Forum Settings
Forums

Did you ever go into a series expecting to drop it?

New
Nov 23, 2018 9:32 AM

Sep 2014
What series and why?

I'm thinking about starting Shingeki no Bahamut season 2 with the intention to drop because I know a lot of people consider the second half very bad but the first half looks good. I'm not just going on people's opinions either, I have followed the series while it was airing on social media, and I know I probably would not like some of the developments I've seen.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 23, 2018 9:34 AM

Apr 2016
Yep, and that is why MAL need "plan to drop list".
Nov 23, 2018 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
Honestly i don't remember any anime that i was expecting to drop it but still i started watching it. I'm to lazy to check the dropped anime. Also Shingeki no bahamut s2 is quite good. S1 is better anyway.
Nov 23, 2018 9:37 AM

Sep 2014
Huntik said:
Honestly i don't remember any anime that i was expecting to drop it but still i started watching it. Also Shingeki no bahamut is quite good. S1 is better anyway.

I've seen s1 and really like it, so I also don't want s2 to potentially tarnish my enjoyment of s1
Nov 23, 2018 9:37 AM

Jan 2014
if i'm expecting to drop it i won't watch it in the first place

Nov 23, 2018 9:38 AM

Oct 2017
i have a no-drop policy so i go in expecting to not drop it
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Expecting to drop but eventually didn’t, maybe a few.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 2018
sayrrin said:
Huntik said:
Honestly i don't remember any anime that i was expecting to drop it but still i started watching it. Also Shingeki no bahamut is quite good. S1 is better anyway.

I've seen s1 and really like it, so I also don't want s2 to potentially tarnish my enjoyment of s1

Watch it for Leone Favaro. At least he is a very good Character in that serie :P
Nov 23, 2018 9:44 AM

Sep 2014
Huntik said:
sayrrin said:

Watch it for Leone Favaro. At least he is a very good Character in that serie :P

My favorite is Azazel. I like all the characters a lot though. FAVAROOO is great
Nov 23, 2018 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
Almost all sequels of shitty series such as SAO or example. Also for those stereotypical romantic comedies.
Nov 23, 2018 9:49 AM
Jul 2018
sayrrin said:
Huntik said:

My favorite is Azazel. I like all the characters a lot though. FAVAROOO is great

+1 Reason to watch s2. Azazel appears in all the next season!
But the Female Girl (MC) is quite annoying same as the dude who

Nov 23, 2018 9:59 AM

Feb 2010
well with seasonals I check out anything that remotely interests me, but sometimes that's only like 20% and 80% of me won't be surprised if I drop it. Tho it's usually more that I check out 3-5 low priority shows or so and expect to maybe drop 1-2 of them but I can't say which cause otherwise I'd just not start them.

So yeah, sometimes there is a certain % that expects me to drop something, but I never start anything with the intention of doing so. That'd be pointless.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 23, 2018 9:59 AM

Jan 2013
Well I sometimes start some anime to see if they're as shitty as they seem at first, and if they are I probably won't finish the 1st episode so I don't add them to my list anyway.
Nov 23, 2018 10:00 AM

Sep 2014
Huntik said:
sayrrin said:

+1 Reason to watch s2. Azazel appears in all the next season!
But the Female Girl (MC) is quite annoying same as the dude who

This is my dilemma. I wish there was a version without that romance. Nina seemed cool at first from what I've seen.
Nov 23, 2018 10:01 AM

Sep 2017
Normally I know if I will enjoy the anime just by reading the discreption.
Nov 23, 2018 10:04 AM

Mar 2012
BnHA, I already knew I wouldn't like it based on the cover art and PV but still decided to give it a shot because I had come across many posts saying it's an emotional story about a weak underdog overcoming bullying and pursuing his dreams against all odds and blah blah blah. The first episode was good enough to convince me that it really isn't meant for me, I disliked just about everything including the art and setting.
Nov 23, 2018 10:06 AM

Apr 2016
Maou_heika said:
an emotional story about a weak underdog overcoming bullying and pursuing his dreams against all odds and blah blah blah.

Was that a fujoshi who told you this ?
Nov 23, 2018 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
No. Almost all the time i select only those series which i never plan to drop. You can verify from my low no. of dropped anime.I only dropped these because i got fed up of the repetitiveness,story,characters and character design.
Nov 23, 2018 10:17 AM
Jan 2018
I sometimes startwatching an anime that i think i probably might not like but i end up liking that anime in the end
It would be pretty pointless to start an anime that i know i will drop
"If someone tells me that I’m destined to fight my friend, I would rather fight destiny itself" - Hatz
Nov 23, 2018 10:39 AM

Aug 2016
You should definitely do that about Bahamut S2, watch up until around episode 12 and write your fanfiction of how the story plays out from there on, it will probably be better than the series' second half.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Nov 23, 2018 10:53 AM

Sep 2014
Ryu1908 said:
You should definitely do that about Bahamut S2, watch up until around episode 12 and write your fanfiction of how the story plays out from there on, it will probably be better than the series' second half.

Thanks thats probably what I'll do. Except I'll hope for an already written fanfic.
Nov 23, 2018 12:14 PM
Jul 2018
I went into Planet With expecting to drop it and drop it I did. Only reason I picked it up is because a friend told me it was philosophical or some shit. All I saw was annoying MC, jarring tonal shifts, and weak plot development + asspulls. Also, poorly placed flashbacks with no context. Not to mention the gross CGI. What a bad show. It make my hero academia look like a masterpiece.
Nov 23, 2018 12:23 PM
Jul 2018
I don't like to drop anime. So I don't start one unless I'm certain that I'll watch it till the end. Also part of the reason why I haven't really watched many shows with more than a 100 episodes.
Nov 23, 2018 12:33 PM
Dec 2016
I don't think I have started a series with the expectation to drop it but my opinion on certain series have been influenced quite a bit before I even started it and sometimes it makes me unable to enjoy the show as much as a usually would so now when I want to watch new anime I just pick one from a random anime generator and start it without knowing anything about it or if I want anything more specific I would search genres or different recommendations but still would try to avoid reading any revews. i mainly judge a series by its genres before starting it and i know it may sound kinda hypocritical now but i try to avoid animes that rely mainly on the echi/romance genres
Nov 23, 2018 12:36 PM

Oct 2010
I started to watch sao because I thought why not? It's popular and has action. Somehow I managed to survive sao (it was mediocre) and then I watched alo because sugu was cute. Then I heard sinon's ass is fine so I now watch ggo, now I am a sinon fanboy.
Nov 23, 2018 12:39 PM
Nov 23, 2018 12:39 PM

Mar 2017
Catalano said:
I started to watch sao because I thought why not? It's popular and has action. Somehow I managed to survive sao (it was mediocre) and then I watched alo because sugu was cute. Then I heard sinon's ass is fine so I now watch ggo, now I am a sinon fanboy.
I wish I had that motivation

30chara
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 23, 2018 12:54 PM

May 2017
Yeah... every shounen.

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Nov 23, 2018 12:56 PM

May 2014
I watch a lot of anime i expect i'll drop on the off chance that i end up liking it.
Nov 23, 2018 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
all seasonal series for the past two years lol
Nov 23, 2018 1:11 PM

May 2018
yeah lmao, most of them aren't on my MAL either. Buy Kyoukai no kanata and your lie in april. i KNEW i was never going to complete those i just wanted a taste of shitty romance for a second.
most of the time i watch them when i dont really want to keep up with my CW list (boring arc, emotional parts etc..) so i just click on something ive seen thats popular.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 愛してる *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Nov 23, 2018 1:25 PM

Feb 2018
Mushishi and made in abyss , i really wasn't expecting much going into these two
AND OH BOY WAS I WRONG , I enjoyed them so much
Now they're both one of my favorites
Nov 23, 2018 1:35 PM

Oct 2018
Adventures of the Mini-Goddesses, I knew about the spin-off manga and got a free episode on the AMG movie to preview it. Gave the series a shot, but really didn't care for the Chibi Art and nonsensical slapstick with Gan-chan. Was happy when AMG TV came out and AMG fans got a proper long form canon TV series adapted from the main manga with a few seasons and a couple of OVA specials.
Nov 23, 2018 1:37 PM

Aug 2018
Yes a few times but on the end l never dropped it :D

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Nov 23, 2018 1:37 PM

Feb 2015
Some of the trashier shows that I watched out of curiosity, to see how bad they really were since people were bashing on them a lot. A few actually were pretty enjoyable and I finished them.
Nov 23, 2018 1:39 PM
Apr 2018
If I'd expect to drop it before even starting to watch, that'd mean that the synopsis, reviews and genres didn't sound appealing to me at all beforehand.. why would I even start watching it then?
Nov 23, 2018 2:46 PM

Dec 2012
I wouldn't even be watching it in the first place then. That kind stuff would be screened out easily beforehand when I read the plot description and thought "Nope, no thanks" causing me to stop considering it.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Nov 23, 2018 3:43 PM

Nov 2018
Not sure why someone would waste energy with this type of weird flex.
Nov 23, 2018 4:49 PM

Oct 2013
I never start watching an anime with a pessimistic mindset like expecting it to drop. Its absurd. Why the hell did you even started watching it in the first place when you know yourself you aint gonna enjoy it.
Nov 23, 2018 5:40 PM

May 2016
basically all the modern anime i've watched whether it was seasonal or completed oof

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Nov 23, 2018 6:04 PM

Sep 2014
Catalano said:

Wouldn't just browsing pictures of her on an image board be more productive then? Not trying to be rude just curious.
Nov 23, 2018 6:06 PM

Sep 2014
xchyssa said:
I never start watching an anime with a pessimistic mindset like expecting it to drop. Its absurd. Why the hell did you even started watching it in the first place when you know yourself you aint gonna enjoy it.

Did you read my explanation? There seem to be good things about the the show, but it gets bad. Also its a sequel to a show I liked.
Nov 23, 2018 6:08 PM

Sep 2014
xfinityretaile1 said:
Not sure why someone would waste energy with this type of weird flex.

How is it a flex? Nothing to brag about at all.
Nov 23, 2018 6:09 PM

Sep 2014
BourBon-7so said:
Mushishi and made in abyss , i really wasn't expecting much going into these two
AND OH BOY WAS I WRONG , I enjoyed them so much
Now they're both one of my favorites

I was this way with Madoka. Crazy how that works out sometimes
Nov 23, 2018 6:34 PM

Feb 2017
i do this with seasonals. like i planned out 11 anime to watch this season and looking through my list before the series even started, i was like 'yup i'm gonna end up dropping this, this, this, and this'.
i don't know why i bothered to watch them - i have no real reason honestly. curiosity? boredom? maybe wanting to give them a chance even though i knew i wouldn't like them?

placeholder text
Nov 23, 2018 6:38 PM

Oct 2013
sayrrin said:
xchyssa said:

Did you read my explanation? There seem to be good things about the the show, but it gets bad. Also its a sequel to a show I liked.
I did read your explanation but that's it. Maybe I worded it too wrongly but I only answered your question according to my opinion and how approach into watching anime. I mean no harm. I apologize.
Nov 23, 2018 9:04 PM

Jul 2015
every anime am initiate view
but turns out baad
Nov 23, 2018 10:34 PM

Sep 2014
xchyssa said:
sayrrin said:

I did read your explanation but that's it. Maybe I worded it too wrongly but I only answered your question according to my opinion and how approach into watching anime. I mean no harm. I apologize.

It's all good. Just a miscommunication on the internets.
Nov 23, 2018 10:41 PM

Sep 2015
No. I try not to pick shit anime or genres/subgenres that I hate, thus would drop. I have hard limits on what I can and cannot watch.
Nov 23, 2018 10:46 PM

Dec 2016
I don't remember, but I know that once I dropped a show expecting to watch it, but I just can't remember which.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Who is the most overrated villain in anime?

The-Wombat - 2 hours ago

5 by dankmitris »»
32 seconds ago

» Spring 2024 Mid-Season Ranking

NoelleIsSleepy - 1 hour ago

10 by E-Satie »»
48 seconds ago

» Will we get more anime's that reflect "Stoner Comedy"?

GoatPieceLuffy - 7 hours ago

30 by traed »»
3 minutes ago

» So, what's the oldest anime you've ever watched?

Gashadokur0 - Today

44 by mshfqtny »»
4 minutes ago

» Are anime getting worse and worse ?

Shomix - 4 hours ago

10 by Kwanthemaster »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.