3It was OK
9.4%
2Disliked it
4.7%
1Hated it
2.4%
Average 4.4
85 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2019 1:42 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally, some more truth and background storytelling revealed about this arc and the crisis going on. I bet Seth knew something was suspicious from the start.

The real problem remains is how they can prevent tragedies like this in the future again.
Stark700Jan 12, 2019 4:34 AM
Jan 12, 2019 8:49 AM
Sep 2015
It feels like Radiant trying to avoid death in present time but unlimited killing in past event.
Jan 12, 2019 9:13 AM

Feb 2013
I think this was the best episode yet. I hope it continues like this and I hope it gets a season 2!
Jan 12, 2019 9:49 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Pyoung said:
I think this was the best episode yet. I hope it continues like this and I hope it gets a season 2!
Agreed....Seeing this backstory made me feel so bad for that girl

Konrad is officially my most hated villain of the year so far though....God I hope that cunt dies
Jan 12, 2019 10:01 AM

Apr 2018
Best episode yet easily!
This anime gets and better and better, i hope we get more seasons in the future (with canon material only)
Jan 12, 2019 10:47 AM

May 2010
Finally a great episode!
Jan 12, 2019 11:11 AM

Jul 2017
That was really good. 2 good episodes in a row!
Jan 12, 2019 11:42 AM

Oct 2012
Agree that this was the best episode and it gives me some hope for this show.
Konrad is a wall in a place that really needs bridges.
Jan 12, 2019 1:17 PM

Dec 2014
ok so like the background story...seems like we haven't had a true villain just yet besides inquisitors
Jan 12, 2019 2:15 PM

Jul 2015
well now we know what exactly happened
good background story tho
dont like how konrad is portrayed but w/e ( he seems rly stupid, and ignorant too the extreme )

Well...
Jan 12, 2019 8:40 PM

Oct 2015
Such a thought provoking episode about immigration! I guess there will be people like Konrad in our world who behave that way against immigrants. That girl's past was really painful, I understand why she wanted to annihilate those people.

Seth in this episode was really impressive.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 12, 2019 8:42 PM

Apr 2014
This was by far the greatest episode of the series thus far. It really got your emotions pumping, feeling bad for Hameline (the flute girl) and how cool she is now after her hardships makes her my favorite character, Konrad boiling my blood with his racism, and that entire last fight with Seth and Konrad, especially the skull burst had my heart pumping. If this anime can continue to push out good content like this then I think its very underrated, currently I think its slightly underrated.
Jan 14, 2019 10:14 PM
Jun 2017
love this episode as it shown the reason on how and why the 13th district has fallen down. and that konrad from the beginning has planned all of such thing to achieve his own goal even sacrificing those non immigrants and sorcerers.

that konrad shall be burn to death!!! hahaha
Jan 15, 2019 10:29 AM

Feb 2015
Radiant has done a great job of putting me off battle Shounen for a considerable period of time. It's so poorly written it hurts.
Jan 15, 2019 4:37 PM
Oct 2016
BEST EPISODE YET LOVED IT !!! 6/5
Jan 16, 2019 1:21 PM

Sep 2011
Konrad is completely sick, and deranged. The worst, and most realistic part is that he truly believes he is right. He thinks people who are different from him are "less", and that there is nothing wrong with what he is doing.

This would've been a better arc if things were more nuanced, but so far it has been interesting enough. But well, it isn't over yet, and what that girl said was on point too, about the "good people." She is only retaliating, but innocent people shouldn't die because of the ones full of empty, unjustified hatred so she must be stopped. Here's hoping there is still a future for her.
Jan 19, 2019 6:44 PM

May 2017
Hmm. This was an awesome episode, but the whole comparison of racism and prejudice against people isnt done that well. In real life people use religious ideals to support their fucked up ideas of sin, which might apply to the prejudice of the sorcerers, but racism against the immigrants is a bit different.. it's a group think of "we're better than them, they dont be long like we do", which does work in Radiants case, but I guess there is a sort of "nationalist" identity that is missing here that gives people the feeling that they're right.
I dont know. It's a bit strange
Konrad's whole thing is fine, but turns the idea of racism into this huge thing where someone is truly evil and able to murder those they hate, when real racism is mostly minor and about oppressing the subsequent minorities. He's definitely the more extreme, so I dont know how to feel about it. Because if its being portrayed that way than are the citizens not evil for hating immigrants and sorcerers too?
demisionJan 19, 2019 6:56 PM
Jan 20, 2019 7:57 PM

Nov 2009
lihle808 said:
Such a thought provoking episode about immigration! I guess there will be people like Konrad in our world who behave that way against immigrants. That girl's past was really painful, I understand why she wanted to annihilate those people.

we already do have those ppls

It's called Trump

He already deported thousands of immigrants, thousands send to "camps", and slowed down immigration process by more than 75%.

It used to take 1~2 year for people to obtain their green card, but now it takes more than 6~8+ years.

We're just lucky this isn't China, if it was, Trump would already be Dictator and secretly killed off bunch of people. (which is what China actually do, why do you think China's current Dictator obtained 95% of all power? cause he killed off anyone that opposes him)

___ ___ ___

Also, reply to other ppls... only way to get rid of ppls like Kinrad, is to literally destroy or change the Inquisition like what the Real World did.

Cause the truth of Church is, about 300~500ish years ago in our Real World, the Church has done the exact same thing as this episode. It wasn't until just recently after WW2, the World changed and decide to remove most things related to "conquer", which Inquisition is part of.

It's why there's less and less people attending to Church, only extremists or passed-down from generations do. Because technology evolved to the point where people can finally see the truth.

___ ___ ___

Don't believe me? just search Inquisition on the internet, and let it show you. The internet is the most powerful tool in the current world, you can't really hide anything as long as it exists.
amlgJan 20, 2019 8:08 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 2, 2019 3:34 PM

Jan 2015
amlg said:
lihle808 said:

It's called Trump

He already deported thousands of immigrants, thousands send to "camps", and slowed down immigration process by more than 75%.

It used to take 1~2 year for people to obtain their green card, but now it takes more than 6~8+ years.

We're just lucky this isn't China, if it was, Trump would already be Dictator and secretly killed off bunch of people. (which is what China actually do, why do you think China's current Dictator obtained 95% of all power? cause he killed off anyone that opposes him)

___ ___ ___

Also, reply to other ppls... only way to get rid of ppls like Kinrad, is to literally destroy or change the Inquisition like what the Real World did.

Cause the truth of Church is, about 300~500ish years ago in our Real World, the Church has done the exact same thing as this episode. It wasn't until just recently after WW2, the World changed and decide to remove most things related to "conquer", which Inquisition is part of.

It's why there's less and less people attending to Church, only extremists or passed-down from generations do. Because technology evolved to the point where people can finally see the truth.

___ ___ ___

Don't believe me? just search Inquisition on the internet, and let it show you. The internet is the most powerful tool in the current world, you can't really hide anything as long as it exists.

some smart words honestly
Feb 10, 2019 4:59 AM

Aug 2017
Konrad is most generic than ever. This is not how, in our world, ppl behave against illegal immigrants. Don't be deluded by the liberal propaganda of this show.

This is the first time that the show do something good. Hameline's past is decent.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 10, 2019 6:48 PM

Jun 2014
It looks like Seth has become much more powerful than before, and has shattered Konrad's lance.

Flute girl's past was quite tragic, but now she's going to destroy some people who had nothing to do with what happened 15 years ago, and that isn't quite right either. Can Grimm stop her?

Jul 7, 2019 11:04 PM
Jul 2019
Nurguburu said:
Konrad is most generic than ever. This is not how, in our world, ppl behave against illegal immigrants. Don't be deluded by the liberal propaganda of this show.

This is the first time that the show do something good. Hameline's past is decent.

your a fool and obviously naive to society around you. I’m not sure if people were missing the DIRECT references to trump in this episode and his view on immigrants. How did you not notice every single time Konrad referred to himself as a strong WALL. Immigrants have almost never been seen with such hate and coldness as they are in society today. You have kids growing up despising immigrants and thinking they are wrong and don’t deserve to live here everywhere. This episode did a marvelous job on a villain that people can hate. However it also attempted to poke at people who support someone with such views as this. And like the people in the episode you follow blindly and cause pain to those around you because you view them as lesser. This is excaty how people behave against illegal or non illegal immigrants and I applaud the portrayal.
Aug 4, 2019 10:02 AM

Sep 2012
ASrslySnekySnake said:
Nurguburu said:

your a fool and obviously naive to society around you. I’m not sure if people were missing the DIRECT references to trump in this episode and his view on immigrants. How did you not notice every single time Konrad referred to himself as a strong WALL. Immigrants have almost never been seen with such hate and coldness as they are in society today. You have kids growing up despising immigrants and thinking they are wrong and don’t deserve to live here everywhere. This episode did a marvelous job on a villain that people can hate. However it also attempted to poke at people who support someone with such views as this. And like the people in the episode you follow blindly and cause pain to those around you because you view them as lesser. This is excaty how people behave against illegal or non illegal immigrants and I applaud the portrayal.

i guess ppl see political agenda here but fail to think why jap would care about western politics, by western i mean awrything west from them

if it deals with immigrants or immigration it has to be political agenda/propaganda 😂

ppl this days are 2sensitive, awrything is propaganda 😂

we had immigration topics in series way before immigration became issue and issue used in politics

its the viewer with politics goggles on who prong politics in to it and not the author

any1 seeing usa political mesaging/propaganda here are deluted specially both left and righ wing ppl

jap doesn't give a rats ass about ur (usa's) politics, if it only inspiered them to add it in doesn't make it propaganda but attemp to spice up the plot

Sugram22Aug 4, 2019 10:08 AM
Oct 20, 2019 6:26 AM
Jan 2019
Hirugiko said:
amlg said:

It's called Trump

___ ___ ___

___ ___ ___

some smart words honestly

well, your truth has many flaws.
I don't know what lead you to think about that,
the internet might be the most powerful thing right now (for some who believe so) but it also leads us disadvantages (like, false accusation, misleading content, dangerous act or violence, stilling or selling personal information, bias content, information that are not completed that lead people to think that what happened in that part of history but what about people really think emotionally that lead them to make that move not just one event that leads them to do that and wasting our time in useless things like games and other things that really do nothing for us ((some) anime is different thing it has a story that can teach us not just for entertainment), and other things that lead us to laziness, act of sin, or even our death) if you use the internet make sure what you really intended and you mind is pure (p*** and h***** is unpure so ignore it if you can)
for me what truth you see is not the truth for me
it will never be a smart thing to say honestly
and about people who go " less and less people attending to Church" your viewpoint is weak you can't claim that is the overall reason
I know there is freedom of speech in this internet world but there is freedom of speech that needs to justify and not to ignore (and some speech that has justice but being ignored)
internet is the scariest thing in this world because of people who want to profit by doing bad things and people who what to fool others and people who want to make people think as what he thinks that are currently wrong or thinking without solid proof or lack of information that makes the overall information wrong internet can be truth if there is no lies behind it
and for your information, google is hiding something to its users

why need to rid that person if you can change that person or do something about that people like that are suffering inside

do you read books that considered holly, like the bible or the Quran? do you think people who like isis doing something violent and monopolize people because their prophet said so? or the people who control that dangerous terrorist just want to profit from that act of violence? obscures people in other religions do that to for-profit or self-benefit but do you consider overall people or in that group of people or each one of them?

and even America is china (it already seems likely(freedom of speech has been monopolized by money or freedom of speech has been censored by money) the culture and law is largely different that can overthrown by it's citizen
Anoo-DominiOct 20, 2019 6:34 AM
Oct 20, 2019 6:47 AM
Jan 2019
Sugram22 said:
ASrslySnekySnake said:

i guess ppl see political agenda here but fail to think why jap would care about western politics, by western i mean awrything west from them

if it deals with immigrants or immigration it has to be political agenda/propaganda 😂

we had immigration topics in series way before immigration became issue and issue used in politics

its the viewer with politics goggles on who prong politics in to it and not the author

any1 seeing usa political mesaging/propaganda here are deluted specially both left and righ wing ppl

jap doesn't give a rats ass about ur (usa's) politics, if it only inspiered them to add it in doesn't make it propaganda but attemp to spice up the plot

if my information is right the author of this anime is french not nipon, hapon (Japanese person that I don't know how to describe in English word) but I don't know what is different in his (author) ideology or viewpoint about immigrant than the US citizen

and japan is also very bad handling immigrants not only politics but also its people they think (not all Japanese) what happened in Germany that immigrants are dangerous, or immigrants acting differently from their culture that finds out disgraceful or other else
Oct 20, 2019 10:46 AM

Sep 2012
Anoo-Domini said:
Sugram22 said:

if my information is right the author of this anime is french not nipon, hapon (Japanese person that I don't know how to describe in English word) but I don't know what is different in his (author) ideology or viewpoint about immigrant than the US citizen

and japan is also very bad handling immigrants not only politics but also its people they think (not all Japanese) what happened in Germany that immigrants are dangerous, or immigrants acting differently from their culture that finds out disgraceful or other else

i thought the author is jap, doesn't author has to be jap for anime to be considered jap anime?

some immigrants yeas turn to crime and are bad, but one thing why its so is gov use to put them together where they can speak their own lang with each immigrants from same country causing isolation from ppl of the country hosting them so if they don't learn to know ppl of that country there is bound to be trouble and second the background control sys for them is bad there are also lazy ppl whom human traffickers promised they will live like kings (little exaggeration bus not far from the truth) once they get cross the border and when they didn't get what was promised they caused riots, so its not so good in EU neither but USA is far worse with that issue

i am from eu but ass i see from here how USA is the left is almost human traffickers themselves illegals get caught and leftist help them escape and cheat the sys to make them official citizens look this story of one city is crap cause of leftist politics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKTH8DaQwTg&t=5s

i get it about lang, eng is my second lang
Oct 22, 2019 2:41 AM
Jan 2019
Sugram22 said:
Anoo-Domini said:

i thought the author is jap, doesn't author has to be jap for anime to be considered jap anime?

some immigrants yeas turn to crime and are bad, but one thing why its so is gov use to put them together where they can speak their own lang with each immigrants from same country causing isolation from ppl of the country hosting them so if they don't learn to know ppl of that country there is bound to be trouble and second the background control sys for them is bad there are also lazy ppl whom human traffickers promised they will live like kings (little exaggeration bus not far from the truth) once they get cross the border and when they didn't get what was promised they caused riots, so its not so good in EU neither but USA is far worse with that issue

i am from eu but ass i see from here how USA is the left is almost human traffickers themselves illegals get caught and leftist help them escape and cheat the sys to make them official citizens look this story of one city is crap cause of leftist politics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKTH8DaQwTg&t=5s

well the story came from french author and the animation was made in Japan and Japanese studio so it considered as an anime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWccr1r-H0E
Anoo-DominiOct 22, 2019 3:09 AM
Oct 24, 2019 3:23 PM

Sep 2012
Anoo-Domini said:
Sugram22 said:

well the story came from french author and the animation was made in Japan and Japanese studio so it considered as an anime

seems certain group is altering dubs to push politics in to anime https://youtu.be/60ZUxUbjMmM
Oct 25, 2019 11:43 AM
Jan 2019
Sugram22 said:
Anoo-Domini said:

seems certain group is altering dubs to push politics in to anime https://youtu.be/60ZUxUbjMmM

many Japanese young people don't care about politics but when other western people (not only the west) present the anime to dub their ideology was there, that's why I hate dubs in some case, for me I see it as not funny but rather a direct insult
Oct 26, 2019 12:00 AM

Sep 2012
Anoo-Domini said:
Sugram22 said:

many Japanese young people don't care about politics but when other western people (not only the west) present the anime to dub their ideology was there, that's why I hate dubs in some case, for me I see it as not funny but rather a direct insult

well it sort a is insult to anime and jap to steer away from original dialogue

but so far with animes i watched i personally have not seen dub where they do it, maybe its just to soft for awry1 to notice but i heard ppl talk about it many have seen it, if propaganda is at my face i also hate it
Sugram22Oct 26, 2019 12:05 AM
Sep 3, 2020 4:23 AM

Jul 2015
Oxumare was a good man and really didn't deserve that backstab. Sad background story on Pied Piper girl there which explains her hate to the people. I believe the author did a pretty good job at portraying the deranged Konrad as the type of irl 'righteous' person spouting their hate crap which their followers blindly follow which causes a lot of unnessary harm.

Aug 26, 2021 9:01 AM
Nov 2010
A background store to prove that the one-dimensional evil guy is evil, talk about a waste of time. And the citizens suddenly change their mind after hearing this. And then the white-haired sorcerer reveals that she just wants everyone to die because she had it bad in her life. At the same time, the MC gets a bunch of power-ups out of nowhere to help him defeat the plain evil guy. The author of this should probably just stick to drawing or something. This level of writing is just insulting.
Mar 15, 2022 5:34 PM

Jul 2017
Just pure hype! Seth through some of the most satisfying punches I've seen in a while, especially that last one. That shit was epic!

Apr 7, 8:12 AM
Feb 2022
Conrad is inspired in Donald Trump. I have no doubt.

Spanish translation:
Conrad está inspirado en Donald Trump. No tengo dudas.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Radiant Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

37 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 5, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2018

29 by dark_spirit010 »»
Mar 12, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2018

52 by FedeMetal »»
Oct 25, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2018

71 by FedeMetal »»
Oct 25, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Radiant Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

66 by FedeMetal »»
Oct 24, 2023 6:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.