Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2019 1:43 AM
Mar 2018
likemanga said:

Not related to your post at all. I am just curious from your user name? Is that a Trump references or sthing totally unrelated

Well, I am shitting on most things I don't really know anything about, so it's up to you. #BuildThatWall
Mar 31, 2019 1:55 AM

Jul 2016
It easily makes it to my top 10 comedies. One of my favorite shows of the last 1 or 2 years.
Also loved Kaguya's seiyuu, she did great. Looks like she's kinda new so I hope she gets more main roles after this.
Mar 31, 2019 2:05 AM

May 2015
Saw all the hype surrounding this anime and kept seeing people post the ED with Chika so I though "It's probably not as good as everyone says" and figured eventually what's the harm in trying it when I got bored.

Absolutely astounded! Roped me in from episode 1 and was so excited to see that it wasn't just a generic romance anime. I'd give this as high a praise as I did with Asobi Asobase, which I think is close to the pinnacle of "new" anime since before I just figured anime would just get worse but hope. I can still have hope! The characters developments were so enticing to watch and it just kept pulling me into the next episode. I will pray for Kaguya and Shirogane!

Season 2 when!!!!!!
“You choose to be hurt rather than to hurt others, right?
You’re nice and wonderful.
But while it seems like you are choosing both,
you’re really forsaking both.”
Mar 31, 2019 3:32 AM

Dec 2017
VanishingKira said:
I'm crying tears of joy rn

Favorite moment of one of my favorite manga finally animated, such bliss.

Overall I'd said the manga is vastly better than the anime though this might just be heavy bias as a saucefag since from this point onwards is where the manga really turns great and became a favorite of mine. For the most part I'd give the anime a 7/10 but seeing fireworks finally animated was enough for me to bump it to an 8/10.

GoldenDevilGamer said:
The fireworks segment was perfectly adapted. I couldn't ask for a better adaptation of it. Maybe if they had the first segment from the last episode in this episode, so it would make the buildup longer, but whatever, I'm just glad that the adaptation of this anime is ridiculously good! Kaguya's VA was perfect in this episode and almost made me tear up twice.

Shirogane's such a chad, planning everything out and making sure that Kaguya gets to see the fireworks. But can we get a shout-out to the real MVP, driver-san!

Second segment was fun and those plane representations were hilarious. Of course Ishigami's the first to get shot down XD

We saw the back of

Although the chances of a S2 isn't the highest, I'm gonna pray with all the energy I have for sequel seasons, because the manga only got better from this point onwards, and seeing it animated would be a dream come true.

9/10
*LOL* To think there is still something beyond this... I'm not sure if I can take some more blows from this masterpiece. The emotional impact is too intense for me to take for now. Definitely would look into the manga.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 31, 2019 3:45 AM

Nov 2017

there is no hope after all

Mar 31, 2019 4:57 AM

Oct 2010
The score i had in my mind for this at the end was 7 and depending on the ending it would go + or -1. It went -1 cus the ending was absolute garbage. The anime had zero growth and it was basically the same formula from the beginning to the end. Characters were aloof and goofy and the plot was bad and going nowhere. The only redeeming qualities are Kaguya and Hayasaka somewhat and there were some funny gags but they went too far on some to a point where it made it feel trying too hard and forced. Kaguya was a qtie but her personality wasn't properly fleshed out, she was too 2d. Same with the president, Chika was a mentally handicapped trash throughout the whole series and didn't contribute to anything except a gag or two which ultimately weren't worth it. Summed up i'd have to say "wasted potential", and setting. unlucky.

even giving a 6 to this anime is a stretch
lots of music -
Mar 31, 2019 5:07 AM

Jan 2009
incisorr said:
The score i had in my mind for this at the end was 7 and depending on the ending it would go + or -1. It went -1 cus the ending was absolute garbage. The anime had zero growth and it was basically the same formula from the beginning to the end. Characters were aloof and goofy and the plot was bad and going nowhere. The only redeeming qualities are Kaguya and Hayasaka somewhat and there were some funny gags but they went too far on some to a point where it made it feel trying too hard and forced. Kaguya was a qtie but her personality wasn't properly fleshed out, she was too 2d. Same with the president, Chika was a mentally handicapped trash throughout the whole series and didn't contribute to anything except a gag or two which ultimately weren't worth it. Summed up i'd have to say "wasted potential", and setting. unlucky.

I was initially planning to ignore bad reviews, but you certainly take the cake with "_every_ _single_ _line_ is stupid BS". This achievement deserves notification :)
Mar 31, 2019 6:21 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
Is this a good final episode ? Something we can remember down the line, about time.
Will miss this one, next season can't fill this shoes.
Mar 31, 2019 6:51 AM

Feb 2014
This final episode was certainly powerful and also memorable. Just like all of the episodes before this one, it had plenty of moments where I laughed a lot. However, seeing how Kaguya struggled to go and see the fireworks really brought the feels into play.

Honestly, just seeing her hopes of seeing the fireworks getting crushed felt harsh. However, Hayasaka sparked her determination once again and Kaguya escaped her home and made her dash to the fireworks festival. Sadly, she didn't get to the place in time and her emotional breakdown made me tear up a few times. D=

Thankfully, Miyuki found her and he, along with Chika and Ishigami, made a dash to another fireworks festival elsewhere in Tokyo and thanks to their ramen king taxi driver who had the need for speed, they got to the fireworks in time. =3

The rest of the episode where Miyuki and Kaguya tried to talk to each other during the first day back at school was hilarious. It was a nice way to end the episode, too.

Overall, this show has been an absolute blast to watch. A-1 Pictures had a solid production team who showed their passion and love with this show and in terms of visuals, animation, voice acting and OST timing, they nailed it. Now's the time for me to pray for a second season and a possible look at the manga to continue the story.

9/10. is my final score. ^_^
Mar 31, 2019 7:09 AM
Jan 2018
incisorr said:

This anime adapted the first part of the manga, the development really starts to grow fast after where the anime left, Just read the Chapter 135, 136 and 137 and you will see where their development reached.
Mar 31, 2019 7:25 AM

Feb 2017
really good directing throughout the end and very good finale so i give an 8
always keep me laugh out loud almost in every episode

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Mar 31, 2019 7:33 AM

Sep 2016
1. I approve of Shirogane x Kaguya.
2. Kaguya's dad is an asshole.
Mar 31, 2019 7:47 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
This was such a great laugh. I noticed how the last episode started off very lighthearted and comedy-heavy and ended up with a sad part where Kaguya was giving up meeting her friends, but this episode took off from that sadness and ended off just as lighthearted as it started
Nice change in the ending sequence; I noticed how they grouped both sexes, Male and Female into separate crowds with Shirogane and Kaguya leading theirs respectively, but what bugged me was that the old battler looking dude was also there, that's a very dangerous move A- Pictures, and to even make it weirder, he was facing directly Hayasaka, I don't think that's a coincidence giving the fact that she's also doing something related to battlerhood.
The scene was Shigorane regrets saying those cringe-worthy lines is so relatable I can already write done a novel of the times I've regretted saying things like that seemed very cool in my head to only kill me in cringe hours later.
Sad to see this fan Rom-Com depart, but as of now, no season 2 was announced, but I hope we get a continuation next year.
The plane scene gave me some disturbing Tomas the Tank Engine for some reason.
EoussamaMar 31, 2019 7:52 AM
Mar 31, 2019 7:48 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
cities516 said:

Well, we don't know the real backstory there, so I advise not to rush into insulting him, a lot of Anime fooled me in the same manner before, but I think I learned a lesson.
Mar 31, 2019 8:10 AM

Apr 2015
absolutely loved this episode to death
Mar 31, 2019 8:19 AM

Sep 2011
Eoussama said:
cities516 said:

Well, we don't know the real backstory there, so I advise not to rush into insulting him, a lot of Anime fooled me in the same manner before, but I think I learned a lesson.
I dont think theres really any excuse with him, he psychologically damaged his daughter for most her life to the point where her personality didnt become what it is now until outside people showed any kindness to her.

He might have some sympathetic side to a degree that led him to this point, but hes still a piece of shit regardless

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 31, 2019 8:24 AM

Dec 2014
well that was awesome...I hope season two comes too
Mar 31, 2019 8:35 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
JizzyHitler said:
Eoussama said:

I dont think theres really any excuse with him, he psychologically damaged his daughter for most her life to the point where her personality didnt become what it is now until outside people showed any kindness to her.

He might have some sympathetic side to a degree that led him to this point, but hes still a piece of shit regardless
Well; it could have been worse, at least he provided her with comfortable living conditions, not trying to defend him or anything here, just saying.
Mar 31, 2019 9:56 AM
Jan 2016
This Finale was wonderful, once again we got to see some sad moment about Kaguya and her father problems, was really painful see Kaguya crying, but once again she got Hayasaka to cheer up her and help her to decido ddo something and help with her plan aswell, Hayasaki disguised as Kaguya was really cute!

Firework segment was so much awesome, Miyuki made everything to show Kaguya the fireworks, but she prested more attention to Miyuki with her adorable expression!

Second half of episode was so funny aswell, i almost thought they would confess there, but obvious it didn't happened,the way they ended the episode with Kaguya chasing Miyuki was really funny!

Overall, this show was completely a masterpiece, all the character were interesting, especially Chika, Kaguya and Hayasaka, and with this wonderful art and animation its even better, i lost the count how many time i almost dying of laughing, Hayasaki was the ones that made me laught more, i think, OP and ED were so cool, especially OP, i will miss this characters and show for sure, and i honestly hope for a 2nd season for this incredible show!

I will give 10/10!
LimaolcMar 31, 2019 10:05 AM
Mar 31, 2019 10:12 AM

Aug 2010
Loved this episode and this show. Rom/Com done right. We really need a season 2.
Mar 31, 2019 10:17 AM

Jun 2015
i want a season two, really liked the comedy in this and the slow change to include actual story. wanna know more behind kaguya's dad and why he's being a major ass.
Mar 31, 2019 10:21 AM

Feb 2018
I waited 24 hours for subs . . fucking hell man , it was torture .

an amazing ending for an amazing anime and god damn A-1 Pictures delivered like a BOSS , and yeah i'll admit it i teared up a little , Taxi driver for MVP .

Hands down my Favorite romcom of all time followed by Monogatari series , I couldn't ask for more from this , PERFECTION .

10/10 For me
7soMar 31, 2019 10:38 AM
Mar 31, 2019 10:24 AM

Sep 2018
Fantastic finale and more touching than I thought it could be! Frustratingly hilarious that everything is more or less back at square one and I'm hoping this means a 2nd season could be on the way at some point!
Mar 31, 2019 10:34 AM

Jul 2014
The first half was an excellent change of pace and emotion for the show, but having the second half - as funny as some of it was - completely undercut it. The fireworks also had nowhere near as much impact as I was led to believe, at least based on what we saw.

Still, this was an excellent show on the whole, consistently funny and enjoyable every single week. I'll definitely be picking the manga up again in lieu of a season 2 that may not ever come.

9/10
Mar 31, 2019 11:06 AM

Mar 2018
Are the last bits with airplanes and such fillers? It felt kinda forced to be funny and completely unrelated.

Late episodes are weaker but still a decent 9/10.

Mar 31, 2019 11:36 AM

Nov 2011
Can we discuss al the little tid bits in animation that made this way better? Little things I noticed that tends to be overlooked. The moment in the car when Kaguya is in traffic, they animated her face in the rear view mirror, they could have just had her talk from a behind angle but they added the extra animation which gave that moment a better feel in my opinion, the second thing I noticed and what I hoped what would happen is that there would be some type of cuts or blood on Kaguya's feet after running around with those Geeta on. Her feet were torn up and I am glad they showed them with the cuts. It's little things like that in anime that I can appreciate because it shows the animators took their time, I can't imagine what the bluray will look like.

Also while it broke my heart MULTIPLE times when Kaguya was crying in this episode, the animation for those moments (and this entire episode) was SPOT ON!

SEASON 2 WHEN?!?!

10/10 Easy

Edit: Oh and the parts with close ups of Kaguya's hair. That was awesome
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 31, 2019 11:37 AM

Apr 2013
Hououin_Razin said:
Hayasaka dancing at end . 10/10 hoping for a second season .

she is practising for that season 2 ending dance off against Chika!
Mar 31, 2019 11:38 AM

May 2016
I'm surprised at how well they made the first half of this episode! Certainly wasn't expecting a real dramatic moment like that! Definitely one of my favorite series, just hope we get a season 2

Mar 31, 2019 12:18 PM

Oct 2013
Did not get disappointed! Wished for a great ending of this season and Ive got it. Amazing adaption. Wonderful episode. Tearjerking first half, somehow funny yet heartwarming second half. Even though the series started to be more serious in its lovestory it didnt lose its funny being. Loved all of the characters and episodes.

The only thing I have wished for the very last minutes of this last episodes were some more romantic scenes with actual progression like "I love you" or even "hugging". But I guess to run into the school president was already some kind of big progression. And the story has to continue! If she would have confessed her love to him somehow the story wouldnt work as good as it did till yet anymore.

I really love the protagonists.

Great anime! 9/10.
Wishing for more!
NevixxMar 31, 2019 12:24 PM
My only regret is having regrets!
Mar 31, 2019 12:46 PM

Dec 2017
I'm usually not that much into romance but this show is great! Especially the last episode. The president was incredibly cute and really cool with what he did for Kaguya, I think at this point every girl would've fallen for him ^^
Mar 31, 2019 1:54 PM

Apr 2015
Damn that first half was just too sad, but atleast it got a happy ending.... Hayasaka is so underrated if you ask me. She's such a good girl and credit to Miyuki as well for reading the situation perfectly. Also Kaguya missing the fireworks cause of Miyuki's face was kinda funny, but understandable. She really fell for him there! If only Miyuki noticed it.

That ending was just perfect, that cracked me up a lot!

Sad to see this end, what a masterpiece. The art and animation was really good, a lot of effort was put into this. Same goes for the Voice Actors, such a great job.

My AOTS, 10/10 and a strong contender for AOTY!!
Mar 31, 2019 2:45 PM

Dec 2015
I respect Shirogane, he's awesome. But int this episode the MVP was the driver.
A great final episode.

Romcom isn't my favourite gender, but I really liked this one.
This was the AOTS for me.

Great VAs, great OST, great animation. One of the best adaptations.
A solid 9/10.
I hope we get a second season. The manga is great and deserves a full adaptation.
Mar 31, 2019 2:58 PM

Feb 2018
BlakexEkalb said:
I love this show, it made me laugh every single episode and put a smile on my face. Hopefully, we get a second season of this soon.

Between this and Mob II, they're both AOTS. I'm really rooting for this show but Mob II is also really good.

+1
and tbh i'm fine with either of them being AOTS .
Mar 31, 2019 4:45 PM
Feb 2019
BourBon-7so said:
BlakexEkalb said:
I love this show, it made me laugh every single episode and put a smile on my face. Hopefully, we get a second season of this soon.

Between this and Mob II, they're both AOTS. I'm really rooting for this show but Mob II is also really good.

+1
and tbh i'm fine with either of them being AOTS .

This is definitely a good season. A little bit for everyone taste: good romcom like Kaguya, good action comedy like Mob, good thriller psychology like TPN and good action adventure like Dororo.

Heard that Run with the Wind is an amazing sport anime so I am gonna binge it too.

So many AOTS for each person taste l
Mar 31, 2019 5:14 PM

Dec 2013
Definitely needs a second season. They adapted the manga masterfully.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 31, 2019 6:13 PM
Jan 2019
A very emotional and fun ending. Ray! I call that true friendship 😁. Shirogane worked hard because Kaguya managed to see the fireworks with everyone ❤. This anime is one of the best I've seen in the "school, comedy and romance" genre. I consider it one of the best of the season and it is one of my favorites. I laughed too much with each episode. It is difficult to choose a favorite character, I loved the four members of the Student Council, although being frank, Ishigami almost kills me with laughter with his grim attitude 😂.
I sincerely hope that you will have a second season to continue with the second semester.
Psdt: Although it only came out in one episode, I will never forget the ending of Fujiwara. Your dance will go down in the history of the anime 😂.
Mar 31, 2019 8:28 PM
Aug 2010
The ONLY downside? No Season 2 confirmed yet (to my knowledge)
Mar 31, 2019 9:15 PM

Nov 2016
an awesome ride on this finale. the fireworks scene was literally different from anywhere else, making it stand out against the rest.

awesome series too. lots of comedy, some feels here and there.
anime/manga version of steam would be awesome - https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1625396
Mar 31, 2019 9:18 PM

Mar 2019
TheGodEmperor said:
The ONLY downside? No Season 2 confirmed yet (to my knowledge)

Please let there be a season two! This was probably my most enjoyable show to watch this season.
Mar 31, 2019 10:00 PM

Sep 2018
I really love this show!! hahaha the fireworks part 2 is so dramatic and cringy but I love it!! specially this scene !! it's so SWEET~ it makes me emotional too! :)

I love how awkward they are, I LOVE IT! best couple :D

I'm gonna read the manga, if they will announce Season 2, i will be happy but if not.. :( I still hopeeeee pleaseeeeee
Mar 31, 2019 10:03 PM
Jun 2017
very cute final episode, where we have the fireworks episode- shinomiya put all his guts just to have her see the fireworks and thats great, and the second part is the typical daily lives of them... hahaha

well i dont know if this will have a 2nd season but i hope it will have one...
Mar 31, 2019 11:23 PM

Aug 2017
Series was just ok. Had some charming moments but lots of annoying ones involving the side characters. I only liked the MC interactions.

The blonde girl was pretty hot but didn't have any fanservice.
Apr 1, 2019 12:14 AM
Nov 2018
Can someone explain this. Isn't that the girl who was dating the guy who got advice from the President? Why is she with a new guy? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3BDblJW0AEn4sf?format=jpg&name=large
Royalty459Apr 1, 2019 12:30 AM
Apr 1, 2019 12:33 AM

Apr 2016
I'm somewhat disappointed with this final episode, I expected something better. And the whole anime gave me the same impression.
5/10 (objective), 6.5/10 (subjective)

Hope this have a second season.
Apr 1, 2019 1:44 AM

Nov 2018
Wow that ending was on Ouran's level of epic, reminded me of it to be honest.
Hayasaka the real MVP, Shirogane n the driver after that, then Chika and Ishigami. Glad Kaguya was able to make a sweet memory with her friends esp. Shirogane.
Apr 1, 2019 2:02 AM

Jan 2012
Royalty459 said:
Can someone explain this. Isn't that the girl who was dating the guy who got advice from the President? Why is she with a new guy? https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3BDblJW0AEn4sf?format=jpg&name=large

Kinda spoilerish, but she is with the same guy. He just got Alpha (and annoying) during the summer with her.

The content in the ending is a potential season 2 teaser as it shows stuff that wasnt adapted (like the principal playing Pokemon Go) and teaes content that would be adapted in a 2nd season like the fifth main character (its a shame we only got to see her back in anime):
Apr 1, 2019 3:43 AM

Sep 2013
Her Not being allowed to leave the house felt a bit forced,
was this how it went down in the manga?
Apr 1, 2019 4:29 AM
Aug 2010
Nicromatic said:

Yes, it's because she's part of such a rich and prestigious family the Butlers and such are worried about keeping her safe from harm/kidnapping/whatever.
Apr 1, 2019 5:32 AM
Oct 2016
Nicromatic said:

quite understand why you would felt that part is a bit forced, the tone is usually fun so when it shifts to more serious tone it felt unusual and forced to some people

but its already hinted on how kaguya family situation that strict and overprotecting her
-she's not even allowed to walk to school on her own (even damaged her own car's wheel just to walk with prez in the rain)
-lack of common knowledge, sign of a sheltered girl
-she thirst for familial love (shirogane kei's introduction)
-shinomiya families policy which is pretty cold
Apr 1, 2019 8:27 AM
Jul 2018
What an amazing show, probably the best romcom I've watched in a year or so, and yes I did watch Bunny Girl-senpai, didn't really like the show tho.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

384 by sukinhos »»
Apr 20, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2019

296 by Intter »»
Apr 14, 11:26 AM

» Misattribution of arousal

egosumjohn - Apr 7

11 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 14, 11:13 AM

» I laugh as hard in this series as gintama 🤣

Jannie7 - Mar 31

38 by xDemi »»
Apr 1, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2019

246 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.