Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Feb 12, 2019 7:19 AM

Jul 2009
It's decent so far. I'm not bored and it's at least offering some heart-pumping moments.

I think my biggest complaint is that I find it hard to believe that a 6 year old is that smart. Or that these 11 year olds are that smart. Oh wait, they did just explain some unnecessary details to Don and Gilda. So I guess they're just stupid when the plot demands it. Ray's motivations seem pretty vague right now too. Pacing wise it could also be a bit better in places, I guess they aren't actually going to leave until the final episode.
Feb 12, 2019 8:48 AM
Jul 2018
Ah don't you people judge poor Don. Don and Hilda and the others are actually children of their age. Norman, Emma and Ray are those, who are mentally much older and above the others.

Feb 12, 2019 9:14 AM

Aug 2017
YamEnele said:
A-K-A said:
I didn't thought that this anime deserved all the praises it got, for me it was a good anime but not a masterpiece... that is before I watched this episode

and read the manga! it's more amazing than the anime adaptation.
Yeah I know everyone that has read the manga is saying that x)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 12, 2019 9:17 PM

Oct 2008
And the intense suspense continues!
Don is stupid! He'll only makes things messier!
5/5.

Feb 13, 2019 7:52 AM

Feb 2018
I really don't like Don and Gilda.
Feb 13, 2019 5:01 PM

Apr 2018
Never suspected Ray to be the spy! Wonder what happened to Don and Gilda who went into Mama's room
Feb 13, 2019 8:17 PM
Jul 2018
And here we see another case of children being easy to manipulate.
Feb 16, 2019 6:42 PM

May 2016
Norman cleverly pulled the rug under Ray by not trusting him a hundred percent and giving him a false tip to fall for. It was initially just a really one-sided confrontation but Ray embraced this turn of events and revealed that he's been going at this for years now and he's doing it both for him and his friends. They made a compromise but I wonder if Norman will actually go against Emma's wishes.

To make it less awkward for Norman, Ray just straight up confessed that he's the mole among them to Emma. She showed her really trustworthy and optimistic side as usual but it immediately became really unsettling when she asked about how many of his friends he'd sent away early thanks to his tinkering. That gullible side is definitely a front to how perceptive she is.

Don is as impulsive as always and someone's about to enter Mom's room before ending it with a very intense cliffhanger. I hope that it's Emma and the others because I forgot.

Feb 17, 2019 11:37 PM

Dec 2018
It's been 6 years since Ray's been Mama's spy huh? I wonder how he found the secret. How he's been hiding for such a long time is wild. Imagine how much emotional turmoil that must be for him up to his age. He shows himself pretty neutral at this point, but he probably wants Norman to survive the most.

Don you had one job which was to NOT go in there! But hey, we'll get to find out what's in the secret room. I know it's reasonable for Don to act that way but... I hope he and Gilda don't get caught by Mama.

Considering they're all kids makes me amazed by how calm and rational they're being.
Feb 24, 2019 3:52 AM
Aug 2018
The thing which is bothering me the most is the question that Norman couldn't complete when he was talking to Ray . Also during the episode the scene in which there is complete silence norman seemed terrified after something. Following it normans nightmare was kinda scary. Stupid things done by gilda and don. Hating the cliffhanger.
But overall a superb episode -4/5
Mar 7, 2019 8:49 PM

Jul 2016
norman is too damn smart for his age, finding out ray was 'it' in such an elaborate way.
that laugh though
psycho ray is cool, kinda sounded like he said he was mama's spider (i know it's spy but spider sounds better) and hol the fuk up - so you're telling me he's been working for mama like he was her own child since he was 5 years old? How In The Hell did he even have the mental capacity to become a spy at that age

anime logic
Mar 20, 2019 9:28 PM

Apr 2014
-Spy for six years. Lol ok. Even if functionally he acted as a spy back then, I'm not certain if he would be aware that he was acting as one. In any case, there's clearly an endgame reward that Ray bargained with Isabella for, but will he attempt to have his cake and eat it too?

-Emma knows what's up. She may be optimistic and idealistic, but she's aware of reality and the costs. She knew Ray had to have sacrificed in order to gain his knowledge.

-Norman is definitely not agreeing to Ray's condition, but he couldn't have said otherwise without making Ray an adversary, which would kill the entire plan. Rather, he maintained Ray's trust to the extent that he could by saying that he wanted him to escape with them and that he was still a friend. I can see him probably creating a contingency plan to trap Ray though when it comes time to escape so that he'd be forced to help everyone rather than betraying or escaping by himself.
Mar 29, 2019 7:43 PM

Aug 2016
Idk, I really can't grasp a six year old going to Mama and striking a deal.
Mar 31, 2019 6:50 PM
Jul 2011
So Ray is a spy, not a traitor.... another plot twist!
I can`t believe that Don is going to ruin everything just because he can`t keep his cool.... I hope it`s no mama behind that door
Apr 14, 2019 1:49 PM

Mar 2016
Well, this ep surely got some big revelation and plot twists...

Don was actually innocent, that alone is clear.

And so Rey was the traitor all along, and not just any traitor. He has been mom's spy for over 6 years. But yet again, it's revealed that he was a double agent. Acting as mom's spy while actively trying to find a way for them to escape, no matter the cost. No matter who they need to leave behind. Rey is neither bad nor good. But sending both Emma and Norman to see the truth back in ep 1 does suggest that he cares about his friends. At least the closest of his friends. Who knows how many other children he benefited from just so he could advance with his escape plan.

Within 2 eps, the story has seemingly turned the trios' relationship from 3 BFFs into 3 friends with trust issues. The plot twist wasn't bs too and actually felt real, so that's some great stuff here.
Apr 28, 2019 1:21 AM

May 2013
Damn, this is getting so good. It's either the Top 3 checking in bc they knew this would happen, or it's Sister Krone. I don't think it's big dog Mama yet. Slight possibility but nah? Too early? Haha
Apr 28, 2019 5:04 PM

May 2017
So Ray is the chaotic of the trio, trying to save only his own butt and his close friends, Emma is lawful and wants to save all kids even if its impossible and Norman is in the middle of those 2 and has to find a solution to this mess lol

But ye good episode, Kinda a dumb move by Don and Gilda at the end tho
May 1, 2019 4:50 PM

Feb 2013
It's a bit hard to trust Ray now but I can understand why he did all that.
May 5, 2019 1:54 AM

Apr 2015
If only had I not seen certain spoilers...
May 30, 2019 5:09 PM

May 2012
That's some nice character development! And what an ending. Let's see what's next!
Jun 15, 2019 9:17 AM

Mar 2015
Woah Ray was the mole! Hopefully it all works out, I like how it's starting to get intricate but we still aren't lost.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 24, 2019 9:37 PM

Dec 2018
They have it the wrong way around, instead of trying to escape they should consider a takeover!
Overpower the caretakers and utilize the equipment at the house to gain access to the gateway and vehicle.
BallistoJun 24, 2019 9:58 PM
Jul 31, 2019 6:50 AM

Oct 2015
Poor Don getting trashed because he doesn't have the mental strength that the main 3 possess. He has the most normal reaction lol.

Emma is the idealist of the group, Ray is the realist and Norman is a kind of a mix of the two. Norman isn't actually all that different from Ray in the sense that both are operating under their self-interest. For Ray it's self-preservation and for Norman it's making Emma happy which in turn makes him happy. The noblest goals seem to be Emma's but it's a gamble. Her ways have the potential the yield the best results (everyone surviving) but also can end up producing the worst results (no one surviving). Ray's is the low risk low reward way and it seems to make most sense pragmatically but isn't very altruistic.
Sep 18, 2019 2:12 AM

Jul 2014
After this episode I really hope Don dies. It's incredible how much a single episode could make me hate a character.
Oct 1, 2019 4:27 PM

May 2018
Ray is no longer trustworthy, and Don and Gilda are going to get themselves caught and shipped off to be demon dinner. This just became a hot mess.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Oct 29, 2019 9:11 AM

Oct 2013
Norman and Ray are playing some 7D chess over here. I know an orphanage of prepubescents is mandatory to the setting... but are these kids really 11?

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 3, 2020 5:36 PM

Nov 2012
Enryu231 said:
The hell, they removed flashback scenes in this episode, seeing 6 years old Ray making deal with Mama was the best part in the manga

I really wanted to see how Ray found out and him making his deal, hope we'll see that later.

I'll have to read the manga :3
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jan 6, 2020 2:52 AM

Jul 2015
Don....how many times have you been told not to lose your cool...don't you realise that the risk of getting caught for an uncertainty of getting to know Conny's location is too high

Well this could have sort of been prevented if our three mains just told Don and Gilda that the children get killed and eaten but I guess that will bring a different problem

Jan 21, 2020 3:42 AM

Nov 2019
Hyuno said:
They have it the wrong way around, instead of trying to escape they should consider a takeover!
Overpower the caretakers and utilize the equipment at the house to gain access to the gateway and vehicle.

Low-key was thinking this too. Maybe I'm one that leans towards more emotional ways of dealing with things without thinking the whole situation through, but why don't they just kill the Moms in the morning and make their escape? I remember there being a scene were mom kinda does a nightly check in to assure the demons that everything's running smoothly, but if they killed the moms in the morning and flea they'd be over that wall and gone by the time the next check in call is needed (seeing as I'm assuming it's a nightly thing).
Feb 6, 2020 3:57 AM
Mar 2018
I was in love with this episode, I had my suspicions about him from episode 3, but I didn't think I was right!

Feb 7, 2020 10:07 PM

Jul 2013
So Ray really is Isabells spy. The whole conversation with Norman was on such high thrilling lvl. All these trust issues, the betrayals, usage of different people. Crazy to think that Norman had Ray under suspicion. And these face expressions looked good at least to me, very fitting for the whole scene.

I'm absolutely not sure what to think. It's true Ray said he's not an enemy but also no ally. He also told Norman to betray Emma and leave the younger kids in the last second. But why did he tell in front of Emma that he was the spy all along and that he wants to rescue everyone? At the moment I can't tell what's true or false about his statements.

I hope Normans nightmare won't come true. For me personally Don is the biggest risk. Why the actual fuck did he and Gilda enter Isabells room? They can't be so dumb. What a cliffhanger at the end.

Mar 8, 2020 8:26 AM

Nov 2019
This anime will give me a heart attack
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Apr 23, 2020 7:39 PM

Jul 2013
Man I don't know what to feel about Ray right now. Anyway, I knew the more of those kids who know the truth, the greater the risk. Maybe if they just told Don and Gilda the real truth, that Conny is dead and about the demons who eat kids like them, then maybe he wouldn't have tried to get to that secret room to rescue Conny.
Apr 27, 2020 4:51 AM

Mar 2020
lol i forgot how annoying Don is
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
May 29, 2020 10:03 PM

Jan 2014
i liked the twist with ray! but it is so hard to believe that ray was only 6 when he decided to be a spy... the mental age of those three is far beyond 11, which really prevents any sort of immersion in the series imo

and yet i find don and gilda so frcking annoying in comparison, even though theyre just acting their age lmao
Jun 8, 2020 4:49 PM
Apr 2018
Lmao, I don't think Don and Gilda are busted but I'm sure those two will be among the first wave of killed.

Ray being a spy for 6 years is kinda too much but I'm willing to overlook it. Btw, what year is it? In Mama's room, the calendar says 2045 but I'm pretty sure Ray said at one point 2015, though I don't remember the context
Sep 8, 2020 9:38 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
lol the books were cemented to the bookcase, that would obviously make it the hidden door XD
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 28, 2020 12:16 PM

May 2015
MAMA IS COMING!!!!!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 12, 2020 2:27 PM
Jul 2020
I’m gonna admit, RAY IS SO COOL. Like dang. I agree with Ray and Norman that they can’t save everyone.
Dec 11, 2020 5:52 PM

Jul 2017
Ray's character is clouded in mystery, and despite his promise to Norman to help him and Emma and provide all the info he can whenever he interacts with Isabella as the spy, Norman has to make sure that only the three of them, Don and Gilda escape and leave the others behind due to the probability of everyone escaping is incredibly minimal. The whole interaction there was pretty intense and even after the deal, you just don't know what exactly Ray is thinking since he is the kind of character to betray even that information to the mother of the orphanage, Isabella.
Dec 29, 2020 11:09 PM
Apr 2020
Oh so Ray is acting as a double agent.

Jan 12, 2021 1:11 PM

Apr 2020
Don is so damn unstable!!! Fucking hell, chill man. And he is fucking banging the damn door with potentially Mama hearing them.
--AbiSa--
Jan 28, 2021 7:25 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, its understandable. They both really just wanted to be survive under that 'demon' invasion circumstances. Many risks, many ways they've through. Isabella worked under a caretaker and hasvester for their fuckin food. And, Ray, 6 years worked under the shadows of Mama Isa, for the sake of the future designated time to escape: Norman, and Emma arrival. Guess he was more than 12 years with that conditions, and thats why he was a smartass. . Fuckin hell boy Ray actually the smartest among the trio kids. 6 years old kid dealing the deal against the adult? Then, its really intriguing me to death already, lmao .... Once again, a clear motivations from both side.

However, that previous day, actually a mess. Gladly Ray covered it up nicely by serving as a double face shepherd dog for Mama Isabella again. He told Norman another cruel plan, sacrificial matter would be the only way. Still, by seeing how mad reaction Emma was, i guess it will be served into another blunder. Or Norman may used the plan to sacrificed himself....

Despite that, they learnt Mama secret room, and might try some strategy over that revelations. Unfortunately, once again, another mess arouse. Don impatience, and Gilda curiosity, destroyed the previous conversation matter. Ah, Norman, he was so fucked up this episode. I hope nothing bad happened to those kids, at least for the next turn. Lets see the truth....
badabassJan 28, 2021 7:37 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 12, 2021 12:50 PM

Aug 2018
Norman is damn clever when it comes to making risky decisions on spot, his deal with Ray and the whole dialogue between them makes time fly by so fast when watching episode.

One has fantastic itelligence and the other awesome logical thinking making them a deadly duo if they join forces, not to disrespect Emma in any way but she is mostly the voice and charisma of the whole group.

Great episode and final moments before next one overall
Oct 23, 2021 11:11 AM

Jun 2016
Ray appears to have Norman right in the palm of his hand. Can he really be trusted with that "I did it for our escape" line of thinking? Somehow I don't buy it completely.

Emma is kind of freaky when she's mad. Norman is also starting to fear their situation and the possibility that everyone could die, especially regarding Ray's words about the little ones being burdens to their escape plan.

Another cliffhanger, huh. Even if done right and in this shows case a necessity, I still despise the existence of cliffhangers.

Nov 5, 2021 9:28 AM

Jun 2020
Straight up just confessing to Norman's face I see his confidence is on point seems like he's on a more neutral side

Now seeing it in person it does fit with his stoic personality, Yeah Emma didn't take it too easily and she looks concerning, to be honest

Hope that no one does something stupid as I expect from Don and yeah trouble is coming in.
Jan 27, 2022 10:15 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Deadass that felt no longer than 5 or 6 minutes. This anime is near-flawless

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 10, 2023 3:07 PM
Aug 2022
WMR said:
lol exactly my thought.
Jun 29, 2023 9:28 PM

Aug 2016
iloathesasuke said:
WMR said:
lol exactly my thought.
XD I stand by my comment lol
Aug 17, 2023 4:29 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.