Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 9, 2018 5:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mugino is pissed as expected. ITEM is falling apart. RIP Frenda.

I knew the TV anime would have to censor it a bit though, not surprised by that. Props to Hamazura for standing up against Mugino. That took fucking guts. For the first half, it showed the dark side of Academy City for sure from the science side. Poor Uiharu, I felt bad for her :(

About time we finally got Accelerator vs Kakine (Dark Matter). I've been waiting years and finally came! Sad this was so short for the arc...

Stark700Nov 9, 2018 5:28 AM
Nov 9, 2018 5:26 AM

Aug 2013
Well at least they put some effort for Accel fight. Too bad they butchered Hamazura moments and his fight, not that I expect them to do any justice for it in the first place, but still...

And of fucking course next week we'll probably get extended bath scenes now with extra Kuroko included. Fucking Nishikiori
loli_a_ravioliNov 9, 2018 5:31 AM
Nov 9, 2018 6:06 AM

Apr 2010
Well i am starting to consider to skip this season and wait for Railgun and Accelerator seasons.
The first Arc was somewhat ok but this arc was terrible it didn't make much sense and i am missing out on the narrative which we usually got from this.
For me the narrative is one of the things that makes this worth watching but right now we where watching something with little to no explanation at all.
The characters where fighting and killing each other but the reason they where doing so was unclear.

I think the director and the scriptwriter need to start looking for a new job, since this was simply terrible.
Hopefully the next arcs will be better.
Nov 9, 2018 6:32 AM

Jul 2012
Accelerator's fight was done pretty good, didn't save this arc, but at least something. Hamazura's moment was sacrificed for that. RIP Frenda, don't remember was it in novel like that that Yomikawa just sees dead Frenda and flees with Takitsubo, didn't really bother me while reading.
Back to Touma and fanservice =/
Nov 9, 2018 6:38 AM
Jan 2017
Great epidodee. The fight was great. Poor frenda xd. Next ep touma is back xddd.
Nov 9, 2018 6:40 AM
Nov 2018
allenjke said:
Back to Touma and fanservice =/

Only the first part though. The second part will be Intense with Acqua doing crazy shit.
Nov 9, 2018 7:04 AM

Jul 2016
RIP Frenda (Or could I just said "Fren/da"? Lol) Thought as much as I want to see how she died, I expected they will just either censored or skipped that scene. Well, at least we could still seen her death face lol.

Rushed story plot aside, at the very least the action scenes does look enjoyable compared to the previous episodes, so I will just forgive the rushed story in this episode. I have no idea why Kakine's wings was made in CGI instead of 2D art, and Accelerator's black wings look clearly inferior than in season 2 here (And the animations was also cheap too). I also don't like how they shorten Hamazura vs Mugino fight here and make the fight ended like as if Hamazura being asspull in the fight. I quite enjoyed Masaya Matsukaze as Kakine, the voice was fitting him so much and he actually make him sound so ignorant.

Btw if anyone has read the latest Kamachi and Miki interview, it's basically confirmed that Index 3, Railgun 3 and Accelerator anime (And probably some other anime made by J.C Staff in 2019) will be DOOMED due to tight production schedule and lack of staffs helping with the project. Hell, Miki even admitted Index 3 was made on rushed and don't have enough budgets to make a decent animations (Which is why the animations in this season is so bad).

And also....

loli_a_ravioli said:
And of fucking course next week we'll probably get extended bath scenes now with extra Kuroko included. Fucking Nishikiori

THIS. Fuck Nishikiori.
Nov 9, 2018 7:46 AM

Apr 2014
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
RIP Frenda (Or could I just said "Fren/da"? Lol) Thought as much as I want to see how she died, I expected they will just either censored or skipped that scene. Well, at least we could still seen her death face lol.

Rushed story plot aside, at the very least the action scenes does look enjoyable compared to the previous episodes, so I will just forgive the rushed story in this episode. I have no idea why Kakine's wings was made in CGI instead of 2D art, and Accelerator's black wings look clearly inferior than in season 2 here (And the animations was also cheap too). I also don't like how they shorten Hamazura vs Mugino fight here and make the fight ended like as if Hamazura being asspull in the fight. I quite enjoyed Masaya Matsukaze as Kakine, the voice was fitting him so much and he actually make him sound so ignorant.

Btw if anyone has read the latest Kamachi and Miki interview, it's basically confirmed that Index 3, Railgun 3 and Accelerator anime (And probably some other anime made by J.C Staff in 2019) will be DOOMED due to tight production schedule and lack of staffs helping with the project. Hell, Miki even admitted Index 3 was made on rushed and don't have enough budgets to make a decent animations (Which is why the animations in this season is so bad).

And also....

loli_a_ravioli said:

THIS. Fuck Nishikiori.

Well all in all it depends on the director how well managed the project is. While nishikoiri is questionable in distributing the animation and art equally, i believe nagai and the other guy will do a much better job at managing each of their own project’s. Heck accel anime got even a proper pv. While railgun and nagai know what their doing with their budget and production schedule. Nishikoiri has just no idea how manage the budget and the production schedule is a huge mess.

While i’m sad that hamazura got shafted bad in this episode, i’m at least happy that the fight between accel and kakine live up to some of the hype. All in all it was the best episode of this third season so far hype-wise and animation-wise.
AcceleratorAngelNov 9, 2018 7:51 AM
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Nov 9, 2018 8:08 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I'm disappointed about the fight(s), they both felt too short.

Accelerator vs. Kakine had some dope animation at points.

You can really tell how they are skipping stuff and i'm anime-only.
Nov 9, 2018 8:09 AM

Apr 2014
Smudy said:
I'm disappointed about the fight(s), they both felt too short.

Accelerator vs. Kakine had some dope animation at points.

You can really tell how they are skipping stuff and i'm anime-only.

Accel vs kakine had somewhat the better fate, hamazura vs mugino was obliterated.
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Nov 9, 2018 8:17 AM
May 2018
Watch the episode at 90% speed
It becomes slightly more enjoyable for me
Nov 9, 2018 8:20 AM

Jul 2014
Hamazura V Mugino was butchered af but at least we got Accelerator V Kakine justice, thats good enough for me, I'd rather have that than the other way around.

NEP my boi Touma is back!

RIP Frenda, did not expect her to get killed by Mugino, crazy bitch.
Nov 9, 2018 8:21 AM

Jun 2010
Did Uiharu just die?!
Nov 9, 2018 8:26 AM

Jul 2017
The Accelerator fight was not that bad. The camera panning during it was nice and there was some bits of effort applied.

Otherwise, its a pretty weak episode again. First half was skippable tbh.
Nov 9, 2018 8:26 AM

Nov 2018
Noooooo...too short. I need more Accel vs Kakine fight
also why they aren't showing how Accel can reflect that wing and beat that Kakine..... very dissapointed
EreshchanNov 9, 2018 8:30 AM
Nov 9, 2018 8:32 AM

Jan 2009
lol the battle scenes are so bad

so is the 2 level 5 (Mugino and Kakine) dead?
Nov 9, 2018 8:38 AM
Jan 2015
deg said:

My Queens

Nov 9, 2018 8:40 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode that showed just how powerful School really was. Though the members of Item fought hard they were completely outmatched. Mugino though sure was heartless and treated her team as no more than pawns. Hamazura's tenacity in managing to hold out against her though was impressive. The fight between Accelerator and Kakine sure was intense. It was amusing seeing Accelerator analyse and break down his opponents attacks. Last orders arrival sure was timely and it was impressive in how she managed to calm Accelerator while remaining totally calm. Looks like this is the end of this arc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2018 8:41 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was an intense and very eventful episode!

Super rushed but other than that, it was pretty enjoyable. Mugino, what a psychotic lady she was, totally ripped apart Frenda, I certainly didn't expect her to be this insane. How'd Hamazura even beat her though, there was so many bloody chances where she could have easily just taken him down but oddly enough opted not to. Well, it's the end of ITEM nevertheless.
On another note, that was a cool fight between Accelerator and Kakine! Animation was really good and that's great to have! Poor Uehara though, I hope she's still alive. Accelerator explaining Kakine the crucial difference between the two was lit! Accelerator has honestly became one heck of an amazing villain now. It was nice to see the touching scene between Last Order and Accelerator though! For a second, I thought the AntiSkill leader might've messed up real bad, but Last Order to the rescue! I have to wonder where and what Misaka Mikoto was up to during this whole arc, meanwhile.

Looks like we'll see the return of Touma and Misaka next episode so I'm definitely looking forward to seeing that and knowing more about this mysterious 'Dragon' too.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 9, 2018 8:46 AM

Nov 2011
neonie said:
Did Uiharu just die?!

Nov 9, 2018 9:03 AM

Jun 2010
Stark700 said:
neonie said:
Did Uiharu just die?!

Nov 9, 2018 9:09 AM

Jan 2009
-Mahesvara said:
deg said:

thanks good to know
Nov 9, 2018 9:19 AM

Aug 2009
At least things made, somewhat, sense in this.

Season 3 Accel seems pretty nerfed.Those hits were the weakest attacks I have ever seen....

RIP Index 3. We waited you for so long.Bu you are worse than a low effort cash grab.

Nov 9, 2018 9:24 AM
Oct 2017
Pretty good episode.
Accelerator vs Kakine turned out better than expected

Considering all the stuff they have to work through in 26 Episodes, I think they have done a pretty good job of chopping the LN's down so far. Of course you're gonna have to take a lot of shotrcuts with that amount of episodes but I think it has been waaay better than it COULD have turned out with these limitations.
Nov 9, 2018 9:29 AM

Jan 2016
Another week, another complete hash of of the Battle Royale arc. Well, at least we got to see the / in Fren/da this time around.
Nov 9, 2018 9:43 AM

Aug 2013
at least it has a good action this episode, not such an ugly and confusing like the last one
Nov 9, 2018 9:44 AM

Aug 2009
-No interaction between Shiage and Rikou prior to Kakine's attack
-Mugino's left arm didnt blow up.
-Accel uses black winds for EVERYTHING.
-Accel's EVIL was almost comical
-Kakine had no Awakening
-Accel saved those people....somehow
-Yomikawa just pops up everywhere
-Shiage's friends who he talks to in this ep arent seen.Why even bother then?
-OST is atrocius
-Shiage's plan in the fight is never explained.He just beats the Level 5 that Misaka had troubles with with no real effort
-Anti-Skill just popped out of nowhere
-Hamazura and Yomikawa totally ignore a half melted body of a loli girl......

This shit is almost at Umineko's level.
Nov 9, 2018 9:49 AM

Mar 2016
Two words to sum up this arc in terms of it being adapted:
UTTER. CLUSTERFUCK.

J.C. Staff's responsibility, as usual.
Nov 9, 2018 10:04 AM

Nov 2015
I'm just unimpressed by this whole season. An anime adaptation should not require you to have read all the LNs first just so you can have an idea of what's going on. This is turning into a waste of time when it should have been a highlight of 2018.
Nov 9, 2018 10:21 AM

Jan 2012
Intense ep! Though it still seems that adapatation is sucking hard.

While I'm sure I understand most of the things from this arc, I still have a feeling that something is missing. Is there anyone who can write a brief story for the last 3eps? Including info on what people and orgs were aiming for (Mugino(why she killed Frenda), Item, school, block, Kakine).

I guess it's easier to go to the wiki, but why not asking here, right? Pretty sure that info will be helpfull for many people.
Nov 9, 2018 10:24 AM

Mar 2017
It was the best episode so far this season.
Oh boy, Hamazura was great. I'm starting to like this character.
Accelerator vs Kakine fight looked pretty good. Loved the scene with Last Order.
Nov 9, 2018 10:27 AM

Aug 2009
trampler8324 said:
Intense ep! Though it still seems that adapatation is sucking hard.

While I'm sure I understand most of the things from this arc, I still have a feeling that something is missing. Is there anyone who can write a brief story for the last 3eps? Including info on what people and orgs were aiming for (Mugino(why she killed Frenda), Item, school, block, Kakine).

I guess it's easier to go to the wiki, but why not asking here, right? Pretty sure that info will be helpfull for many people.

School-Kakine wants to be #1.His plan was explained in this ep.
Item-Just wanted to mess with School.
Block-Mess with Aleister because he does bad things.
Member-Honestly i dont remember and I dont care.

Mugino killed Frenda because she betrayed them. In Raigun S,which was written after this, there is a joke when she is about to betray them to Misaka but cant because she cant speak.

Honestly just drop this shit and read the novels.
Nov 9, 2018 10:37 AM

Nov 2013
Oh boi. Worse than I thought it would be.

I am sure they just rushed this for the more important, upcoming arcs, right guys? /s

Aside from having voice acting for certain lines, this was meh.
Nov 9, 2018 10:42 AM

Dec 2013
allenjke said:
Accelerator's fight was done pretty good, didn't save this arc, but at least something.

Seemed pretty bad for me (anime only fag). It was wayyyy too short. It was maybe ~3 mins, and then... "Wait, is it over? That's it?". Me thinking...

Meh, what a waste of time. I was hyped for this fight and they just butchered this.
I can tell w/o reading LN, since it's obvi. af.
Nov 9, 2018 10:42 AM
Jan 2016
First part i didn't understand that much Hamazura vs Mugino, she want beat other group and fighted agains him, this arc was really confuse, honestly! Hope in Accelarator's season they explain better!

Accelerator's fight was cool, the other guy underestimated him, and he won like a badass, sad that the fight was short, unfortunately! When Last Order appeared was a cool moment!

Next episode seems that Touma is back!
Nov 9, 2018 10:47 AM
Nov 2018
Kamiyan3991 said:
allenjke said:
Accelerator's fight was done pretty good, didn't save this arc, but at least something.

Seemed pretty bad for me (anime only fag). It was wayyyy too short. It was maybe ~3 mins, and then... "Wait, is it over? That's it?". Me thinking...

Meh, what a waste of time. I was hyped for this fight and they just butchered this.
I can tell w/o reading LN, since it's obvi. af.

Even in the LN the fight wasn't that long, and Accel defeated Kakine off-screen. So pretty much it was the same.
Nov 9, 2018 10:50 AM

Nov 2013
Limaolc said:
Hope in Accelarator's season they explain better!
This arc is not in the Accelerator manga so nope, nothing will be explained. This is all we will get.
Nov 9, 2018 10:50 AM

Apr 2013
wow mugino getting trashed by Hamazura was unexpected, she killed poor Frenda before though, she betrayed them, but that was still a cruel end, that's what you can expect of villians though, rip Frenda. T_T
And Kakina also got rekt, he was totaly outmachted for Accelerator even before he was awakened, only the little Angel Last Order could stop the berserking Angel.
T̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶o̶r̶ Accelerators tutoring to show the gap between Number 1 and number 2 for Kakine was way too short (two Level 5s getting rekt seems worthy of atleast 2 episodes or not just 5 minutes) but loved like everything Accelerator related this episode, got me even more hyped for his anime.
DelusionalUzumeNov 9, 2018 11:02 AM
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Nov 9, 2018 10:51 AM
Mar 2015
Last Order is so awesome. Loved the way she saved Accelerator
Nov 9, 2018 10:58 AM

Sep 2017
They didn't even try to make sense. Even the action scene is bad. If I want to watch mindless action there are a lot of other much better animated shows I can turn to, not this one.
Nov 9, 2018 11:16 AM

Feb 2016
Jesus Christ, what a mess. Where is Railgun and Touma when you need them?

Hamazura got it right thanks to Touma tho.

Also I don't understand why Mugino was behaving like that, did that blonde girl who has Telekinetic powers messed up her head?

What the fuck is JC. Staff doing?
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 9, 2018 11:20 AM

Aug 2009
HereticHunter said:
J

Also I don't understand why Mugino was behaving like that, did that blonde girl who has Telekinetic powers messed up her head?
No,she was always crazy like that.
Nov 9, 2018 11:21 AM

Feb 2016
ssjokg said:
HereticHunter said:
J

I don't remember her being that crazy in Railgun S, not at this degree tho.
~Blackwall
Nov 9, 2018 11:23 AM

Feb 2015
The fight was decent but thank God this bullshit arc is over. It's a confusing mess that only LN reader can decipher.

Back to the main story next week, hopefully the narrative will be easier to understand.
Nov 9, 2018 11:25 AM

Aug 2009
HereticHunter said:
ssjokg said:

I don't remember her being that crazy in Railgun S, not at this degree tho.

Well, being trashed by Kakine twice and then having to deal with Hamazura made it more obvious.

Also, this should have been her(and all of ITEM) first appearance. Railgun S was written after they were already established part of the series.

Yes, that means Frenda was killed off in her debut.The jokes in railgun about Mugino killing her are there because she DID kill her in Index.
Nov 9, 2018 11:26 AM

Aug 2009
Crashmatt said:

Back to the main story next week, hopefully the narrative will be easier to understand.

Well here is where the fail of the anime is clearly obvious. This was the main story.
Nov 9, 2018 11:28 AM
Nov 2018
HereticHunter said:
Jesus Christ, what a mess. Where is Railgun and Touma when you need them?

Hamazura got it right thanks to Touma tho.

What the fuck is JC. Staff doing?

Actually, this volume proves that what will happen if Touma isn't around?
For instance, if he was there (if he came back from France quickly enough) things wouldn't end up like this. And he will probably save Frenda from death (and other people)
And yeah Mugino always been a crazy bitch, more insane than accel.
Nov 9, 2018 11:30 AM

May 2018
Who is that woman in the Green Tracksuit trying to stop Accelerator from shooting Kakine and what's her role around here????
Nov 9, 2018 11:31 AM
Nov 2018
Crashmatt said:
The fight was decent but thank God this bullshit arc is over. It's a confusing mess that only LN reader can decipher.

This was also part of the plot. Next week off to Acqua arc, and it's easier to understand.
Nov 9, 2018 11:34 AM

Feb 2016
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Who is that woman in the Green Tracksuit trying to stop Accelerator from shooting Kakine and what's her role around here????

Did you watch Railgun?
~Blackwall
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.