Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 13, 2019 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool to see an older, wiser cat this episode.

Once again, we are shown the lifestyle of cats and it's not an easy one. When they are out there, it's about survival. Pretty interesting episode.
Feb 13, 2019 9:57 AM
Apr 2016
deaths in anime can makes us cry even if its a kitten
Feb 13, 2019 10:07 AM
Oct 2018
Although this episode made me cry, I really enjoyed it. As a cat owner I always can relate to the things that are shown in each episode.
Feb 13, 2019 10:25 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
How do i even voice how i feel about this episode?

First of all, i got 3-gatsu no Lion vibes with the first half. What a family, i love all of them. Nana is precious, Yugo is incredibly polite and Roku is like a father figure to the little cats already. I love that he is voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda.

Subaru needs to be protected at all costs. As soon as he figured out that they are a fan of HIS novel, he couldn't deal with it from the embarassment. He needs to be with them, i don't care what anyone says, this is healing at its finest for him.

He's so loving and it actually hurts me a bit to see Subaru's state after all he went through so having people like this in his life...seriously gave me Rei/Kawamoto Sisters vibes.

Tsuda making cat noises, that's something i never knew i wanted, that had me laughing furiously.

The backstory for Haru, she actually found a cat couple that took them in and taught them how to survive <3 Haru already getting a sense of family there. But it can't always go right as a crow took her sibling's life.

Haru resting in Subaru's arms really had me smiling, it's just so heartwarming.

The music is in this episode was also a standout to me, props to the composer.

I didn't cry this episode, i was on the verge of it for three quarters of it but to me, this is one of the best episodes i've seen in anime, i write this as i am rewatching the episode. I knew i would like this series before the season started but it exceeds my expectations with how it handles family and this is shaping up to be one of the greatest healing series i've watched (Non Non Biyori, Aria).
Feb 13, 2019 10:26 AM

Sep 2013
Even tho I knew it was coming it still hurted me so much to see that little cat's death.

This is such a good anime, can't wait to see if Yugo will learn that Subaru is the author.

Also interested in all the new characters that we will see next chapter, was that Subaru's neighbour? I remember something about his neighbours having a daughter on highschool.
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Feb 13, 2019 10:32 AM

Sep 2015
FREAKING BIRDS!!!!
Feb 13, 2019 10:44 AM
Jun 2016
I love dinosaurs, but no hurting little kittens you beasts! Maybe thats why cats hunt them, for all the revenge!
Feb 13, 2019 12:03 PM

Mar 2017
Haru and her sibling's story was kinda emotional.
It feels great to see how Subaru is cherishing Haru more and more. And his interaction with Okami siblings is really necessary for him to heal his heart. Although he ended up running away of embarrassment knowing they like his novel.
Feb 13, 2019 12:06 PM
Jan 2019
What a moving chapter. I do not know why, but I'm relieved that the guy was Okami's brother. Subaru has an opportunity. Hahaha
Feb 13, 2019 1:17 PM

Oct 2008
So out of the five siblings, Haru is the eldest cat, the 2 young cats found some family to take care of them, but unfortunately there was 1 casualty that was fate and unlucky for that cat that died from the Karasu (crow), the other young cat (Hachi) ended up on Nana and of course, to Subaru...what a harsh ride for Haru indeed!
5/5.

Feb 13, 2019 2:06 PM

Nov 2011
How adorable was this towards the end of the episode???

Jesus Haru is so adorable!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 13, 2019 3:29 PM

Jun 2017
anyone crying while hugging their cat?
"Gradually Watermelon"
Feb 13, 2019 3:45 PM

Sep 2009
It still amuses me how they got veteran seiyuus to voice most of the animals in this series.
Feb 13, 2019 4:52 PM

Jul 2016
just another episode of cute cats doing cute things
Feb 13, 2019 5:05 PM

Dec 2014
Smudy said:

First of all, i got 3-gatsu no Lion vibes with the first half. What a family, i love all of them. Nana is precious, Yugo is incredibly polite and Roku is like a father figure to the little cats already. I love that he is voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda.

Subaru needs to be protected at all costs. As soon as he figured out that they are a fan of HIS novel, he couldn't deal with it from the embarassment. He needs to be with them, i don't care what anyone says, this is healing at its finest for him.

He's so loving and it actually hurts me a bit to see Subaru's state after all he went through so having people like this in his life...seriously gave me Rei/Kawamoto Sisters vibes.

Tsuda making cat noises, that's something i never knew i wanted, that had me laughing furiously.

The backstory for Haru, she actually found a cat couple that took them in and taught them how to survive <3 Haru already getting a sense of family there. But it can't always go right as a crow took her sibling's life.

I didn't cry this episode, i was on the verge of it for three quarters of it but to me, this is one of the best episodes i've seen in anime, i write this as i am rewatching the episode. I knew i would like this series before the season started but it exceeds my expectations with how it handles family and this is shaping up to be one of the greatest healing series i've watched (Non Non Biyori, Aria).

Well, you saved me from writing all this. XD
Lot of 3 Gatsu vibes in the first half for sure, this show really is shaping out to be something really special. :)
Feb 13, 2019 5:29 PM
Jun 2017
The episode is beautiful and sad especially on the Haru's side as it shows their struggle before some "families" adopted them. I just love how they have shown the past story of haru and her younger sister/brother.

Sad one for the kitten who have died...
Feb 13, 2019 5:43 PM
Jan 2016
This episode was fantastic!

As i hoped, Yugo is Nana's brother, and he looks a nice guy, they are Subaru's fans, sadly Subaru run away!

Haru backstory was beautiful and kinda sad, but i love that, principally other cats teaching Haru how to survive!

Haru resting in Subaru's arms was heartwarming!
Feb 13, 2019 7:12 PM

Mar 2016
Haha. The siblings were discussing Subaru's novel in front of him. I think anyone that has ever tried writing a story understands the embarrassment Subaru had felt.

Subaru's POV was too short this episode.

Haru's past is actually quite sad. Still, I am relieved that the two extra kittens had been adopted and not killed.

Haru saw something swinging, and immediately jumped to catch it. haha.
Feb 13, 2019 7:16 PM

Nov 2017
It's just only kittens, who's cutting onion here?
Sweet and heartwarming episode.

Feb 13, 2019 7:16 PM

Mar 2016
This anime was supposed to be my happy watch for wednesdays, so... Why am I crying again?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Feb 13, 2019 8:10 PM
Sep 2017
Talking about vibes, somebody else didn't have some ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA vibes, sorry i mean Daisuke Ono vibes with that scared cat Kuro.
Feb 13, 2019 9:01 PM

Jul 2009
YumiShinku said:

I would be except the little shit is off playing somewhere (i love him tho). Gonna have to cry on my own here
Feb 14, 2019 1:13 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Very heartrending and emotional episode, this!

Haru’s sure had it tough but it was very nice to see that he at least got to protect one of his yournger siblings. Nearly teared up there when one of the younger ones seemingly passes away though, screw those birds killing these adorable kittens. So it was a family of 5 initially and 2 of them were taken in be a loving ‘family’, that’s great to know! Sad to see the two senpais supposedly dying in battle too, rip they were very admirable no doubt! Cool old and wise cat there in the Oukami household there and xD his way of proving the little brother’s innocence there was hilarious! Subaru using his jacket to keep Haru warm and Haru, in response, hugging Subaru was very sweet to see! Loved it, and the glorious soundtracks of this episode was really great too! Lol @ Kawase’s new phone tag, Haru seems to have taken a liking to it.

Looking forward to seeing more of this! As a person who’s very fond of cats but has never had the pleasure of having one himself, this show is just perfect!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 14, 2019 1:52 AM

Jul 2014
Another good episode, but seeing Haru and Hachi's backstory again (albeit with a few extra details thrown in) felt kinda redundant, and this was probably the first time I was more interested in seeing more of Subaru's perspective than of Haru's.
Feb 14, 2019 3:45 AM

Sep 2011
Just as I expected Yugo was Nana's young brother, and he is a kind giant! Being petted by him like Roku was must sure be nice. lol I love that he said that Haru is kakkoi. xD

No, seriously, Subaru always wanted to share his books/stories/hobby with someone else, and now that he had the chance he got so flustered that he just ran away. Here's hoping for some sweet moments between them when the Okami siblings find out that he is the author behind the novel they like so much!

And this continues to warm my heart in ways I thought it wouldn't. With all the feelings of "family," "fate," and more. I'm really happy for Haru, and though it's still sad, at least only one of her siblings died while all the others were able to find a home, including her. The world isn't a kind place to strays, but at least she had two friends who guided and protected her when she was young. I hope they are fine.
Feb 14, 2019 6:48 AM

Jul 2015
YOUNGER BROTHER!? In other words... THE SHIP IS STILL ALIVE! I am happy. Thought that dude was her husband and / or boyfriend or something.

I was wondering what they were gonna do for the second half since Haru had begun her version of the episode so soon in. Wasn't ready for that backstory.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 14, 2019 8:11 AM

May 2012
wolfwing said:
I love dinosaurs, but no hurting little kittens you beasts! Maybe thats why cats hunt them, for all the revenge!

Hhahaha this totally reminded me of Haikyuu's Battle At The Garbage Dump - Karasuno vs Nekoma! And wow! my favorite VAs Daisuke Ono and Tsuda, Kenjirou voicing those cats!!!!! Fangirl mode! Its kinda funny though since everytime Tsuda, Kenjirou talks in that cat character of his, i am imagining his Ogata character in Golden Kamuy. I sort of miss Golden kamuy already after hearing his voice here!
Feb 14, 2019 9:38 AM

Mar 2018
Ugh that frame of the 5 kittens all looking up.

I'm a little confused though - was the apparently dead one the one that was later adopted by Nana, or was that the one that went missing? Also man the dead kitten part was horrifying

Kitten statuses-
Haru: Adopted by Subaru
Hachi: Adopted by Nana
Kitten 3: Adopted by picnic family
Kitten 4: Adopted by picnic family
Kitten 5: Presumed dead? Or missing?
Feb 14, 2019 3:50 PM

Jun 2017
Inugirlz said:
YumiShinku said:

I would be except the little shit is off playing somewhere (i love him tho). Gonna have to cry on my own here

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
"Gradually Watermelon"
Feb 14, 2019 5:05 PM

Nov 2017
This is such an underated show of the season. The slice of live elements, the heart, the gentle comedy and the surprising depth to its characters combines to make such a treat to watch. I loved seeing more of Haru's backstory, heartbreaking as it was, and the positive messages about family and finding your people is really hitting me hard.
Feb 14, 2019 6:18 PM
Jan 2015
llamathrust109 said:

I'm a little confused though - was the apparently dead one the one that was later adopted by Nana, or was that the one that went missing? Also man the dead kitten part was horrifying

Kitten statuses-
Hachi was the one that was missing and Nana adopted him.
My Queens

Feb 14, 2019 6:19 PM

Jun 2015
yeah uh can i get another season of this, 6 more episodes of this wont cut it for me
this is adorable and i love the exploration of not only subaru, but haru.
Feb 15, 2019 5:17 AM
Apr 2018
what can be learned from this anime is that life is very difficult
Feb 15, 2019 8:21 AM

Mar 2016
Almost made me cry. If they had stayed in that cam for a few more second I'd have cried for sure. Now i know how one of then died. And I'm glad to see that the other 2 are safe for now.
Feb 15, 2019 2:06 PM

Apr 2016
AsT5 said:
deaths in anime can makes us cry even if its a kitten

Especially if it is a kitten
Feb 15, 2019 3:46 PM

Apr 2012
Tora nee-samaaaaaaa!!!

Nachtwandler_21 said:
It still amuses me how they got veteran seiyuus to voice most of the animals in this series.
Yes the Toyoguchi and Ono duo was music to my hears. Felt like Tsuda had more lines too.
Feb 15, 2019 9:39 PM

Apr 2012
My heart dropped when I saw box full of them.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 16, 2019 8:00 AM

Dec 2014
cat story was adorable...nice
Feb 16, 2019 6:13 PM
Nov 2010
llamathrust109 said:

Kitten statuses-

Correct. Fifth passed away due to crow attack. I guess he / she shielded his / her brother before the (and possibly during the attack) as you see black feathers shrewn everywhere.

That being said, the show feels very Ginga Nagareboshi Gin / Chi's Sweet Home, and I personally could just go on with Haru's story throughout the rest of the series, however that being said Sabaru must learn to grow to as he as well lost his family due to his self-indulgence in books and the lack of desire to go be with and hang out with his family.

Had he done it maybe he too would of passed away, maybe not. Fate is funny like that. I just hope that the story focuses on both as many "A Growing Up" -type anime that deals with not only the loss of love ones but also focuses on acceptance that they are in a better place now.
KorokunFeb 16, 2019 6:17 PM
Feb 16, 2019 10:11 PM

Dec 2018
shiro_kai said:
FREAKING BIRDS!!!!

I bet the person who put the kittens in the box and left in the park is definitely an angry birds fan.

FREAKING BIRDS!!!!
Feb 17, 2019 1:50 AM

Dec 2016
I really loved this episode which had Haru's backstory
But whenever Kuro-san spoke Erwin's face kept popping up in my mind since they are both voiced by Ono Daisuke XD
Feb 17, 2019 3:51 AM

Jan 2008
I don't feel so bad anymore about seeing crows get killed and eaten in the city by other birds of prey like owls or hawks. Crows are also a pain when they get in the trash and make a mess. I'm all of sudden in the mood for some pie.

At least we now know the rest of the litter were adopted, so that's comforting at least. I wonder what happened to the one-eyed black cat and Tora. ...Speaking of Tora, I see crunchyroll is taking a piss with the subtitles again with "Miz"...they can at last spell it correctly.
Estoy_GordoFeb 17, 2019 3:56 AM
Feb 18, 2019 4:38 PM

Dec 2016
An episode mostly focusing on Haru, pretty good
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 19, 2019 8:57 AM

Dec 2017
rebelakuma said:
wolfwing said:

Hhahaha this totally reminded me of Haikyuu's Battle At The Garbage Dump - Karasuno vs Nekoma! And wow! my favorite VAs Daisuke Ono and Tsuda, Kenjirou voicing those cats!!!!! Fangirl mode! Its kinda funny though since everytime Tsuda, Kenjirou talks in that cat character of his, i am imagining his Ogata character in Golden Kamuy. I sort of miss Golden kamuy already after hearing his voice here!
Did you mean Seto Kaiba's voice? lol
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 20, 2019 8:20 AM

May 2012
electromagneto said:
rebelakuma said:

Did you mean Seto Kaiba's voice? lol

I think VA Tsuda, Kenjirou also voiced Seto Kaiba in Yu☆Gi☆Oh! but I am not really that much a fan of Yu☆Gi☆Oh!. So his voice acting role in Golden Kamuy as Ogata left a much more impression to me. His role here now as a cat (lax and kinda lazy to add ) fits him too :)
Feb 20, 2019 1:01 PM

Aug 2017
THE CATS ARE NAMED HACHI AND ROKU WTF HACHI ROKU THIS IS THE BEST REFERENCE OF ALL TIME
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2019 3:18 PM

Nov 2016
Smudy said:

Bester Mann xD

It was really a great episode, I'm pleasantly surprised how this show is shaping up to be something special.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 20, 2019 4:19 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
4kicks said:
Speaking of Tora, I see crunchyroll is taking a piss with the subtitles again with "Miz"...they can at last spell it correctly.

“Miz” can be used as a (very) informal, slang or regional version of “Miss”, typically by the troublemaker/punk/greaser-type school kid in reference to their teacher, etc in just about any US teen movie or TV show. So it can work in this case.
Think about the difference between the ways Bart & Lisa Simpson say it (Miz Krabappel; Miss Hoover) for a good example =)
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Feb 21, 2019 5:37 PM

Jan 2008
gappasaurus said:
4kicks said:
Speaking of Tora, I see crunchyroll is taking a piss with the subtitles again with "Miz"...they can at last spell it correctly.

“Miz” can be used as a (very) informal, slang or regional version of “Miss”, typically by the troublemaker/punk/greaser-type school kid in reference to their teacher, etc in just about any US teen movie or TV show. So it can work in this case.
Think about the difference between the ways Bart & Lisa Simpson say it (Miz Krabappel; Miss Hoover) for a good example =)

Okay. And then you have "Bubby" in place of Onii-chan/bro/or what have you, in the next episode. Slang doesn't make it correct.
Feb 21, 2019 9:15 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
4kicks said:
gappasaurus said:

Okay. And then you have "Bubby" in place of Onii-chan/bro/or what have you, in the next episode. Slang doesn't make it correct.

True, but slang by its nature is intrinsically incorrect, and intentionally making use of it in any literary context is purely a stylistic choice. It fits the situation, i actually enjoy it being used. Tora is a tuff, streetwise cat who’s seen some junk, so i cant picture her being addressed by a more formal title like Sempai or even “Miss”, and she doesn’t seem to be the “just call me Tora” type, so “Miz” seems kinda appropriate. It’s like using contractions: NOT using them would be more proper, but people don’t actually talk like that 😅
As far as “bubby” goes, yeah thats a bit more esoteric and seems kinda weird (and i left a comment as such, lol) but to each their own i guess. It all comes down to personal preference. 🙂
gappasaurusFeb 21, 2019 9:35 PM
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2019

92 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 9, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2019

36 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2019

34 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 7:19 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2019

37 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2019

29 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 4:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.