Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 1, 2019 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, Filo is pissed this episode even when she's fighting in her normal form. What a mismatch although breaking Fitoria's barrier shield seemed like an impressive feat. Also, this episode and show continously show how loyal Filo is to Naofumi.

Fitoria is proving herself to be an important ally to have. Seems she also knows more about the heroes than she is letting on and even saw a short glimpse of her past.

Stark700May 1, 2019 7:41 AM
May 1, 2019 8:04 AM

Mar 2019
I became surprised for Fitoria give to Naofimi one of her hair and let he learn "Filolial Series"
Have no idea when he'll be able to use but i guess will be nice improvement for him on future.
bkptoolsMay 1, 2019 8:10 AM
May 1, 2019 8:16 AM

Nov 2016
Now it's official, we got another harem member hehehe.

Episode was ok, but the "trial" was a joke and did I miss anything or was there a sign that said power-ups for free? :D

And the obligatory cliffhanger after the ending. Not gonna lie, tho, still very interested in the events.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 1, 2019 8:18 AM

Nov 2014
I have to admit, I'm interested in how will this play out. I'd prefer if it didn't end with a cliffhanger though.
May 1, 2019 8:21 AM

Aug 2013
Filo fought bravely against Fitoria in her normal form.

That cliffhanger.

May 1, 2019 8:27 AM
Mar 2019
pity fitoria he looks so suffering for a very long time because he was abandoned, will the firo suffer the same fate if naofumi returns to his native world, by the way I wonder if the hero who left the fitoria himself died or returned to his world, it was very sad he even cried
May 1, 2019 8:31 AM

Sep 2015
When the headpat is so good, it makes a cranky, century old, giant bird lady cry tears of joy.
May 1, 2019 8:32 AM

Nov 2016
I didn't have to watch after ending it gives me cliffhanger for another episode :/ And I need another week to wait to see what happends next :(
May 1, 2019 8:41 AM
Mar 2008
Lukesterry said:
pity fitoria he looks so suffering for a very long time because he was abandoned, will the firo suffer the same fate if naofumi returns to his native world, by the way I wonder if the hero who left the fitoria himself died or returned to his world, it was very sad he even cried

I always felt like the reaction she has towards the fact she wanted the heroes to fight together so strongly having something to do with the past heroes. Where the shield hero and the others did not fight together and as a result they all died because they were too individually weak. So she assume the same will happen again if they do not fight together.

Ofc it can something totally different. But that is what it felt like to me.
May 1, 2019 8:43 AM

Aug 2018
This birds brawl was good to watch, I hope to see Fitoria fighting another time, she seemed so powerful... that was without counting Naofumi's power to tame loli birds.

I wish we get to learn more about former heroes !

Also it looked like Ren & Itsuki ended up in a trap...
May 1, 2019 8:43 AM
Mar 2018
That cliffhanger though at the end... Ren and Itsuki got freakin nuked.
May 1, 2019 8:48 AM

Aug 2012
FMmatron said:

Episode was ok, but the "trial" was a joke and did I miss anything or was there a sign that said power-ups for free? :D

And the obligatory cliffhanger after the ending. Not gonna lie, tho, still very interested in the events.
No harem member. Just a sad birdie.
Also no cliff hanger. Just set up for one of the big baddies of Melromarc battle. Probably a two eps fight.
May 1, 2019 8:52 AM

Mar 2016
Someone didn't get the memo about not killing the heroes
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 1, 2019 8:53 AM

Nov 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
FMmatron said:

Also no cliff hanger. Just set up for one of the big baddies of Melromarc battle. Probably a two eps fight.

You can tell that she won't stick around, but that blushing and feeling comfortable with our Shieldi, I guess I don't need to say more.

And I'd recommend you to look up the defintion of cliffhanger.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 1, 2019 8:54 AM
Dec 2018
I really enjoyed this episode a lot from the kfc duel to the fitoria flashbacks, i dont think it was anything missing from this episode . But damm that after credit scene and next episode title, i cant wait other week
May 1, 2019 9:05 AM

Feb 2016
Good episode, at first I had my doubts about this Fitoria, but after what she said this episode it become more clear that something terrible is about to transpire.

That post credits scenes tho.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 1, 2019 9:08 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Apparently someone invented orbital laser cannons
May 1, 2019 9:16 AM

May 2018
Filo vs Fito
Fight-o!
May 1, 2019 9:27 AM
Nov 2018
Genuinely the first ep i really enjoyed since a fat while. The only critism is the fighting yet again looked ass, but my hopes arent high for this shows fighting.
I enjoyed the character interactions fitoria, filo
tho yet again with another cliff hanger. Could have some major consequences the two other heros got nuked. The thing looked a tomb, could be theres
May 1, 2019 9:28 AM
Nov 2018
FMmatron said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

You can tell that she won't stick around, but that blushing and feeling comfortable with our Shieldi, I guess I don't need to say more.

The dude probably didnt the post credit scene after the ed thats why
May 1, 2019 9:31 AM

Nov 2016
Hime03 said:
FMmatron said:

The dude probably didnt the post credit scene after the ed thats why

But I even said after the ending :D

May 1, 2019 9:41 AM

May 2015
I've been consistently criticizing the last few episodes of this show but for the first time in well over a month I'm actually looking forward to the next episode. The Shield Hero hasn't really been challenged in battle or to grow as a person in awhile, and this opportunity to reconcile with the other heroes once and for all and clear his name is definitely a promising development. Maybe the Shield Hero will stop being such an edgelord surrounded by a harem of children now, but maybe I'm getting my hopes up lol.
Dare2ZlatanMay 1, 2019 9:46 AM
The mountains of Hakone are?
May 1, 2019 9:59 AM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
So Fitoria was just tricking and using them, but everyone is suddenly fine with that? Uhh, ok, I guess? x)
Also Naofumi telling that he didn’t in fact try to clean his name while we all saw him trying to do so. Damn, Naofumi has filolial type of memory.
May 1, 2019 10:03 AM
Mar 2015
We might need some replacement heroes Nice lap pillow and head pat God save the Queen
May 1, 2019 10:05 AM
Mar 2019
SHIT GETS REAL NEXT EPISODE BOYS

TIGHTEN YOUR SEATBELTS
May 1, 2019 10:13 AM

Dec 2015
How is he supposed to prove he didn't do anything? The circumstances under which one can prove a negative are limited per se and he has several things to prove (I can see an ex machina or some poor plot device coming soon). Also, summoning new heroes won't solve anything because it is not an intrinsic problem of the current heroes but a matter of third parties. Seriously, I loathe all this trash talk.
May 1, 2019 10:20 AM

Aug 2012
FMmatron said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

She blushed because Naofumi reminded her of the hero that raised her. Now what was between her and that hero is anyone's guess. That does not mean she has a thing for Naofumi.
About cliffhanger, how is it a cliffhanger? Just because of the little accident with the other heroes? Considering we are only at the beginning of the story you can safely assume all the heroes survived. So not a cliffhanger in my opinion.
May 1, 2019 10:23 AM

May 2016
That ending was the only thing I hoped for and it happened I really do love Fitoria.

May 1, 2019 10:24 AM
Jan 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
FMmatron said:

She blushed because Naofumi reminded her of the hero that raised her. Now what was between her and that hero is anyone's guess. That does not mean she has a thing for Naofumi.
About cliffhanger, how is it a cliffhanger? Just because of the little accident with the other heroes? Considering we are only at the beginning of the story you can safely assume all the heroes survived. So not a cliffhanger in my opinion.

When did blushing = instantly likes the person
May 1, 2019 10:25 AM
Apr 2016
Hime03 said:
Genuinely the first ep i really enjoyed since a fat while. The only critism is the fighting yet again looked ass, but my hopes arent high for this shows fighting.
I enjoyed the character interactions fitoria, filo
tho yet again with another cliff hanger. Could have some major consequences the two other heros got nuked. The thing looked a tomb, could be theres

Actually the second time I felt satisfied with this series, the first one was after the duel in the royal court. They finally introduce an interesting character that... is actually not just fooling around but has a reason to exist. Stoic and gentle... bird girl. But I like the stoic part the most.
Mattinator95 said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

When did blushing = instantly likes the person

We can't tell the user was joking, but I'd say many viewers are extremely shallow when it comes to feelings and motivation (read: simpletons), and they denigrate the most complex of them into something rough and mundane. Whether it comes out of lack of any other experience outside "mundane" (read: petty life reveling in common materialism), or not, be it as it may... their existence breaks my heart.
Daniel_NaumovMay 1, 2019 10:31 AM
Re:formed
May 1, 2019 10:35 AM

Mar 2017
OMFG that post credit scene! You just know that Myne did that shit. I hope Itsuki and Ren aren't dead! I'm starting to like them and it would make things 100x harder for Naofumi if they died
May 1, 2019 10:37 AM
Nov 2018
kater_tot said:
OMFG that post credit scene! You just know that Myne did that shit. I hope Itsuki and Ren aren't dead! I'm starting to like them and it would make things 100x harder for Naofumi if they died

Wouldnt just be better to nuke naofumi himself if its myne
May 1, 2019 10:40 AM

Mar 2017
Hime03 said:
kater_tot said:

What? I don't understand what you mean?
May 1, 2019 10:41 AM

Dec 2016
So after the birb queen delivers the "kill all heroes" ultimatum, they just sit down for a pleasant breakfast - only for the birb to take Melty hostage out of nowhere. Cause that's happening now, I guess.

Who thought that this was a good way to start this scene? How bad is this author at creating natural, logical pacing? With so many of the scenes in this show, it's like they have no idea how to get the narrative from one plot point to another in a natural way, so they don't even try.

Whatever. It's clear that the whole point of this part of the story is the manufacture some kind of character arc for Naofumi. He will learn to stop being an angsty asshole, and to trust other people again, all while putting his differences with the other heroes behind him so that they can band together and stop the waves once and for all!! In other words, the weakest, most tacked-on narrative device possible to extract some kind of meaning out of a main character who up to this point has had minimal development or depth.

None of this makes any sense, given the premise for this conflict is built on a the contrived setup from the first episode. Naofumi is only a hate-filled, grimacing emo because everyone was a dick to him for no reason, but suddenly it's his arc to overcome a problem created by shitty writing in the first place.

And boy, when it comes to the writing in this show, it feels like everything this author comes up with is an imperfect copy of something that they have seen executed better somewhere else. This reconciliation/redemption beat is a perfect example. You can find any number of stories that involve an arc where estranged characters mend some kind of misunderstanding and make peace, and that is the main arc for those characters. But in shield hero, it is awkwardly shoe-horned in with no setup or justification.

Now, since having a cobbled-together character arc for the MC isn't enough, there also needs to be some kind of conflict related to the premise of the main story - not least because the overarching plot has been going basically nowhere for most of the show. So we get this cliche "fight for the world, or fight for the people" dilemma. There's no explanation of what the fuck this is supposed to mean, but that doesn't matter; as long as a narrative beat forcing the main characters to make some kind of edgy, difficult ethical choice is fulfilled. Because otherwise there would be no tension or interest in the main story whatsoever.

Of course, no episode would be complete without validating the superiority of the MC over all lesser lifeforms - as well as establishing that all loli animal waifus are lusting after his edgy hero D. We need the loli queen to tell us that the MC is superior to all the other heroes and just all around a great guy. Then she invites him to fuck, all said while looking directly into the camera.

This is anime in 2019.
SSL443May 1, 2019 10:45 AM
May 1, 2019 10:44 AM

Apr 2017
Damn, Naofumi is really good at swooning lolis.
cunnysseur
May 1, 2019 10:45 AM
Nov 2018
kater_tot said:
Hime03 said:

I mean killing them would make stuff harder for naofumi, sure. But surely u might as well naomfumi if you are myne, instead of sword and bow.
May 1, 2019 10:48 AM

May 2018
Till now this anime was entertaining to me with its absurdities and stupidity but this episode went way beyond what I consider fun and "so bad it's good" title.
Drop.
May 1, 2019 10:49 AM

Dec 2014
ok te filo queen is so awesome...I am sure she was raised by the shield hero
May 1, 2019 10:53 AM
Nov 2018
SSL443 said:
So after the birb queen delivers the "kill all heroes" ultimatum, they just sit down for a pleasant breakfast - only for the birb to take Melty hostage out of nowhere. Cause that's happening now, I guess.

Who thought that this was a good way to start this scene? How bad is this author at creating natural, logical pacing? With so many of the scenes in this show, it's like they have no idea how to get the narrative from one plot point to another in a natural way, so they don't even try.

Whatever. It's clear that the whole point of this part of the story is the manufacture some kind of character arc for Naofumi. He will learn to stop being an angsty asshole, and to trust other people again, all while putting his differences with the other heroes behind him so that they can band together and stop the waves once and for all!! In other words, the weakest, most tacked-on narrative device possible to extract some kind of meaning out of a main character who up to this point has had minimal development or depth.

None of this makes any sense, given the premise for this conflict is built on a the contrived setup from the first episode. Naofumi is only a hate-filled, grimacing emo because everyone was a dick to him for no reason, but suddenly it's his arc to overcome a problem created by shitty writing in the first place.

And boy, when it comes to the writing in this show, it feels like everything this author comes up with is an imperfect copy of something that they have seen executed better somewhere else. This reconciliation/redemption beat is a perfect example. You can find any number of stories that involve an arc where estranged characters mend some kind of misunderstanding and make peace, and that is the main arc for those characters. But in shield hero, it is awkwardly shoe-horned in with no setup or justification.

Now, since having a cobbled-together character arc for the MC isn't enough, there also needs to be some kind of conflict related to the premise of the main story - not least because the overarching plot has been going basically nowhere for most of the show. So we get this cliche "fight for the world, or fight for the people" dilemma. There's no explanation of what the fuck this is supposed to mean, but that doesn't matter; as long as a narrative beat forcing the main characters to make some kind of edgy, difficult ethical choice is fulfilled. Because otherwise there would be no tension or interest in the main story whatsoever.

Of course, no episode would be complete without validating the superiority of the MC over all lesser lifeforms - as well as establishing that all loli animal waifus are lusting after his edgy hero D. We need the loli queen to tell us that the MC is superior to all the other heroes and just all around a great guy. Then she invites him to fuck, all said while looking directly into the camera.

This is anime in 2019.

I did agree with you mainly for all ur paragraphs until the last one. But if thats how ur interpted that scene ur referring to,i mean good for you. It made blatantly clear thats hes superior at fighting. And loli queen there relationship does make sense, i personally saw it more platonic relationship.
Also the writing on the show each episode individually is pretty dire, but the over arching story is written pretty smart
May 1, 2019 11:00 AM

Dec 2016
Hime03 said:
I did agree with you mainly for all ur paragraphs until the last one. But if thats how ur interpted that scene ur referring to,i mean good for you. It made blatantly clear thats hes superior at fighting. And loli queen there relationship does make sense, i personally saw it more platonic relationship.
Also the writing on the show each episode individually is pretty dire, but the over arching story is written pretty smart

I was being facetious. My point there is that Naofumi is *supposed* to be the underdog, non-OP, isekai-trope-subverting MC. But in basically every episode we are beaten over the head with the fact that he is the best and everyone loves him, despite the fact that he is a shitty otaku with next to no character or personality.

In other words, a typical isekai protagonist.
May 1, 2019 11:01 AM
Jan 2016
SSL443 said:

This is anime in 2019.

In gaming community after there were so many flops due to EA Bethesda they started meme-ing ">Imagine enjoying games"

Let me apply that here differently
">imagine trying to enjoy anime at 15+ age"

Take that as however you might still this ranting is legendary and prob something I will try to find.

So how can anyone not be chummy with you ?
May 1, 2019 11:04 AM

Dec 2016
Destined_One said:
Let me apply that here differently ">imagine trying to enjoy anime at 15+ age"

I mean I enjoy plenty of other anime not strictly aimed at adult audiences so I'm not sure what age has to do with it. Bad writing is bad writing.
May 1, 2019 11:07 AM

May 2018
Ok, if Filo is now the queen what is to become of Fitoria?????\

So, ending credit sword hero and bow hero went to the cave, finds nothing, but a trap waiting for them in a form of a big BOOM, so I guess Malty has something do do with it.
May 1, 2019 11:10 AM
Jan 2016
SSL443 said:

I mean I enjoy plenty of other anime not strictly aimed at adult audiences so I'm not sure what age has to do with it. Bad writing is bad writing.

The joke here is how can you enjoy something when someone else hate it ?
May 1, 2019 11:16 AM

Dec 2016
Destined_One said:
The joke here is how can you enjoy something when someone else hate it ?

Uhhh, by being well-adjusted?
May 1, 2019 11:18 AM

Sep 2014
further proof EVERYONE is retarded here INCLUDING shieldbro. It was pretty obvious what she meant last night.

lmao she did the "nothing personel kid" move. "She has no time to generate her clothes at all" Oh my..
Filo grew an ahoge. Alright.
Raphtalia and Filo would be livid if they saw the end.

All in all super boring and kinda unimportant episode. Way to waste the screentime. Even the plot explaining talk at the end was just repeating itself over and over.
This show really lost its flavour lately. Pretty much the entire second cour is trash. Im sad to see it deteriorate after the great start it had.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 1, 2019 11:26 AM
Feb 2019
i loved this episode but this trap is surly myne`s fault
Momi55522May 1, 2019 11:54 AM
May 1, 2019 11:28 AM

Mar 2016
Now that's quite an annoying trial. Of course, it's to test out whether Filo is worthy of becoming Fitoria's successor, but still, quite an asshole kind of acts there. But anyways, in the end, Fitoria gave back more than enough for the trouble she caused. A stats increase for Filo since she's now the Filolial's Queen, a cute ahoge for Filo, all Filolial-related shields for Naofumi, a permanent stats increase to use the Rage shield for longer and some more information for Naofumi. The scene at the end with Noufumi and Fitoria was really adorable!

Okay, the weekly dose of satisfaction from this ep is the moment when Filo sliced scratched Fitoria's cheek, and her being appointed the winner of the match and the new filolial queen. It's more wholesome than saisfactory, but it's great nevertheless.

Aaaaand of course... That bitch Myne is at it again... Trying to kill the Sword and Bow heroes along with their parties all in 1 giant explosion huh. That alone will make the 2 heroes believe in what Naofumi had to say, future 3 heroes alliance maybe?!
ShadowkillZMay 1, 2019 9:51 PM
May 1, 2019 11:36 AM

Mar 2017
Hime03 said:
kater_tot said:

I mean killing them would make stuff harder for naofumi, sure. But surely u might as well naomfumi if you are myne, instead of sword and bow.

I get what u mean now! The thing is she saw them last episode looking into what Naofumi said, about the religion being shady and that Myne is actually the evil one. So that means she might want to get rid of the two heroes closer to her
May 1, 2019 11:39 AM

Mar 2019
@FMmatron now they admit directly and without shame that it is a harem when before they defended it denying >:/
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

428 by SanessyAdversary »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

197 by SanessyAdversary »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.