Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2019 7:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, the panties jokes...

Kinda felt this episode had more humor than some of the others. Also, Mio is back around again. She's been acting more like the type of tsundere this time around. I'm actually she's back though. Oh and the time travel mechanic is still a revolving theme in the show. The talk about the universe is kinda interesting.
Stark700May 14, 2019 8:31 AM
May 14, 2019 8:43 AM

May 2017
Alright guys, THE MYSTERY SHIP HAS LEFT THE PORT! Absolutely loved the atmosphere this episode. Represented the mysterious summer evening vibe from the visual novel to a T! Even kinda felt like Higurashi in a way.

I spent a ton of time theorizing on this stuff as I was reading the visual novel, so I'd be interested in hearing your opinions.

What do you think of the tapestry? Does anything stick out to you? What do you think it means? What's so different about Ryuuzouji? What the fuck is Niarb!

Give me your theories!
May 14, 2019 9:00 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode.

Looks like that teacher is still after the artifact Takuya has. The tapestry looked interesting though.

May 14, 2019 9:24 AM

Feb 2019
A very exposition heavy episode. Obviously this is meant to set up the plot for episodes to come.

The tapestry is obviously very important. Mitsuki's migraines are important (possibly being hypnotized by Ryuzoji, possibly jumping worlds?) Ryuzoji's mom says he is different (perhaps from another world line?). Ryuzoji has some sort of hypnotic power.

I've been seeing the female professor with long hair and glasses in the opening, and assumed she was Takuya's mother. I certainly was not expecting a fair skinned, blond haired woman to be his mother. She certainly looks like Yu-No from the back, but if she were Yu-No, I think Ryuzoji would have described her pointed ears before her blond hair and fair skin.

maybe she is from the same race as Yu-No. Perhaps that race is what created the time-travel/dimensional travel devices. Maybe they are like Atlanteans or something, and that tapestry showed them destroying their own society with the time-travel/dimension travel technology.
HOOfan_1May 14, 2019 9:27 AM
May 14, 2019 9:27 AM

Oct 2012
Nice infodump and Niarb introduction. Kinda felt this episode was over before it really started.

One minor difference compared to the game though: he seemed to remember the past timeline in the anime - while in the game he only remembered it as a dream, ie. some hazy memories at best. Or I may be wrong and he just forgot most of it after his headache and good night sleep. There was one retrospective with Asakura but they might just pretend it happened and skip through the same parts to the meat of the story.

Either way, all the connections starts slowly showing its shapes and the mystery is strong this time.
May 14, 2019 9:30 AM

Aug 2013
As I said before it even started airing, they should've started from this route, because it's perfect introduction to the world of this story and characters. It's also better introduction to already done Ayumi route.
Anyway, that was really well made and I felt the atmosphere from VN. Nice color pallette play.
Btw, original voice of Ryuuzouji's mother was way better
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 14, 2019 9:43 AM

Oct 2017
Food for thought everywhere in this episode... Might have to rewatch once or twice before the next one.
May 14, 2019 9:56 AM

Oct 2014
I'm interested to see where this arc will go. As far as set up episodes go this wasn't the worst, it could have been much better though. I just want Arima to react, emote more. His VN protagonist roots are showing in how blank slate his personality is. It's a real shame because this show could be an entertaining mystery if he was a more engaging perspective to see the cryptic story from.
May 14, 2019 10:01 AM

May 2017
Looks like they're starting my favorite route of the game.

I'm really enjoying the added chemistry of Kanna with the rest of her classmates and not just Takuya.

In regards to Takuya remembering the previous route, I always assumed he did remember the previous ones due to a few parts in the game, and that it woulda just been too hard to code in extra "if statements" to decide what order the player is doing the routes in, thus making it seem like he forgot. Since the routes are all one continuous story just done in whatever order the player wants.

But even if that wasn't the intent of the original game creators, it still works good in this adaptation, as it doesn't disjoint the flow of the story, again due to the routes being all one big canon story as opposed to other games where the routes are generally all separate stories from each other.
Signature:
I prefer comedies, horror, hentai, and combinations of such. Anime with a lack of fan service is a disservice.
May 14, 2019 12:21 PM

May 2018
So where back to the part where Takuya has some business with Ryuzoji, so when the assistant and the old guy's mom said that he's different, would that mean that Ryuzoji is from the different world ???
May 14, 2019 12:49 PM
Jan 2019
This anime has a story that encompasses a great mystery. I love that. My curiosity with this episode reached its highest level.
1. "Restart? Ah, Ok" ... that's what I thought of Takuya, the man does not flinch from starting all over again xD. It's true, there are many different events as Takuya's father said, but what does immortality have to do with all this? I look forward to the answer.
2. Professor Ryuzoji. I have two hypotheses about his strange behavior: First, he comes from another world. Second, it has been possessed by an entity from another world.
From what Kana said and Professor Ryuzoji's mother, it's very likely. Besides, the old man has some strange power.
3. Who was the second victim of the curse? By the way, the elf girl who kissed Takuya in the first episode, so far, there is no hint of her. It's very strange.
4.The tapestry of more than 400 years is a marvel. I was amazed. I'm curious to know what message it hides. And about the 400 years I am somewhat intrigued and confused.
5. "So, before the Big Bang, what existed around that little nucleus?" My head is about to explode with just that question šŸ˜….
6. At last they spoke about Takuya's mother, "Keitia".

What decision will Takuya make now? I look forward to the next episode.

"Swallows and sparrows do not know the thoughts of geese and swans" .... I'll think about it xD.
May 14, 2019 2:01 PM
Feb 2009
I wonder who Kanna really is
May 14, 2019 2:56 PM

Oct 2017
So, those mysterious rocks were part of that entrance thingy on the tapestry?!

Stargate, lol.
May 14, 2019 8:30 PM

Mar 2016
So, Ryuzoji is interested in the phenomena from an anthropological perspective? Certainly very interesting.
May 14, 2019 9:20 PM

Oct 2012
Professor Ryuzoji is an altogether different type of bird .
May 14, 2019 9:44 PM

Jan 2011
decent episode glad they didn't take the route of reusing almost every scene and instead went down a new path of events

whole episode was waiting for Ryuzoji "so hows the time traveling going kid" didn't whole back in revealing himself this time around.

also MC is still trash
May 14, 2019 11:15 PM

May 2015
meh episode with a lot of talking.
May 15, 2019 12:59 AM

Oct 2015
looks like sensei is the PI that was hired
May 15, 2019 2:58 AM
Jun 2017
Does that painting tell something? And that prof sure is still over that time machine thinh. Lets see what will happen on this one and the mystery on that place.
May 15, 2019 5:52 AM
Apr 2014
I wonder what's the significance of Ryuzoji's mother looking to that old well. Both of them looks scary
May 15, 2019 9:12 AM

Oct 2008
This show is getting more interesting!
for sure Ryuzoji-sensei is gonna be a more bigger of a problem cuz he already know of the device Takuha has!
get mind blown of the theories! lolz
5/5.

May 15, 2019 5:32 PM

Aug 2018
So, we arrived in the supernatural / mysterious themes. I did not expect Ryuzoji to have some kind of power, that was interesting.

I'm really glad this anime will feature 26 episodes, that should not make things being rushed (hopefully) 'cause right, this is getting more intriguing episode after episode.
May 15, 2019 7:56 PM

Dec 2015
So Ryuuzouji have Niarb ability...

By the way, Niarb is anagram of Brain....

Blade-Fang-KaoriMay 15, 2019 8:00 PM
May 17, 2019 5:56 AM
Jan 2018
Anyone else got reminded of this?
May 23, 2019 11:55 PM

Mar 2009
WTF is Ryuzoji-sensei!?
Jun 5, 2019 7:23 PM

Dec 2016
I just really don't care enough about the characters to watch any type of time travel antics lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 14, 2019 8:08 AM

Feb 2018
They talk about the universe and lead to immortality.
Nov 11, 2019 12:56 PM

Jul 2015
So Ryuzoji sensei has some kind of hidden power

Also that mountain like thing on the tapestry looks a lot like that island

Nov 12, 2019 10:42 AM

Sep 2012
Reapermask said:
So Ryuzoji sensei has some kind of hidden power

Also that mountain like thing on the tapestry looks a lot like that island

i think he is either posessed or using artifact like demion dark in arrow was
Aug 18, 2021 12:14 PM

Aug 2017
The old man is after the artifact Takuya has and they explained some things. I'm starting to care about this anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 21, 2021 5:39 PM
Jul 2021
Can SOMEONE please explain to me why he'd give his fathers documents to the guy who PULLED a Gun on him? Why would you help, talk to, or associate with him in any way shape or form?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2019

83 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:59 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

88 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2019

246 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2019

137 by RepeaterSiroop »»
Feb 16, 12:25 PM

» About Hatano Kanna (Spoilers)

ginchan789 - Apr 10, 2019

42 by RyuuanLinke »»
Feb 7, 11:09 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.