount of murders in NYC in decades!

In 1990, NYC had 2,245 murders...that’s in ONE year!

So, overall, I’d say London is fairly safe....I was there myself not too long ago, had a great time and at no point felt unsafe.
Jun 19, 2019 8:03 AM

Dec 2008
--ALEX-- said:

And...get this...it was actually the LOWEST amount of murders in NYC in decades!

So, overall, I’d say London is fairly safe....I was there myself not too long ago, had a great time and at no point felt unsafe.

Not sure what you guys are going on about. My post was in response to the idea that 3 murders in less than 24 hours isn't a big deal because London has a big population, thus implying that 3 murders in a day is normal. The reality is London doesn't actually have that many murders for its size so 3 in a day is kind of a big deal/not a normal occurrence.
Murders in London have been on the rise the past couple years, and Khan has faced criticism for this, from people other than Trump. So Trump isn't really off the mark here and he isn't alone. Londoners don't think Khan is doing a very good job either, his approval rating has been plummeting recently, murders and knife violence being one of the reasons. Also, trends are important and what we should be looking at. As you say, NYC had 2245 murders in 1990, and only 289 in 2018. NYC has come a long way in reducing murders. If murders in NYC jumped to 1000 for 2019, people would be upset, even if it is still less than half of 1990. People care about whether things are getting better or worse.
Jun 19, 2019 8:57 AM

Jun 2019
--ALEX-- said:
Saku_k said:

Things are so bad that migrants are sending their children back to Africa to escape knife crime.
London is now official less safe then Africa.
This is what happens when you import third world you become third world.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-48353960
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9169860/parents-of-british-teens-send-them-to-somalia-to-escape-uks-knife-crime-epidemic/

London having a higher crime rate then New York

Even if crime rate was lower it still wouldn't justify exponential rise in crime rate.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-48050426

So no London is not a safe place anymore.

Jun 19, 2019 9:19 AM

Sep 2018
The criminals are all immigrants so the irony of sending others back is not lost on me.

I don't mind when gang members die but there was one poor girl stabbed to death from behind as part of an initiation to a gang. This all happened because stop and search powers were considered "racist" so now all blacks know they can carry a knife without fear of being arrested.

Once again the PC do-gooders have blood on their hands.
Jun 19, 2019 11:37 AM

Jun 2008
AncapAnimeGod said:

Yeah ok...cool story bro.

I’m sure Londoners are already booking their flights to Africa as I type to get away from the horrors.

QPR said:
The criminals are all immigrants so the irony of sending others back is not lost on me.

I don't mind when gang members die but there was one poor girl stabbed to death from behind as part of an initiation to a gang. This all happened because stop and search powers were considered "racist" so now all blacks know they can carry a knife without fear of being arrested.

Literally ALL the criminals are immigrants?

Is there some stats that back that up?

Or is this just hyperbole?
Jun 19, 2019 12:28 PM

Jun 2019
--ALEX-- said:
AncapAnimeGod said:

I’m sure Londoners are already booking their flights to Africa as I type to get away from the horrors.

QPR said:

I like how you cherry picked a single quote from my entire post and ignore all the rest.
And how you demand others to provide sources while you are not providing any your self.
But not only that you also ignored all the sources that I provided because they prove you wrong and you can't refute them.

But then again leftist are not known for their critical thinking.
Enjoy your daily dose of soy and have a nice day.

Jun 19, 2019 5:24 PM

May 2013
"Some violence? Ban guns"

"Terrorism? Part and Parcel of living in a major city"
Jun 19, 2019 7:02 PM

Oct 2011
AncapAnimeGod said:
--ALEX-- said:

Things are so bad that migrants are sending their children back to Africa to escape knife crime.
This is what happens when you import third world you become third world.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-48353960
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9169860/parents-of-british-teens-send-them-to-somalia-to-escape-uks-knife-crime-epidemic/

London having a higher crime rate then New York

Even if crime rate was lower it still wouldn't justify exponential rise in crime rate.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-48050426

So no London is not a safe place anymore.

Oh my god, there was a couple of knife murders. the world is ending.
Jun 19, 2019 10:38 PM

Sep 2018
--ALEX-- said:

Not all criminals, all London knife crime. There wont be any stats anywhere that back up proof non whites are a problem. ie the muslim kiddie fiddling rings in every northern town.
So you will have to look yourself.
Jun 20, 2019 9:33 AM

Jul 2013
Violent crime? pfft, who cares, It's just part and parcel of living in a major city. It definitely has nothing to do with London's high ethnic population.
Jun 20, 2019 9:52 AM

Feb 2010
QPR said:
--ALEX-- said:

all London knife crime.

Jack the ripper begs to differ
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 20, 2019 2:10 PM

Aug 2012
AncapAnimeGod said:

I like how you cherry picked a single quote from my entire post and ignore all the rest.

What he quoted was a lone statement thus the context is easily determined. He doesn't need to quote the whole post because your saying that " London is now official less safe then Africa." is false and ambiguous. It shows the extent of your ignorance.

Jun 20, 2019 3:28 PM

Nov 2009
AncapAnimeGod said:
--ALEX-- said:

And how you demand others to provide sources while you are not providing any your self.
But not only that you also ignored all the sources that I provided because they prove you wrong and you can't refute them.

This post is amazing, it's like you short-circuited once you realized how moronic is statement was lol.
Jun 20, 2019 3:28 PM

Nov 2009
AncapAnimeGod said:
--ALEX-- said:

This post is amazing, it's like you short-circuited once you realized how moronic your statement was lol. Quick, grab more reactionfaces, maybe you can still save face!
Jun 20, 2019 11:34 PM

Sep 2018
hazarddex said:

Jack the ripper begs to differ

Are you sure on that?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_the_Ripper_suspects

Around half were foreign!

and yes, I know you weren't serious.
Jun 21, 2019 8:16 AM

Apr 2012
Bernrika said:
This post is amazing, it's like you short-circuited once you realized how moronic your statement was lol. Quick, grab more reactionfaces, maybe you can still save face!
This coming from you is rather inefficient.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jun 21, 2019 8:31 AM

Nov 2016
Sounds like the city demographic of London is changing for the worst.

But what do I know, I've only lived in London for 37 years.
Jun 23, 2019 2:26 AM

Nov 2009
Immahnoob said:
Bernrika said:

Did I... rustle your jimmies?

Jun 23, 2019 2:30 AM

Apr 2012
Bernrika said:
Immahnoob said:

"No u"'d me out of existence, am I right?

Autocrat said:
Jun 23, 2019 3:08 AM

Nov 2009
Immahnoob said:
Bernrika said:

Uh, quite ironic.

Jun 23, 2019 3:09 AM

Apr 2012
Bernrika said:
Immahnoob said:

Uh, quite ironic.

I don't think you want to argue semantics with me.

Autocrat said:
Jun 23, 2019 3:56 AM

Mar 2008
QPR said:
--ALEX-- said:

Not all criminals, all London knife crime. There wont be any stats anywhere that back up proof non whites are a problem. ie the muslim kiddie fiddling rings in every northern town.
So you will have to look yourself.

Lack of evidence isn't evidence. Also even if that were true that's manipulation of data by being so narrow as a city. It's not like London has it's own border and immigration laws. It took me just seconds to find a case of a stabbing that doesn't seem to be an immigrant suspect.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/surrey-terrorism-incident-teenager-attacked-baseball-bat-knife-stanwell-police-a8827361.html

To ad to that. Race =/= national origin. If someone is not white it doesn't make them an immigrant.
Jun 23, 2019 4:06 AM

Sep 2018
traed said:

Lack of evidence isn't evidence. Also even if that were true that's manipulation of data by being so narrow as a city. It's not like London has it's own border and immigration laws. It took me just seconds to find a case of a stabbing that doesn't seem to be an immigrant suspect.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/surrey-terrorism-incident-teenager-attacked-baseball-bat-knife-stanwell-police-a8827361.html

To ad to that. Race =/= national origin. If someone is not white it doesn't make them an immigrant.

That is not in London.

It is often hard to find the killer but here's the top list of victims who are immigrants.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/search?q=london+stabbing
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48660063
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-48671557/london-stabbing-he-was-my-amazing-brother
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48680133
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48710049

3 blacks, a Lithuanian and a Russian. Not one white British person which is surprising considering they make up 92% of the population. I left out Lician Savin because it sounds very foreign but I am not sure if he is.
Jun 23, 2019 10:47 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Politics aside, from everything I seen London is a shithole not worth living in. I don't know how anyone can justify spending 2.5k a month on a 1 bedroom apartment which is the average price there.

The city also dirty and polluted, to densely populated, and lacks anything fun to do outside of consumerism.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.