Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 25, 2019 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, that Kazusa Ootori girl is such a big fan of Satowa. I find her personality kind childish though.

A bit of a lighthearted episode and building up for the main story. Everyone has to do their best. Can't wait to see the upcoming competitions.
May 25, 2019 10:12 AM

Apr 2010
Seems like Kurata has some issues with the place they are going to.
Anyway the girl who came in was funny especially her fear of guys and her obsession with Houzuki i guess we can expect something from her in the future.
For now tho she put up a challenge.
May 25, 2019 10:37 AM

Jul 2017
So we've had the girl who hates guys, the girl who hates everyone, and now the girl who fears guys

when can we get the girl who love guys
May 25, 2019 11:07 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Despite his words Chika's actions sure were nice. Always eating alone must get boring real quick. Considering what Hiro did to them the injuries that she sustained sure was understandable. Chika's expression actually looked cute when he was being persistent with learning. Hmm so thats Chika's aunt huh. Thats the location in which she lives in. Hozuki's skills sure ended up picking quite the fangirl and a rather blunt one as well. Im quite curious as to whether Kazusa's words truly reflect on the actual skills of their club. Though it looks like Takezo has some complicated feelings with the school in question. Overall an excellent ep that while doing well in introducing some new characters also did well to show how much Chika and his friends have improved both in personality and in their desire to improve their skills. Im also loving the gradual development in the relationship between Hozuki and Chika as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2019 11:27 AM
Jan 2015
Hozuki and Chika really carry this series don't they?
My Queens

May 25, 2019 11:52 AM

May 2016
Really good episode. That new girl is going to be a problem though if they're not careful. We also get introduced to Chika's aunt where we Chika smiling a lot more than he used to. But the best part of this episode was definitely Chika's and Hozuki's funny argument in the classroom, especially with their class starting to take notice of their relationship. Looking forward to the next one.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
May 25, 2019 12:15 PM

Apr 2016
The supply of obnoxious characters seems to be endless.
May 25, 2019 1:21 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode! I loved Hozuki and Chika's interaction in class!! + the lunch scene as well.
May 25, 2019 1:39 PM

Dec 2014
Satowa-chan and her blushes are so adorable, they give me life. <3

Chika's finally enjoying his youth. His grandpa would be proud. :)

We finally get introduced to Kazusa and the Himesaka girls, I kinda imagined Kazusa having a stronger shade of blond (more yellowish) when reading the manga but it seems like here they chose to have her hair color much paler.

Next week should be good, we'll get introduced to some other characters.
May 25, 2019 2:08 PM

Mar 2017
Yessss! Finally some backstory for Takezo! Seems like he's had a tough time too... especially with that dick of a brother!

Am i the only one who really ships Hozuki & Chika? I think that have a great bond and they're actually really good for each other!
May 25, 2019 2:09 PM

Mar 2016
The art looks really different this episode. I wonder if the director changed. Or maybe it was always like this and I just didn't notice.

Chika looks more related to Takezou's brother than Takezou himself.

This episode reminded me of a manga named Shounen Note. It is kind of similar to this anime, but the characters are a lot more diverse, and the story is much more emotional. (I think I want to go and re-read that manga.)

It seems Takezou failed to get into the school he'd been aiming for. That is probably a sad feeling. Or maybe he feels ashamed that people who were worse than him managed to get in.

It's odd how I thought the screaming girl was funny. If this were a live action, or if the girl was real, I would have really hated her.
May 25, 2019 2:41 PM

Oct 2017
Damn... they got me once again. I feel like crying at least once in each episode is a must :D but still... what an gem this is <3
The Young Noble of the Field is currently watching - Diamond no Ace: Act II
Misugi-kun is also reading - Kanojo, Okarishimasu
May 25, 2019 3:23 PM

Nov 2016
Kazusa would make any yuri purist proud xD Kinda amusing, tho.

Chika x Satowa still win

and damn, Chika's aunt is fire

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 25, 2019 4:00 PM

May 2018
Ya know I'm beginning to think that Chika and Satowa would make a good couple.

Man, Lesbian girls from Himesaka High.
May 25, 2019 4:18 PM

Sep 2011
Kurusu went and apologized to the people she wronged, and even though this won't erase what she did or bring their relationships back, at least she knows this, and those people got to slap her. lol And her wish to start anew shouldn't be scorned at, we all, generally, deserve second chances, I will give her this much. I also appreciate how she is taking the koto more seriously thanks to Takezou.

And how cute and precious can Kudou and Houzuki get? I loved how he invited her to eat with him and Tetsuki, and possibly the other boys too, but saw the chance to help her to make friends with the girls and "shoved" her aside. He is really considerate and the best. And I'm really glad she realized his intentions too. But it hurts me how he still can't see himself as worth of the koto his grandfather left for him. I like how he treasures it, in part thanks to Houzuki, but I wish he could forgive himself. But I'm sure he will get there, he has great friends, I didn't learn their names, but the trio could see what he couldn't and he could laugh and smile with them. I don't know how to feel about his aunt though, making him sleep in a corner like that when she most certainly has a room to spare in a place like that. How can he truly feel at home there? At least, she did what her father asked of her and took him in, and she is seeing for herself just how precious he is.

I also loved his practice and talk with Houzuki in the classroom, with a lot of spectators, he didn't mind Houzuki's fake reason to join, and she even felt comfortable enough to share with him the true reason after having said in the club that she likes to be there. His smile was so precious here too, no wonder she blushed like that, I would fall hard too. lol Their interactions are so on point and cute that I can't. Welp, Houzuki "fell", but the 'elite' still knows and acknowledge her talent, that girl pretty much has a crush on her, and now they are going to the school Takezou couldn't get into. It seems he will finally take the stage, and his brother seems to be a terrible, prejudiced, and narrow-minded guy. It would be nice if this joint practice went fine, but he will most certainly run into people who will somehow make him feel bad. Can't wait to see how Kudou and the others are going to support him though. And at least their advisor seems to want to show them "reality" for the right reason now. I would also like to add that I love how Kudou loves ichigo milk.
May 25, 2019 5:53 PM

Dec 2016
Huh, even if Kurusu did the right thing by apologizing to everyone she lied, that doesn't make me starting to like her. What she did is already done and cannot be changed.

Those girls were very arrogant to the boys! They were terrible! Can't blame Kudou for wanting to fight ^^; He was very pissed by hearing those awful words.

What is this? :O Kudou can smile so brightly is gorgeous! And the bond between Chika and Hozuki is growing stronger since some episodes before. I feel it! <3 She can be a cutie when she gets embarrassed X3

I sense some negative energy coming from Takezo :( Seems like he have some bad memories from that school... I am wondering why his eyes became so cold when the Club Advisor mentioned it. Will find out more about it next week.

Very nice episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 25, 2019 7:24 PM

Jan 2015
Jeeze, man... It’s like this episode was on ADHD overload. Like, super spastic. The editing throughout its entirety felt like it was all over the place. So much so that I could barely follow it. I’d really much prefer it if this series dropped all of the cutaways and inserts, and just told a straight-laced, dramatic story.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
May 25, 2019 8:58 PM
Nov 2010
sXeblues said:
Jeeze, man... It’s like this episode was on ADHD overload. Like, super spastic. The editing throughout its entirety felt like it was all over the place. So much so that I could barely follow it. I’d really much prefer it if this series dropped all of the cutaways and inserts, and just told a straight-laced, dramatic story.

It's an anime adaption, it's never as good as the manga. There is some cut content, but nothing that's material. The main problem is that while it's hitting all the notes in the story, it doesn't have time to breathe. They are trying to get to a particular point in the story for a proper 'ending,' but to do that they have to cut some parts and rush through others.

It's like a good wine or spirit that you can either sip and savor, or just chug it to get through it. They seem to be mixing both styles.

This manga/anime is at it's best when it has time to breathe naturally. The anime adaptation sometimes feels claustrophic like they are smothering you with plot progression.
May 25, 2019 11:47 PM

Dec 2015
Of course. In comes the obligatory annoying lesbian character. Can we just...not.
May 26, 2019 1:08 AM

Jun 2016
Good episode I really really start to like Chika Kudo a lot my second favourite character behind Satowa. Kurusu is starting to more likeable as well. Wow those girls are so embarassing themself Fanning over Satowa like that.

Why those students weird out by Kudo and Satowa they are just talking with each other. Can anyone tell me why?

I ship Chika x Satowa hope it happens.

May 26, 2019 2:28 AM
Apr 2014
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
Wow those girls are so embarassing themself Fanning over Satowa like that.

Why those students weird out by Kudo and Satowa they are just talking with each other. Can anyone tell me why?

Himesaka is an all-girl school, those girls didn't have much interaction with boys so..

Plus Kazusa pretty much idolize Satowa and sees her as a role model

May 26, 2019 3:09 AM

Jun 2016
Viz said:
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
Wow those girls are so embarassing themself Fanning over Satowa like that.

Himesaka is an all-girl school, those girls didn't have much interaction with boys so..

Plus Kazusa pretty much idolize Satowa and sees her as a role model

Oh well I am reffering to when Satowa and Chika was talking in the classroom all other students weird out at them? Why?

May 26, 2019 3:47 AM
Apr 2014
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:

Oh well I am reffering to when Satowa and Chika was talking in the classroom all other students weird out at them? Why?

Oh that, I just assume that they found it odd that Chika and Satowa is close to each other. Or probably because Chika burst out laughing for no reason.
May 26, 2019 4:31 AM

Dec 2014
Satowa and chika ship.... they are so good together
May 26, 2019 6:06 AM
Jan 2018
Hylianticipated said:
Of course. In comes the obligatory annoying lesbian character. Can we just...not.

She's not lesbian, Just a obsessive fan of her.
May 26, 2019 6:19 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty good episode.

Really love Satowa and Chika interactions.

May 26, 2019 7:03 AM

Jun 2016
papsoshea said:
It continues to be all the more enjoyable for me and Chika and Satowa are a match made in heaven, I love their chemistry together and it results in the shows best individual moments, and moments in general. They clash, they fight but are perfectly in sync and bring out the best sides and their most vulnerable sides of their personalities. Hiro was given a bit more room to come out as an individual which is good. Those girls from that elite school of koto players are pretty stuck up, especially that Kazusa girl. And I think I can see where the club advisor is going with his critiques now. Although I enjoy this show a lot, a bit too many things are getting introduced and not allowing enough time for viewers (me) to digest - the narrative is starting to jump from point A to C.

P.S. - Chika's aunt is freaking hot!

I agree with most what you said. Guess I am not only one that think that Chika aunt is pretty looking.

May 26, 2019 3:12 PM
May 2017
This is my favorite anime of the season, so far. Fruits Basket remake is close behind. But the way this show makes my heart happy, ahh man the feels. <3 <3
May 26, 2019 5:09 PM

Nov 2011
Aside from the TERRIBLE animation (seriously wtf was with this episode???) This was a really good episode!

When Chika pushed Satowa into the other girls in the beginning so she could have lunch with them...freaking Bravo my dude BRAVO! That was a next level move.

Then we get introduced to Chika's Aunt, I thought she was going to be a Bitch at some point but she actually cares for Chika...also ya know she is a freaking SMOKE SHOW.

In regards to Chikas room I think it's his decision to have his room there. I feel like he didn't want to impede on his aunt so he is content with that area even though it is embarrassing. I wonder what she does for work though?

I wonder what Takezou's backstory is with that school he didn't get in too. I guess it's something along the lines of his classmates succeeding and him failing. There has to be some leeway into it because he had good enough grades to get into the school. Looks like none of his family approve of the Koto club =/

Most importantly in this episode though SATOWA STARTING TO LOVE THAT BOY CHIKA!!! LETS GO!!!!!

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 26, 2019 6:45 PM
Jan 2019
I think it's one of the funniest episodes of this anime 😁. I'm glad to see that the members of the Koto Club get along much better and have enlarged their ties in such a short time.
Music is power ... unites the hearts of people.

Fun moments:
1. Kurusu and his face with bandages. ("You sow what you harvest").
2. Chika's aunt (uff !, but what aunt 😏, reminds me of Peter's Aunt May in Spider-Man: Homecoming)
3. Chika's room. LOL 😂.
4. When the girls from the other school arrived incognito to the club and saw the boys.

Reflective and emotional moments:
1. "The sound touches the soul of the people and the musical pieces are the soul of the people who created them". I like the phrases of the grandfather.
2. "I like being here." I'm glad to see Houzuki more open to his feelings 😁. By the way ... will it be that he fell in love with Chika ?. What a thrill! xD.
3. "It is important to see the reality if they really want to aim high". Well, it's true.

The next episode will be interesting ... we'll see a little more about Kurata's past.
May 26, 2019 10:37 PM
Apr 2015
7godeohs said:
sXeblues said:

It's an anime adaption, it's never as good as the manga. There is some cut content, but nothing that's material. The main problem is that while it's hitting all the notes in the story, it doesn't have time to breathe. They are trying to get to a particular point in the story for a proper 'ending,' but to do that they have to cut some parts and rush through others.

It's like a good wine or spirit that you can either sip and savor, or just chug it to get through it. They seem to be mixing both styles.

This manga/anime is at it's best when it has time to breathe naturally. The anime adaptation sometimes feels claustrophic like they are smothering you with plot progression.

Readers manga are Strange
adaption is good bro
They don't never cut important point
Right there some mistakes
But overal is decent and improve with each episode
There moments in anime better than manga
You should watch Piano no mori to know what is bad adaption
May 27, 2019 12:56 AM
Feb 2019
Hmm, Isaki would be a good match... maybe.

Well, it seems that Hiro's conflict has been done, at least partially, now the things in the club are centered toward the competition. Loved the part about Chika learning what "affronts a piece" truly means, it's good to remember how important his grandpa is for him, and how he still isn't able to forgive himself but each time he's closer to; Kazusa is funny, but arrogant, I still hasn't a clear opinion about her, she'll very probably follow the path of Hiro, a hostile newcomer who progressively becomes their allied; last but not least, taka taka taka taka taka... I love the Chika-Satowa ship, how Satowa's embarrased face makes her more cute, how Chika demonstrates that he's much more than what the others think of him, and how in a certain way they're both tsunderes, or have some hues from it, their moments are pure gold.
mafd12May 29, 2019 12:28 PM
May 27, 2019 6:38 AM
Apr 2018
Yes, finally we're getting closer to the competition!
After 8 episodes, i can say that the anime only cut some details of certain scene of the manga.
I think it's important to cut off some parts because if the anime follow the manga pace then this season may end up at not-so-amusing point.
May 27, 2019 9:33 AM
Apr 2015
Weebsteria said:
After 8 episodes, i can say that the anime only cut some details of certain scene of the manga.
I think it's important to cut off some parts because if the anime follow the manga pace then this season may end up at not-so-amusing point.

I agree
Adaption is so good
I don't know why some readers manga
Hate anime
May 27, 2019 10:14 AM
May 2019
Weebsteria said:
I'm curious. As someone who's familiar with the manga at which point/chapter do you think season 1 will end?
May 27, 2019 10:42 AM
May 2019
We've got two new characters in ep 8 - Isaki and Kazusa. Without giving away too much, all I'll say is that all the Chika-Satowa shippers will be feeling very grateful and thankful to them in the future. Give them time.
May 27, 2019 10:57 AM

Jan 2018
dangggg... the romance between the two is setting the anime forward even beyond what I imagined what the anime will be
May 28, 2019 5:15 AM
Apr 2018
Animefairy11 said:
Weebsteria said:
I'm curious. As someone who's familiar with the manga at which point/chapter do you think season 1 will end?

I think the first season will end at chapter 28, right after the first tournament. Then we can hope that the 2nd season will end around chapter 53+ , right after the decisive tournament.
May 28, 2019 6:02 AM
May 2019
Weebsteria said:
Animefairy11 said:

I think the first season will end at chapter 28, right after the first tournament. Then we can hope that the 2nd season will end around chapter 53+ , right after the decisive tournament.
I also think so.Thanks.
May 28, 2019 10:22 AM
Mar 2015
Glad that girl got slapped by everyone she lied to now she can move forward. Loved Chika's little corner of the world The byplay between Chikaa and Satome shows there is something deeper there
May 28, 2019 3:58 PM

Oct 2008
Seems like Satowa is getting more blushes whenever she's with Chika...so are they now a potential ship?
oh by the way that obnoxus girl...perfect VA for Ayaneru is a bit annoying and already wants to recruit Satowa, and looks like their school perfecture is doing good on Koto performances and looks like more hurdles for our protags...
4/5.

oh i forgot to mention Isaki is HOT!

May 29, 2019 10:23 AM
Feb 2012
how come megane doesn't get romance? because he's plain or what?
May 29, 2019 11:58 AM
Sep 2017
ahneeme said:
how come megane doesn't get romance? because he's plain or what?

just be patient and wait
May 29, 2019 9:33 PM

Oct 2012
I'm finally starting to really like it.
And Kurusu x Takezou is the ship of my life already. Shipped them in the last episode, and those episode interactions just made me ship them more. Also Chika and Hozuki, obviously. Love and koto~~~
Jun 2, 2019 12:22 AM

Jul 2016
Eh... what's up with that comment from Kurata's brother? I personally never thought that playing Koto would be a "girls thing" so his comment looked pretty out of place.

Anyways, it was a pretty decent episode overall. I'm particularly interested in knowing how they will handle Kurata's development from now on since it seems he will be the focus for the next episodes.
Jun 6, 2019 1:49 AM

Oct 2013
Chika x Satowa is the reason why I love this series.
Jun 6, 2019 12:27 PM

Mar 2017
Chika and Satowa's chemistry is the best thing alright.
More characters introduced.

Kurata's character will have some development soon I think.
Jun 12, 2019 2:32 PM
Jul 2018
I just wished they didn't tend to cut off some parts too much.
Chika is actually Satowa's guardian angel in troublesome situations.

Jun 19, 2019 12:34 PM

Apr 2012
People see yuri in any cute female interactions, but almost pass by so fat yuri hints in shoujo manga style? I do not understand.

F2k65 said:
Hylianticipated said:

She's not lesbian, Just a obsessive fan of her.

Well, to be honest, I can understand him. If she really is not a lesbian, then this is practically an archetypical akogare image in Class S style. It is unlikely that many Western fans could understand this context.

FMmatron said:
Kazusa would make any yuri purist proud xD Kinda amusing, tho.

Chika x Satowa still win

and damn, Chika's aunt is fire

Yuri purist is here. Well, a rare character impresses me so much with their real or seeming gayness that I immediately run to read comments on MAL, lol.
Jul 5, 2019 10:01 AM
Apr 2016
Well, what a place Chika is staying. Seems like the gang got challenged, relentless practice is coming it seems.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2019

126 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 9, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2019

59 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 9, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2019

47 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 9, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2019

57 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 9, 11:57 AM

Poll: » Kono Oto Tomare! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2019

54 by Alex_TheForest »»
Mar 3, 2:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.