Forum Settings
Forums

the one anime you think everyone should watch

New
Feb 3, 2019 4:07 PM

Oct 2017
of course of course there is no work that everyone should watch or would enjoy

BUT

for the sake of imagination - and sharing stunning recs on the thread - tell us the one show that is so fantastic you think everyone should at least try watching, and why that is

it can only be one show! otherwise it'd be too easy :p
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 3, 2019 4:08 PM

Jul 2017
One Room or if you're into that gay shit Room Mate

Try saying anime is a mistake after that
Feb 3, 2019 4:15 PM

Feb 2018
Detroit Metal city. So that many people can enjoy a good anime comedy.
Feb 3, 2019 4:24 PM

May 2018
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari. Besides being artsy as fuck and simply beautiful, it's an incredible tale that really put one's to think about what life really is, and perceive consequently how suffering, pain and misery are intrinsic to existence.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Feb 3, 2019 4:27 PM

Oct 2013
Feb 3, 2019 4:36 PM

Jun 2017
That'd probably be Ping Pong the Animation.

Although it has a pretty high score and it's quite popular, it's a shame the art in the series seems to put some people off. I do not consider the art style "ugly" at all, it's unique and super expressive

, it's so hard you'd ever forget the characters or the most important scenes, and apart from that, the story is just beautiful, exciting as very few and probably one of the few truly psychological sport anime out there.

Feb 3, 2019 4:41 PM

Feb 2015
*looks at completed list sorted by score*
*sees lotta trash*
Hmm... if I really had to go with something, it'd be that Nekopara ova so that they can get baited by cute waifus since nothing's more important than that.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Feb 3, 2019 4:46 PM

Jul 2016
For the Hell of It, "Konohana Kitan". It's extremely calm, relaxing, and fun, and even includes Japanese myths. Definitely not a typical moe show, although it does have moe moments. I want to say New Game!, but New Game! is definitely moe so it's a little less universal.

Feb 3, 2019 4:49 PM
Feb 3, 2019 4:50 PM

Jan 2017
mifti said:
of course of course there is no work that everyone should watch or would enjoy

BUT

for the sake of imagination - and sharing stunning recs on the thread - tell us the one show that is so fantastic you think everyone should at least try watching, and why that is

it can only be one show! otherwise it'd be too easy :p

I'd say Spirited Away because it's a nice movie and it's suitable for all ages. I think everyone should at least try it.
you're cool
Feb 3, 2019 5:52 PM
Aug 2016
JaredLopez said:

Although it has a pretty high score and it's quite popular, it's a shame the art in the series seems to put some people off. I do not consider the art style "ugly" at all, it's unique and super expressive

, it's so hard you'd ever forget the characters or the most important scenes, and apart from that, the story is just beautiful, exciting as very few and probably one of the few truly psychological sport anime out there.

^pretty much this
It's truly a pity that such an expressive and oddly humane series is ignored by so many people because of its art style.
Feb 3, 2019 6:37 PM
Baka
Jan 2008
Monster, it's a classic and definitely should be watched.
Feb 3, 2019 6:57 PM
May 2016
non non biyori and non non biyori repeat, was just such an overwhelmingly joyous and moving experience for me, and i'd love to see other people have that same experience as me, because i know firsthand how beautiful it is, and i think it can have a really deep, positive effect on people
ShiroanonFeb 3, 2019 7:00 PM
Feb 3, 2019 7:03 PM

Feb 2012
Naruto, maybe without fillers. It got way more people watching than some f-art titles.
Feb 3, 2019 7:08 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
To LOVE-Ru. Best girls, best fanservice, wears being a harem&ecchi on its sleeve without coming off as pretentious about having any kind of semi-self-aware identity, and it has such an energetic and confident way of carrying itself. I'm absolutely in love with it and have been since I watched it.

It's pretty much what I'd consider to be the best of the best in what's far and away my favorite type of series, so hey, it makes the most sense to me. Usually making a rec involves taking the other person into consideration a lot more, but if it's all about me like this thread sets up, I know that's definitely going to be my answer xP

Feb 3, 2019 7:15 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
None, because people should watch what they want to watch.

Feb 3, 2019 9:23 PM

Jul 2014
I'd choose Black Lagoon. Its got great characters, great animation, great action, and a bunch of great story arcs.
Feb 3, 2019 9:24 PM
Nov 2018
Definitely you should watch mob Psycho season 2.. it's very epic and the characters are such fresh
Feb 3, 2019 9:26 PM

May 2017
Full Metal Panic

Because why not?

It’s Chidori.
Feb 3, 2019 9:26 PM

Jun 2015
NANA
that's all i have to say because its amazing and i cant simply describe it
Feb 4, 2019 12:19 AM
Nov 2018
While it's not the best show I reckon Hanasaku Iroha. It has a nice message, and is overall entertaining
Feb 4, 2019 12:37 AM

Mar 2016
Prisma Illya. Masterpiece. Better than CItizen Kane and The Godfather.
NANACHO FOR PRESIDENT
Feb 4, 2019 12:41 AM

Jun 2015
mushishi-its super comfy, great to watch before u go to sleep each night, and overall beautiful
Feb 4, 2019 12:44 AM
Jul 2018
Vecko said:
Prisma Illya. Masterpiece. Better than CItizen Kane and The Godfather.
This person knows what's up. No point in replying anymore.
Feb 4, 2019 12:51 AM

Aug 2017
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Neon Genesis Evangelion and The End of Evangelion.

Everyone should watch!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 4, 2019 1:45 AM

Jun 2016
If you haven't seen Bebop or Evangelion what are you even doing here
Feb 4, 2019 2:25 AM
Mar 2018
If I had to choose my favourites it would be claymore, especially for someone whose a bit disappointed in Berserk's adaption, in some ways it's like it's mixed the golden age arc with the black swordsman arc, there's nothing like lost children in it though.

If it wasn't already super popular BNHA, everyone is already watching it though. It's very much got the DNA of a typical shonen but particularly after season 2 it's got an interesting nuanced take on why heroes and villains fight

For something for a broader audience that isn't pretty much mainstream, hanamatsuri. It's got a bunch of extraordinary characters living a life that's their impression of ordinary
Feb 4, 2019 2:29 AM

Aug 2017
Everyone should watch my favorite anime.
Feb 4, 2019 2:32 AM

May 2015
definitlwy banana fish, it is very good anime
My Candies:
Feb 4, 2019 2:34 AM
Jan 2012
School days. Watching that train wreck is a rite of passage every anime watcher should have to go through. It makes it easier to separate good and bad anime since it's such a prime example of bad writing. Like, most of the shit that happens could be omit and the anime could be half the length and have the same impact

JaredLopez said:

Hell yeah, ping pong the animation is great
Feb 4, 2019 2:51 AM

Jun 2017
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica because everyone should...
Feb 4, 2019 2:52 AM
Aug 2018
Attack on Titan...
but tbh people who hate gore shouldn't watch it
so if I would choose one anime I would go with "the silent voice"
AoT > anime
Feb 4, 2019 2:58 AM

May 2018
https://myanimelist.net/anime/4147/Gang-aji_Ttong?q=doggy%20poo
This masterpiece reminds me of Naruto, BNHA, AOT, SAO, Tokyo Ghoul

Feb 4, 2019 3:02 AM

Jun 2016
Skana said:

It's not a matter of that, but people getting into anime should really watch the shows that set the groundwork for what we have now (some good, and some more bad though it may be)

So, Bebop, Eva, Dragonball, Sailor Moon, Utena, Akira or Ghost In The Shell, etc. should be mandatory.
Feb 4, 2019 3:16 AM

Oct 2018
Vash said:
Monster, it's a classic and definitely should be watched.

I recently started watching it and I wholeheartedly agree. The writing and pacing is great and I'm not binging it on purpose so I can enjoy it longer.

I feel like everyone should watch at least one tearjerker at some point (AnoHana, Clannad, Your lie in april, etc.). There are a bunch of older shows that newer anime viewers sometimes skip because they're older, but probably should watch anyway (like Cowboy Bebop, Neon genesis evangelion, Samurai Champloo, etc.).
And lastly there are more recent anime that haven't gotten the attention they deserve, but I wouldn't necessarily classify those as must watch anime.
All according to keikaku

Read my terrible fanfictions here

Feb 4, 2019 3:38 AM

May 2017
Tengen Toppa... Gurren Lagann!

What do I have to say? Compelling characters, Gripping Story, Epic Moments, good animation, awesome character designs, AND well-done themes. What does this anime lack that others have? Sure, it might not be your taste but you have to admit it's a feat.
Feb 4, 2019 3:50 AM

Oct 2017
Vorpality said:
Skana said:

It's not a matter of that, but people getting into anime should really watch the shows that set the groundwork for what we have now (some good, and some more bad though it may be)

So, Bebop, Eva, Dragonball, Sailor Moon, Utena, Akira or Ghost In The Shell, etc. should be mandatory.

actually that is exactly the opposite of what I meant with this thread hehe
there's no such thing as "mandatory" or something people should or shouldn't watch, it's about what anime YOU love so much it would make you happy if more people were to watch it! :3
[/url]
Feb 4, 2019 3:50 AM
Dec 2013
Yuru Camp is the one anime I think everyone should watch.
Feb 4, 2019 3:52 AM

Oct 2017
DepravedMagi said:
None, because people should watch what they want to watch.

this is addressed on the first line of the post........it's not about what everyone should or shouldn't watch, it's about what YOU enjoy watching
[/url]
Feb 4, 2019 4:03 AM
Jul 2018
Samurai Champloo because unique presentation of Japanese setting.
Feb 4, 2019 4:14 AM

Mar 2017
Barakamon

I think you'll learn some life lessons in it. Also it's very heartwarming.

one episode and you'd be thankful for something , as for me that is.
OrbitChewyFeb 4, 2019 4:34 AM
Feb 4, 2019 5:34 AM

May 2013
Clannad AS including Clannad for the whole experience. It was a hell of a ride for me, truly a life-changing masterpiece from Kyoani.
LincompoopFeb 4, 2019 5:38 AM

Feb 4, 2019 8:16 AM

Apr 2015
I haven't even finished it but I think Hunter x Hunter is by far the easiest anime to recommend.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Feb 4, 2019 8:34 AM

Jul 2013
Would always recommend FMAB.
I guess i would go for Death Note if a person is just getting into anime. I look at it as an animated TV show.
Feb 4, 2019 9:07 AM
Oct 2017
steins gate because it's a good litmus test to judge if someone has shit taste
Feb 4, 2019 2:43 PM

Oct 2017
bitchassdarius said:
steins gate because it's a good litmus test to judge if someone has shit taste

do they have shit taste if they like it or if they don't? i have yet to watch this one lol
[/url]
Feb 4, 2019 3:09 PM

May 2017
Keijo!!!!!!!! because girls who are kicking each other with butts and boobs should be praised as divinity
Feb 4, 2019 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
It's probably chiche to say this, but Cowboy Bebop.
Feb 4, 2019 5:40 PM

Feb 2010
Everyone should experience oil-paint-on-glass-animation at least once in their life so I'll leave this beautiful animated MV here:

I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 4, 2019 6:44 PM

Aug 2009
Probably Cowboy Bepop as the safest of safest picks that I can possibly imagine.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 1 hour ago

12 by zoeanime13 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 5 hours ago

25 by karemi_ »»
4 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - Yesterday

21 by Orokanatenshi »»
15 minutes ago

» I really wish that more animes had re-caps

Atmogenic - 28 minutes ago

7 by Atmogenic »»
17 minutes ago

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 5 hours ago

21 by PlasticRobot »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.