Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 14, 9:07 PM

May 2018
If you're watching any Spring 2024 series, how would you currently rank them against each other?

This is how I'm feeling:

1) Karasu wa aruji wo erabanai - 8
2) Boukyaku battery - 7
3) Kaijuu 8-gou - 7
4) Wind breaker - 6
5) Unnamed memory - 6
6) Kuroshitsuji: kishuku gakkou-hen - 6
7) Tensei shitara slime datta ken s3 - 5
8) Kaii to otome to kamikakushi - 5
9) reincarnated aristocrat something - 4
10) misfit demon academy s2p2 - 4
11)irregular magic hs s3 - 3
12) seventh prince something - 3
13) vampire dormitory - 2
14) re:monster - 1
NoelleIsSleepyMay 14, 9:33 PM
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
May 14, 9:09 PM

Feb 2020
8/10:

1. Yuru Camp△ Season 3
2. Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau
3. Nijiyon Animation 2

7/10:

4. Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote
5. Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku?
6. Jantama Kan!!
May 14, 9:13 PM

May 2018
Reply to Serafos
8/10:

1. Yuru Camp△ Season 3
2. Sasayaku You ni Koi wo Utau
3. Nijiyon Animation 2

7/10:

4. Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote
5. Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku?
6. Jantama Kan!!
@Serafos so many people around me love yuru camp... even if cgdct isn't really my cup of tea, is it still worth watching?
May 14, 9:22 PM

Apr 2020
1. Sound! Euphonium s3 - 7
2. Mushoku Tensei s2pt2 - 7
3. Spice & Wolf - 6
T-4. Kaijuu no 8, Konosuba s3 - 5
6. Tensura s3 - 3

Here's how I rate my list so far. Also about to include Yuru Camp once I caught up. I started watching last week!
DefeatingMeMay 14, 9:25 PM
May 14, 9:29 PM

May 2019
1.Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac - Battle Sanctuary Part 2
May 14, 9:31 PM

May 2018
Reply to DefeatingMe
1. Sound! Euphonium s3 - 7
2. Mushoku Tensei s2pt2 - 7
3. Spice & Wolf - 6
T-4. Kaijuu no 8, Konosuba s3 - 5
6. Tensura s3 - 3

Here's how I rate my list so far. Also about to include Yuru Camp once I caught up. I started watching last week!
@DefeatingMe I was holding off on watching spice and wolf til the end... is it disappointing? :')
May 14, 9:35 PM

Feb 2020
Reply to NoelleIsSleepy
@Serafos so many people around me love yuru camp... even if cgdct isn't really my cup of tea, is it still worth watching?
@NoelleIsSleepy I think it's a very nice and easy show to watch even if you are not a big CGDCT lover, because it's not your average goofy CGDCT after all.

One of the main points of the show is to visit real life locations in Japan and learn a little bit of their history. And you can also learn a lot about camping in general, because it often gives you a lot of information about all kinds of camping equipment, how to prepare food, etc. It's quite an educational show.
May 14, 9:40 PM

May 2018
Reply to Serafos
@NoelleIsSleepy I think it's a very nice and easy show to watch even if you are not a big CGDCT lover, because it's not your average goofy CGDCT after all.

One of the main points of the show is to visit real life locations in Japan and learn a little bit of their history. And you can also learn a lot about camping in general, because it often gives you a lot of information about all kinds of camping equipment, how to prepare food, etc. It's quite an educational show.
@Serafos in that case it sounds like something I might be into! thank you :)
May 14, 9:48 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to NoelleIsSleepy
@DefeatingMe I was holding off on watching spice and wolf til the end... is it disappointing? :')
@NoelleIsSleepy

I wouldn't say it is. The new artstyle tho is a bit off-putting, especially on ep 6

I didn't really have high expectations from the remake to begin with, so I thought it was still quite decent
DefeatingMeMay 14, 9:51 PM
May 14, 10:08 PM

Mar 2024
Reply to NoelleIsSleepy
@NoelleIsSleepy Another member for the secret society of blankets, yes!

Yuru Camp S3 easy number one this season.
2. Hibike S3
3. KonoSuba
4. Shuumatsu Train
May 14, 10:36 PM

Jun 2021
Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai - 7
Spice and wolf - 6
Kaijuu 8-gou - 5
The Fable - 4 (Manga is 9 the adaptation is really disappointing)

My doctor has always told me to smoke. He even explains himself: “Smoke, my friend. Otherwise someone else will smoke in your place.”

May 14, 11:28 PM

Dec 2021
1. Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai - 9
2. Tonari no Yokai-san - 7
3. Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? - 7
4. Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai - 6
5. Jiisan Baasan Wakagaeru - 3

"𝑰𝒇 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆, 𝒐𝒓 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒔, 𝑰 𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒔?"
» [JELEE] «
0:00 〇────── 4:47
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

May 14, 11:39 PM

May 2018
In the order I am enjoying those:

Dungeon Meshi 7/10
Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai 6/10
Sentai Daishikkaku 6/10
Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season 6/10
Meitantei Conan 6/10 (that's ignoring the fillers which are 3/10)
Kaijuu 8-gou 5/10
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu 2nd Season 5/10
The Fable 5/10
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 5/10
Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid 3rd Season 5/10 (but maybe I should lower the score to 4/10 or even 3/10...but yeah, I am still enjoying it to a degree)
May 15, 1:33 AM

Sep 2018
- love
Dungeon Meshi (10/10)
Pokemon (9/10)
Girls Band Cry (8/10)
Spice & Wolf
Yuru Camp s3 (7/10)
Bartender

Henjin no Salad Bowl (6/10)
T.P Bon (5/10)
Mushoku Tensei s2 part 2
Shinigami Bocchan s3
Seiyuu Radio

- watchable
Sentai Daishikkaku (4/10)
Jiisan Baasan
Ooi! Tonbo
Astro Note (3/10)
Totokami
Konosuba s3

- bad
Jellyfish (2/10)
Train End World
Kuramerukagari
Demon Slayer
Kaiju n°8 (1/10)

- dropped (unrated)
Tonari no Youkai-san
Yozakura-san
Blue Archive
Hananoi-kun
Sasakoi
Karasu
Viral Hit
Unnamed Memory
Wind Breaker
The Fable
Boukyaku Battery
Madome
May 15, 1:54 AM

Dec 2021
Reply to Nirinbo
- love
Dungeon Meshi (10/10)
Pokemon (9/10)
Girls Band Cry (8/10)
Spice & Wolf
Yuru Camp s3 (7/10)
Bartender

Henjin no Salad Bowl (6/10)
T.P Bon (5/10)
Mushoku Tensei s2 part 2
Shinigami Bocchan s3
Seiyuu Radio

- watchable
Sentai Daishikkaku (4/10)
Jiisan Baasan
Ooi! Tonbo
Astro Note (3/10)
Totokami
Konosuba s3

- bad
Jellyfish (2/10)
Train End World
Kuramerukagari
Demon Slayer
Kaiju n°8 (1/10)

- dropped (unrated)
Tonari no Youkai-san
Yozakura-san
Blue Archive
Hananoi-kun
Sasakoi
Karasu
Viral Hit
Unnamed Memory
Wind Breaker
The Fable
Boukyaku Battery
Madome
@Nirinbo Nice Sig! Do you think Frieren will remain above FMAB for good now that several months have passed and the rating has seemingly increased to 9.37?
May 15, 2:00 AM

Jun 2019
I'm currently watching or watched (past tense in the case of one ONA which already concluded airing and I completed already since it was released all at once) 15 completely new series as seasonals and am going to count and rank 14 of them for the purposes of this question.

- I'm not going to count Grimm Kumikyoku, which I recently just started and am still very behind on
- There is at least one series which I'm undecided as to starting and may yet still do so either during the current airing season or at some point after, Highspeed Etoile, which of course I'm also not going to count yet
- I'm not going to count continuing series which are airing in this season but are not new spring of 2024 series as they are a holdover from previous seasons, which in my case are Dungeon Meshi from the winter of 2024 and Tousouchuu: Great Mission from the spring of 2023 seasons
- I'm not currently watching any returning series (new seasons of series which started in earlier seasons/earlier years) - I watch Yuru Camp and Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation, but am not yet watching the currently airing new seasons right now due to various reasons

So the series eligible for the consideration for this for me right now: Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku?, Tonari no Youkai-san, Ooi! Tonbo, I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince So I Can Take My Time Perfecting My Magical Ability, Astro Note, Henjin no Salad Bowl, An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride, Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai, Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai, Blue Archive the Animation, Sentai Daishikkaku, Girls Band Cry, Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi, and T.P. BON

Naturally, it goes without saying that evaluation of these is still an ongoing work in progress very much still in flux and all possessing the potential to change either positively or negatively, slightly, radically, and anywhere in-between, since this is a mid-season evaluation report.

Also, I never rate anything until actual full completion in its entirety, so this is all theoretical, speculative, and tentative.

Anyway:

1.) T.P. BON - 7/10
2.) Tonari no Youkai-san - 7/10
3.) Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? - 7/10
4.) Astro Note - 7/10
5.) Yoru no Kurage wa Oyogenai - 7/10
6.) Girls Band Cry - 7/10
7.) Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi - 6/10
8.) Sentai Daishikkaku - 6/10
9.) Blue Archive the Animation - 6/10
10.) An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride - 6/10
11.) Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai - 6/10
12.) Henjin no Salad Bowl - 6/10
13.) Ooi! Tonbo - 6/10
14.) I Was Reincarnated as the Seventh Prince So I Can Take My Time Perfecting My Magical Ability - 5/10

*Note - The only completed series from among these is T.P. BON, so that is the only one whose rating is final

*Note - This is weighted more toward my personal preferences. If I were striving to be more objective, there are a few whose ratings I would raise or lower by a point or whose ranks I would switch around, but I'm going first and foremost with my personal preferences and taste. For instance, thus far, something like Blue Archive is probably more of a 5/10 show and if looking at purely critically I'd place in rank below shows like Yatagarasu and Ooi! Tonbo, but the subject matter as presented simply interests me a little more and in the past two or so episodes I began to become more invested in the world and characters.
WatchTillTandavaMay 15, 2:09 AM
May 15, 2:08 AM

Sep 2018
Reply to Jackof-allspades
@Nirinbo Nice Sig! Do you think Frieren will remain above FMAB for good now that several months have passed and the rating has seemingly increased to 9.37?
@Jackof-allspades 9.37 may seem like a large lead but if you consider that Frieren already lost 0.02 in two months since it finished airing, that means it will fall below 9 in a couple of years (assuming that the score degradation will slow down but it won't stop).
May 15, 2:25 AM

Dec 2021
Reply to Nirinbo
@Jackof-allspades 9.37 may seem like a large lead but if you consider that Frieren already lost 0.02 in two months since it finished airing, that means it will fall below 9 in a couple of years (assuming that the score degradation will slow down but it won't stop).
@Nirinbo Come to think of it, Bleach Sennen Kessen Hen was as high at 9.25 and now its at 9.02 after 1.5 years. I think Frieren will keep it's lead for much longer since it's score is this high 7 months after it started airing but I don't think it will be permanent. You've been on here longer than me though; have you seen anime lose a large lead like this one before?
May 15, 2:42 AM

Apr 2011
8/10
Dungeon Meshi
Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen

7/10
Boukyaku Battery
Kaijuu 8-gou
Kenka Dokugaku
Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3
Mushoku Tensei II: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2
Sentai Daishikkaku
Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru
The Fable
May 15, 2:56 AM

Sep 2018
@Nirinbo Come to think of it, Bleach Sennen Kessen Hen was as high at 9.25 and now its at 9.02 after 1.5 years. I think Frieren will keep it's lead for much longer since it's score is this high 7 months after it started airing but I don't think it will be permanent. You've been on here longer than me though; have you seen anime lose a large lead like this one before?
@Jackof-allspades Your Name's peak score was higher than Frieren's, but now it's rated even lower than the other highly acclaimed movie that came out in the same year, Koe no Katachi. It's quite interesting to see that score degradation doesn't affect every anime equally.
May 15, 3:09 AM

Dec 2021
Reply to Nirinbo
@Jackof-allspades Your Name's peak score was higher than Frieren's, but now it's rated even lower than the other highly acclaimed movie that came out in the same year, Koe no Katachi. It's quite interesting to see that score degradation doesn't affect every anime equally.
@Nirinbo Seems like an interesting discussion despite what the mod thinks; where is the thread from your Sig at?
May 15, 3:13 AM

Sep 2018
@Nirinbo Seems like an interesting discussion despite what the mod thinks; where is the thread from your Sig at?
@Jackof-allspades here it is, sadly it was locked too early: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2160012
May 16, 11:40 AM

Dec 2015
Hmmm as for right now I am still in the place with almost no internet connection so I couldn't keep up with many things, my thoughts shouldn't differ that much since the time I posted my opinion on this season, no ratings as I am giving a rating when I'll finish a certain title

Zettaiken said:
Hmmm I have checked quite a bit, although there's already couple of titles with which I am not keeping up, maybe soon I'll do that, so far my impressions are like that:

Stuff which I like from best to worst:
Girls Band Cry x JELEE [I can't tell which is better]
Go Go Loser Ranger
Kaiju 8
Wind Breaker
7th prince
aristocrat appraisal
Viral Hit

Stuff which I have positive feelings but I need to keep up with new episodes [alphabetical order]:
Bartender
Boukyaku Battery
Hanano-kun
Henjin no Salad
Jiisan
Kaii to otome
Kami wa Game
Konosuba
Lvl 2
Irregular
Archdemon
One room
Wolf and SPice
Tonbo
Sasayaku
Radio
Train end
Youkai
Unnamed memory
Yozakura

Mixed feeling, including those which I haven't kept up:
Astro Note
Highspeed etoile
Misfit
Re Monster
Fable

Negative feelings:
Touken Ranbu
The New Gate
Rinkai
Banished Hero
Blue Archive

Openings from best to worst:

JELEE
Girls band Cry
Go Go Loser Ranger
Shadowverse [I had no idea Nano is in this season]
Irregular
Viral Hit [The instrumental in the beginning is just chef's kiss]
7th prince
Hananoi
Kaiju 8 [Although even if it's not higher, I have to say that visuals are great here]
Long Zu [I might check out it later as it looks nice]
Wind Breaker
Train End
Sasayaku
Tsukimichi
Tonbo
Shinkalion
Radio
Konosuba
New Gate
Misfit
Kaii to otome
Mushoku
Boukyaku Battery
Archdemon
Highspeed Etoile
Kami wa Game
Kuroshitsuji
MHA
Sand Land
Slime
Henjin no Salad
Re Monster
Hibike
Delicious in Dungeon [op 2 I guess as I ain't watching?]
Idolmaster [I think it's gravity as there's 4 songs, which are diff openings/endings/inserts?]
Astro Note
Yozakura
Apprasial Aristocrat
Urusei Yatsura
One Room
Jiisan Baasan
Bartender
Spice and Wolf
Link Click
Vampire Dormitory
Unnamed memory
Bocchan
Touken Ranbu
Date a Live
Youkai-san
Banished Hero
Yuru Camp
Blue Archive
Tadaima
Karasu
Fable
Lvl 2
himitsu no aipri

I am too lazy to check endings rn, maybe later.
May 16, 12:01 PM

May 2021
Kaiju is looking like an 8/10 for me, and Train to the End of the World is maybe a 7/10 atm

I dropped the Bartender anime which I found very boring and I might drop Spice & Wolf as well but I’ll give it a couple more eps as I've only started it

the only other show I’ve started this season is the one with the two voice actors, just watched one episode so can’t really say

not a huge season for me personally I’m hoping for better ones in the coming year
May 16, 12:06 PM

Oct 2018
1 - Dungeon Meshi - 10/10
-1 - Mushoku Tensei - 0/10
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
May 16, 12:48 PM

Jan 2022
I just know this season is pretty good and I'm watching alot of top and good anime for once.
May 16, 10:01 PM

Feb 2020
Reply to NoelleIsSleepy
@NoelleIsSleepy You are welcome. I hope you enjoy the show. :3

More topics from this board

» Why do yaoi shippers get upset when their ships don't happen in shonen?

Cestlavie_ - 9 hours ago

39 by Gashadokur0 »»
6 minutes ago

» What are some shows/movies that anime fans would like?

APolygons2 - Yesterday

26 by APolygons2 »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » What are male yuri fans called?

emryuu - 4 hours ago

10 by traed »»
14 minutes ago

» Does complexity made an anime better? And what is your favourite complex anime

niknasr - 11 hours ago

14 by Gashadokur0 »»
14 minutes ago

» Any other Retro Anime watchers only?

Iron_Leopard - 10 hours ago

23 by KitsuFrost »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.