Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2019 6:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, a dog showed up this episode and it's a friendly one
Haru's overreaction in the house was priceless.

It also looks like this episode is the autograph signing. Subaru should be more confident lol but it's good to see that he has fans. Seems like his readers enjoy his work so I'm glad to see Subaru's efforts not being wasted.

Nana showing up at the autograph signing was interesting.

Mar 6, 2019 9:38 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Everything about this episode was beautiful and heartwarming to me.

Haru missing Subaru.

Then came the signing, with every single customer i got more teary-eyed seeing how it affected Subaru's behaviour.

I was SO HOPING that Nana would come in and when she really did, i was incredibly happy. Subaru even called out loudly to her <3

His growth is immense, i'm super invested in him and seeing him get some happiness in his life is satisfying.
Mar 6, 2019 10:35 AM

Sep 2013
Subaru is getting more confidence in himself now.
It was so cute to see Nana go to the autograph signing, SubaruxNana all tha way.

It seems next episode we will have more Haru and Haru meeting.
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Mar 6, 2019 10:35 AM

Nov 2010
When he is like 'Finally finished this' and as a viewer you are like 'You have seen nothing yet, just wait until you see Harus rampage'. :D
Mar 6, 2019 11:34 AM

Dec 2014
ok the dog is so adorable... it is so hard for both of them to understand each other... but I think he is patient..if it were me I would have been so mad
Mar 6, 2019 11:39 AM

May 2016
I originally had my reservations with this, it started a slow and rocky ride (due to how the protag understandably (looking at it now) starts off--rather unlikable), but it's won me over these last few episodes. It's so sweet and I've come to love this so much.. And the development of both Haru and Subaru is done so well and is so enjoyable to watch unfold, especially in this episode with Subaru taking his first steps to actually interacting with broader society again, and being able to see the appreciation there is for his work. Not to mention Atsushi's constant prodding to make this all happen and his support for Subaru, that's been nothing but super heartwarming too.. And Hiroto worrying for him and constantly checking up on him, even when there's nothing in it for him with how shut-in Subaru was inside the shell he had made for himself. That's some actual friendship--being there for them and realizing the need and the problems even when they tell you otherwise. I especially love how this series has gone with a show-don't-tell method for these things, I feel like most others would have made some huge on-the-nose points about them by now, with an overly dramatic moment of realization and some quick, sudden redemption arc on Subaru's part.. and just be generally loud about them, but instead we watch WITH Subaru as he ever so slowly comes to realize their care and efforts for him as his character progresses and betters (to the point where he actually can), and as he in turn starts to show appreciation and do better for them. It's subtle and much more gradual and realistic (and also way more satisfying to watch unfold).

And I love the role of all the different elements in the story driving this change in him too; the introduction of a companion, in the form of a cat, who he can trust to always be there and act how he expects; his friend who's making sure he stays healthy and watches himself; his manager making sure he's active and not entirely isolated and lonely, and getting him to actually meet the fans he's accumulated; Nana, the acquaintance who's showing him what he's missing out on and showing him all the opportunities there are out there, outside of his isolation... Subaru had (and still has I'd say) some nasty depression, and this show has both managed to make that perfectly understandable in regards to his character AND has also managed to make it completely believable in how he comes to make progress in tackling it and getting out of it. His support network is more than strong, people are there rooting for him and backing him, but he's also starting to make the much needed effort himself. I know I'm ranting at this point, but this show is seriously underrated and deserves a lot of credit for how well it's tackled this--coming from someone who's had serious depression themselves.

This has quickly become one of my absolute favorites of the season and is the only show that's managed to bring me close to tears.. and it started off not even on my radar and up against more than fierce competition. What an amazing surprise this has become. And I really need that OST.
ZaugrMar 7, 2019 4:18 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2019 12:03 PM

Feb 2007
Oh, Haru, you were so close to realizing how much you missed the guy...

It was nice to see Haru trying to lead Subaru to food in a way very similar to leading her siblings in the past, signified by that same way she looked back at him to make sure he was following her. He truly has become her family.
Mar 6, 2019 12:47 PM

Sep 2011
Oh yes, the weekly doses of cuteness for the soul. To be honest I didn't like Haru's part all that much this time, but it was somehow endearing to watch her trying to deal with this newfound feeling of loneliness. But the autograph session part was as rewarding and beautiful as I expected.

I'm a bit sad that the only person close to Subaru who went there for it, besides Kawase who was with him, was Nana. But it's okay for a first time and there were moments which made it all worth it. Like the kid fan, his talk and gratitude towards Nana, and the way he thanked Kawase. Subaru can't change his past, but he can reach out for all of the warmth he has in his life right now. Beautiful.

Oh, and the dog next door is such a cute, good boy!
Mar 6, 2019 4:42 PM

Jun 2015
Can we get a segment for the good boy next door
Mar 6, 2019 5:37 PM

Nov 2016
Yeah Haru, it was just you being hungry....>_>

But I gotta admit that it was pretty amusing to see her on a rampage.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 6, 2019 5:58 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Haru missing Subaru was so cute. I love how she at the ended decided that her anxiety was because she hadn't eaten. xD

The signing was great, it really is nice to watch how Subaru realizes that all those simple gestures really make him happy. :)
I'm happy Okami stopped by, I so wanted it to happen and I'm glad it did. Subaru telling her thanks was great too. :)

saengdao said:

+1
Mar 6, 2019 7:02 PM
Jun 2017
Beautiful episode... i mean its a very heartwarming one and good vibes while watching it...
Mar 6, 2019 8:00 PM

Feb 2019
I wasn't at all surprised when she made a last-minute appearance since, duh! She and her bro are fans of his lol But him thinking Haru is his most valued possession is just awe-inducing.
Mar 6, 2019 10:47 PM

Feb 2018
Great episode , also the more i listen to the opening the more i like it , kind of like the music you listen to while cleaning your house or something .
Mar 6, 2019 11:52 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, this show just gets better and better!
Yet another very heartwarming and beautiful episode!

Haru’s constant worry for Subaru was very sweet to see this episode. Even the neighbor dog this episode was brilliant, I’d really love to see half an episode of things on his side! Haru denying loneliness to the very end was very tsundere-y xD but that’s what makes Haru all the more adorable!

Subaru’s part, on the other hand, was really pleasing to see too! Seeing his growth during the whole session and from the start of the show has been very touching and brilliant to see! Dat little moment with Okami-san was very nice to see too, cool to see Subaru muster up his courage and thank her in the end there! Editor-san was finally thanked too, great to see!

Lol @ that bit right after the ED though. “Hachi, ‘Ha’. Speaking of Ha, Haruuuuu!”, great stuff! Got to say, Cat Language sounds really tricky too, lol.

Absolutely looking forward to the next episode! Just three more episodes to go now, Thursdays are not going to be the same anymore. Hopefully, this show will end things on a high!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 7, 2019 1:17 AM

Oct 2008
so sweet that Oukami & Mikazuki met the last minutes before the event finished!
Haru almost wrecked the whole house! lolz
4/5.

Mar 7, 2019 1:25 AM

Mar 2017
This whole thing really made Subaru gain some self confidence.
Mar 7, 2019 2:06 AM

Jul 2014
An interesting change to the structure this episode, opening the episode from Haru's perspective for once. The autograph session was about as stressful for Subaru as he expected, but all things considered he handled it reasonably well. Also, it was a nice subversion to see Nana show up to the autograph session instead of her brother, and it was nice for Subaru that she showed up too. Haru's perspective wasn't as strong again, but seeing her struggle to deal with her feelings of loneliness was pretty cute (as was the image of her head popping out of Subaru's jumper sleeve).
Mar 7, 2019 3:31 AM

Mar 2016
I love the dog so much. He is so cute and sounds exactly how I imagine a dog would sound.

Haru was alone in the house. I am surprised how long she waited before destroying the house.

I was just waiting for Nana to realise Mikazuki sensei was Subaru.

Subaru's anxiety gives me anxiety. It is shown too realistically.

When Subaru met the child, it was like he met himself. I got kind of emotional during that scene.

Hiroto thought Subaru was dead. lol. Then he thought the sausages, conveniently shaped like the katakana 'ha', were a dying message. ハハハ
Mar 7, 2019 5:27 AM
Jan 2019
Without a doubt, it is the purifying anime of the season. I love.
What a good chapter. Somehow I was overjoyed to see Subaru enjoy the autograph session, something new for him, and reflect on it. I think there is a future between Subaru and Okami. I would love a relationship between the two.
PD: Now I see why my cat destroys things when I'm not at home. LOL

"Without realizing it, I ended up surrounded by warmth"
Mar 7, 2019 7:36 PM
Aug 2017
Haha, Ive always been weirded out by how this dog talks xd, but its cute at the same time. HARUUU CHAN MUST PROTECT!!
Mar 9, 2019 1:34 AM
Jul 2018
Do you know what's the best? Even science stated that cats are tsundere and sometimes just pretend to be indifferent to their owners. 😂
Mar 9, 2019 6:54 PM
Apr 2018
Haru is right; food is important.
Mar 9, 2019 7:16 PM

Jan 2008
Looks like the cat is finally out of the bag, so to speak.
Mar 11, 2019 1:59 AM

Jul 2016
that scene where subaru find the culprit lol
Mar 11, 2019 5:32 AM

Apr 2012
Damn that was a great episode.
I was really hoping Subaru would ask Nana out for some coffee or something before she left the bookstore. She probably would've said yes. I hope he musters the courage before the series ends.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 12, 2019 1:24 AM

Dec 2016
Man this show is adorable
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 18, 2019 2:09 PM

Jul 2016
I loved how Suburu is getting out and diong things.

SO great!
Mar 18, 2019 2:09 PM

Jul 2016
yay nana is back!!!!!!!
Mar 27, 2019 4:42 AM

Jun 2013
Glad to see Subaru going through with the book sign. That little kid who read his book several times was frikkin' adorable, so was the part where he thanked the Okami sister for supporting him.
臭い-
Mar 27, 2019 5:37 AM

Aug 2017
Damn, the character development is amazing.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 5, 2019 6:56 PM
Sep 2018
This series is an excellent example of why I hate dubbed versions, and only want to watch subbed Anime.

(Well, unless it's deliberate parody, such as Ghost Story.)

I cannot conceive of anyone else doing so well as Haru's voice.
I don't want to ever hear a different voice, most especially not one with an American accent.

That said, Episode 9.

Haru is such a tsundere!
"Nopers, wasn't lonely or concerned, just hungry. That's gotta be it."

Meeting with those who liked the story well enough to go to a signing, in the end, was very good for Subaru.
And... there was just no way Nana wasn't going to be there. Not a chance in the world. That was in the cards from word one. Horribly flustered, the two of them. Thankfully, their misapprehensions concerning the other after it was found out that he was the author of the work she and her brother had been raving about got cleared up before it caused a rift, and bonus points for forcing himself to shout out to her his thanks for her coming before she'd actually gotten out of the store.
And, yes, Atsushi knows him just well enough to realize what it meant when Subaru gave such thanks to him at the end. That's why Atsushi started to break down; this showed such a humongous step forward in Subaru's ability to deal with people.

Once again... I cried.
Apr 7, 2019 10:26 PM

May 2012
Really loved that ending and I was obviously expecting that to happen! Still nice to see it to be honest.

Looking forwards to see what's next.
Apr 20, 2019 7:31 PM

Jul 2016
Man, the dog next door is so adorable I really want a segment focus on him ♥

Good episode. The signing session was as awkward as I thought it would be but in the end, I'm glad Subaru is getting more and more confidence in himself with every new experience. The scene where he thanked the kid was absolutely heartwarming, by the way.
Mar 9, 2020 1:42 PM
Sep 2019
I am so proud of you Subaru!!
Jan 3, 2022 2:18 AM

Mar 2012
This may be my favorite episode. Subaru meeting the fans of his work turned out to be a very good thing for him. Thank you Kawase for suggesting it, for Subaru for trying it, and for the past episodes' build up that made him consider it uhuhu. The young fan short-circuiting after the handshake was adorable. Subaru thinking that he should show his appreciation more, I thought we would see him getting embarrassed after calling out to Nana with such a loud voice but it was okay (maybe he realized it a little later lol). Kawase getting emotional though T_Tb you did well (him thinking 'i have no idea what's going on between these two, i'm curious' was amusing haha)

Haru please play with Tarou sometime. That frame of her and Subaru sleeping together, adorable
Dec 17, 2023 12:07 AM

Mar 2014
Reply to Lelouch0202
Great episode as always.

Haru missing Subaru was so cute. I love how she at the ended decided that her anxiety was because she hadn't eaten. xD

The signing was great, it really is nice to watch how Subaru realizes that all those simple gestures really make him happy. :)
I'm happy Okami stopped by, I so wanted it to happen and I'm glad it did. Subaru telling her thanks was great too. :)

saengdao said:

+1

++1

Also is it just me or is he pretty much the dog from the pixar movie, Up? 😆❤️
purplemoon_Dec 17, 2023 12:18 AM
🌙

I wish you an ounce of luck
Mar 8, 6:53 AM

May 2020
Subaru having second thoughts about the signing ceremony 😅. Haru being worried about him 😹.

Subaru finally got a hold of himself and did the right thing as an author. But shouting thanks at Nana was unexpected 😅.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2019

92 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 9, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2019

36 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2019

34 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 7:19 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2019

29 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2019

49 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 3:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.