Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 27, 2018 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, back to the action again this episode.

I have to admit, they used some interesting choices for the OST when Kaneki was fighting. On the other hand, the action felt like it was messy again. It didn't take long for GOAT to get into conflicts with others in this show.

Nov 27, 2018 8:21 AM

Jun 2009
wow it really starts too be growing on me i like it alot like it turned out soo far ,
hope it stays like this
Nov 27, 2018 8:42 AM

Jan 2018
The dragon another rushed episode but it's the far better one till now
Nov 27, 2018 8:53 AM
Nov 2018
Pretty certain that the studio is just animating the characters really well to distract us from the terrible story adaptation.
ArdanazNov 30, 2018 1:39 AM
Nov 27, 2018 9:13 AM
Apr 2017
if at least those fights were animated fine..but even they are trash...well...i made it here so gonna finish it
Nov 27, 2018 9:21 AM

Nov 2016
It's not like the manga was very good at this point to begin with, so this episode was pretty ok.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 27, 2018 9:25 AM
Mar 2018
I looked forward to see Chapter 144 animated. I was disappointed.
Nov 27, 2018 9:42 AM

Jun 2014
I think pretty much everything in this episode that wasn't the Urie/Furuta parts were changed from how they occurred in the manga. Though at this point, it's not really surprising so there's no point in complaining. Honestly, it would have been more of a surprise if they somehow, to some degree, followed the manga.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 27, 2018 9:48 AM

Jan 2017
What even happened, did he become the Tokyo Ghoul or?
Nov 27, 2018 9:50 AM

Jun 2016
Hakan3369 said:

Kaneki transformed into the dragon form, beating all the Dragon ball transformations ladies and gentlemen.
Nov 27, 2018 10:08 AM
Jul 2017
alex0418 said:

me too... it was decently animated and everything but none of the panels adapted came out as I hoped.
Nov 27, 2018 10:14 AM

Apr 2015
First I was like: zzzzzzzzz, get on with it! Then: WTF just happened?
Nov 27, 2018 10:14 AM

Apr 2017
Each week I get more and more upset for the most part, chapter 125 was still awesome, but other than that it just keeps disappointing me.
They've completely changed part of the story yet again and it caused a lot of weird issues. The jump from the wedding straight into the attack on ward 24 was just weird, they really couldn't have just added in the bit about the main forces leaving to hunt for food and then have kaneki come back, instead they just left everyone at the base and forced all of them to engage in the fight, which is fine if they're taking this down a different story path, but it just seemed like there was no transition between the two parts. The urie fight was decent imo, and I'm really glad that they actually put the Suzuya fight in(for the most part). Kaneki turning into the centipede was pretty bs imo, the manga's version with him being fucked up by suzuya and then breaking down what happened in his head and then freaking out wanting to see touka again was so much better than him seeing fucking Mutsuki messing with touka. Also, I was really looking forward to Mutsuki getting his/her ass kicked by Yomo, but they had to have Mutsuki go for Touka completely and have nobody else interfere. They made Hina look bad too, her fight scene in the manga was sick, but instead they made her run away with the children, fair enough, but you'd think maybe Touka should have left since she's clearly weaker at this point from eating human food and the fact that she's pregnant, but w/e.

Every week I write a stupidly long post in here and in my discord because it genuinely upsets me how terrible this adaptation is. I understand that they never make 100% accurate adaptations and sometimes the writer decides somethings are better if it's changed a bit here and there but fucking christ, this is just bad in general. They could have done so much more to make it decent, but just rushed everything, cut important shit, made terrible jumps around. and focused way too much on the fights over the actual story. Good fight scenes don't make a good show. They weren't even that great of fight scenes for the most part. If they slowed it down and actually left in some pretty important things then it would have been so much better and I wouldn't feel compelled to write these. :/

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Nov 27, 2018 10:15 AM
Mar 2011
I'm kind of glad they have didn't suzuya cripple kaneki in the adaption. The one good thing about this adaption skimming the manga is that it cuts through all the annoying crap the author tried to pull by just not introducing half of them.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Nov 27, 2018 10:16 AM

May 2018
So is this Nimura's plan to make Kaneki go berserk by turning into a dragon????
Nov 27, 2018 10:27 AM

Apr 2015
Yorakirro said:
Each week I get more and more upset for the most part, chapter 125 was still awesome, but other than that it just keeps disappointing me.
They've completely changed part of the story yet again and it caused a lot of weird issues. The jump from the wedding straight into the attack on ward 24 was just weird, they really couldn't have just added in the bit about the main forces leaving to hunt for food and then have kaneki come back, instead they just left everyone at the base and forced all of them to engage in the fight, which is fine if they're taking this down a different story path, but it just seemed like there was no transition between the two parts. The urie fight was decent imo, and I'm really glad that they actually put the Suzuya fight in(for the most part). Kaneki turning into the centipede was pretty bs imo, the manga's version with him being fucked up by suzuya and then breaking down what happened in his head and then freaking out wanting to see touka again was so much better than him seeing fucking Mutsuki messing with touka. Also, I was really looking forward to Mutsuki getting his/her ass kicked by Yomo, but they had to have Mutsuki go for Touka completely and have nobody else interfere. They made Hina look bad too, her fight scene in the manga was sick, but instead they made her run away with the children, fair enough, but you'd think maybe Touka should have left since she's clearly weaker at this point from eating human food and the fact that she's pregnant, but w/e.

Every week I write a stupidly long post in here and in my discord because it genuinely upsets me how terrible this adaptation is. I understand that they never make 100% accurate adaptations and sometimes the writer decides somethings are better if it's changed a bit here and there but fucking christ, this is just bad in general. They could have done so much more to make it decent, but just rushed everything, cut important shit, made terrible jumps around. and focused way too much on the fights over the actual story. Good fight scenes don't make a good show. They weren't even that great of fight scenes for the most part. If they slowed it down and actually left in some pretty important things then it would have been so much better and I wouldn't feel compelled to write these. :/

Preach! Even I who haven't read the manga see this ... I don't understand why I keep watching. I'm bored, because I don't understand what's happening anymore. Sorry, but the anime is terrible. I feel bad about Kaneki's poster hanging on my wall. I bought it because I liked Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul vA so much. This season just makes me want to take it down. There's nearly no real story. It's like they took random parts, put them in a bowl, mixed them together, and then hoped for the best ...
Nov 27, 2018 10:28 AM
Mar 2018
SupremeKC said:
alex0418 said:

me too... it was decently animated and everything but none of the panels adapted came out as I hoped.
I just wanted to see how Kanekis interact with each other especially Black Reaper Kaneki and Cochlea Kaneki
Nov 27, 2018 10:29 AM

May 2016
They literally ruined the best fight in the manga though it was not showed.
Other than that it was good.
Nov 27, 2018 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
I started crying when Hide came, I thought they wouldn't bother animating that Hide is alive but I'm so glad they did, my baby hide
Nov 27, 2018 10:34 AM

Nov 2015
Didn't see Hide.

And i always feel "wtf?" when i watch the anime now :( Always loved tokyo ghoul but this season is extremely confusing and fast paced and it makes me a bit distant from the characters..... :/

I wish they would slow down a little bit. Have some buildup...
Nov 27, 2018 10:58 AM
Apr 2016
Rather sure the episode was in quality overall better than the whole :re 2 season. Fight choreography, everything... felt this way. I am glad I kept believing.
OwlHeart said:

Preach! Even I who haven't read the manga see this ... I don't understand why I keep watching. I'm bored, because I don't understand what's happening anymore. Sorry, but the anime is terrible. I feel bad about Kaneki's poster hanging on my wall. I bought it because I liked Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul vA so much. This season just makes me want to take it down. There's nearly no real story. It's like they took random parts, put them in a bowl, mixed them together, and then hoped for the best ...

Oh, I kinda understand it all, but I can see that everything could be done better. Properly. This episode was a prime example how I would like to see other episodes happen. Yet here we are, the series is being concluded in a speed that could cause a train wreck. Hopefully it won't. But then again, I can see that, despite the whole train wreck that happened between the seasons, people behind Tokyo Ghoul are still trying. It is strained, desperate, but they are making some effort. I respect that and I keep believing they will be able to wrap the series up decently.
Yes, the story is all over the place. No, you can understand it with some extra effort. Maybe this is why I keep liking it? Because it actually wants people to think a bit harder... or forces them to, either way.
Daniel_NaumovNov 27, 2018 11:04 AM
Re:formed
Nov 27, 2018 11:09 AM

Jun 2014
Kimmiwa said:
Didn't see Hide.

Hide was the guy with the scarecrow mask that showed up with Marude. He held up a sign saying that he's Hide, and asked Urie for help
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 27, 2018 11:10 AM

Dec 2012
Right now I just wanna see
animated and sayonara Tokyo Ghoul.
Nov 27, 2018 11:19 AM

Apr 2017
ok i make some manga references but there's no future spoilers.
not that i was expecting anything more, but this episode fucking sucked. literally nothing was done well. there was no actual kenference, which was arguably one of the best chapters in the manga, no buildup of hide's reveal, urie's breakdown was done horribly, no naki fight, no hinami-juuzou fight, no touka-mutsuki fight, no kou, the oggai raid was done completely wrong, just everything about it was disappointing.
i've cut this anime a lot of slack up until last week's shit adaptation, but now i'm not even sure what i'm watching for. we're just heading down the trail to root B except they're """"adapting"""" the manga this time.
Nov 27, 2018 11:23 AM

Jul 2017
More messy action and they didn't even bother to show Kaneki's kakuja or the dragon

FMmatron said:
It's not like the manga was very good at this point to begin with, so this episode was pretty ok.
My bad wrong quote sorry

thebrentinator24 said:
I think pretty much everything in this episode that wasn't the Urie/Furuta parts were changed from how they occurred in the manga.

Yea that's what I was thinking. Kaneki became dismembered in his fight with Juuzou not whatever happened here lmao

Hakan3369 said:

Basically what was supposed to happen is that he lost in the fight with Juuzou and another guy and lost all his limbs. All his personalities inside were arguing about various events that happened until they all collectively agreed that they wanted to see Touka again and that they never got to actually name their kid. So Kaneki goes batshit crazy again and begins eating/slaughtering all of the clone guys, which greatly f*cks him up and causes him to go into dragon form (which wasn't shown in this ep)
Short_CircutNov 27, 2018 2:33 PM
Nov 27, 2018 12:06 PM

Sep 2018
For me as one he has read the manga this was by far the worst episode they rushed everything from the goat arc to the beginning of dragon :(
Nov 27, 2018 12:12 PM
Jul 2018
dabitodorokiis said:
Pretty certain that the studio is just animating the characters really well to distract us from the terrible story adaptation. PLUS I cannot freakin wait to see Hide again!!
why is it so hard not to spoil something like srsly
Nov 27, 2018 1:25 PM

Feb 2013
At least we know Hide is alive, I can't wait to see his face.
Kaneki is big, too big!
Nov 27, 2018 1:27 PM

May 2013
Should let the show just die
Every episode is a waste of budget
Nov 27, 2018 1:47 PM
Aug 2018
Huge disappointment in my opinion. This adaptation could have been so much more.
Nov 27, 2018 1:55 PM

Jul 2013
Tbh, I have to congratulate Pierrot in this. Kaneki's transformation could had been in shitty CGI (like what happened with poor Overlord), but they animated it in the traditional, hand-drawn style. This could have been 1000 times worse, but they didn't do that. Today is a good day.
Nov 27, 2018 1:57 PM

Apr 2014
Well I do not have to say too much about what just happened. But I can say we are at the 'endgame' now. It is only a matter of time... almost done too...
Nov 27, 2018 3:00 PM
Dec 2017
i haven't even read the manga and i could tell that skipped a lot of important stuff.

This whole season should have been spread into 4 seasons. Could have really done well with this but instead they've crammed it all into a 24 episode season.
Nov 27, 2018 3:34 PM
Jan 2017
THE DARKEST ANIME OF THE SEASON..
wow its so dark i cant see it very clear,, to much blank screen
Nov 27, 2018 3:49 PM

Oct 2014
OwlHeart said:

I feel exactly the same... Right into the second part of Tokyo Ghoul: RE I noticed that things were drastically rushed and some important situations were "dropped". I can say I barely understand a thing...everything looks messed up and confusing, with lack of details and information. So rushed that made me feel no compation nor feelings toward the characters, not even happiness with KanekixTouka sudden relationship. And this is very sad...

When Tokyo Ghoul: RE started they made clear that Root A was discarded with a flashback on "Rose Investigation Arc" that only belongs to the manga, but suddenly, in episode 7, they use a scene of Kaneki going away, an image clearly exclusive of that version. Now they show Hide, that was supposed to be dead on the anime (Root A exclusive ending), yet alive on the manga. Unless they give a good reason for this, I won't believe on a fair/logical ending of these series...

So, what is this in the end? A hell of an adaptaion!
DeeAngelNov 27, 2018 3:55 PM
Nov 27, 2018 4:12 PM

Jan 2017
My head cannot take this. So much happens. It's crazy.
Yay to Hide though
Nov 27, 2018 4:23 PM
Jan 2017
The dragon finally came out,, but wait,, the plot i think different from manga,,
nah i hope its will be the best anime of tg series but no,,
pierot is getting worst to handle tokyo ghoul project,,,
Nov 27, 2018 4:25 PM

May 2018
It's very fast... I think it's coming in the SPEED OF LIGHT WRYYYYYYY
"No matter where you go, everyone's connected." Iwakura, Lain.

Nov 27, 2018 4:43 PM
Jun 2017
Finally the DRAGON has awaken... hahaha... no one can beat kaneki kun in that form. Hahaha
Nov 27, 2018 4:57 PM

Oct 2015
That was pretty badass of Kaneki, I guess the centipede saga he had with Jason stuck with him hence the transformation. That was a fast episode but I liked the Urie fight with those two, I like him now and I also like the chief Furuta. Furuta plays the role of the villain well, he is playful while mysteriously sadistic.

This is a pretty rushed season that is harder to keep up with, it is like the producers are rushing somewhere. No development in any of the episodes.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 27, 2018 5:19 PM

Jul 2017
The pacing in this anime continues to be mind-boggling.
Nov 27, 2018 5:21 PM
Mar 2015
Just stay right there Washu. Your widdle dragon is coming to eat you
Nov 27, 2018 5:34 PM
Nov 2018
he's not really defeated by suzuya
Nov 27, 2018 5:57 PM

Aug 2017
They skipped Roma's past but nothing surprises me anymore.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 27, 2018 6:22 PM

Apr 2018
WTF is going on lmao, it gets worse every episode
Nov 27, 2018 6:53 PM

Oct 2015
Kaneki vs Juuzo turned out really differently (at least from what I remember), the fight sort of just happened, and there was a lot more substance in the scene with all the Kaneki's. The actual dragon transformation was pretty cool though.

Even though the art and animation of this season is pretty poor, I've got to admit that some of the stills and close up shots of characters do look impressive.

Only 4 episodes so go, with around 35 chapters left. I think that the last episode will probably adapt the least chapters, 6 at most, since it can't really be cut (but then again, a lot was cut out in the adaptation).
Nov 27, 2018 9:11 PM

Dec 2017
Disappointing episode as usual. Then again, the source material had also turned into garbage at that point of the story.
Can't wait to see what they have to offer to explain about Scarecrow; which wouldn't make any sense anyway.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 27, 2018 9:52 PM

Apr 2017
Did Studio Perriot even explain how the CCG found GOAT? I probably forgot.
Majority of the manga readers thought the manga was shit and then they watched the anime... even people who only watched the anime is like this makes no fucking sense.
This is so confusing, not even enjoyable animated.
Nov 27, 2018 10:26 PM

Aug 2013
I was caught up with the manga up through the Tsukiyama family raid arc so the first cour all made sense. This half I'm just along with the ride and I didnt even have to be caught up with the manga to know the adaptation was complete dog shit and seeing the comments reinforcing that in the threads every week at least makes me feel better about it.

Man I thought the guineas world record for fastest sex scene to pregnancy last week was oof. This is just fucking nonsense now.

A wedding that immediately transitioned into another jumbled fight scene, which according to manga readers who are caught up was a fucking train wreck of an adaptation. Somehow this was also Furuta's plan from the start, not sure how that makes any fucking sense either.

Hide was the scarecrow man in the most underwhelming and lightning fast reveal ever, why he was in hiding as a scarecrow man for so fucking long is another mystery that I wouldnt be surprised if it never gets answered, or if the answer itself is fucking retarded.

Kaneki now became a centipede (dragon) that's like half the size of Japan in his desperation to see Tohka.

And next week, Dr. Kanou, the main bad guy behind the scenes for so long, is randomly going to blow his brains out.

Holy fucking shit I cant wait till this mess is over so I have more incentive to go back and finish the manga.
Nov 28, 2018 12:46 AM

Feb 2018
Even they messed up with All Kaneki's Personality Discussion scene. That scene in this episode didn't have impact
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2018

174 by bakakisima »»
57 minutes ago

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2018

175 by bakakisima »»
1 hour ago

» Guys are we getting Tokyo Ghoul Brotherhood?

SlimeLordOfRats - Mar 6

23 by shmoomp »»
Apr 21, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

57 by ocrlh_ »»
Jan 20, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2018

201 by Cross___ »»
Dec 12, 2023 2:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.