Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 26, 2018 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, I thought the man service comedic scenes were priceless. Also, that kiss scene!

Seems the food this episode had a bit of a grasshopper problem. Not bd this episode. I like seeing Sugimoto in high spirits and it continues to build more into the overall story.

On the more serious note, I almost forgot how dangerous certain people are in this show.
Stark700Nov 26, 2018 11:50 AM
Nov 26, 2018 8:09 AM

Jun 2009
xD finally the sea otter stuff was animated :)
Nov 26, 2018 10:10 AM

Apr 2016
Of course it was the sea otter's fault Inkarmat, ofc it was ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 26, 2018 10:11 AM
Sep 2015
Oh no! I hate hetero sex scene! Do more sumo please!
Prison scene, bad people vs. bad people is my kink.
Nov 26, 2018 10:48 AM
Nov 2014
In some places the art style and animation seemed different(not in a bad way) than previous episodes.
Nov 26, 2018 10:48 AM

Dec 2017
bl shit? oh, god, this anime is fucking with me and i love it lol
Nov 26, 2018 10:57 AM

Oct 2014
Everyone really just wants to be scolded by Lt. Tsurumi.

Holy fufu tho, the sumo scene was a freaking blessing *-* I'm just slightly sad that they didn't animate Sugimoto's reaction to the grasshoppers like it was in the manga, also something really weird happened to Kiro as he entered the scene adjklajfakjdkladkj they all either had really funny or really weird faces/anatomy xD

BUT! Kadokura was perfect! Esp. when he turned tail - the voice acting was on point~
Nov 26, 2018 11:11 AM

Jan 2018
Everything that leads upto to the sumo part is steamy also it was definitely sea otter meat Inkarmat

Sugimoto saying he will kill while being pleasant I am happy to know that he hasn't mellowed out still is cold-blooded when the time comes

changes in the animation I can't pin point it if someone knows what's the changes it is please let me know it looked like faces were less smooth or something
Didn't impact on the enjoyment level but there is an itch to know what it is
Nov 26, 2018 11:26 AM

Mar 2016
I'm never gonna unsee five naked men turned on by one another sharing the same room and playing sumo wrestling.
#traumatizedforlife
#BlameTheOtterMeat
Nov 26, 2018 11:32 AM

Jan 2017
This show continues to have a good blend between the serious and comedic parts. That "sumo" scene was hilarious!

Another 5/5 episode!
Nov 26, 2018 11:34 AM

Mar 2017
I've noticed other people mention this, but the animation has definetely changed. Not sure if for better or for worse.

The faces seem a lot longed, and the characters seem to be making a lot more expressions with their eyes - previously they were very stiff facial expressions with not much movement.

For one we've never seen Asiripa look anything like this, you can tell that there's been a change in animation staff. If anyone knows further details about that hit me up with a reply cus I wanna know. For one I hope it changes back tbh, the faces are really weirdly long and Shiraishi is far too sexy like that.

tfw when sea otter meat ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
good shit ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nov 26, 2018 11:36 AM

Mar 2017
Ryuseishun said:
I'm never gonna unsee five naked men turned on by one another sharing the same room and playing sumo wrestling.
#traumatizedforlife
#BlameTheOtterMeat

Shiraishi just looked...sexy
Nov 26, 2018 11:38 AM

Mar 2017
TheZippotm said:
In some places the art style and animation seemed different(not in a bad way) than previous episodes.

I noticed that too, don't you think their faces are weirdly long? The eyes all look different aswell..

I don't like it and hope they change back, it sucks when characters looks are altered slightly when we've been looking at the same ones for 20 episode :(
Nov 26, 2018 11:40 AM
Jul 2012
Oh no, my fragile heterosexuality....
Nov 26, 2018 11:42 AM

May 2018
Ya know Locust weren't really that dangerous to man , in fact they are also edible that farmers in Africa would eat them when they devoured they're crops, in Thailand they also eat them and so as our local farmers here in the Phils.

Too bad the Shaklin Islands in the norther part of Japan no longer belongs to them, the Russians took it after WW2 ...

Man so everyone in the hut were starting to feel in heat, looks like the guy who gave them the Otter forgot to mention that Otter meat is an aphrodisiac.

Either Inkarmat is telling the truth about Asirpa's dad or she manipulating her as well . And Finger Prints????? Man they wouldn't be standard in any investigation til the 1930's during Hoover's Time as the FBI director.
Nov 26, 2018 11:46 AM

Apr 2016
They trolled me with the murder attempt. I was like "poor guy, that's the end" and the next moment he turned out he is one more killer in the show and one more who is in loved with lieutenant Tsurumy. The change of tone with the voice was perfect : from prey to predator in few seconds.

Food, romance, hot sumo wrestling, lies, mysteries and murders : this episode has it all.

This second season is great.
Nov 26, 2018 11:51 AM

Jul 2017
This episode was really manly.
Nov 26, 2018 12:00 PM

Jul 2014
What did I just watch? Even for Golden Kamuy, that sumo scene was so completely bizarre and unexpected, so much so that it almost foreshadowed the revelations about Asirpa's father and the little bits about Inkarmat's past.
Nov 26, 2018 12:06 PM

Aug 2013
Ok this episode triggered my dick ...holy shit Inkarmat so hooooooottttttttt!
Nov 26, 2018 12:06 PM

Nov 2016
Never gonna try sea otter when guys are around, that's for sure, lmfao.

The plot really thickens and I'm highly intrigued to see how things will play out.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 26, 2018 12:09 PM

Apr 2015
Ha! That was so funny, so manly yet (to me) disturbing and hillarious XD That otter meat yo!
Nov 26, 2018 12:51 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah not a fan of the derpy faces, Asirpa's specially bothered me. At least Shiraishi's ass looked fine. Other than the art, really good episode as always.
Nov 26, 2018 1:12 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Yes, the change in the animation/design is pretty noticeable, specially in Asirpa. Her eyes looked huge (well even more than usual) in some bits.

I was waiting to see if they would hold back on the manliest of ero-scenes and I'm glad to see they did not. That scene is absolutely hilarious.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 26, 2018 1:16 PM

Jun 2014
What the actual fuck was the first half of this episode lol.....

On the more serious side, we learned more about Asirpa's father and how he died (assuming Inkarmat is telling the truth), along with a little more mystery surrounding Nopperabo.

I thought that prison guard was a goner, but he flipped the situation so fast. And of course, this show can't introduce a new character without making sure they're oddly obsessed with Lt. Tsurumi lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 26, 2018 1:34 PM

Nov 2010
Aahh.. Such sexy scenes.. Love it so much!
I loled so hard when I watched this at 5 a.m. I'm pretty sure my neighbour can heard my weird laugh.

Finally the traitor revelation. Few new characters making their first appearance.

I agree with some of the people here about the change in animation. I feel like the animation qualities at some of the scenes are pretty bad. I really hope the next episode quality will be better.
Nov 26, 2018 1:51 PM
Mar 2018
It has been one of my favourite episodes in the 2nd Season, maybe my favourite.
The first half perfectly mixes the gay comedy (seriously, I lost my shit in those scenes) with the big plot twist, and then, we have a bit of the esence of the 1st Season: the cruelty of the prison scenes, the tension of not knowing who's really an ally or an enemie, and Sugimoto being so... Sugimoto.
Honestly, this is one of my favourite 2018 animes.
Nov 26, 2018 1:54 PM

Sep 2017
♂YUGAMI♂NEE♂NA♂
Nov 26, 2018 3:03 PM

Oct 2008
Lol, everyone wants to get scolded by Tsurumi.

I was sure they were going to cut the "sumo match" scene from the anime, considering all the other manga content they've censored out so far, so I was surprised to see it.

And I'm so very excited for the next episode after seeing the preview at the end of this episode! Can't wait till next week! Probably my favorite part in the manga and I hope they don't cut it short or censor it.

And is it just me, or did the animation seem a bit different in this episode? Some of their faces looked off, especially with Kiroranke.
Nov 26, 2018 3:14 PM

Mar 2016
ARE THEY SERIOUSLY NOT GONNA ADAPT THE
?
Nov 26, 2018 3:27 PM
Jan 2018
Serukan said:
I've noticed other people mention this, but the animation has definetely changed. Not sure if for better or for worse.

The faces seem a lot longed, and the characters seem to be making a lot more expressions with their eyes - previously they were very stiff facial expressions with not much movement.

For one we've never seen Asiripa look anything like this, you can tell that there's been a change in animation staff. If anyone knows further details about that hit me up with a reply cus I wanna know. For one I hope it changes back tbh, the faces are really weirdly long and Shiraishi is far too sexy like that.

tfw when sea otter meat ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Don’t you mean the art?
Nov 26, 2018 4:04 PM

Jul 2016
The first half was absolutely hilarious. I knew something was off when that fisherman made that comment about sharing the sea otter mean in private but jeez that man service was definitely something else. Even Shiraishi looked hot in this ep. xD

Overall, it was a very good one with a great mix between comedy and serious parts (again). We learned more about Asirpa's father and his relationship/connection with Inkarmat, who looked rather seductive in this episode too... yeah, I can't really blame Tanigaki for falling for her, being honest.

The rest of the ep. was also interesting, regarding the main plot. It looks like they all will reach Abashiri very soon and I can't really wait for that to happen.

P.S.1: Of course there need to be another man with a crearly obsession for Lt. Tsurumi lol.

P.S. 2: Actually, Tanigaki and Inkarmat look nice as a couple... and also, the sea otter mean's fault?... right Inkarmat, right.
Nov 26, 2018 4:44 PM

Apr 2016
the sea otter meat scene was probably the funniest scene so far!!
its kind of a shame how much of the manga they are skipping here though...
Nov 26, 2018 5:55 PM

Jan 2016
I got a boner watching this ep I guess it was sea otter's fault
Nov 26, 2018 6:13 PM

Oct 2015
That aphrodisiac was very strong to tame those men, lol:-D :-D :-D . I guess Wrestling and Sumo are sexual sports after all.

The last part (not after the credits) was my favorite, Chief Kadokura got the script flipped from him. I never laughed so hard since forever, I'm impressed by that spy but I guess it is Koito judging by that reaction when he spoke of Tsurumi.

I'm really confused now who Asirpa's dad is? And I don't know who is lying between those two.

Great episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 26, 2018 6:28 PM

Dec 2014
lol the otter meat...will stay away from this...I thought think someone id someone too ...lol but let's say it was all otter's meat fault
Nov 26, 2018 7:01 PM

May 2012
What chapter in the manga did this episode adapt ?
Nov 26, 2018 8:12 PM
Mar 2015
Now that was gay. the sumo was a very funny idea. Aspira just has too many fathers and too many enemies
Nov 27, 2018 1:03 AM

Feb 2014
The sea otter meat was pure comedy genius. With it's powerful smell, it made Sugimoto and the other guys, while locked in a building to avoid the locust swarm, strip to only their loincloths and play sumo with each other. This was probably the funniest scene of the second season so far!

Not only that, but Tanigaki got even luckier. After his involvement of the manly sumo wrestling, Inkermat comes along, strips naked and then she starts to make out with Tanigaki. I'm not jealous at all..............seriously, I'm not! ^_^;

However, the next scene with the debate as to who Asirpa's dad is was pretty heated. Is it Wilk? Nopperabo? Maybe they're the same guy, although I highly doubt that, but either way, I hope we'll know the answer to that question soon.

The main plot has also got intense, with the scene at the prison and the after-credits scene too. We're closing in on Asashiri now, so I'm looking forward to the next episode.

And, of course, I wouldn't mind being scolded by Lt. Tsurumi either. =P
Nov 27, 2018 2:46 AM
Dec 2016
Serukan said:

apparently the director specifically asked this guy higashide futoshi to storyboard, direct and animate this episode so i guess that's why
Nov 27, 2018 9:40 AM

Jun 2009
lihle808 said:
I'm impressed by that spy but I guess it is Koito judging by that reaction when he spoke of Tsurumi.

no it isnt koito his name is Usami
Nov 27, 2018 12:35 PM

Mar 2017
Don’t you mean the art?

Both. Art and animation, specifically the way the characters faces are animated. The eyes move way more as opposed to being stiff and stationary.
Nov 27, 2018 12:36 PM

Mar 2017
apparently the director specifically asked this guy higashide futoshi to storyboard, direct and animate this episode so i guess that's why

Cool, I was wondering if someone else came in to direct it. I wonder if the dude does hentai because of the sumo scene lmao
Nov 27, 2018 5:42 PM

Oct 2008
thepath said:
What chapter in the manga did this episode adapt ?

Chapters 115 to 118.
Nov 27, 2018 10:30 PM

May 2017
Weird convo of Inkarmat and Asirpa, is she her mother?

Lol please tell me a 5 guys orgy didn't happen in the manga or at least it's in disguise in a sumo too, anyone, manga readers?

So we got new characters, and lol is everyone from 7th Tsurumi's harem and gay for him?

I'm disappointed with Tanigaki, what about his loli back at the Ainu village, he just fucks Inkarmat without hesitation (I know I would too lol) but don't forget about your loli
Nov 27, 2018 11:21 PM

Sep 2009
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

thumbs up

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Nov 28, 2018 2:53 AM

Oct 2012
This anime absolutely slays me!
Nov 28, 2018 3:34 AM

Jul 2016
xspookydarknessx said:
This anime absolutely slays me!

Every episode has something that comes from nowehere and has me laughing my ass off.

Then you realise tat every single character, even the comedic ones are pure badass and remember that this show is fucking amazing
Nov 28, 2018 10:41 AM
Sep 2015
Maybe just coincidence but Youtube just recommend me to watch sunfish documentary (I didn't search any of this despite curious on what kind that fish is so big)
Nov 28, 2018 4:51 PM

Oct 2008
Lairucrem said:
Weird convo of Inkarmat and Asirpa, is she her mother?

Lol please tell me a 5 guys orgy didn't happen in the manga or at least it's in disguise in a sumo too, anyone, manga readers?

So we got new characters, and lol is everyone from 7th Tsurumi's harem and gay for him?

I'm disappointed with Tanigaki, what about his loli back at the Ainu village, he just fucks Inkarmat without hesitation (I know I would too lol) but don't forget about your loli

Inkarmat was pretty clear in the episode that she's not Asirpa's mother. In the manga in chapter 116, Inkarmat does talk about Asirpa's mother and says she was a beautiful woman, but this dialogue was excluded from this anime episode.

The "sumo match" is chapters 115 through 116 in the manga and the anime was faithful to the bizarre scene. The anime hasn't aired anything that wasn't in the manga first so far. If anything, the anime is excluding huge chunks and side stories from the manga to speed up the story.
Nov 28, 2018 5:42 PM

Aug 2017
The Sea Otter meat scene caught me off guard. I love it. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

About this episode, I don't know which of the two is telling the truth. Both are suspects...
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2018

139 by luqman15 »»
Mar 20, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2018

58 by Karva1 »»
Mar 18, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2018

76 by Karva1 »»
Mar 17, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

64 by Karva1 »»
Mar 17, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2018

72 by Karva1 »»
Mar 17, 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.