Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 23, 2019 2:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What an eerie episode even for this arc.

Nagi's role this episode especially made it thrilling with her escape against an inhuman. Kinda crazy how far some characters go out to prove their intentions. Poor Nagi, she's just literally fighting to survive.

Boogiepop's involvement in this episode still feels a lot the same as the others being cryptic and complex.
Feb 23, 2019 6:53 AM

Dec 2017
damn, Nagi just ripped Makiko's hand off. that was quite brutal

also, Pigeon betrayed Sasaki? her reasoning was really wack lol. i get that dying after her loved one, Scarecrow, was good enough, but she had no reason to betray Towa. the heck? but whatever

and so concludes this arc, Boogiepop at Dawn iirc. a really uncanny arc, gave me goosebumps a couple of times, especially with flashbacks to Nagi's dad
the conclusion was pretty nice, sensei therapist tasted her own medicine, a nice portion of fear intravenously x)

though, a bit confused about the world Boogiepop and Echoes talked in. is this a foreshadowing of what's about to happen to the current world? is that some other dimension?
Feb 23, 2019 6:58 AM

Jun 2013
Really enjoyed this marathon even though the second and third episodes weren't as great as the first and the final one.
Got to give Norifumi Kugai a credit here, his storyboard on episode 10 was amazing. Keiichiro Watanabe scene was spectacular as well (in the same episode).

The mystery wasn't on a high level this arc but besides the villain, the new characters that were involved were really likable, I especially liked the investigator from the episode 10, as well as the protagonist.

Very good finale, deserved ending for each of the characters. The last layout when Boogiepop walked out of that world with the white screen gave me goosebumps...
A lot of mysteries surrounding Boogiepop that even he doesn't know. Would be petty great if we would learn more as the show continues.
Feb 23, 2019 7:01 AM
Jul 2009
uninstallthegame said:
Pigeon betrayed Sasaki? her reasoning was really wack lol. i get that dying after her loved one, Scarecrow, was good enough, but she had no reason to betray Towa. the heck?

Towa ordered Scarecrow's death because he stole the drug he used to cure Nagi. Sasaki was sent by Towa to kill Scarecrow. That's why Pigeon who loved Scarecrow betrayed Towa and Sasaki.

Feb 23, 2019 7:07 AM

Dec 2017
1idd0kun said:
uninstallthegame said:
Pigeon betrayed Sasaki? her reasoning was really wack lol. i get that dying after her loved one, Scarecrow, was good enough, but she had no reason to betray Towa. the heck?

Towa ordered Scarecrow's death because he stole the drug he used to cure Nagi. Sasaki was sent by Towa to kill Scarecrow. That's why Pigeon who loved Scarecrow betrayed Towa and Sasaki.

ah, yes, that makes a lot of sense. somehow i overlooked the fact that Sasaki was Scarecrow's killer. that's actually quite a nice take then. she showed a bit of humanity instead of blind synthetic human obedience

thanks for reminding
Feb 23, 2019 7:09 AM

Feb 2014
uninstallthegame said:

though, a bit confused about the world Boogiepop and Echoes talked in. is this a foreshadowing of what's about to happen to the current world? is that some other dimension?

Pretty much. I haven't seen the episodes yet, but the novels explicitly state that this conversation between Boogiepop and Echoes happen in the middle of the events from novel 5 (which is what the rest of the anime will be adapting).
Feb 23, 2019 1:08 PM
Mar 2018
MAN the maraton was cool but i wanted to see pidgeon and scarecrow with a happy end not with the death of them :'(

At least we saw that Scarecrow gave a reason to figth to nagi and also to boogiepop

i thought they will show why they call Nagi the fire witch
Feb 23, 2019 3:24 PM
Apr 2016
I have quite mixed feelings about the direction the series is taking. But it surely was an issue to begin with. The supernatural, almost natural phenomenon of Boogiepop is being dispelled more and more with each episode. The "reaper" is being affected by feelings and deeds of others, losing its "ying and yang" basis. The worst thing they could do is make Boogiepop the target of its own practices - being left with an unanswered question due to asker disappearing. Echoes was made to pull one. At this point I am expecting Boogiepop to turn out to be another higher being like Echoes or just a creation of some sort, which has so far acted as if it was actually a natural phenomenon. The whole dispellment is not necessarily a bad idea, but I personally can't see the narrative not fa(i)lling apart splendidly. I hope this all can make a perfect circle. I hope they can manage it.
uninstallthegame said:
damn, Nagi just ripped Makiko's hand off. that was quite brutal

Her body was starting to fall apart due to the electric shock. It could also have been cut by the strings.

Hitsu said:
uninstallthegame said:

Pretty much. I haven't seen the episodes yet, but the novels explicitly state that this conversation between Boogiepop and Echoes happen in the middle of the events from novel 5 (which is what the rest of the anime will be adapting).

No, there is nosuch implication of any sort. Rather than, they say that Nagi still keeps on fighting. It is not possible to determine the exact timeline they did so, except for the fact it was post the Manticore incident.
Re:formed
Feb 23, 2019 4:29 PM

Mar 2012
Hitsu said:
uninstallthegame said:

Noooo, my dreams of it covering the Boogiepop Phantom novel are now up in smoke ;_;
Feb 23, 2019 6:37 PM
Jul 2009
Daniel_Naumov said:
At this point I am expecting Boogiepop to turn out to be another higher being like Echoes or just a creation of some sort, which has so far acted as if it was actually a natural phenomenon.

I think Touka is an MPLS (evolved human) and Boogiepop is how her power manifests. The simplest explanation is generally the correct one and this just makes a lot of sense to me.
1idd0kunFeb 25, 2019 9:14 AM
Feb 23, 2019 7:48 PM
Jan 2019
And so ends the story of the origin of the name "Boogiepop". In itself, its very existence remains a great mystery. There are still many doubts to be solved. I'm not sure, but I think this series is made for brilliant minds xD, in any case, I find it fascinating.
PD: I can not believe they gave the programming of chapters that cover a month in a single day, although it was not a bad idea. I loved.
Feb 23, 2019 10:05 PM

Aug 2015
Really enjoyed these episodes, very well done. The color palette seemed greener and greyer, a bit closer to the Phantom look. The X-Files feel of these episodes is very strong, with murders, mutants and government conspiracies. Kisugi is a more entertaining antagonist with her psycho faces than the flat-as-a-board Asukai Jin, and Nagi solves her first paranormal mystery case in spectacular fashion.

They could've explained where Kisugi got her information on Towa from (I assume the hospital director).

Now that Boogiepop at Dawn is done, all the books I've read have been animated, so the rest of this anime is virgin territory to me.
Feb 23, 2019 10:24 PM

Feb 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
Hitsu said:

No, there is nosuch implication of any sort. Rather than, they say that Nagi still keeps on fighting. It is not possible to determine the exact timeline they did so, except for the fact it was post the Manticore incident.

Oh, but there is. I even went back to the novels to check (and heck, I would have remembered anyways because I re-read novel 6 one day before the anime adapted it).
Feb 24, 2019 12:45 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I dunno what the guy that told me that this arc was gonna suck was thinking because this was all in all pretty great if you ask me

I was curious to see when Suema was going to get attacked since I was under the impression that she got kidnapped, maybe tortured and was saved, but I guess I was wrong about that lol, but I can't remember if she knew it was that doctor or not (I guess not since they decided to pin it on Mo Murder)

Other than that, I really liked the way things played out with Mo Murder (The blonde girl betraying him was kinda wack but I kinda get why she did it since Scarecrow was worth avenging) and Psycho Doctor, and watching Nagi and Boogiepop school her was so satisfying

But what shocked me even further though was that electric shocks canceled out the Doctor's abilities which made me think of Spooky E again, but still, I found that to be quite ironic

And lastly, seeing Echoes take on the role of his first human friend (RIP Naoko TwT) gave me the feels :''')

EDIT: Forgot to ask how Psycho Doctor knew about Towa and all that other stuff
TokoyaFeb 24, 2019 12:54 AM
Feb 24, 2019 1:24 AM
Apr 2016
Hitsu said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Oh, but there is. I even went back to the novels to check (and heck, I would have remembered anyways because I re-read novel 6 one day before the anime adapted it).

...I was talking about this animated series, not the novels.
Feb 24, 2019 1:27 AM

Feb 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
Hitsu said:

And I've been talking about the novels when you quoted me the first time, if you actually bothered to read the entire sentence.
Feb 24, 2019 1:35 AM
Apr 2016
Hitsu said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

And I've been talking about the novels when you quoted me the first time, if you actually bothered to read the entire sentence.

...And I have let it be known to you, since you have not watched the episode yet, that in the animated series, there is re-read #8.
Feb 24, 2019 3:36 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was an interesting arc!

Lol, I nearly forgot it was just a backstory for the origins of the name ‘Boogiepop’ even. A lot of events occurred in this arc but it followed the linear storytelling format so it wasn’t too hard to keep up with. Of course this doesn’t mean that everything is crystal clear though. One common Question that I’ve been pondering about too like some of the users above: where did Makiko come to know about the Towa Organisation and such? More importantly, Boogiepop’s existence still remains a mystery. Actually, if anything, the mystery just thickened. ‘Reaper’, or ‘Shinigami’, really isn’t all I’m sure, can’t wait to see more things from him/her in the remaining episodes!

As for the whole arc in general, like I mentioned before, the Storyline opted to go for the linear storytelling format so it wasn’t too hard to keep up with despite the cluster of events. New Characters introduced for this arc were really interesting in their own ways too but it was obviously most intriguing to see the younger version of Kirima Nagi doing what she does best. I see where her Messiah complex comes from now and I got to say there’s some legit reasoning behind it, it really just makes her character even more cool! I was expecting Mo Murder to tell Nagi that he’s the one behind her father’s death during his final moment but too bad he didn’t. Boogiepop finishing off Makiko was awesome for some reason, Makiko didn’t heed Boogiepop’s warning earlier(or so it seemed like to me then) and that’s why she ended up beheaded. Pigeon taking revenge for Scarecrow and that whole scene was a little too quick for me to evaluate but Scarecrow was a cool person so no problems here. Seems like he’s one of the main reasons behind the name ‘Boogiepop’ too, I wonder if that’s what he came up with right before dying. Nagi’s father encountering Suiko makes me even more curious than ever regarding her death, just when I thought the Imaginator fiasco was over and we wouldn’t see her again lol. Suema got a little bit of a mention too, thankfully Makiko never got around to killing her. I wonder why Makiko didn’t though, could it possibly have been some sort of a plot hole or am I just barking at the wrong tree here?

It was very pleasing to see Echoes again too and the short references to Nagi’s friend there was very saddening. I though Echoes would’ve died because of Manticore’s assault but good thing he’s still around and observing. Speaking of Nagi’s friend, the scene where Scarecrow goes to visit Nagi for the first time in the hospital and she becomes awfully cautious against Scarecrow was hilarious for some reason. Anyway, I wonder where this encounter between Boogiepop and Echoes lies in the timeline. Surely after the Manticore event but is it after the Imaginator arc too? Also, another little mystery regarding Miyashita and Boogiepop. We see Boogiepop in Miyashita’s form away from Earth, does that mean they’re connected in some spiritual way or something of the sort? Can’t wait to find these answers!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 24, 2019 5:21 AM
Jul 2009
_MushiRock11_ said:
Anyway, I wonder where this encounter between Boogiepop and Echoes lies in the timeline. Surely after the Manticore event but is it after the Imaginator arc too? Also, another little mystery regarding Miyashita and Boogiepop. We see Boogiepop in Miyashita’s form away from Earth, does that mean they’re connected in some spiritual way or something of the sort? Can’t wait to find these answers!

I'll give you the answer to that. Actually, it was originally given during that dialog between Boogiepop and Echoes but for some reason the anime skipped that part. Anyway, here's the answer:

Feb 24, 2019 5:38 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
1idd0kun said:
_MushiRock11_ said:
Anyway, I wonder where this encounter between Boogiepop and Echoes lies in the timeline. Surely after the Manticore event but is it after the Imaginator arc too? Also, another little mystery regarding Miyashita and Boogiepop. We see Boogiepop in Miyashita’s form away from Earth, does that mean they’re connected in some spiritual way or something of the sort? Can’t wait to find these answers!

I'll give you the answer to that. Actually, it was originally given during that dialog between Boogiepop and Echoes but for some reason the anime skipped that part. Anyway, here's the answer:

Oh right, thanks for the brief spoiler!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 24, 2019 6:28 AM

Sep 2015
Even with 4 episode in a row I still can't find mysefl interested. Its certainly intriguing but also boring.

Boogiepop does nothing.
Feb 24, 2019 7:06 AM

Aug 2013
Another interesting episode.

The way Kisugi Makiko's body starting falling apart was brutal.

Feb 24, 2019 11:09 AM

Mar 2018
This arc was really good and it's what I wish the whole series had been like. Nagi is just awesome.
Feb 24, 2019 3:08 PM

Aug 2017
This arc was really good. Great moment to look back and to see several connections slowly coming together after so many questions were raised. I also loved the psychological depth of it which somehow made more sense to me than in the other episodes so far. Hopefully the next arc will be just as wonderful!
eryn-chanFeb 25, 2019 2:26 PM
Feb 24, 2019 4:13 PM
Jul 2018
Boogiepop Discord Server - https://discord.gg/qBW5UPc
Feb 24, 2019 7:49 PM

Mar 2016
I am happy I got to binge watch a whole arc, but I am sad this anime will end much earlier than I want it to.

This arc was so much better than the previous one about Orihata and Masaki.

I didn't recognise the imaginator until Nagi's dad talked about the snowfall in April.

Love the way the doctor met her end. She wanted to see how much she can scare a tough looking girl, but failed. Instead, she only came to the realisation of how weak and cowardly she actually is. I think the way she died is the proper way to kill a fictional character (good or bad).

I am glad we got to see Echoes again. Hope he comes back later.

I am even more curious about Boogiepop now. He just appears. He doesn't know his origin and where he will be going. And, for some reason, he appears in Touka's body.
Feb 24, 2019 8:47 PM

Aug 2014
Mo Murda, Mo Murda, Come again.

Boogiepop always with the kill steal. Great superhero origin, complete with the amateur-ish costume and equipment. There's been some complaints about this show's character work, but this arc had some interesting self-contained characters as well as development for the existing ones. Nagi's kickass.
Sieg Zeon!
Feb 24, 2019 10:05 PM
Mar 2016
This was a fantastic arc, no doubt the best one so far. From animation to story, loved it all.

Nagi is the best girl btw.
Feb 24, 2019 10:32 PM

May 2015
Wow...we've been duped...

Makiko jumping all the way down to the ground!

Pigeon gets her revenge on Mo Murder for killing Scarecrow but dies soon after.

Nagi taking Scarecrow's idea of being a superhero and putting it to use, insulated suit included.

"Hey, you beat her all by yourself!" Boogiepop respects it! I mean Nagi did the damage. Boogiepop just did the cleanup.

And now we see how Nagi and Boogiepop got acquainted. They share similar motives in that they just want to keep their world safe, although looks like Boogiepop will only pop in (pun intended because naming convention) when things get a little too difficult for the others to handle. Great episode and arc.
Feb 25, 2019 4:50 AM

Sep 2011
A whole arc at once, this time with the story behind Boogiepop's name which started with a "Scarecrow," huh. I guess it was because I watched four episodes in a row, but it was a lot to process and digest.

Towa Organization seems to be seeking evolution and what comes next for humankind, with their synthetic humans and all, but it seems that they are also trying to prevent it from happening out of their reach. Killing evolved people with abilities because they are "enemies of society." Then there's Nagi's father, who inspired these young people with his books without even knowing it, and who was killed for getting too involved.

The villain was really good this time too. A deranged maniac who just happened to find a special drug which "evolved" her, and took pleasure at instilling fear in the heart of "fearless" victims because she was a coward herself. Nagi is really cool though, I also thought that she was going to need to be saved, but Boogiepop only had to give the coup de grâce. She also made the "bug" inside the killer of her father, and many others, honestly want to help her. Welp, there was a lot more here, but I guess this is what I managed to absorb and wanted to comment on.
Feb 25, 2019 8:20 AM

Dec 2017
Such an intriguing arc! An info dump packed with the thrill of mystery and actions.
_MushiRock11_ said:
Damn, this was an interesting arc!

Lol, I nearly forgot it was just a backstory for the origins of the name ‘Boogiepop’ even. A lot of events occurred in this arc but it followed the linear storytelling format so it wasn’t too hard to keep up with. Of course this doesn’t mean that everything is crystal clear though. One common Question that I’ve been pondering about too like some of the users above: where did Makiko come to know about the Towa Organisation and such? More importantly, Boogiepop’s existence still remains a mystery. Actually, if anything, the mystery just thickened. ‘Reaper’, or ‘Shinigami’, really isn’t all I’m sure, can’t wait to see more things from him/her in the remaining episodes!

As for the whole arc in general, like I mentioned before, the Storyline opted to go for the linear storytelling format so it wasn’t too hard to keep up with despite the cluster of events. New Characters introduced for this arc were really interesting in their own ways too but it was obviously most intriguing to see the younger version of Kirima Nagi doing what she does best. I see where her Messiah complex comes from now and I got to say there’s some legit reasoning behind it, it really just makes her character even more cool! I was expecting Mo Murder to tell Nagi that he’s the one behind her father’s death during his final moment but too bad he didn’t. Boogiepop finishing off Makiko was awesome for some reason, Makiko didn’t heed Boogiepop’s warning earlier(or so it seemed like to me then) and that’s why she ended up beheaded. Pigeon taking revenge for Scarecrow and that whole scene was a little too quick for me to evaluate but Scarecrow was a cool person so no problems here. Seems like he’s one of the main reasons behind the name ‘Boogiepop’ too, I wonder if that’s what he came up with right before dying. Nagi’s father encountering Suiko makes me even more curious than ever regarding her death, just when I thought the Imaginator fiasco was over and we wouldn’t see her again lol. Suema got a little bit of a mention too, thankfully Makiko never got around to killing her. I wonder why Makiko didn’t though, could it possibly have been some sort of a plot hole or am I just barking at the wrong tree here?

It was very pleasing to see Echoes again too and the short references to Nagi’s friend there was very saddening. I though Echoes would’ve died because of Manticore’s assault but good thing he’s still around and observing. Speaking of Nagi’s friend, the scene where Scarecrow goes to visit Nagi for the first time in the hospital and she becomes awfully cautious against Scarecrow was hilarious for some reason. Anyway, I wonder where this encounter between Boogiepop and Echoes lies in the timeline. Surely after the Manticore event but is it after the Imaginator arc too? Also, another little mystery regarding Miyashita and Boogiepop. We see Boogiepop in Miyashita’s form away from Earth, does that mean they’re connected in some spiritual way or something of the sort? Can’t wait to find these answers!
Didn't you mention about Pigeon conspiring with Makiko to avenge Scarecrow? From there, I'd also guess that Makiko also milked all the informations she could get from Pigeon regarding Towa as they were setting up their plan for Sasaki/Mo Murder.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 25, 2019 8:23 AM

Dec 2017
1idd0kun said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
At this point I am expecting Boogiepop to turn out to be another higher being like Echoes or just a creation of some sort, which has so far acted as if it was actually a natural phenomenon.

I think Touka is an MPLS (evolved human) and Boogiepop is how her power manifest. The simplest explanation is generally the correct one and this just makes a lot of sense to me.
Oh, what an interesting theory you got there. Now I can't wait to see it unraveled...
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 25, 2019 8:25 PM

Apr 2018
This was a nice mini arc! I enjoyed it all the way through!
Feb 26, 2019 12:31 AM

Nov 2018
That's 5 strong episodes in a row. Makes me so glad I am watching this.
Feb 26, 2019 4:20 PM

Dec 2017
tokidoki921 said:
This arc was really good and it's what I wish the whole series had been like.

Agreed! It made me change my 6/10 rating to a 8/10 rating for the anime.
If Boogiepop's character design had included the ribbon, the YinYang symbol and the cosmic aura inside the cape, it would have been perfect.
私が見たのが、ブギーポップだったのかどうかは分からない。
Feb 26, 2019 6:43 PM
Mar 2015
Great arc Boogiepop Clean up on aisle 7
Feb 27, 2019 4:36 AM
Apr 2018
I can't understand why so many episodes aired in a single week.
Feb 27, 2019 4:36 AM
Apr 2018
I can't understand why so many episodes aired in a single week.
Feb 27, 2019 8:36 AM

Sep 2012
Alright, this prequel arc does wonders for the story. It was badly in need of backstory like this. Maybe I'd have put it between arcs 1 and 2, actually.

In any case, I have no fucking clue what was going on between Boogiepop and Echoes in the middle of nowhere. What the hell was all that about?
Feb 27, 2019 9:03 AM
Jul 2009
Fenryr19 said:
In any case, I have no fucking clue what was going on between Boogiepop and Echoes in the middle of nowhere. What the hell was all that about?

I don't know why the anime skipped that explanation. It would have been a nice way to tie-in with the next arc.
Feb 28, 2019 2:21 AM
Aug 2017
shiro_kai said:
Even with 4 episode in a row I still can't find mysefl interested. Its certainly intriguing but also boring.

Boogiepop does nothing.

Tbh despite the show being called Boogiepop the show isn't really about them. This show isn't like typical anime where there is a main character that drives the plot forward. Rather it treats all the important* characters in each arc and fleshes them out by rotating through each one's point of view. Obviously the anime focuses on a few characters like boogipop, Nagi, and suiko;but that's because they found themselves in each story.

It's kinda similar to Durarara and Baccano where all the important characters get screen time reletive to their lives. Slowly building a web of connections between all the characters. That's where in fun in this show comes from.
Feb 28, 2019 12:42 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Some brutal stuff in this final arc ep. Great arc this one, enjoyed it immensely.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 28, 2019 5:56 PM

Mar 2009
Better than the Imaginator arc, at least, but I still have no emotional investment in ANY of these characters. Everything just feels so...distant.
Mar 1, 2019 1:21 PM

Oct 2017
This arc and episode were great. I enjoyed Mo Murder's character as Nagi pointed out, he never really killed of his own accord and just had to do what the organization said. From this point I can't really hate Mo Murder for killing Scarecrow and Nagi's father as he wouldn't normally do that (based off his personality) and is just a victim of his creators. This arc was also great for bringing together the many strings from previous arcs and giving a cleaner picture of the series.
Mar 1, 2019 9:50 PM

Sep 2017
Awesome sort of origin arc. I mean there are like 22 novels so maybe there is one that takes place before this, but this certainly felt like an origin for our main characters.

Really pleased overall and I don't feel like I have any looming questions from lack of understanding. In fact, I think this arc actually helped clear some things up from previous ones. Obviously I wonder about that weird world Boogiepop and Echoes were in, but I'm not suppose to understand that yet.

Getting to binge this arc was a really good experience. Almost makes me want to wait before starting the next.
Mar 2, 2019 11:11 AM

Jul 2008
Do not mess with Nagi...she'll rip you to pieces.
Mar 3, 2019 5:06 PM

Jun 2015
this arc is probably the best one thus far, since now i know what's happening after a few summary readings and a rewatch of some scenes.
makes me wanna watch the original anime now too, maybe read the source material
Mar 3, 2019 11:47 PM
Nov 2014
Did anyone notice that the three medals on Boogiepop's pipe hat was reversed for this part compared to the other episodes? Also they seem to resemble the alignment of the "gears" on Kuroda's "hat".

I was rewatching this episode when I noticed that. I'm not sure if this is on purpose or accidental, due to how quickly these 4 episodes were released.
Mar 4, 2019 2:06 AM
Apr 2017
One thing which is confusing the hell out of me, is when Boogiepop said that Kuroda saving Nagi eventually lead to Manticore and Echoes eventually happening upon their world. I maybe forgetting things, so can someone explain it to me ?
Mar 4, 2019 8:28 AM
Jul 2009
soul_reaper_x said:
One thing which is confusing the hell out of me, is when Boogiepop said that Kuroda saving Nagi eventually lead to Manticore and Echoes eventually happening upon their world. I maybe forgetting things, so can someone explain it to me ?

That line was anime-only. It's not in the novel. It doesn't seem to make sense. Maybe the anime staff misunderstood something.

Kuroda saving Nagi has nothing to do with Echoes or Manticore.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

104 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

45 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2019

32 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

43 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2019

42 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.