Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2019 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh Kirie, how unfortunate that her aircraft run into some problems.

Man, this episode really put her into a strange position. I have to admit though, the episode does show her passion for flying. We got some unique flight maneuvers in air during that dogfight as well.

Pretty smooth flying despite the dangers of being shot down.
Mar 10, 2019 7:46 AM

Apr 2010
Looks like trouble is brewing in the city.
The biplane that Kirie was flying is slower than the fighters that where attacking but it has a better turning circle.
Despite putting up a fight they where still taken down tho they where not hurt.
Mar 10, 2019 8:52 AM

Aug 2018
We’ve got quite the intrigue building. Somebody sure doesn’t want witnesses hanging around the portal. Wonderful animation and detail in the dogfights again. Must watch it again, as I didn’t really understand the political situation very well.
Mar 10, 2019 9:05 AM
Jul 2014
Yup, i cannot understand the world and political situation yet, is confusing af.
Mar 10, 2019 11:51 AM

May 2018
Uh oh looks like trouble is brewing in the city.
Mar 10, 2019 12:19 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty cool. So the "hole" to Yufang or whatever is literally a portal that appears in the sky, and clearly there is and has been some organization that doesn't want people to know.

Unfortunately the political stuff is pretty hard to follow. There are so many proper nouns of towns, organizations, and the like which I don't have full memory of where or what they are. This doesn't seem like it should be a confusing story or anything, so I feel I gotta blame the show a little. I feel something as simple as having informative mid-episode transition cards (like in aot) could go a long way. I'd love to just see a map with some location names and little info cards about political groups or whatever.
Mar 10, 2019 2:45 PM

Mar 2016
I want to live in an efficient little city-state run by Julia.

Too bad you'll never find a purpose in life
Harshest (and cutest) kick the can game ever.

I enjoyed this episode immensely.
syncrogazerMar 10, 2019 2:58 PM
Mar 10, 2019 5:03 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
I overall love the style & art of this series, especially the sound design, but i do wish the plane-to-plane communication had even just a *hint* of radio-mic acoustics to it (like in this ep when Reona was flying with the two mail planes). The ordinary-conversation-with-the-person-next-to-you audio at those times always trips me up for a second, like “wait are they in the same plane?” 😯
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Mar 10, 2019 6:37 PM

Aug 2015
Poor Julia. So the goofball Isao is the secret Hitler Hirohito of this world.
Really liked the biplane dogfight. Reminded me of the best scene from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Well Yufang sure did

That escalated quickly. So much for blonde Walt Disney...

Looking forward to see where this is going.
glassknucklesMar 10, 2019 6:56 PM
Mar 10, 2019 7:31 PM

Jul 2012
ProofByColor said:
Pretty cool. So the "hole" to Yufang or whatever is literally a portal that appears in the sky, and clearly there is and has been some organization that doesn't want people to know.

So, I've got a theory based on what we've got so far. I don't have any additional information, but I'm going to spoiler-block it anyway, for anyone who wants to avoid speculation.

Mar 10, 2019 7:39 PM

Sep 2017
CountZeroOr said:
ProofByColor said:

So, I've got a theory based on what we've got so far. I don't have any additional information, but I'm going to spoiler-block it anyway, for anyone who wants to avoid speculation.

That certainly sounds plausible. I suspect some of what you said has some truth to it.
Mar 10, 2019 7:54 PM

Apr 2009
the plane featured in this anime was the Yokosuka K5Y "aka tombo"
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Mar 11, 2019 6:26 AM
Jan 2019
I found it very funny that the silver-haired guy was trained with a machine gun on his flight ride. LOL. "Fuck, that's if it's from gangsters." 14 against 1. 6 fell. That guy is good. ... And I still do not understand much about the "holes".
I hope you bastard that bastard four eyes.
Mar 11, 2019 7:55 AM

Sep 2007
9 episodes in I can definitely say that if you don't mind the 3DCG then this series is pretty good. Dogfights look great, the switch between 2D and 3D is not that jarring and while watching this weekly makes me confused regarding the plot, I think I'll rewatch it when it finishes.

For now it looks like shit's about to hit the fan. The rest of the episodes should be fun.
Mar 11, 2019 7:59 AM

May 2018
Lol Kate's brother packing a gun.

is the guy who ransacked the bro's room the same shady guy from the group that tries to sell those fake paintings and stole the raiden?

This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Mar 11, 2019 3:48 PM

Apr 2012
They had such a comfy post-apo world and seems it'll be ruined (again) by general conflict pretty soon. But it is one way amongst others to reveal Kirie's personality.

Also
>translating akatombo/red dragonfly as red toddler
this is why you'll always be rubbish CR
Mar 11, 2019 4:02 PM

Dec 2009
WHY ARE THE 2D CHARACTERS SO WELL ANIMATED???
. . . The two kids swaying around saying "fura fura" were so smooth (full 24fps) like what even... The 3d girls are animated at 12fps... Honestly i'd have preferred if it was just entirely 3d lol. It does get easier to look at the more i watch.

Was really cool watching the superior maneuvrability of the biplane in action, of course the problem is being a bigger and slower target, so they did have a lot of plot armour.

What's with this wormhole type thing (that visually resembles parhelion)? The papers that freakazoid picked up in the hospital had a drawing of an einstein-rosen bridge... shit seems way out of place in the currently established world >.>
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 12, 2019 3:26 AM

Oct 2008
This episode was definitely not sublime! mediocre as its best.
3/5.

Mar 13, 2019 4:17 AM

Oct 2007
another good episode. Wow, Kylie showed some great skill playing dead. xD
Anyway, seriously now... that was really good flying by Kylie, and fancy shooting by Kate's brother. I bet they would have shot down more of those Shiden if they didn't run out of ammo.

Finally, we see the "hole". The mystery deepens....

Mar 20, 2019 10:14 PM

Jul 2017
Interesting they bring up a big plot point like these "holes to another world" so late in the season. I wonder if they're planning on a season 2.

Poor Kirie got stuck without her girls, but she chose to goof off, so it is what it is. At least she learned something interesting in the meantime.

Listening to two ojou-samas talk just makes my day. They're so freaking cute. Makes me want to drink tea or something.

Then we've got anime Brexit. I lol'd. Give up now, the establishment will never approve of your independence! This lady needs more than paper wads thrown at her though tbh, I haven't liked her attitude so far.

Will be interesting to see how this final arc progresses... Edit: or is this the final arc? Maybe I'm just assuming it's only 12 episodes...
Mar 21, 2019 10:17 PM

Aug 2018
I did not really like this episode, it brought too many things to handle : weird holes thing not really explained by Kate's brother, political issues at the council, the glasses pirate guy coming back on screen, the new threat for Ikesuka, etc.

Well I'm just hoping to have answers ! Does anyone know this anime's duration ? MAL does not say how many episodes will air...
Mar 29, 2019 11:41 PM

Jul 2016
So, there is a thing like a portal or wormhole which connects their world with... some place/world called Yufang. Interesting I must say but I'm not sure if it was really necessary to add something like that to the narrative.

Anyways, it wasn't my favorite episode but It sure was interesting to watch.
Jul 20, 2019 11:10 AM

Jul 2015
Well a hole to another world is a pretty important thing, they could have done some interesting stuff with that idea

Nov 20, 2019 10:06 AM

Sep 2018
Nothing to do, the CG can not give me pleasure, perhaps with better backgrounds would be more digestible the idea, however, the narrative, which turned out to be a mixture of Slice of Life and action, I liked a lot, especially the skirmishes aerial, great that part of the episode. In a sense this episode has rekindled interest in this anime series, even if it's almost at the end, oh well!
Jun 4, 2020 11:14 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its nice to see their daily lifes on holiday. Not for long before the story gone crazy again. Yufang holes might open, its good to see my hope become real. Especially with Kylie too, she know now what to do for her life, instead to set the goals only just flying. She want to go to Yufang. Im happy when this episode not bringing random activity. All of them linked so much to the main story, its great for the story development, and im pretty hype to see what will happen next. The battle might be great in the last 3 episodes. I pretty excited to see how this show ended.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2019

125 by Abeke »»
Mar 30, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2019

54 by BlaizeV »»
Jun 25, 2023 12:57 PM

Poll: » Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2019

32 by badabass »»
Jun 5, 2020 1:04 AM

Poll: » Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2019

31 by badabass »»
Jun 5, 2020 12:14 AM

Poll: » Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2019

25 by badabass »»
Jun 4, 2020 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.