Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 22, 2019 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Part 4 of the King of Distortion arc.

That dream world they're in really pushes the boundary of bizareness. Boogiepop is back yet again to express their ideals as usual. Felt like the episode is building towards its finale and last part of the arc. I'm really curious to see how it'll play out and to see what King of Distortion's real agenda is in this show.
Mar 22, 2019 7:11 AM

Dec 2018
So according to teratsuki(the guy who made the moon temple) what he wanted to do was find the special people among all the people that might get trapped in the temple. Special people in his idea are people who are able to emotionally except their true selves(like the girl that has excepted her true kindness) and people who are able to escape from their distorted dream states. So then these people go to the top most security location(because no way to get out) and finds the messege by teratsuki. So his video explains what is secretly happening in the world and gives the person or people the password to basically stop this whole thing, so basically if the person or people decide that what teratsuki is doing is right they would not enter the password and end all this but stay put until many more people come up their and find the truth and some idiot will enter the password and end this. The special people will band together to attack the towa organisation(expose it or something), how because they are special in some way.

But.....Did all of this happen in Habara's(dude with cool hair) Dream state and the other guy was just the king of distortion. Also previously we saw that habara was a hacker that EXPOSES organizations, so him having to deal with EXPOSING the towa organization is his distorted dream state...... I just don't know anymore. How is Boogiepop going to even end this.
Mar 22, 2019 7:28 AM

Jun 2016
"In order to have the right to ask to be killed, you have to actually live first."
"If your feelings aren't already gold, then I'm pretty sure nothing in this world actually glitters"
That whole scene was so powerful, and beautiful...

"Stairway to Heaven" Guess KoD had some chat with DIO before he died....
Mar 22, 2019 7:42 AM

Feb 2011
This arc is agonizingly boring, there is no other way to put it.
Mar 22, 2019 8:14 AM

Jan 2013
Meh, this anime just lost me.
Bored out of my mind with these episodes.
Mar 22, 2019 9:11 AM

Oct 2017
I find it very interesting that Teratsuki made this building to inform the potential enemies of his creators about the organization in hopes to stop it. Judging by this though, I think the King of Distortion is not Teratsuki but something else entirely and hopefully not part of the Towa Organization. That Sakiko Boogiepop interaction was very powerful. With one episode left we still have quite a lot of questions to be answered. I'd be down for another season of this.
Mar 22, 2019 9:42 AM
Sep 2012
I really like this
Can we get complete adaptation?
Mar 22, 2019 9:54 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was some entertaining and less thought-provoking episode!

Kyouchirou Teratsuki, knowing that his demise was drawing closer, built this ‘Moon Temple’ as a way of informing the World, or rather the ‘ ‘Possibilities’, of the existence of the Towa Organisation. A lot of info dump to get to this main message though but I honestly found it quite compelling how he was circling around the whole message with more ideologies and the sort. I’m honestly amazed at how these Synthetic Humans have developed in this series, they’re really like the gateway to this mysterious Towa Organisation. Got to say though, that cliffhanger was some .. infuriating one for I need to know what’s next! Tanaka just became the King of Distortion? If so, is it all in the head of the other character? Or is it like .. I don’t even know, lol.

Sakiko’s outburst was rather powerful this episode but it’s good to see Boogiepop playing the handy ‘true friend’ role to soothe her pain. “If your feelings aren’t good, then there might be nothing in this world that truly glitters.” - Wow, what a motivational quote that is! Obviously, there were a few more too but this really stood out to me. Looks like Boogiepop isn’t going to be resolving this in a snap this time around. I wonder how the kaijuu from the kid’s dream(?) still hasn’t taken down the building though, xD. It must be much weaker now that it’s only got a portion of its entity, but the quakes sure seemed to carry the same punch into it. Lol, it’s just a needless worry I know but I’m just curious and have a gutsy feeling it will be vital for next episode’s finale. Meanwhile, Takeda is officially in the building now I suppose. He’s definitely in for a ride, lol.

I wonder why Boogiepop appeared in this peculiar case though, all things considered, but I’m more curious on who’s or what’s wrong here causing it’s appearance in the first place.

Looking forward to next week’s episode!
Hopefully, we’ll get an announcement for a 2nd Season of this too! I mean that’s the whole reason why Madhouse decided to remake this in the first place and because it’s got a huge popularity boost in Japan good right? Please tell me it is!
I know it’s probably not though, but I’ll be hoping nevertheless.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 22, 2019 10:41 AM
Jul 2009
It should be obvious for everyone, but Teratsuki is not the King of the Distortion. He just rigged the building in order to look for evolved people. The King is probably one of those evolved.
Mar 22, 2019 10:46 AM

Mar 2016
The way they talk about psychology is quite interesting.

Two boys learnt about Towa.

Something is wrong with Shirou. I like him, so I hope he stays safe.

This episode was one of my favourites from this anime. Not sure why. It just really kept me interested the whole time.
Mar 22, 2019 10:56 AM
Jul 2009

"Body" is a mistranslation. 主体 doesn't mean body--it means autonomy. Boogiepop obviously HAS a body, and the King of Distortion probably does too.
Mar 22, 2019 12:30 PM

Jan 2015
I knew this whole series would culminate in a JoJo reference!

Mar 22, 2019 1:20 PM

Jan 2014
Is it just me or was Boogiepop's voice during that dialogue with Sakiko weird?
Maybe it wasn't actually Boogiepop? Or maybe just the VA was sick or something?
Mar 22, 2019 1:39 PM

Sep 2011
Sakiko, after realizing that she couldn't go back to her "sweet dream", met Boogiepop like she wanted at first and asked to be killed because she was "bad". Boogiepop then explained to her that the King of Distortion was a delusion born out of her, and if it was kind, it's because she is kind herself. And that her suffering also stems from her kindness. That this feeling is already something akin to gold, it glitters. This part stood out to me.

Now Teratsuki was a synthetic human who tried to find someone who could become an enemy to the "system", an enemy to the Towa Organization, even after his death by leaving that building/video. And in the end he might have nothing to do with the King of Distortion. Shirou was weird in the end too so he might be possessed or something. It's a pity this is already ending, but I can't wait for the conclusion!

Oh, and Kentarou's compliment was a bit awkward, saying that Shirou's girlfriend had good taste, but it was kind of cute. lol
Mar 22, 2019 1:39 PM

Aug 2013
Meh episode. One more to go.

Mar 22, 2019 2:46 PM

Sep 2017
I still really enjoy the story and the characters of this anime, they're pretty interesting, and the OST is really nice too

I'm curious to see how the King of Distorsion arc is gonna end !

Otherwise, I'm not usually complaining about stuff, but the animation in this episode was quite awful at some moments
DamuzenMar 22, 2019 2:50 PM
Mar 22, 2019 7:35 PM

Apr 2018
Damn, that was a really good episode! I did not expect this to connect back to the Towa Organization! Only thing that's left now is figure out how the king of distortion fits into this mess, and also see smugiepop solve the problem.
I'm gonna be pretty sad when this anime ends next week (☍﹏⁰)。
Mar 22, 2019 10:33 PM

May 2015
"In order to have the right to asked to be killed, you have to actually live first." I know what Boogiepop is saying, but this is deep...

Oh...so the Towa Organization was behind all of this. And anyone who breaks out of their system could be classified as an enemy to Towa.

This episode pretty much revolved around existentialism. I don't think Boogiepop will be able to solve this by himself. Shirou looks a little "distortioned" so it's going to be up to Kentarou to get himself and maybe everyone else out of this predicament.
Mar 23, 2019 12:36 AM

Jan 2014
Isn't Shirou a synthetic though?
Mar 23, 2019 1:37 AM
Jan 2015
Fayrin said:

Now Teratsuki was a synthetic human

Actually if you remember the start of the arc - Teratsuki told Makoto mum that he can't have children.
Now we know why - he is synthetic :)
Mar 23, 2019 5:06 AM

Feb 2016
One of the few shows that I choose to speedup the video playblack lest I fall asleep. Welp one more episode.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Mar 23, 2019 6:25 AM
Jan 2019
I dont believe it! If Teratsuki was a synthetic human created by the Towa Organization and only controlled the economy, then, Who is really the King of Distortion? The friend with whom Kentarou reached the top of the building is very suspicious. I can not believe that Teratsuki did all that just to say those words, being so famous he could have made a public announcement in the news and given himself to scientists to analyze its composition. That way, it would have been much more dangerous for Towa.
Mar 23, 2019 10:55 AM

Aug 2018
"Stairway to Heaven" lol.

One more episode and this shit ends.
Mar 23, 2019 11:42 AM

Sep 2012
Depending on how the last episode goes, this will be the best arc in the show.
Mar 23, 2019 1:45 PM
Jul 2015
I get that I get more information per episode but at this point I’m just confused and I know what I could already have guessed before. I’m hoping for some amazing plot twist please
Mar 23, 2019 2:32 PM

Jan 2014
There are people who didn't know that Teratsuki is synthetic? I mean Pigeon told Scarecrow to look into what Teratsuki is doing, because he might be a traitor, and he did look into it and that's how he encountered Nagi. They also mentioned a "big, weird building" that Teratsuki is building. The groundworks for this arc were laid in ep 10.
Mar 23, 2019 3:24 PM
Jan 2015
Friddan said:
There are people who didn't know that Teratsuki is synthetic? I mean Pigeon told Scarecrow to look into what Teratsuki is doing, because he might be a traitor, and he did look into it and that's how he encountered Nagi. They also mentioned a "big, weird building" that Teratsuki is building. The groundworks for this arc were laid in ep 10.

I will rewatch it with my brain being ready for all this stuff. Even if I manage to connect 80% of what this show says I still do forget smth :) With 1 week between episodes some details do actually slip away sadly.
Mar 23, 2019 5:06 PM

Jun 2015
one more last episode, i think with something like this for an arc the ending will either be mediocre or great.
Mar 23, 2019 7:36 PM
Mar 2015
Enjoyed seeing the chaff being cleared away by Boogiepop and the Towa The King of Distortion is next week
Mar 23, 2019 11:05 PM

Sep 2018
This arc is really really weak in my opinion, way more convoluted that it should be. Sadly I'm not all that hyped for the finale next week, I think it's going to go out with a bit of a whimper. I think this anime was a bit too ambitious, too many arcs for one season and with barely anything connecting them all it all feels very disjointed and the amount of characters it throws at you becomes difficult to keep track of, let alone dream sequences andwhatever reality the King of Distortion creates.
Mar 24, 2019 10:47 AM

Apr 2016
This is rather an annoying arc to watch and it sucks that this is the last arc as it will give me a bad taste with regards to the anime.
I hate this King of Distortion crap.
Mar 24, 2019 6:32 PM

Feb 2015
Harada and Shirou encountered with Sakiko and woke her up, the first two went through a hatch and Sakiko closed it, she went running. Niitoki is still talking with Saotome and she said that now understands why he appears to her. The building changed its exterior color from white to black, Takeda is looking for Miyashita and she appears, she asked him to follow her to the building insides (he thinks is his King of Distortion). Sakiko is lamenting about Hina and a piece of the roof was going to hit her when Boogiepop saved her and talked about Sakiko's dream. Harada and Shirou decided to go to the top and they found the controls room, there they received a message from Kyoichirou Teratsuki, he revealed he was a synthetic human and was created by Towa Organization to manipulate the economy, at the end, he gives the code "stairway to heaven" and someone named "Eugene" murders him.

Sakiko was really in her dream and feels very guilty by her friend's death, at least, Boogiepop gave her a clear opinion. What's that thing that Niitoki knows about stopping Saotome or King of Distortion in general. Takeda, you wasn't inside, don't make the problem bigger. Well he was a synthetic human and wants revenge from them as I could see, but if I were Harada, I would enter the code, lets finish this.
Atlas77Jul 23, 2019 9:09 PM
Mar 24, 2019 8:51 PM

Sep 2017
Very cool. I have a lot of thoughts, but I'm just going to muddle them over until the finale.
Mar 25, 2019 4:23 AM
Mar 2019
They actually played Custard Pie whadaya know. I had to rewind it because the music distracted me too much. Nice touch though, Teratsuki must've like Led Zeppelin a lot
Mar 27, 2019 4:27 PM
Mar 2018
Clexer said:
They actually played Custard Pie whadaya know. I had to rewind it because the music distracted me too much. Nice touch though, Teratsuki must've like Led Zeppelin a lot

Yeah, I couldn't keep up with the subtitles, because that music sounded so much like "Custard Pie" I ended up singing along. XD Not to mention the "Stairway to Heaven" thing. I get the feeling the makers of this particular series' enjoyment of Led Zeppelin couldn't be contained until the second to last episode.
Mar 27, 2019 8:34 PM

Oct 2015
The ending of this arc seems like it will have a good payoff just like the previous. Nice.

Those Led Zeppelin references though lol.
Mar 27, 2019 8:51 PM
Jul 2018
so much talking okay but why it has to be still shot!????????????????????? makes it even worst that everything looks so plain and boring!

yeah whatever one more episode to go!!!!
Mar 28, 2019 1:18 PM

Aug 2017
This episode does have some pretty good quotes.

WTF that ending.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 28, 2019 8:26 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
That little cliffhanger with Shirou's face tho
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 30, 2019 10:26 AM

Jul 2008
So we have 2 things going on, The King of Distortion, and the Towa Org.
Apr 12, 2019 5:22 AM
Jul 2018
Huh, so in the end everything comes back to the Towa Organization, 1 more episode left
Apr 13, 2019 4:40 PM
Apr 2016
So, time for the final episode! A lot happened this episode, it seems. Finally an explanation on Towa Organization. The "Right to ask to be killed" part struckt me, as I have experience with giving people therapy that're suicidal, etc, and so that part really served some stuff.
Apr 28, 2019 6:41 PM

Apr 2009
So the rich man with incredible money and influence wasn't strong enough to resist Towa, so he organized an event to find some randos to do it instead.

Okay.
Aug 25, 2019 5:32 PM

Oct 2008
watched from [GJM-DDY] fansubs...
w0w! this episode didn't make any sense at all! maybe if they enter the password stairway to heaven, then every thing would go down? or the secrets of the universe will be unraveled? or limbo?

Dec 9, 2020 10:20 AM
Aug 2019
Alright, let me guess. What if Teratsuki didn't know The Kind Of Distortion would appear? What is it's just a bad coincidence?
Apr 11, 8:51 PM
Oct 2022
He laughs at girls. The building is glitching and switching its song. This place is a game itself. He claims death is along the road to gold. We both know how bad you want to get inside there. The sound is spreading. Slight shifts in reality. The creation of a new door. Everyone has a choice. She tried to be with the ones she forgot. Boogiepop is properly belted up. basket for a second. The hacker accesses the keyboard. The meme of destiny. Evolution has a direction. Is destiny the thing that inspires evolution in the first place? He waxes abstract about systems and such. The false humans are holding hands and. Those who understand what shouldn’t be understood , people who are able to travel places they shouldn’t be able to go. You are a possibility of unfathomable extent. Eugene arrives, but doesn’t get rid of the recording. He doesn’t mention the king distortion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

104 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2019

32 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

43 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2019

42 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 2:14 AM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2019

66 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 9, 11:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.