Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2019 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, I was expecting an action packed episode with the way this started but we got swimsuits instead lol. Even Girly Air Force can't escape the beach episode!

Also interesting that Kei saw Viper Zero this episode at the air base. Got to see more of Kei's past again. Idk, the episode felt kinda slow so pacing may pick up more next time.
Stark700Feb 28, 2019 8:50 AM
Feb 28, 2019 10:01 AM

Apr 2010
Well basically the point of this episode was that Miho has terrible taste in men.
Honestly the main is just your typical harem main absolutely clueless about woman and can't take a hint.
He also didn't realise he was talking to someone else when he was talking to F2.

If i am not mistaken the one at the end was a F-18?
The made it appear Russian but Russia's modern fighters are the SU-27 aircraft based on the SU-27 like the SU-33 or the MiG-31 which i a bit older, but none of those aircraft look like the one in the cliffhanger.
AversaFeb 28, 2019 10:10 AM
Feb 28, 2019 10:23 AM

Feb 2016
Aversa said:
Well basically the point of this episode was that He also didn't realise he was talking to someone else when he was talking to F2.

If i am not mistaken the one at the end was a F-18?

Of course he didn't recognize her. His boss did explain why he couldn't.

Yep, thats the F-18, called "Rhino" in the novels.
Feb 28, 2019 11:02 AM
Jul 2014
quick thoughts on this one:

This episode proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Xi are a hive mind. It's one mind controlling a swath of airframes which act as extensions of itself. That's the reason why the Xi could launch attacks into its own formations.

Viper Zero's status is actually important; it gives us a clue as to what the Xi are really like, and the reason for their disruptive capabilites (they're basically in a variable quantum state?) It's also a play on the F-2/F-16 itself, since the airframes are very similar.

Also, it's clear that they're compacting the story to save time (with a focus solely on USAF/USN/NATO/JSDF aircraft), hence the awful transitions in this episode.

Feb 28, 2019 11:07 AM

Feb 2007
Dude... So bad at understanding girls, it's no wonder he's gaining a harem here...
Feb 28, 2019 12:37 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Man the missiles used by the girls sure are really something. But using the enemy sams to destroy their own fighters sure was an effective tactic. Viper Zero's strike though was impressive. That sure is a lot of missiles that they are using on that base though. To be able to guide so many though Phantom's skills really are impressive. A trip to the beach was a perfect reward for the team. Seems Phantom has taken quite the liking for Kei. The insight into Kei and Minghua's relationship sure was insightful. The relationship advice though sure was amusing to see. So that was indeed Viper Zero then huh. Her form sure is rather curious. Kei really has a knack for saying the wrong things at the worst possible times lol. Looks like apart for Viper more new Anima will appear soon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2019 1:23 PM

May 2018
Whoa, that Anima of the Viper Zero looks like Mingua?????

Ya know Minghua should've have just dump that no good harem guy Kei, cu'z it looks like she ain't gonna be his bitch in the end .

There is that F18, no mistaking cu'z the gun port is on the nozzle and not besides the wings, another harem member for the guy????
Feb 28, 2019 2:44 PM

Mar 2016
This episode hit all the right notes, and was able to explain what it needed to while still being entertaining. Kei seemed very human in this episode despite his penchant for saying stupid stuff. Quite liked his chat with the researcher.
Feb 28, 2019 3:03 PM

Jul 2017
Dammit Kei, read the situation!

It was quite obvious that Viper Zero and Minghua bear much resemblance, but that's because of her unstable Anima abilities. The moment when she had to communicate using her phone is how things look different.

Pacing is still taking its own sweet time, but hoping that Viper Zero will bring something to the table.
Feb 28, 2019 6:44 PM
Mar 2017
It's good that Kei, Gripen and Phantom fulfilled their mission and destroyed the enemy base, although they had the help of Viper Zero, which improves things.
The best of this episode was to see the Animas in swimsuit ... damn, the most beautiful image we had, Phantom can be unpleasant, but she has a spectacular body, she has the perfect proportions and I love how she tempts Kei, besides looking glorious In that swimsuit, I imagined that Eagle would have a body with good curves and Gripen looked so cute and adorable playing on the beach.
Kei indirectly knows Viper Zero, but since Kei is the classic MC, dense and distracted, he assumes that she is Minghua, since she looked a lot like her friend, but even so there were details that said she was not his childhood friend.
It seems that in the next episode we will meet another Anima, I hope she has a better personality than Phantom when she joined the group.
Feb 28, 2019 7:33 PM

Apr 2011
Dammit, Kei! You're so stupid!

Not only you mistook FA for minghua but ended being a jerk to Minghua after you made up. smh.

Nice to see the operation was a success. Plus we get to see a nice but short beach fanservice. Also two new anima shows up. Its good to know its not just the trio we'll see.
Mar 1, 2019 12:10 AM

May 2015
Viper Zero dropping some bombs. It communicated via text instead of voice. Hmm....

You know...I never knew I wanted some Eurobeat with dogfights...until now...

Extra Large, Medium, and Petite. Phantom is an anima of culture.

Ok...I like Phantom. I like Phantom a lot. She's most likely going to end up as my favorite character of the season.

I feel sorry for Minghua...Kei always gotta run errands...

"Problems with your condition affect the combat power of autonomous flight unit #4. If left unfixed, this could threaten operational efforts." Lel beta hurts planes.

I love how they always show the "No Smoking" sign whenever Haruka is featured in the scene.

Viper Zero's appearance changes depending on who's looking at it? That's some weird technology. But that basically means she's a waifu in everyone's eyes lol. She talks via text though, which is cute but can be frustrating...

"There's no space in my brain for remembering girls I've broken up with." They're all Thots!

A new anima next episode...with blue hair. I wonder what kind of daughter she flies...
TarotistMar 8, 2019 10:52 AM
Mar 1, 2019 2:49 AM

Oct 2007
oh, Phantom understands that Kei is male... and being male he could be attracted to them because they look like girls. Large, Medium, Petite? Hmm, after seeing the good combination of Grippen and Kei... Phantom also wants a partner - you just have to accept Kei, she will show you some things. xD

Viper casually walking around the base. Her true form might be unknown, but she does have some fashion sense. A goth loli style dress + umbrella. Plus she also seems to be the mature type in thinking. Gave some good advice to Kei for solving the quarrel with Ming Hua. :)

Seems to be some more bonding time with Kei and the airplane girls next week.
Mar 1, 2019 5:08 AM

Oct 2007
Also noticed that Gripen seems to be becoming more human now. Looks like she told a joke about Kei getting to Okinawa in 30 minutes. xD

A big improvement from her personality in episode 1.
Mar 1, 2019 7:07 AM

Aug 2018
God, if I was Key, I would first be less dumb with Minghua 'cause he hurt her like crazy... boy look at that, she feels something for you, open your eyes lmao

However... Phantom playing the hottie was something you didn't expect when watching the previous episode (I think I said something refering to her "ice attitude" but this episode she kinda had a hot attitude - can't say it was a bad thing though - ).

Also, Viper Zero totally caught my attention, I like the fact she is a sort of unstable anima, unable to have a total presence in the world. Hoping to see her later (maybe she'll talk ? ).

And finally, the preview was intriguing, with - it looked like - a 5th anima with blue hairs this time ? Next episode seems to feature a kind of slice of life atmosphere... can't wait for next Thursday !
OtorezMar 1, 2019 8:47 AM
Mar 1, 2019 7:23 AM

May 2018
Well, the attack on that island ended rather fast thanks to the viper zero hahaha

This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Mar 1, 2019 2:37 PM

Aug 2018
Nemesis_Ranka said:
Well, the attack on that island ended rather fast thanks to the viper zero hahaha

I expected a longer battle as well but meh, for later probably. Even though I'm a bit scared : they introduced a new enigmatic anima & will introduce a total new one when there will only be 3 episodes left after next week. I hope they planned a nice battle 'cause for now we only had short ones (and not very epic eh).
Mar 1, 2019 11:32 PM

Oct 2008
So the fourth Anime girl is something like Mystique or a mirror image!? and is very unstable huh...
a lot of of Minghua screen time for this episode huh...
4/5.

Mar 2, 2019 2:37 AM

Sep 2010
I first thought Viper Zero was going to be a cold, calculating, combat pilot AI, but now she seems like the most interesting anima out of all of them. Plus she's capable of giving Kei some relationship advice.

Yashirodoori describes her as a 'mirror'... was there an old Japanese belief that gods resided in mirrors?

Was also striking how Minghua's hair color matched the aircraft's color, just like the others.

firemagnet said:
quick thoughts on this one:

This episode proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Xi are a hive mind. It's one mind controlling a swath of airframes which act as extensions of itself. That's the reason why the Xi could launch attacks into its own formations.

Viper Zero's status is actually important; it gives us a clue as to what the Xi are really like, and the reason for their disruptive capabilites (they're basically in a variable quantum state?) It's also a play on the F-2/F-16 itself, since the airframes are very similar.

Also, it's clear that they're compacting the story to save time (with a focus solely on USAF/USN/NATO/JSDF aircraft), hence the awful transitions in this episode.
Hm... and I thought the Xi were just being reckless with their surface-to-air missiles catching their own fighters in the blast radius, like that mission in Ace Combat 7. ...but if Xi fighters are cheap, very expendable, and remote-controlled, it makes sense.
Mar 2, 2019 8:19 AM

Nov 2016
Viper Zero is the ultimate waifu.

Pretty amusing episode again, the laid back segments are still carrying this series for me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 3, 2019 6:23 AM

May 2016
This episode hit all the right notes

1. Viper Zero and her user
2. Kei's sister is one tsundare waifu
3. Got to see a new Pilot
4. Swimsuit episode aswell.
Mar 3, 2019 7:02 PM
Jul 2015
I wonder how Viper Zero look to Gripen XD
Mar 7, 2019 6:56 AM
Mar 2018
I wish there was a sort of storyline to this thing. There are too many new characters and Gripen is completely useless. Don't get me wrong, I love her but she is really useless. Viper zero is interesting. I am watching it just because I started it.
Mar 7, 2019 7:43 AM

Aug 2018
What would be interesting is that we get to know how does Gripen is unable to pilot solo. I don't know if the answer will be revealed before/at episode 12...
Mar 7, 2019 8:15 PM

Mar 2009
Looked absolutely nothing like Minghua...
Mar 14, 2019 4:53 AM

Jun 2017
Yep, there it is, the long awaited swimsuit episode, this episode was OK because I saw two new additions to the cast.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Nov 14, 2019 6:36 AM

Aug 2018
I’m really growing to hate Kei, the episode wasn’t funny but rather painful. The only MC I can think of more brain dead than this clown was the jackass MC in Kämfers.
Jun 2, 2020 8:35 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Unbeliavable, they packed all of the three events in one episode only? Never expected to see some extreme pacing like that before, such a shame while i really need to enjoy all of the aerial battle on this show. Oh, well, guessed my expectation become too high to reach, very nice, then! What we get here? Oh right, three events, compacted and fully rushed comparing other episode on this show.

First, the Omidori (i believe this is true) island battle charged. While the preparations and another shit take a long ass journey, the final blow only get 1/3 part of the episode. Damn, such a bad decision and horrible direction there, i believe. Even with the new addition on Viper Zero aircraft can not satisfied me well. And then, Yes, ofc, Kei and Phantom win. No good feeling attach to the aerial battle, only, yeah, much blow, much explosion, and else. Only that.

After that shit, its about time we get a Fanservices time! Yeah, a bikiny parade for all of the girls. This shit is not necessary. And i can't believe myself in enjoying that scenery. Damn me! So, Phantom had a bigger breast than Gripen there? Not expected something like that because, yeah, Phantom always look flat while in the uniform. Thats my thought of this part, ohkay!

Then, the main resources, Minghua problem. Damn, this relationship can't attached well, because its lack of duration. Yet, with the explanations about Viper Zero true identity can't bring another vibes on this show. It is fully horrible episode beyond the direction and pacing. And ofc, poor Minghua too! I suppose to take this episode as Minghua time. But no. She never had a chance to get a nice development progress for her character. Rather than the default persona like a brat personality and rage-quited grandma characterization we see here. Such a shame!

Now i dont even care with the new character that reveal next. Just, need, more, battle!
badabassJun 2, 2020 8:40 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girly Air Force Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

99 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 27, 2023 10:53 PM

Poll: » Girly Air Force Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

56 by Curarpikt93 »»
Jun 16, 2021 11:24 AM

Poll: » Girly Air Force Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2019

18 by Curarpikt93 »»
Jun 16, 2021 7:20 AM

Poll: » Girly Air Force Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2019

45 by ResaloliPT »»
Feb 14, 2021 5:49 PM

Poll: » Girly Air Force Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2019

31 by badabass »»
Jun 2, 2020 11:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.