Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 29, 2019 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dang, that little blonde girl has some awkward BL delusions. Ellie also showed up this episode.

Seems this episode still had a lot of the usual humor. Sicily is especially shy with each pass episode. However, it seems she and Shin got more closer and their relationship is developing more. I was hoping to see that actual kiss but the other characters got caught lol

That was also no ordinary volleyball game! Lol, the ending.
Stark700May 29, 2019 8:36 AM
May 29, 2019 8:57 AM
Apr 2019
What an episode, probably the best one yet. Things will get serious soon though
May 29, 2019 9:33 AM
Sep 2015
I had some difficulties with Maya Hinanogi's dubbing, but still it's not that bad, i enjoyed her as May's voice.

I didn't think the scene where Shin is called Ecchi would be actually adapted... i should have expected that tho.

I literally laughed all the while the episode was running XD

The declaration got me actually excited like it did in the web novel ad the manga.

Volleyball was destructive as hell but still funny to watch, and not bad animated.

5/5 for this one, like the previous ones lol.
SNJosephMay 29, 2019 10:01 AM
May 29, 2019 9:47 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode.

Shin and Sicily got closer in this episode.

May 29, 2019 9:51 AM
Nov 2017
The animation and voice acting are so disconnected, it really gets annoying. I'll probably go read the Manga/ Light Novel instead.
May 29, 2019 10:04 AM

Jan 2018
Nyord7 said:
The animation and voice acting are so disconnected, it really gets annoying. I'll probably go read the Manga/ Light Novel instead.

I suggest you don't. for me at least, the studio made the adaptation better. The manga was a bit fast paced, no very fast paced and everything was going on all out once.

welp, as for the episode, it just keeps getting worse and worse...
May 29, 2019 10:20 AM
Feb 2018
I liked that episode, it was nice seeing Shin being op as ever and glad to see Shin and Sizzlin finally got together. So Aug is into tsundres, ok then.
May 29, 2019 10:22 AM

Jul 2016
Nyord7 said:

I highly suggest you to, but you don't need to drop the anime ^^.
DooMWhiteMay 29, 2019 10:28 AM

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

May 29, 2019 10:27 AM
Aug 2018
Nyord7 said:

Idk about the LN but the WN is still being translated...
May 29, 2019 10:28 AM
Jan 2018
I know that Mays voice actor is new and all well you got to start somewhere I suppose but I got a feeling the way she did her voice dosnt match may at all

It's been a while since a confession has happend in an iskeai I think smartphone was the last one . And it was uninterrupted as well apart from the kiss
Mattinator95May 29, 2019 10:51 AM
May 29, 2019 10:48 AM
Sep 2018
5/5 would watch again for the boob grab . jk. It was a pretty good episode.

I dont know all the anime episodes and manga chapters that were released this week were all good .
One piece , dororo , Tate no yuusha ,SnK, kenja no mago and even one piece manga . All were good . Well except for OPM. :p
May 29, 2019 11:06 AM
Oct 2017
who is the AD on this show? they're doing a terrible job, the sakuga cuts look like a completely different show from the sterilized typical Silver Link designs
May 29, 2019 11:15 AM

Dec 2011
Nice episode but what with May's voice actress.It just don't suit a little girl and the volleyball part was filer no, It wasn't in the manga but may be it was in the light novel.
May 29, 2019 11:20 AM

Dec 2018
Generally the protagonists of anime are usually cold with the girl they supposedly like. But this time, surprisingly, if he seems to have an authentic interest in his girlfriend, he declared himself of his own free will, it's something, but it's a breakthrough at least.
May 29, 2019 11:35 AM

Jan 2008
I know I'm just repeating what others have said but that little girls voice was very unsuiting of the character.

And strangely, like most isekai, these old fantasy worlds despite having dated technology sure seem to have some advanced swimsuits.
May 29, 2019 12:04 PM

Feb 2015
It's refreshing bro see a series build a proper relationship as opposed to teasing is like most LN. Noticed some dips in animation, mostly between main shots. I suspect a subcontractor is to blame but they did stand out.
May 29, 2019 12:10 PM

Oct 2013
WHERE'S MY KISS SCENE?!

Though I do appreciate them at least getting together
May 29, 2019 1:11 PM

Oct 2014
The ending part got toned down after all...... Was a lot more intense in the LN (Seemed like they'd do it till the end)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2019 1:16 PM
Apr 2019
bitchassdarius said:
who is the AD on this show? they're doing a terrible job, the sakuga cuts look like a completely different show from the sterilized typical Silver Link designs

Same ad as konosuba
May 29, 2019 1:51 PM

Mar 2012
Of this season, this is my favorite "dumb" anime. It's so generic but not a harem isekai so it's a win in my book.
May 29, 2019 2:30 PM
Aug 2018
MetaKite said:
Of this season, this is my favorite "dumb" anime. It's so generic but not a harem isekai so it's a win in my book.

I wish the female lead was Maria, I prefer girls with more personality....
May 29, 2019 2:49 PM

Jan 2017
August's little sister has one of the most annoying voices I've heard in recent memory. lol I thought the episode was otherwise okay.
May 29, 2019 2:55 PM

Oct 2008
MC is too OP! nerf him down!
so the two are now official! those horny rabbit bastards! lolz
i guess if the impending demonoids got the upper hand, all of Shin's friends will be doomed and he'll be the only one left...death flags for all except Shin.
3/5.

BlackCicero said:
August's little sister has one of the most annoying voices I've heard in recent memory. lol I thought the episode was otherwise okay.

i think VA Umika Kawashima is much more appalling on the voice department, just watch (Title: Nana Maru San Batsu) she voices: Mari Fukami

May 29, 2019 3:03 PM

Apr 2017
Oh, I'm really glad this isn't a harem show. If it was, I'd already be dead by now.
May 29, 2019 3:04 PM

Nov 2013
lol i agree May's voice got me by surprise, but rewatching the scene made me like her voice tbh =D

another fun episode
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
May 29, 2019 3:35 PM

Nov 2018
Well it was about time they got together
May 29, 2019 3:44 PM

Jan 2017
matias067 said:
MC is too OP! nerf him down!
so the two are now official! those horny rabbit bastards! lolz
i guess if the impending demonoids got the upper hand, all of Shin's friends will be doomed and he'll be the only one left...death flags for all except Shin.
3/5.

BlackCicero said:

i think VA Umika Kawashima is much more appalling on the voice department, just watch (Title: Nana Maru San Batsu) she voices: Mari Fukami
I've watched that show, that VA performance felt more like it was lacking in experience than it was annoying, I got accustomed to that voice fairly quickly . The VA performance for the character from Kenja no Mago felt like the seiyuu didn't have the vocal range to make the voice of the character sound believable. As a result it took me out the watching experience every time the character spoke and also the specific tone of the character didn't feel good to listen to, hence my annoyance. lol
May 29, 2019 4:51 PM
Feb 2009
finally some progress on their relationship
May 29, 2019 4:55 PM

Aug 2018
Probably the episode I prefered the most !

Finally Shin declared himself to Sizili, I really thought it would take ages but it only took decades lol

The introduction of both May & Ellie was cool and it turned the show in a "slice of life in a magic world thema" for 24 minutes. Looked like a real school trip !

But it probably represents calm before the storm...
May 29, 2019 4:57 PM

Oct 2015
Even the romance is bland, no wonder it doesn't contain the tag. The confession between Sicily and Shin was so boring that I was thinking what I had for breakfast instead. They should should just end this farce of an anime at episode 10, because it doesn't know where it's going plot wise, isekai wise, romance, character wise and fanservice wise. It was almost like a person produced this in his mother's basement or on a drunk night.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 29, 2019 5:05 PM

Feb 2019
fun episode. definitely loved their take on the beach scene. however, i think it's a tad bit too soon for them to get together. what's the whole point of them getting together ASAP? fodder for more gags? hmm...
May 29, 2019 5:27 PM
Aug 2018
lihle808 said:
Even the romance is bland, no wonder it doesn't contain the tag. The confession between Sicily and Shin was so boring that I was thinking what I had for breakfast instead. They should should just end this farce of an anime at episode 10, because it doesn't know where it's going plot wise, isekai wise, romance, character wise and fanservice wise. It was almost like a person produced this in his mother's basement or on a drunk night.

Its definitely one of those anime you can't go in expecting to see the stars and planets but instead some cool looking fireworks mixed in with some bottle rockets. Also these type of anime mainly target the PG13 crowd so their being deficiencies is only expected. Though I'll admit this anime tries to do the most while doing the very least. A mix bag of a bunch of cliches not really executed as well as it should if it just focused on one aspect. For example if this was mainly an action driven series focused on how MC combines science and magic it would have been better, but the source material it derives from is mostly comedy/slice of life which it doesn't do to well since all the characters have close to zero personality. Tbh if Sicily wasn't MCs waifu I would just know her as blue haired girl.
May 29, 2019 6:07 PM
Jan 2019
Hahaha, it was about time that Shin declared his love for Sicily. Everything happened very fast. And if you think about it, it's not as cliché as I've heard, since in many stories the protagonist waits until the end to declare his love for the girl he likes, generally, before dying as Prince August dijo o said being interrupted every time they try to confess. But, well, they are already together, just missing the happy KISS.

Someone else thought the voice of Princess May was strange and reminded Wendy of "Fairy Tail"?

It made me laugh to see Merlin and Melida in bathing suits showing their sculptural bodies 😂. They are great grandparents 😎👌.

The boys and girls have so much fun in the camp that causes envy. Training playing beach volleyball was a fun and peculiar idea 😂.

PS: Let's not talk about breasts, which are too many.

Applause for Shin that was not sadly rejected as other soldiers that I have seen in other Animes 😅👏.
May 29, 2019 6:29 PM

Nov 2017
This is the best episode so far. Sizilien and Elizabeth are both so cute XD Only Sizilien has romantic feelings for the MC, so anybody who has watched this episode and still thinks this is a harem show are out of their minds, lol. Since there are now literally 3 boy-girl couples in the MC’s group. An anime can have lots of cute girls and fanservice without having to feature an element of a “harem for a male MC”. Also, I just checked Amazon JP, and Vol 10 of Kenja no Mago Light Novel will be on sale a month from now, with Shin and August on the cover.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
May 29, 2019 7:14 PM
Jun 2013
i hate how bad MAL is about putting the correct genre on anime. Kenja no Mago definitely has romance in it and many other ones this season like Senyruu.

Back on topic of this forum, another great episode lol. already caught up with manga too
May 29, 2019 7:48 PM
May 2017
Its one of rare animes where the main hero fall in love with Blue hair girl instead red hair 😂. I don't mind as longest they are happy
May 29, 2019 7:56 PM

Jan 2011
this episode was my favorite so far simply because our boi Aug that's been pushing the narrative came out to tell Shin to confess and then he did meanwhile hes got a cute wife

and we got some heart to heart with some of the class ,show has been in need of fleshing out these characters a bit more don't even remember half their names

while Kenja remains mostly on the generic side of the iskeai's when it goes off the beaten path it ends up making for a more enjoyable time it's trash but good trash

random note besides ya know fanservice was odd seeing everyone in modern looking swimsuits at least something like Endro made them look like from a world of fantasy
May 29, 2019 8:10 PM
Jan 2016
So Ellie and May are introduced, didn't expect August to have a fiance, and she is really pretty!

Obvious that Ellie would tell about Shin and August conversation at lunch an say it to Sicily, Sicily talking about her baby with Shin was so Hillarious!

Finaly Shin declared to Sicily, and it was a really romantic moment, i wanted kiss scene, but they had to be caught, they could got caught after kiss!

Lucky Shin about that ending, Sicily surely was pretty hot!
May 29, 2019 8:28 PM
Apr 2019
This anime is criminally underrated here in the west
May 29, 2019 8:36 PM

Mar 2008
Definitely the best episode of the batch.
May 29, 2019 8:40 PM
Apr 2019
The people giving reviews on this show are hilarious

"Do not watch this anime if you like a deep character driven plot with intellectual dialog and clever jokes. Don't watch this anime if you have a high standard for fictional stories that involve intelligent characterization."

Seriously, that isn't even what the anime is about. All you would need to read is the synopsis to know this. Even still these characters have more depth than a lot of anime that are trying to be that kind of anime with "depth"
May 29, 2019 8:43 PM

Aug 2012
May's seiyuu is virtual YouTuber Maya Hinanogi. Her voice was so bad
May 29, 2019 8:50 PM
Apr 2019
Alecks said:
May's seiyuu is virtual YouTuber Maya Hinanogi. Her voice was so bad

The english dub voice actor for may has a super cute voice
May 29, 2019 11:41 PM

Dec 2009
Well that was a lovely episode. This show is definitely going down the Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry path of being relatively typical but also a nice fresh twist on it. This is where isekai does best imo.

People who brush stuff aside because it's "too generic"... why bloody care if it's something familiar or not. Originality is an illusion anyway, and japanese audiences have no troubles understanding everything doesn't have to be crazy and ultra unique to be enjoyable. There's a reason shows like these continue to exist and do decently.

They didn't flounder around too much with the romance for too long, it was really nice to see it actually come through and not result in any stupid antics. Even the kiss interruption didn't feel forced and cringeworthy like those tend to be, so that was nice too.

I wouldn't even call this anime dumb. Of many similar counterparts this one ironically has more common sense to it than a lot of isekai do. It's hard to really explain, but none of the main cast is dumb, and there is plenty of subtleties in their decisions and behaviour to show them all as being reasonably intelligent sensible people.

Also i didn't find May's voice irritating... i don't understand peoples' intolerance with weird speech inflections. It caught me by surprise, it was indeed odd, never heard a CV like that before, so it was interesting. I can't comprehend just being a jerkass and hearing some random person that talks weird and being like "goddamn your voice is annoying" like wtf...
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
May 30, 2019 12:42 AM
May 2019
Does anyone think that it's weird that there was a volleyball game right after Shin and Cecily became lovers. It's just weird cuz I thought they would be like talking about the future and whatnot.
May 30, 2019 2:47 AM

Jul 2017
This might be the best episode yet IMO. So much gag and hilarious situations.

Shin and his Grandparents don't take chances when it comes to evil. But Shin just don't learn when he creates new powers where everyone shields against him, knowing the awe of power in his hands.

Prince Aug's fiancee and little imouto showed up, and that segment I gotta say I was LMAOing smh all the way with their delusions.

And finally, I can understand why people really didn't like the point where Shin and Cecily went from striking the ball to homerun, felt too fast. The cute moments are that they finally noticed each others, and with Prince August instilling the fire within Shin, everyone knows the story by heart, and finally by mouth of word.

Such cute moments this episode. It's trash isekai but now I understand the appeal of "good" trash isekai.

@GenesisAria definitely felt the Rakushi Calvary moments this episode. Same studio, and (maybe) progression.
May 30, 2019 3:13 AM

Apr 2018
May's voice actress irritated me all the time... it's like... huh, too much like an adult trying to fake a cute young voice.

At least I got to finally see the romantic confession of Shin! Now I really really want to see the next part of this confession taking place!!
LilyWhiteheartMay 30, 2019 3:28 AM
May 30, 2019 4:07 AM

Oct 2017
Well they became a couple which is nice i guess thou i would have liked to see more development between them and then confession but this works too.
May 30, 2019 5:47 AM

Dec 2009
LilyWhiteheart said:
May's voice actress irritated me all the time... it's like... huh, too much like an adult trying to fake a cute young voice.
It's not really... It's either her normal mode of speech or it's her common persona, to speak with that tongue-in-teeth sound... Granted exaggerated in this role. Look at her vtuber stuff etc. Reminds me of Suzuko from AKB0048, who also had that tongue-in-teeth way of talking.

@KANLen09
"Good" trash shows are some of my favourite kind. I wouldn't even call them trash really... They're more like casual watching. It's comfortably good, but not necessarily special. Seen so many fantastic anime, taking a breather in some easy watches which are not complete trash (have some merits) are plenty enjoyable. Having cute is important ofc, and random friendly shenanigans between chars never gets old in any anime. Trash is what i'd call stuff that is actually garbage terrible, guilty pleasure stupidity, like that Choukadou Girl ⅙. That show has the charm of being like classic 2000's trash nonsense otaku anime lol. Japan never fails to defy the present when it feels like it. (ofc there's also the epitome of trash, Eromanga-sensei lmao)
GenesisAriaMay 30, 2019 5:55 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
May 30, 2019 8:48 AM

Jul 2017
@GenesisAria very true. Whenever Japan always feels like releasing some shit they do with no prejudice. Not caring about quality but quantity.

In the case of this show, IMO there's no (subjective) creativity, but then putting a fresh look into what has been cliches and tropes made 1000 times past, present and future is indeed still a decent thing. Not that it is redeemable in anyway but at least they tried.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

279 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 22, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

107 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2019

129 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 17, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2019

77 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 14, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Kenja no Mago Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

120 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 9, 7:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.