Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Mix Episode 6 Discussion

May 11, 4:42 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
welp, that stuff with nishimura was settled pretty quickly

we're in high school era now

sou got a new crush
and we got a new manager
reeeeeeeee
fcking homura and shinobu banner 1 month apart

May 11, 6:33 AM
A very pleasant episode.

May 11, 8:46 AM

Surprised by how fast things got dealt with unlike Touch which took its time. I really do hope we get a complete adaptation of this one. I just hope no more dodging bullets occur this time around since Adachi dodged a lot of developments in favor of character growth in Touch

May 11, 11:14 AM
I love Haruka's first appearance in the anime. She has become one of my favorite characters when I was reading the manga.

May 11, 12:10 PM
That narrator should f*ck off and die.

May 11, 12:38 PM

Having the narrator give Nikaidou's circumstances as a voice-over, rather than allowing them to discover the circumstances through action, totally undercut the drama and feels in this episode. This was a high point in the early chapters of the manga for me, so I feel like this arc ended in a bit of fail.

Even though Nikaidou is a really minor character from now on, his story really opened up one of the themes underlying Mix--the relationship of fathers and sons, and how parents try to relive their glory days through their children's sports. And Nikaidou's father's moment of silent tears deserved more of a build up than it got.
Modified by rodac, May 11, 12:58 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 11, 4:30 PM

That was a great episode! Some interesting plot points both occurred and were set up in this episode.

May 11, 4:38 PM

papachulu said:
rodac said:
Having the narrator give Nikaidou's circumstances as a voice-over, rather than allowing them to discover the circumstances through action, totally undercut the drama and feels in this episode. This was a high point in the early chapters of the manga for me, so I feel like this arc ended in a bit of fail.

Even though Nikaidou is a really minor character from now on, his story really opened up one of the themes underlying Mix--the relationship of fathers and sons, and how parents try to relive their glory days through their children's sports. And Nikaidou's father's moment of silent tears deserved more of a build up than it got.

I'm no manga-reader but I checked out the chapters adapted in this episode anyway to see if they changed anything, only to find it out to be the exact same in the manga.

Nikaidou's circumstances was told as a narration and even his father's moment of silence tears actually being just 2 panels in the manga lol. I would understand the complaint more if you criticized the anime on its own instead of making it seems like the adaptation was the one at fault for changing stuff.
Modified by EasyGo-er, May 11, 4:42 PM

May 11, 5:55 PM

EasyGo-er said:
papachulu said:
rodac said:

I'm no manga-reader but I checked out the chapters adapted in this episode anyway to see if they changed anything, only to find it out to be the exact same in the manga.

Nikaidou's circumstances was told as a narration and even his father's moment of silence tears actually being just 2 panels in the manga lol. I would understand the complaint more if you criticized the anime on its own instead of making it seems like the adaptation was the one at fault for changing stuff.

people always complain about everything as if its the adaptation fault
its an ez thing to do
/shrug

reeeeeeeee
fcking homura and shinobu banner 1 month apart

May 11, 9:35 PM

Never expected fanservice in this show.

May 11, 10:01 PM

EasyGo-er said:

I must have misremembered, it's been a few years since I looked at the manga and obviously even if it was done in narration there, it had a pretty big impact on me at the time. It might have been nice to see it animated, but I'm not going to fault the adaptation for choosing to go with the source.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 12, 4:30 AM

Well... Otomi gave quite the fanservice this episode, not complaining tho.
I can't help but compare what Goro from Major an anime about baseball as well, would do in this situation, into which Im 99% sure he'd kick the coach, the self proclaimed ace pitcher that's holding the team down and the delusional fathers asses, no matter what the circumstances may be.
I checked the manga out and yes, its almost a copy paste adaptation with the narrator, not that I mind but it does undermine the drama a bit, can't tell if the show is trying to be dramatic or funny, maybe both at the same time which feels off.
Anyways hope we finally get into the spice of things, all I want is an MC pitcher with a legit fast pitch like Goro.

May 12, 5:05 AM

A few weeks ago, I made the OP and disliked Nikaidou and his father. Now I feel like shit lol man Nikaidou having that condition and trying to live his father's dream - standing on the mound as the Ace - that was so sad. Even when his father handed the Ace number to Touma, and he teared up when Tou said he's glad Nikaodou's operation went well, was a very nice moment.

But, all in all, I am happy that Tou can pitch as he is the deserving Ace pitcher.

May 12, 7:56 PM
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴

Seriously, the anime could be at least an 8 if it wasnt for the narrator ruining some scenes.

May 13, 11:25 AM

I was disappointed by this episode. It felt like they rebooted the premise of the show which kinda makes the previous 5 episodes seem superfluous. I thought the influence Nikaidou's father had over the team was a compelling dynamic for our leads to overcome, but now everything is resolved and the #1 pitcher spot has already been secured. I'm left asking what was the point of all that setup?

Perhaps this was another example of Adachi playing with his own tropes that went over my head like with the whole "are they twins?" thing...

I'm still looking forward to where the show goes from here, but I can't help but feel a bit cheated by how quickly we got to where we are.

May 14, 11:07 PM

flylikegoldblum said:
I was disappointed by this episode. It felt like they rebooted the premise of the show which kinda makes the previous 5 episodes seem superfluous. I thought the influence Nikaidou's father had over the team was a compelling dynamic for our leads to overcome, but now everything is resolved and the #1 pitcher spot has already been secured. I'm left asking what was the point of all that setup?

Perhaps this was another example of Adachi playing with his own tropes that went over my head like with the whole "are they twins?" thing...

I'm still looking forward to where the show goes from here, but I can't help but feel a bit cheated by how quickly we got to where we are.
Even Touch dodged a really big bullet just when things were flowing well.

May 15, 1:55 AM
I agree with everyone, It feels like the resolution to the problem was done so quickly which ruin the setup of the last 5 episodes, I didn't feel the sadness and sympathy for the Nikadou Father and Son that much..

I felt like it the development of the story in the first episodes was rather slow but i enjoyed it and this quick development ruined it.

May 15, 10:04 PM
DatRandomDude said:
Seriously, the anime could be at least an 8 if it wasnt for the narrator ruining some scenes.

I really like the narrator, she is funny to me.